NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread MkII*

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should begin the next thread?

San-Silvacian
9%
Purpelia
8%
Beno
11%
Puzikas
22%
Kouralia
5%
The Archangel Conglomerate:
9%
Immoren
4%
Premislyd
11%
Anemos Major
16%
The Akasha Colony
4%

Total votes : 91

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Maybe for Biopians...

Sorry 1207x55 is our SLMG

It's like a tree stump.

And my penis.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
Sorry 12.7x55 is our SLMG

fixed

Whoops XD

New Visegrad wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:1207x55

Dear god

Yes my child?

Ford we didnt say a needle
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Dat cua Tien
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dat cua Tien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Bezombia wrote:so was I

7.62X55L is a 7.62X55 case using a 7.62X25 Projectile
It has a reduced powder load obviously.

Then why bother?

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:
Black Hand wrote:7.62X55L is a 7.62X55 case using a 7.62X25 Projectile
It has a reduced powder load obviously.

Then why bother?

Its still a way higher powder load than 7.62x25
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Dat cua Tien wrote:
Then why bother?

Its still a way higher powder load than 7.62x25

But is it a higher powder load than 7.62x32mm Shipunov?
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:Its still a way higher powder load than 7.62x25

But is it a higher powder load than 7.62x32mm Shipunov?

Yes if I really wanted too I could just use the full load of powder
Last edited by Black Hand on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Dat cua Tien
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dat cua Tien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Any reason why I shouldn't go and replace x39 AKs with x51 ones, or at least a derived one? I think it'd only be a ~2.5kg difference with a 210-220 standard load, vs the stamped AK mags I'd be using during the time period. I could make that even less if I went from wood to composite furniture too. Obviously that makes the fabled 45 pound infantry load a bit out of reach, but I think the weight would better be found elsewhere and can be left in the transport. I mean, it'd be a bit more difficult of a decision if I was coming from 5.56 or 5.45, but since 7.62x39 is already halfway between 5.56 and x51 in weight, I almost feel like I should just take the plunge and go all in.

Oh yeah, in before more Rhodie FAL and shorts.
Last edited by Dat cua Tien on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:Any reason why I shouldn't go and replace x39 AKs with x51 ones, or at least a derived one? I think it'd only be a ~2.5kg difference with a 210-220 standard load, vs the stamped AK mags I'd be using during the time period. I could make that even less if I went from wood to composite furniture too. Obviously that makes the fabled 45 pound infantry load a bit more difficult, but I think the weight would better be found elsewhere and can be left in the transport. I mean, it'd be a bit more difficult of a decision if I was coming from 5.56 or 5.45, but since 7.62x39 is halfway between 5.56 and x51 in weight, I almost feel like I should just take the plunge and go all in.

I would stick with x39.

The extra power isn't worth the extra weight and bulk IMO. Your trops probably won't be shooting beyond 300 meters, and when they will the bullet will still hit quite hard at extended ranges, more so than the 5.56.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:Any reason why I shouldn't go and replace x39 AKs with x51 ones, or at least a derived one? I think it'd only be a ~2.5kg difference with a 210-220 standard load, vs the stamped AK mags I'd be using during the time period. I could make that even less if I went from wood to composite furniture too. Obviously that makes the fabled 45 pound infantry load a bit out of reach, but I think the weight would better be found elsewhere and can be left in the transport. I mean, it'd be a bit more difficult of a decision if I was coming from 5.56 or 5.45, but since 7.62x39 is already halfway between 5.56 and x51 in weight, I almost feel like I should just take the plunge and go all in.

Be better off using either the SVD or a purpose built 7.62 NATO platform, tbh.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:Any reason why I shouldn't go and replace x39 AKs with x51 ones, or at least a derived one? I think it'd only be a ~2.5kg difference with a 210-220 standard load, vs the stamped AK mags I'd be using during the time period. I could make that even less if I went from wood to composite furniture too. Obviously that makes the fabled 45 pound infantry load a bit out of reach, but I think the weight would better be found elsewhere and can be left in the transport. I mean, it'd be a bit more difficult of a decision if I was coming from 5.56 or 5.45, but since 7.62x39 is already halfway between 5.56 and x51 in weight, I almost feel like I should just take the plunge and go all in.

