NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread MkII*

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should begin the next thread?

San-Silvacian
9%
Purpelia
8%
Beno
11%
Puzikas
22%
Kouralia
5%
The Archangel Conglomerate:
9%
Immoren
4%
Premislyd
11%
Anemos Major
16%
The Akasha Colony
4%

Total votes : 91

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Puzikas wrote:
The balkens wrote:
Didn't the Chinese develop a bullpup AK? (Or rather a type 56)

A few people have developed bullpup AKs.
This is nothing new.

Im talking about bolt action rifles here. Things that are not designed from the ground up in this case are really shitty.

I am a firm believer of this as well.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Hodori wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:wanna see a proper epic bullpup?

Would this be described as 'winning'?

Only if you post the internals as well :p

(you take things even further than Purp :p )
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Unlike the previous series, this thread Is for the discussion of of your nations military's small arms, body armor, uniform, communications gear, and other general equipment. All tech levels are welcome, but please understand that this thread tends to be geared towards modern and post modern tech, so designs operating on unobtainium or other FT wankery are bound to be criticized from a realistic perspective.

I still get a chuckle from this.

Fordorsia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:What kind of carnifex are we talking about? the wasp, Crab or Weird cat thingy?
wait it's the 40K thing isn't it?

Yup. Me Ulfr and Tsavon haven't really discussed the large examples of Nathi that much, but NotCarnifexes are pretty much what I imagine them as. That rifle is Fordorsia's answer to their appearance during the Deep War.

30x200mm Armour-Piercing Fragmentation is glory.

That looks painful to use for some reason :|
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Totally unrelated image of helmets

So TFB reported a report that shooters who learn with Red Dot Optics with handguns tend to shoot better than those do not.

do you issue electronic optics with pistols?

I do not.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Yup. Me Ulfr and Tsavon haven't really discussed the large examples of Nathi that much, but NotCarnifexes are pretty much what I imagine them as. That rifle is Fordorsia's answer to their appearance during the Deep War.

(Image)

30x200mm Armour-Piercing Fragmentation is glory.

Some reason? I thought it was pretty clear why.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Puzikas wrote:Totally unrelated image of helmets

So TFB reported a report that shooters who learn with Red Dot Optics with handguns tend to shoot better than those do not.

I do not.

Depends on the use. Special forces, yes. General issue, no.

Dat cua Tien
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dat cua Tien » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:Any reason why I couldn't use a reusable RPG-7-esque launcher, but the rockets having RPG-76 style motors? The only thing I thought of was it would throw balance off a little bit without needing a tube to go over the shoulder, but I doubt the large warheads for the RPG-7 are balanced anyways, and the tube on the shoulder wouldn't have much weight to begin with so I had discredited the concern.

Bump. I think this is a pretty usable design, and I'll probably add some sort of plexiglass for face protection as I'll be bumping up the motor size as well. Thoughts?

I do not.

No, but I can certainly believe it. My groups with red dots vs. iron sights are halved, from a rifle.

I've been lusting after an M&P CORE though.
Last edited by Dat cua Tien on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 pm

I do not.

I had a really difficult time trying to pick up the red dot on a handgun. If I remember right, it was an RMR on a Glock, and it took me forever to find where the dot sat in the sight. Irons (well, plastics in this case)? Way easier to just bring up onto target, at least for me. Completely different story when it comes to rifles, though.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I do not.

I don't. Pointless in my opinion.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Don't really know much of its purpose.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Don't really know much of its purpose.

Looks like a AT rifle.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I do not.

Triggthiuda: no, because they're an extra expense and practical accuracy with a pistol isn't going to be too good with or without the RDS

Kienğal: yes, because the standard issue "pistol" is more of a PDW than a pistol and is expected to be used out to 200 metres if necessary, so every little bit helps. Also, it's a shiny thing, and Kienğal likes shiny things.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I do not.

No, but the standard issue sidearm comes with a laser sight.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:00 pm

I do not.

Negative, it would be a wasteful expense and just something else to have to fix back at a FOB or on the "line".
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

did the barrel and lock change. And the one tone
Still double barrel percussion rifled

This is my second attempt.
Still a WIP.
Last edited by Romic on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:
Dat cua Tien wrote:Any reason why I couldn't use a reusable RPG-7-esque launcher, but the rockets having RPG-76 style motors? The only thing I thought of was it would throw balance off a little bit without needing a tube to go over the shoulder, but I doubt the large warheads for the RPG-7 are balanced anyways, and the tube on the shoulder wouldn't have much weight to begin with so I had discredited the concern.

Bump. I think this is a pretty usable design, and I'll probably add some sort of plexiglass for face protection as I'll be bumping up the motor size as well. Thoughts?

I do not.

No, but I can certainly believe it. My groups with red dots vs. iron sights are halved, from a rifle.

I've been lusting after an M&P CORE though.

