NATION

PASSWORD

International Factbook Raters (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:29 am

everyone so far has been added to the backlog. I will try to get through all 4 applications today, but no promises have been made
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:29 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: The Eternal Serene Republic of Beiluxia, commonly known as Beiluxia
Factbook Link: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=146523
Factbook Category: Overview (layout based on Wikipedia)
Factbook Name: Factbook of Beiluxia
Would you like to have any suggestions? My factbook has been a continuous under-construction piece of work since I've started playing NS. Any helpful tips on improving my factbook will be appreciated.

SpellingAre there any spelling mistakes?6/10
GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?8/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?26/30
TopicDoes the factbook stay on topic or does it stray?18/20
Extra InformationIs there any extra info that may add to the original topic?5/5
UpdatesIs the factbook updated occasionally?3/5
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?18/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?10/10

Overall ranking: 94

ImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on the Factbook
Very nice and organized with great amounts of pictures. There are many links to Wikipedia entries, that really add to the factbook. There are quite a few spelling mistakes, but luckily only minor grammatical mistakes.

Next Step
Firstly, try reading through parts of the factbook out loud. It may help to find the grammatical mistakes much easier. Also, in accounts to spelling, try carefully going through each section. Words such as "forces" and "provinces" (written in factbook as forses and provinses) need to be fixed. For the geography section, try bolding or underlining the names of provinces (while in the spoilers). And finally, something that I am sure you already know, please finish up the history section.

If it changes anything, I'm using British English spelling rules. In addition, I forgot to point out that there are some words in Beiluxia that are spelt differently (among them include "forses" and "provinses"). They are relics of Beiluxian Standard English, a quasi-archaic variation originating from the late 1800s that tried to standardise English pronunciation and spelling but was ultimately abandoned in favour of Received Pronunciation & British/International English as the standard Beiluxian English pronunciation and spelling conventions, respectively. Some words, especially proper nouns, remain under the prior spelling norms, such as "National Polise", "His Eternal Elite Forses", and more rarely the "Republik of Baaluuksya". Note that in most cases, the proper noun with the archaic spelling is spelt under British English norms in the common noun version. When referring to the "National Polise" generally, they are called the "police", and when referring to "His Eternal Elite Forses" generally, they are called the "elite forces". This is why all of Beiluxia's ten provinses are not spelt "province". In this case, the term "province" has a completely different terminology in Beiluxia than "provinse", since "province" refers to the "Haven Province" ceremoniously under the British monarch's reign rather than Beiluxia's "Haven Provinse". Sorry for the extremely long explanation; I guess what I'm trying to say is my spelling is technically correct in regards to how I RP my nation, in the same way that American English spelling is correct in the US but not in the UK.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Zorbae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorbae » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:32 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Zorbae wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: Zorbae
Factbook Link: Overview
Factbook Category: Overview
Factbook Name: The Kingdom of Zorbae
Would you like to have any suggestions? Have fun.

is that a yes or no to suggestions about your factbook?

Go for yes.
Last edited by Zorbae on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Shakespeare is a drunken savage with some imagination whose plays please only in London and Canada' - Voltaire
Name: D A Russell
Nationality: United Kingdom
Residence: Essex, England, UK
Race: White
Religion: Roman Catholic
Orientation: Straight
Party: Conservative (UK)
European Union: Pro-EU
Political Beliefs: Orange-Book Liberalism,
One-Nation Conservatism, High Tory Conservatism,
Thatcherite Conservatism

I don't 'think' Europe is better than America. I know it is.

Apparently this sig is "too blue".

They call themselves neo-pagans: Odinists, Druids, Osirites. I call them pretenders, false claimants to long-forgotten thrones.

I am in fact a group of monkeys who got bored of typing up Shakespeare
The United Imperial Khaganate of Zorbae

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:36 am

Cyprevus wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name:Cyprevus
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=265976
Factbook Category:Meta Sources
Factbook Name:Cyprevean Directory Page
Would you like to have any suggestions? Sure

SpellingAre there any spelling mistakes?10/10
GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?5/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?25/30
TopicDoes the factbook stay on topic or does it stray?13/20
Extra InformationIs there any extra info that may add to the original topic?3/5
UpdatesIs the factbook updated occasionally?5/5
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?9/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?0/10

Overall ranking: 70

ImageImage

Thoughts on the factbook
Good start so far. Everything is in place for links to be added in later. It does look a bit dull.

