NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultation Thread #5

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thread Author #6 Poll

Questers
34%
Gallia-/Kampala-
10%
Velkanika
7%
The Kievan People/Kyiv
24%
The Akasha Colony
4%
Spirit of Hope
3%
Lamoni
4%
Lyras
8%
Lubyak
4%

Total votes : 119

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Gallia- wrote:They're actually in competition with Smoke On The Water for longest II thread yet

LINK
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
Gallia- wrote:They're actually in competition with Smoke On The Water for longest II thread yet

LINK

Honestly I cba to dig through 5,000 pages of II to find the OOC thread.

I remember it being something absurd though, unless that was just views.

e: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17969

It's actually not that long, but 50 pages is a bit for an II thread.
Last edited by Gallia- on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:06 pm

*Has a bit of a nostalgia moment, since i'm in that thread, along with several other good players that haven't been on NS in a long time*
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Velkanika
Minister

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Gallia- wrote:They're actually in competition with Smoke On The Water for longest II thread yet, starting with the opening battle of the coming war. Expect battles with wind, snow, rain, and heat as mail couriers brave the elements to deliver letters of lost love and forsaken hopes to service family members around page 67. One particularly emotional moment will be when the commanding general of the Samozian Army receives a damning Dear John letter from his wife of 37 years.

I'm totally referencing this when Samoz and I eventually throw down.

And Samoz uses the -iy suffix, so Samozniy and/or Samozny are the proper spellings.
Last edited by Velkanika on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The necessity of a navy, in the restricted sense of the word, springs, therefore, from the existence of a peaceful shipping, and disappears with it, except in the case of a nation which has aggressive tendencies, and keeps up a navy merely as a branch of the military establishment. 1
1Alfred T. Mahan, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783, 12th ed. (Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1890), 26.

Please avoid conflating my in-character role playing with what I actually believe, as these are usually quite different things.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Dragomere wrote:How can I make these more realistic?

1930's Dragomerian Battleship
(Image)
With a maximum speed of 130 km/h, it has 14 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets and 6 Heavy Fire Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 30 crewmen.

1930's Dragomerian Aircraft Carrier
(Image)
With a maximum speed of 120 km/h, it has 12 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 40 crewmen. It can hold a maximum of 18 aircraft.

1950's Dragomerian Battleship
(Image)
With a maximum speed of 135 km/h, it has 24 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets and 7 Heavy Fire Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 35 crewmen.

1950's Dragomerian Aircraft Carrier
(Image)
With a maximum speed of 125 km/h, it has 12 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 50 crewmen. It can hold a maximum of 24 aircraft.

Restore the Crown

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 pm

(Image)
With a maximum speed of 130 km/h, it has 14 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets and 6 Heavy Fire Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 30 crewmen.

(Image)
With a maximum speed of 120 km/h, it has 12 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 40 crewmen. It can hold a maximum of 18 aircraft.

(Image)
With a maximum speed of 135 km/h, it has 24 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets and 7 Heavy Fire Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 35 crewmen.

(Image)
With a maximum speed of 125 km/h, it has 12 standard Anti-Aircraft Turrets. This aircraft has a standard crew of 50 crewmen. It can hold a maximum of 24 aircraft.

No, No no, Nononono,
NfuckingO
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Velkanika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

No, No no, Nononono,
NfuckingO

In other words, your idea has once again entirely missed the goalposts. You might want to go check out the Screw Realism guys, they'd love your concepts.
The necessity of a navy, in the restricted sense of the word, springs, therefore, from the existence of a peaceful shipping, and disappears with it, except in the case of a nation which has aggressive tendencies, and keeps up a navy merely as a branch of the military establishment. 1
1Alfred T. Mahan, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783, 12th ed. (Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1890), 26.

Please avoid conflating my in-character role playing with what I actually believe, as these are usually quite different things.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Dragomere wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I don't think those airships are remotely possible beyond the realm of science fiction. The weight of the weaponry and ammo and the whole plane-carrying capacity doesn't seem possible except on lolheug ships that are more of a target to kill than a regular carrier.

Actually, as long as the lift is greater than the weight, they will be fine.