Dat M&P CORE knows how to lay the smack on a bitch. I got to put five rounds through one at a Smith & Wesson demo shoot, and I fell in love on the spot.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:01 am

God I love S&W. Some of the best handguns on the planet.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 am

The balkens wrote:God I love S&W. Some of the best handguns on the planet.

And we have them to thank for those wonderful Winchester Lever Guns.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 am

Finished Double Barrel Percussion Rifle

Stat Block
Weight 10-15 pounds
Caliber .54 caliber round shot
Action percussion cap
Rate of fire User-dependent
Effective firing range 400 yards
Feed system Muzzle loaded
Sights Open blade sight

TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am

Nua Corda wrote:
The balkens wrote:God I love S&W. Some of the best handguns on the planet.

I thought the Winchester company made them? Designed by John browning?

Or are we talking about the same rifle?

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 am

The balkens wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

When Sam Colt got the patent for the revolver, he litigated it aggressively. In the process, he put young Dan Wesson out of business, since the revolver Wesson designed was infringing on the patent. Wesson teamed up with Horace Smith to create the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company, to make pistols and rifles based on a design for a repeating rifle and rocket ball ammunition developed by Walter Hunt (who is better known for inventing the safety pin). Smith and Wesson, together with a fellow named B Tyler Henry, perfected the design, and sold it as the Volcanic Repeater. Eventually, since rocket ball ammunition sucks ass, B Tyler Henry designed a rimfire .44 cartridge, and redesigned the rifle to fire it, creating the Henry Rifle. The Volcanic Arms company was created with startup money from a number of investors, including one Oliver Winchester, who eventually bought out the company and renamed it the New Haven Arms Company. Later, he changed the name to Winchester Repeating Arms, and the rest is history.

Eventually, after Smith and Wesson left to create a revolver company which would turn the tables on Colt with a patent for a bored-through cylinder, Winchester would team up with John Browning to produce a series of new designs intended to handle more powerful cartridges, but without Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson, it is very likely that Winchester Arms never would have existed in the first place.
Last edited by Nua Corda on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:22 am

Nua Corda wrote:
The balkens wrote:

When Sam Colt got the patent for the revolver, he litigated it aggressively. In the process, he put young Dan Wesson out of business, since the revolver Wesson designed was infringing on the patent. Wesson teamed up with Horace Smith to create the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company, to make pistols and rifles based on a design for a repeating rifle and rocket ball ammunition developed by Walter Hunt (who is better known for inventing the safety pin). Smith and Wesson, together with a fellow named B Tyler Henry, perfected the design, and sold it as the Volcanic Repeater. Eventually, since rocket ball ammunition sucks ass, B Tyler Henry designed a rimfire .44 cartridge, and redesigned the rifle to fire it, creating the Henry Rifle. The Volcanic Arms company was created with startup money from a number of investors, including one Oliver Winchester, who eventually bought out the company and renamed it the New Haven Arms Company. Later, he changed the name to Winchester Repeating Arms, and the rest is history.

Eventually, after Smith and Wesson left to create a revolver company which would turn the tables on Colt with a patent for a bored-through cylinder, Winchester would team up with John Browning to produce a series of new designs intended to handle more powerful cartridges, but without Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson, it is very likely that Winchester Arms never would have existed in the first place.

Ah.....
You seriously make me look like a amature gun collector. :blush:
Last edited by The balkens on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 am

Puzikas wrote:

I do not.

No. As much as it may pain some people to hear it the advantages an optic on a handgun are marginal at best.
Unreachable.

Alimeria-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria- » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 am

The balkens wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Everything can go backwards.
(Image)
Everything.

If I recall, some people still use muskets for hunting. Not like the old Kentucky rifle or the Bess but a "modern" musket, scope and all.
Muzzleloading rifles, not muskets. Muskets are smoothbore. In some place it's pretty much required to hunt with them, unless you want to use a shotgun, or a bow

Also now I feel like I should make a 1px=1mm version of my bullpup bolt-actions
Last edited by Alimeria- on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steampunk Norsemen using bullpup rifles ftw

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 am

Which career progression for infantry soldier within light/mechanized role infantry squad in hypothetical alternative reality Immorean "professional force". :P

First team
Squad leader - (Staff Sergeant)
Designated marksman - (Lance Corporal)
RTO - (Private)

Second team
Team leader - (Sergeant)
Machine gunner - (Lance Corporal)
Demoman - (Private)

Third team
Squad 2ic - (Corporal)
Machine gunner - (Lance Corporal)
Combat life saver - (Private)

First team
Squad leader - (Staff Sergeant)
Designated marksman - (Private)
RTO - (Lance Corporal)

Second team
Team leader - (Sergeant)
Machine gunner - (Private)
Demoman - (Lance Corporal)

Third team
Squad 2ic - (Corporal)
Combat life saver - (Lance Corporal)

First team
Squad leader - (Sergeant)
Designated marksman - (Private)
RTO - (Privatel)

Second team
Team leader - (Corporal)
Demoman - (Private)

Third team
Squad 2ic - (Lance Corporal)
Combat life saver - (Private)

Other opinions
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information