Next Step
Add links to the NS calculators. Try adding in some more links all over the dispatch, and try adding in some colour/pictures. Maybe add in some basic information about the country, so that others will have a reason to continue looking through the factbook.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Cyprevus
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Cyprevus wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name:Cyprevus
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=265976
Factbook Category:Meta Sources
Factbook Name:Cyprevean Directory Page

Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?9/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?0/10

ImageImage

Thoughts on the factbook
Good start so far. Everything is in place for links to be added in later. It does look a bit dull.

Next Step
Add links to the NS calculators. Try adding in some more links all over the dispatch, and try adding in some colour/pictures. Maybe add in some basic information about the country, so that others will have a reason to continue looking through the factbook.

I will eventually but it is a WIP. How do you add links. I try to but it won't work.
Xbox Live = Hunterb2013
Fallout RP Group
Call me Cyp
Meet my friend Mr. Tank
[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:39 am

Beiluxia wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?8/10
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?18/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?10/10

Overall ranking: 94

ImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on the Factbook
Very nice and organized with great amounts of pictures. There are many links to Wikipedia entries, that really add to the factbook. There are quite a few spelling mistakes, but luckily only minor grammatical mistakes.

Next Step
Firstly, try reading through parts of the factbook out loud. It may help to find the grammatical mistakes much easier. Also, in accounts to spelling, try carefully going through each section. Words such as "forces" and "provinces" (written in factbook as forses and provinses) need to be fixed. For the geography section, try bolding or underlining the names of provinces (while in the spoilers). And finally, something that I am sure you already know, please finish up the history section.

If it changes anything, I'm using British English spelling rules. In addition, I forgot to point out that there are some words in Beiluxia that are spelt differently (among them include "forses" and "provinses"). They are relics of Beiluxian Standard English, a quasi-archaic variation originating from the late 1800s that tried to standardise English pronunciation and spelling but was ultimately abandoned in favour of Received Pronunciation & British/International English as the standard Beiluxian English pronunciation and spelling conventions, respectively. Some words, especially proper nouns, remain under the prior spelling norms, such as "National Polise", "His Eternal Elite Forses", and more rarely the "Republik of Baaluuksya". Note that in most cases, the proper noun with the archaic spelling is spelt under British English norms in the common noun version. When referring to the "National Polise" generally, they are called the "police", and when referring to "His Eternal Elite Forses" generally, they are called the "elite forces". This is why all of Beiluxia's ten provinses are not spelt "province". In this case, the term "province" has a completely different terminology in Beiluxia than "provinse", since "province" refers to the "Haven Province" ceremoniously under the British monarch's reign rather than Beiluxia's "Haven Provinse". Sorry for the extremely long explanation; I guess what I'm trying to say is my spelling is technically correct in regards to how I RP my nation, in the same way that American English spelling is correct in the US but not in the UK.

This makes perfect sense. I am Canadian, so I use British spelling as well. In this case, your spelling mark increases to 8/10 leaving you with an overall ranking of 96

ImageImageImageImageImage

congratulations
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:41 am

Cyprevus wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

(Image)(Image)

Thoughts on the factbook

Next Step

I will eventually but it is a WIP. How do you add links. I try to but it won't work.

[url=put link here]put name of where it is going over here[/url]
She/Her

Factbook

Cyprevus
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:42 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Cyprevus wrote:I will eventually but it is a WIP. How do you add links. I try to but it won't work.

[url=put link here]put name of where it is going over here[/url]

Thank you. I will re summit it when it is completely done.
Xbox Live = Hunterb2013
Fallout RP Group
Call me Cyp
Meet my friend Mr. Tank
[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:54 am

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?10/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?24/30
TopicDoes the factbook stay on topic or does it stray?19/20
UpdatesIs the factbook updated occasionally?4/5
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?15/20

Overall ranking: 97

Thoughts on the Factbook
Exquisite factbook. Large amounts of pictures and links to wikipedia. Sections are a little small, but all the necessary information is present.The rotating view of the mountain is quite original.

Next Step
Firstly, try adding some more information into the history section. It begins in 103 and ends in the present day, so there should definitely be some more information. Truthfully, there really is not too much to add, since all sections link up with other factbooks on those specific sections and in more detail.
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:56 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: Democratic Republic of Bulgar Rouge
Factbook Link: click
Factbook Category: Pick any entry other than Introduction (didn't finish it due to ongoing thesis/graduation).
Factbook Name: Bulgar Rouge
Would you like to have any suggestions? Nope.

can you please specify which topic you would like me to look at? I just rate the factbooks, not choose which ones to rate.