Replace with 6mm Unified ones.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 pm

The Vepr in 7.62 NATO weighs under 9lbs. unloaded.
Last edited by Spreewerke on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dat cua Tien
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dat cua Tien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 pm

@Tule
And the sad part? I know that too, but I still kind of am leaning towards this.

@Prem
I figured as much, which is why I added the or derived one part (purpose built)

@Nua
ewww

@Spree
Doesn't the Vepr also have an RPK receiver and a pretty thick barrel? The AK I'd be using at the time (similar to the original Type 56) is already darn close to 9 pounds.

How did 5.56 perform in thick jungle anyways? And how 5.45 would theoretically? Not terminally because I know that's fine, but with brush, logs, etc.
Last edited by Dat cua Tien on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 pm

What is the difference between Motorized and Mechanized infantry?
[IC]FT. My nation is a Federation of Species, eight to be exact, all bound by economic and military ideals, and also bound by similar fears. If you wish to contact the Torogian Collective, please speak to the High Council
[OOC]Just call me Torog, if you would.

"[01:29] * CommunistAndroids hands TC a nice steaming cup of Why God"

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm

The Torogian Collective wrote:What is the difference between Motorized and Mechanized infantry?

"Traditionally" motorized were typically given trucks/APCs whilst mechanized got IFVs.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:@Spree
Doesn't the Vepr also have an RPK receiver and a pretty thick barrel? The AK I'd be using at the time (similar to the original Type 56) is already darn close to 9 pounds.

How did 5.56 perform in thick jungle anyways? And how 5.45 would theoretically? Not terminally because I know that's fine, but with brush, logs, etc.

The Type-56 is heavily RPK-based, anyway. Rivet pattern and barrel thickness would be the similar if not the same as the RPK. Unless you're building off of a milled receiver, I really don't see how you could make a notVepr that's heavier than a Vepr.

In a jungle, you'd probably want 7.62x39mm or at least a solid-core 5.45x39mm load. The 7N6 is unstable enough that I feel like much brush would greatly deteriorate its accuracy due to deflection.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:59 pm

The Torogian Collective wrote:What is the difference between Motorized and Mechanized infantry?

Basic difference:
Motorized - uses trucks, HMMVs, MARPS and other light mobility vehicle
Mechanized - uses heavier IFVs or APCs for combat
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Dat cua Tien wrote:@Tule

(Image)

If you are going for a bush war theme I'd like to remind you that the SANDF uses an AK variant these days.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Tule wrote:
Dat cua Tien wrote:@Tule

(Image)

If you are going for a bush war theme I'd like to remind you that the SANDF uses an AK variant these days.

While you aren't wrong at all, I will point out that it is a clone of the Galil, primarily.

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Spreewerke wrote:

While you aren't wrong at all, I will point out that it is a clone of the Galil, primarily.

And the Galil is a clone of the Valmet... and the Valmet is a clone of the AKM.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:08 pm

I think what we can all take away from this is that the Finish are the king of everything.

And also, rum and coke best drink ever.
Last edited by Nua Corda on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Dat cua Tien
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dat cua Tien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm

alright thanks y'all, now I'll go back to being undecided :blush:

@Tule "monsoonal rainforest" themed, with the east west being "tropical wet and dry"
Last edited by Dat cua Tien on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I still can't into boolits.

I will assume it's swagtastic though.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Tule wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

And the Galil is a clone of the Valmet... and the Valmet is a clone of the AKM.

Sorta kinda. The first Valmets and the Galil (and the deal in your photo) all used milled receivers, so they were more based on the AK than on the AKM, at least as far as production itself goes. Internals are nearly identical, but the Valmet did introduce some interesting changes to the design, I will give it that. The magazine release being one of my favorite, if only for the fact it's a bit of a novelty. Only problem there is I can't remember if I was handling an Rk 62 clone or an M76 clone when I noticed it first. One of the owners of that gun store I worked for had one of basically every Valmet variant ever imported to the United States. Very cool collection.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Nua Corda wrote:Finish are the king of everything.

Ur havin urself a giggle then, m8?

I hate Finish tech :P
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information