NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Air Force Mark II:

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Chistanad wrote:
Vancon wrote:
F-4s and F-14s are cool, but to be a viable thing in the modern world. Get some Grippens or maybe f-16s. F-18's would be good too. You just need to upgrade.

I might keep my F-14's but I know I need to get rid of the F-4's. I'm thinking of getting some Hornets to replace the Phantoms.

Good on you for the f-4 thoughts, but for the f-14s...

Look. The 14 is good, yea. Yet it's old. Really old. It would be like bringing a semi-auto pistol to a duel between LMGs. It would still work, but severely under-powered to the point of uselessness. Just get a ton of f-18s and grippens.

My top-of-page my F-1--NOPE! HAVE A TOMCAT.
Last edited by Vancon on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Vancon wrote:
Chistanad wrote:I might keep my F-14's but I know I need to get rid of the F-4's. I'm thinking of getting some Hornets to replace the Phantoms.

Look. The 14 is good, yea. Yet it's old. Really old. It would be like bringing a semi-auto pistol to a duel between LMGs. It would still work, but severely under-powered to the point of uselessness. Just get a ton of f-18s and grippens.

Should I keep some as a reserve squadron, an aggressor squadron (American uses F-5's as aggressor), or as trainers.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Chistanad wrote:
Vancon wrote:Good on you for the f-4 thoughts, but for the f-14s...

Should I keep some as a reserve squadron, an aggressor squadron (American uses F-5's as aggressor), or as trainers.

I'd salvage them and get some Hawks, ie the designated trainer for the Hornet. I don't know what the trainer is for the f-16 nor Grippen.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Vancon wrote:
Chistanad wrote:I might keep my F-14's but I know I need to get rid of the F-4's. I'm thinking of getting some Hornets to replace the Phantoms.

>F-4s = good
>F-14s are too old

wat. Also, the F-15C/E would probably be a more apt, modern land-based replacement to the F-4 than a light, single-engine multirole.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Vancon wrote:

The F-15 is old too (adopted in 1976, compared to 1974 for the F-14). Of course the F-15 has been modernized considerably, but you could easily do that with the F-14 too.

The real reason they were shitcanned was because their mission (intercepting Soviet bombers carrying anti-ship missiles and shooting them down with the AIM-54 Phoenix missile) was no longer relevant.
Last edited by Lemanrussland on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Licana wrote:

>F-4s = good
>F-14s are too old

wat. Also, the F-15C/E would probably be a more apt, modern land-based replacement to the F-4 than a light, single-engine multirole.

F-4-1960
F-14-1974

F-4 is older.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Licana wrote:

>F-4s = good
>F-14s are too old

I meant good for him to replace the F-4s.

The F-15 is slightly younger, so they'd be a slightly better choice.

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Vancon wrote:
Licana wrote:>F-4s = good
>F-14s are too old

I meant good for him to replace the F-4s.

The F-15 is slightly younger, so they'd be a slightly better choice.

By two years.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Slightly younger in that it is the roughly the same age as almost every mainline fighter used by every major nation across the globe.

If the nation in question is just now moving its F-4s out of service, it's not exactly very likely it's going to immidiately start using Typhoons or Su-35s. An F-15 model is the most logical step up without knowing the specifics of what roles the nation is going to want its new fighters to do.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm replacing my force of Mig29's and Su27's with western designed Typhoons and Rafale's.
What would you suggest I do with my Mig's and Su27's

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Spodystan wrote:I'm replacing my force of Mig29's and Su27's with western designed Typhoons and Rafale's.

Sell 'em to Padnak.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Spodystan wrote:I'm replacing my force of Mig29's and Su27's with western designed Typhoons and Rafale's.

You could sell them or give them away, like the Germans did with the stocks they inherited from the DDR (some aircraft like the MiG-29 stayed in service for some time).
Last edited by Lemanrussland on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Should I keep my F-14's on reserve.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Chistanad wrote:Should I keep my F-14's on reserve.

I wouldn't, but if you think you won't have enough newer planes...

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Vancon wrote:
Chistanad wrote:Should I keep my F-14's on reserve.

I wouldn't, but if you think you won't have enough newer planes...

I like the F-14 and I don't want to get rid if them. Yet I know I need newer aircraft. I do have one squadron of F/A-18C Hornets.

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:04 pm

I am keeping 12 Mig 29's for upgrades but the remaining 24 Mig's and 6 su27's I will sell to anyone interested in them

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Spodystan wrote:I am keeping 12 Mig 29's for upgrades but the remaining 24 Mig's and 6 su27's I will sell to anyone interested in them

I would like the six Su-27's.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Chistanad wrote:
Vancon wrote:I wouldn't, but if you think you won't have enough newer planes...

I like the F-14 and I don't want to get rid if them. Yet I know I need newer aircraft. I do have one squadron of F/A-18C Hornets.

Don't get me wrong, the f-14 is my second fav plane ever. However, It won't really work that well in MT.

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Chistanad wrote:
Vancon wrote:I wouldn't, but if you think you won't have enough newer planes...

All that you need
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Chistanad wrote:
Spodystan wrote:I am keeping 12 Mig 29's for upgrades but the remaining 24 Mig's and 6 su27's I will sell to anyone interested in them

I would like the six Su-27's.

I'll sell them too you for 3.5 million apiece since they are heavily used aircraft.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:11 pm

If the F-14 was more suited to being multiroled I think it would still probably be in service now. Congress considered upgrading them to have better ground-attack capabilities to be too expensive (since the F-18s were coming in anyway).

If you have enough more modern aircraft to replace it, go ahead. If you don't, I would keep the F-14 on.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Padnak wrote:
Chistanad wrote:I like the F-14 and I don't want to get rid if them. Yet I know I need newer aircraft. I do have one squadron of F/A-18C Hornets.

All that you need

Considering that the aircraft he mentioned (F-14 and F/A-18C) are both naval fighters, I seriously doubt Su-35 fits his bill very well... at all.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Virana wrote:

Considering that the aircraft he mentioned (F-14 and F/A-18C) are both naval fighters, I seriously doubt Su-35 fits his bill very well... at all.

my mistake

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Chistanad
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chistanad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Padnak wrote:
Virana wrote:Considering that the aircraft he mentioned (F-14 and F/A-18C) are both naval fighters, I seriously doubt Su-35 fits his bill very well... at all.

my mistake

That'll be interesting to use. Do you have any extra I can buy.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Chistanad wrote:

That'll be interesting to use. Do you have any extra I can buy.

Sadly I'm in almost the same boat as you are

#RepinTheThirdWorld

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information