Sorry
She/Her

Factbook

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:If it changes anything, I'm using British English spelling rules. In addition, I forgot to point out that there are some words in Beiluxia that are spelt differently (among them include "forses" and "provinses"). They are relics of Beiluxian Standard English, a quasi-archaic variation originating from the late 1800s that tried to standardise English pronunciation and spelling but was ultimately abandoned in favour of Received Pronunciation & British/International English as the standard Beiluxian English pronunciation and spelling conventions, respectively. Some words, especially proper nouns, remain under the prior spelling norms, such as "National Polise", "His Eternal Elite Forses", and more rarely the "Republik of Baaluuksya". Note that in most cases, the proper noun with the archaic spelling is spelt under British English norms in the common noun version. When referring to the "National Polise" generally, they are called the "police", and when referring to "His Eternal Elite Forses" generally, they are called the "elite forces". This is why all of Beiluxia's ten provinses are not spelt "province". In this case, the term "province" has a completely different terminology in Beiluxia than "provinse", since "province" refers to the "Haven Province" ceremoniously under the British monarch's reign rather than Beiluxia's "Haven Provinse". Sorry for the extremely long explanation; I guess what I'm trying to say is my spelling is technically correct in regards to how I RP my nation, in the same way that American English spelling is correct in the US but not in the UK.

This makes perfect sense. I am Canadian, so I use British spelling as well. In this case, your spelling mark increases to 8/10 leaving you with an overall ranking of 96

congratulations

Thanks a bunch for the rating! :)
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Factbook Category: Pick any entry other than Introduction (didn't finish it due to ongoing thesis/graduation).

can you please specify which topic you would like me to look at? I just rate the factbooks, not choose which ones to rate.

Sorry

Alright, take Air Force.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Zorbae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorbae » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?10/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?24/30
UpdatesIs the factbook updated occasionally?4/5
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?15/20

Overall ranking: 97

Thoughts on the Factbook
Exquisite factbook. Large amounts of pictures and links to wikipedia. Sections are a little small, but all the necessary information is present.The rotating view of the mountain is quite original.

Next Step
Firstly, try adding some more information into the history section. It begins in 103 and ends in the present day, so there should definitely be some more information. Truthfully, there really is not too much to add, since all sections link up with other factbooks on those specific sections and in more detail.

Thank you very much for your time! 5 stars!
'Shakespeare is a drunken savage with some imagination whose plays please only in London and Canada' - Voltaire
Name: D A Russell
Nationality: United Kingdom
Residence: Essex, England, UK
Race: White
Religion: Roman Catholic
Orientation: Straight
Party: Conservative (UK)
European Union: Pro-EU
Political Beliefs: Orange-Book Liberalism,
One-Nation Conservatism, High Tory Conservatism,
Thatcherite Conservatism

I don't 'think' Europe is better than America. I know it is.

Apparently this sig is "too blue".

They call themselves neo-pagans: Odinists, Druids, Osirites. I call them pretenders, false claimants to long-forgotten thrones.

I am in fact a group of monkeys who got bored of typing up Shakespeare
The United Imperial Khaganate of Zorbae

Aristotlic
Civilian

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

APPLICATION

Postby Aristotlic » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Um, could you look through my factbook, and give me any tips on how to make it better?

Nation Name: Aristotlic
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aristotlic/detail=factbook/id=263886
Factbook Name: The United States of Aristotlic
Would you like to have any suggestions? Yes

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:50 pm

APPLICATION
Nation Name: The Mechanocracy
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=blak ... /id=128452
Factbook Category: Military
Factbook Name: Heavy Metal - Official Armoured Warfare Database
Would you like to have any suggestions? Yes.

The factbook is currently being revamped, so apologies if it's a bit sloppy.
Last edited by Blakullar on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Estenia wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: Estenia
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=este ... /id=247791
Factbook Name: Estenia
Would you like to have any suggestions?: No

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?4/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?20/30
TopicDoes the factbook stay on topic or does it stray?15/20
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?12/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?5/10

Overall ranking: 68

ImageImage
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:12 pm

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?9/10
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?7/10

Overall ranking: 95

ImageImageImageImage
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Aristotlic wrote:Um, could you look through my factbook, and give me any tips on how to make it better?

