NATION

PASSWORD

How does your nation deal with traitors?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Die Tyrannen der Vierten Reich
Lobbyist

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Tyrannen der Vierten Reich » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:47 am

Well, we usually just kill them if the Traitor thereby threatens our great country. Besides, we're doing our best for the economy and our Military we're becoming powerful!
Oh, and we do make great money to from the paintings so thereby, it makes us ever more powerful! IT'S A WIN-WIN!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 am

Immediate execution by firing squad.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Yugo-Austria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yugo-Austria » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 pm

We give them a shitty gun and send them to the frontlines.
pleaes God don't judge me for my previous posts i know it was cringe

Spindela
Political Columnist

Founded: May 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindela » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:34 pm

The Queendom of Spindela auctions off valuable traitors to the highest bidders in our nation, provided they have no vital information that could leave us vulnerable.
If so, they are executed in public, the event televised to ensure that people think twice before going against the nation the protects them.

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Banishment to the "Special Economic Zone"
Get out Nazi punks

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Generally life in prison, life in forced labour camp, corrective therapy, or execution.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Historically, via hanging, though in the middle of a war, far more brutal punishments are sometimes improvised at summary executions.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Verdo-Releignia
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdo-Releignia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:39 pm

They are stripped of their skin and crucified.
~~~Verdo-Releignia, now with 25% less hate per serving!~~~

In loving memory of Benomia and Bezombia. May you burn in hell, you wonderful piece of garbage that I kept refusing to throw away.

Valerion
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Valerion » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 pm

They get a choice of life long work in prison, or death in the arena
Do you like...Bananas?

Politics! and stuff..?
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

Social Attitude Test!

Obligatory for and against!
For: Bananas, Monarchy, Equal rights, Science, Unity, Transhumanism, Free speech
Meh: Technocracy
Against: Democracy, Organized Religion, Stagnation

Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Westeastern Dicantia wrote:If they've been tried and proven guilty, they get put into a small, dark box. The box slowly fills with boiling water as they are drowned and severely scalded at the same time. It's the worst death we could think of at the time.

Nice one.

In Medwedia, we also sometimes use drowning or scalding in some of our creative executions. But we are most notable for our acid usage: For example, the master executioner Frederik S. Sadison, who popularized some creative executions which involve both medieval pain and modern technology, has invented the following method:

The convict is put into a large cylinder filled with water. He is restrained and outfitted with a breathing mask and also a needle that injects nutrients. Then, acid is slowly mixed into the water. Within several days, the skin dissolves, then the muscles dissolve and so on.

Gollifray
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gollifray » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 pm

If a citizen is convicted of treason, he/she is exiled from the country.
A unitary social democratic republic, built on the ideals of social democracy and dignity for all human beings.
Full Member of the International Space Agency
Proud member of the Coalition for Nuclear Prosperity!
Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program!
Honored Member of The League of Liberal Nations
IATA Member
Ranked as "Very Free" by the Community of Lalaki's Civil Liberties Index

Petalo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Petalo » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Geez what is up with other nations! We just send them to prison for 1-90 years.
.Cyan-Spanish and French origins White-Peace.Red-Passion http://i.imgur.com/kVo9FS2.png(Made by Fynwick)

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Imprisonment, or execution by firing squad or electric chair.

Solvis
Attaché

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Solvis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:00 pm

We kill them, torture them, or sentence them to a labor camp.

Tubastan
Secretary

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubastan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:05 pm

We'll ship them off to help tune some bass flutes... Хахахаха. Or ya know, ship them off to a labor camp in the Rockies.
~~~~~~~><!Tubas, Unite!><~~~~~~~~
[===== The Glorious FRT =====]

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:10 pm

High Treason is punishable by execution by electric chair or hanging. Lethal injection is far too kind for treason. Low Treason (like espionage that does not truly endanger the country) is punishable by fifteen years to life in prison, depending on the circumstances.

In the military, there are two ways to handle treason. If a soldier betrays his country while actually fighting in battlefields,he will be shot on sight. Otherwise, treason in the military is punishable by lethal injection, because lethal injection is seen as the most "honorable" way to kill a man off the battlefield, though people have tried to change this to firing squad since the sixties.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Traitors are punished with prison time. Specifics depend on the severity of the treason.

Prior to the abolition of the death penalty, traitors were usually executed. In fact, the last person ever to receive the death penalty was one charged with treason.

Greater Aztec Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Aztec Empire » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm

The traitors of the Greater Aztec Empire are dealt with the capital punishment.

Before the convict encounters the capital punishment, he or she must undergo a series of rehabilitations for at most 10 years.
If the convict cannot fix his or her mistakes, then he or she must undergo the capital punishment with his or her preferred method.
If the convict can fix his or her mistakes, then he or she must undergo at least 25 years of imprisonment in a maximum-guarded prison.
Based on the latest statistics from the Ministry of National Security, there are only 10% of the convicts who prove capable to fix their mistakes.

Hazamaeia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hazamaeia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:11 pm

could be labour camp or DESS death
Visit Hazamaeia!
Travel guide | Hazam phrasebook
Overview | Embassy and Consulate Program | NSWiki.org
Please keep Hazamaeia beautiful!

Hi, Earth! I'm Rimarua from the Hazameian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I'll be handling this account now for Hazamaeia replacing Vice-Minister Ranuwavimranure so he can focus more on his higher duty in the ministry.

I also play badminton and will represent my nation in the next Olympic. At that time, I'll be most likely replaced by my roommate here, Arina. She works at the grocery store next to our apartment.

Why are you saying bad things about me, Rima? I am an author and I own that grocery store!
Oh look! She won the gold medal. Now I should stand her bragging about it.

This is still my eyes though.

Sierra Verde
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sierra Verde » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:04 am

The most common forms of punishment for traitors is hanging, death by firing squad, or crucifixion. Traitors are deemed too costly to keep alive by most local governments.

Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:35 am

Another creative execution:

Traitor has their head cut open and then has chunks of their brain ripped out while still alive.

Authoritystan
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Authoritystan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:00 am

Brainwashing.
We'll brainwash them better this time, so history won't repeat itself.

La Potrebbe di Venezia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby La Potrebbe di Venezia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 am

We don't got Prison's here in Venezia because we are to civilized for that. We instead sell them off as a slave to another country or any other job they wish but it's a hard-working jobs like working in Factories, Armies, or making our Bloxy Cola we're famous for.

Tolmakia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolmakia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:33 am

Before, in Tolmakia, traitors were kept in prisons and felt salt, sugar or flour. Today, we just exile them and if they appear in the nation, they are killed and dragged away from borders. In war, traitors are imprisoned or baked in the Desert, left to freeze in the ice, or left to succumb to disease in the jungle.
~REPUBLICAN STATE OF TOLMAKIA~

Official Tolmakia Wiki

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:27 am

刑法:「意圖以暴動顛覆政府,或以非法方式更改國憲者,處五年以上有期徒刑。首謀者,處無期徒刑。」(內亂罪)

The criminal code: he who acts to disestablish the government through violence, or to alter the constitution of the nation illegally, shall be sentenced to serve more than 5 years in prison. The principal conspirator shall serve for his life*."

刑法:「戰時便利敵國,俾不利於民國者,處十二年有期徒刑。」(通敵罪)

The criminal code: he who aids an enemy nation during war, to the detriment of the Republic (of China), shall be sentenced to serve more than 12 years in prison."

* -- In relation to parole, a life sentence is treated as a 18-year sentence, so parole is available after 6 years served. The sentencing cap for imprisonment is 15 years otherwise.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information