Except that unless those guns are made of cardboard, the lifting strength of the gas will not be greater than the weight of all that equipment.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Velkanika wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
No, No no, Nononono,
NfuckingO

In other words, your idea has once again entirely missed the goalposts. You might want to go check out the Screw Realism guys, they'd love your concepts.

I've got a nations full of anthropomorfic animals and Exo armor. And Dragomere makes me look more real than the world it's self
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Velkanika wrote:

I've got a nations full of anthropomorfic animals and Exo armor. And Dragomere makes me look more real than the world it's self

I have anthropomorphic vehicles, nations, fucking feelings, etc.
I'm a member of screw realism, and I don't approve.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Dragomere
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:11 pm

You all apparently to not know its size.
Senator Draco Dragomere of the NSG Senate
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
The Great Dragomerian War
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Dat grammar tho.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Dragomere wrote:You all apparently to not know its size.

Still not possible.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:(Image)

Are you going to send me $1,000 now, as you broke copyright (I copyrighted and Trade Marked the name "Dragomere").
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Velkanika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 pm

That doesn't matter for this. The technology to actually make that kind of vehicle did not exist in the 50s and still doesn't right now in 2014. There is a reason why you don't see that kind of vehicle outside of 20s pulp fiction.

And post the Trade Mark documentation, it's public record if you paid the fee anyways.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office has no electronic records for the term 'Dragomere.' I just checked.
Last edited by Velkanika on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Dragomere wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:(Image)

Are you going to send me $1,000 now, as you broke copyright (I copyrighted and Trade Marked the name "Dragomere").

You really bothered to trademark the name "Dragomere"? :eyebrow:

FYI people make "Wal-Mart" and "Starbucks" memes all the time and get away with it...

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Velkanika wrote:

That doesn't matter for this. The technology to actually make that kind of vehicle did not exist in the 50s and still doesn't right now in 2014. There is a reason why you don't see that kind of vehicle outside of 20s pulp fiction.

And post the Trade Mark documentation, it's public record if you paid the fee anyways.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office has no electronic records for the term 'Dragomere.' I just checked.

Actually they had the capability to build it in the 1930's and definitely in the 1940's, but they decided to focus their work on developing more and newer planes than airships, as planes are faster and would be less of a target than a airship.
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013

Postby Gallia- » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Questers wrote:

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

A scathing rebuttal from Mat.

How will "Dragomere" respond to such biting remarks? o:

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Dragomere wrote:
Velkanika wrote:

Actually they had the capability to build it in the 1930's and definitely in the 1940's, but they decided to focus their work on developing more and newer planes than airships, as planes are faster and would be less of a target than a airship.

Highly doubt that still. Look at the cargo area of a blimp then get back to us.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Dragomere wrote:
Velkanika wrote:

1) Do you have a source?

2) If you just admitted why your idea would fail compared to planes, ASSUMING it was physically possible, why would you want it anyways?

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Dragomere wrote:Actually they had the capability to build it in the 1930's and definitely in the 1940's, but they decided to focus their work on developing more and newer planes than airships, as planes are faster and would be less of a target than a airship.

Highly doubt that still. Look at the cargo area of a blimp then get back to us.

it could fit my stuff in it reasonably. Also, I am not stupid, I would be using aluminum, not iron to build them.
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Velkanika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Dragomere wrote:Are you going to send me $1,000 now, as you broke copyright (I copyrighted and Trade Marked the name "Dragomere").

You really bothered to trademark the name "Dragomere"? :eyebrow:

FYI people make "Wal-Mart" and "Starbucks" memes all the time and get away with it...

Don't worry about it, even if he did waste his money on it we're covered under Fair Use.

Dragomere wrote:
Velkanika wrote:

Alright, you got any reference design documents for some kind of zeppelin or other airship even remotely capable of lifting that kind of weight at those speeds? Any preliminary design work even?

Mitheldalond
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Registug wrote:
Questers wrote:I think RPing a single engagement over a series of posts is the worst idea in RP history.

:c

Moar! Moar! That was awesome

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

Erase them from existence.

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Dragomere wrote:Actually, as long as the lift is greater than the weight, they will be fine.

Except that unless those guns are made of cardboard, the lifting strength of the gas will not be greater than the weight of all that equipment.

He has them suspended from mobile satellites. I thought that was obvious...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information