Nation Name: Aristotlic
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aristotlic/detail=factbook/id=263886
Factbook Name: The United States of Aristotlic

SpellingAre there any spelling mistakes?7/10
GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?6/10
LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?23/30
TopicDoes the factbook stay on topic or does it stray?17/20
Extra InformationIs there any extra info that may add to the original topic?4/5
Overall QualityOverall, is the factbook pleasant to read? Is everything well structured?13/20
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?4/10

Overall ranking: 79

ImageImageImage

Thoughts on the Factbook
Great Start to the factbook! It has all the key concepts needed to become a great factbook. It does have some spelling and grammar mistakes, but none hinder the reading of the factbook. It does look quite bland though.

Next Step
To begin with, the overall format of the factbook is a great start at becoming a wiki-style factbook. Try checking out this link for help. next, I suggest you try and get your links from the contents section to work with the rest of the titles around the factbook. After all this is done, try reading over the factbook out loud to check for any grammatical mistakes. Now, in terms of actual writing, try adding:
-city/capitol names. Just because you cannot choose a capitol in the settings menu of NS, does not mean you do not have a capitol
-sidenote: pictures
-more about history and military
-add some more facts about foreign policy, and maybe names of some allies you have and how they became allies
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 am

Blakullar wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: The Mechanocracy
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=blak ... /id=128452
Factbook Name: Heavy Metal - Official Armoured Warfare Database
Would you like to have any suggestions? Yes.

The factbook is currently being revamped, so apologies if it's a bit sloppy.

Extra InformationIs there any extra info that may add to the original topic?4/5
DetailsDoes the factbook have pictures to add to the understanding of the factbook? Are there any side-links to other factbooks or anything else that may help the reader to understand the factbook?6/10

Overall ranking: 91

ImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on the Factbook
Nice layout! There are very few grammatical mistakes that do not hinder the factbook's reading. There are nice little blurbs about each armoured vehicle, as well as a picture of it.

Next Step
Since I know that these should not have too much writing in them, try adding the date that they were commissioned to join the main army. Maybe add in a little paragraph or two of victories where these vehicles were used in achieving it.
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 am

The International Factbook Raters has re-opened!
She/Her

Factbook

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 am

APPLICATION
Nation Name: Republic of Padnak
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=padn ... /id=221316
Factbook Name: Padnaki Army

Its a semi work in progress, (Its almost finished, but because I like messing around with stuff it will probably never be done-
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am

Padnak wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: Republic of Padnak
Factbook Link: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=padn ... /id=221316
Factbook Name: Padnaki Army

Its a semi work in progress, (Its almost finished, but because I like messing around with stuff it will probably never be done-

GrammarIs everything grammatically correct?6/10

Overall ranking: 98

Thoughts on the Factbook
The factbook is extremely well put together. The information is very concise, which is very appropriate for a factbook with this particular layout. The extra links for the various weapons are a great add-on. One big thing that needs to be worked on is the overall grammar.

Next Step
Make sure that your demonym is the same throughout the factbook, since at present it switches between "Padnaki" and "Padnakian". Also, a few subheadings are bold while others are not. It would be best to keep everything the same throughout the factbook.
Last edited by Rhodevus on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

Factbook

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:50 pm

APPLICATION
Nation Name: Pavonistade
Factbook Link: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Pavonistade
Factbook Category: General/Overview
Factbook Name: Pavonistade
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Pavonistade wrote:APPLICATION
Nation Name: Pavonistade
Factbook Link: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Pavonistade
Factbook Category: General/Overview
Factbook Name: Pavonistade

LayoutDoes the factbook have a nice layout? Is it easy to follow?28/30

Overall ranking: 101

Thoughts on the Factbook
Very well put together and nice and long. It has a great amount of pictures and the links to foreign relations is a nice boost to an already good factbook. The wiki style factbook is great for expressing all the information about the country and the headings and subheadings are well organized.

Next Step
Try moving around pictures. Try not having 3-4 consecutive pictures in a row, on the far right. Move one to the the left to give the factbook some dimension. Add on some information about each state in Pavonistade. That can include when it was recognized as a state, as well as some general history about it.
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:13 pm

shameful bump
She/Her

Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information