NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs) [Part 1]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Anastasia Romanova wrote:(Image)

We call her X-9.
ARMAMENTS:
TWO 105 Howitzer cannons(Bottom),
TWO 25mm Vulcan auto-cannons(Middle),
TWO 'Meteorshower' anti armor missile clusters(Top),
ONE MOAB guided cruise missile(Very Top, Rear)
DEFENSE:
Absolute Territory Field
We've only ever lost one, and it was captured. Fortunately we reclaimed it before the enemy could figure out the controls.

So I'm assuming it comes with a built in anti-gravity drive or a team of men on stilts holding it up?
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Anastasia Romanova wrote:
Licana wrote:Everything. Two heavy cannons are very, very bad (also, judging from the picture, no where near 105mm in diameter). Two gatling-type cannons are even worse (lol, wht r ammo conservatn?), no information on this "meteroshower" business, is it some type of submunition launcher? Oh, and the MOAB you refer to...yeah, that requires being dropped from a cargo aircraft to actually work, because it's really, really heavy.

It's a role playing game, to hell with ammo conservation, and as far as MOAB goes I meant Mother of All Bombs not Massive Ordinance Air Blast. The Meteor shower is a cluster bomb yes.

You're not going to have fun here, then. NS r srs bsnss.

Massive Ordinance Air Blast, colloquially known as the Mother of All Bombs. It still makes absolutely no sense...at all.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Anastasia Romanova wrote:(Image)

We call her X-9.
ARMAMENTS:
TWO 105 Howitzer cannons(Bottom),
TWO 25mm Vulcan auto-cannons(Middle),
TWO 'Meteorshower' anti armor missile clusters(Top),
ONE MOAB guided cruise missile(Very Top, Rear)
DEFENSE:
Absolute Territory Field
We've only ever lost one, and it was captured. Fortunately we reclaimed it before the enemy could figure out the controls.

Holy shit, what an insane tank!
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Helghast empire wrote:
Licana wrote:Why do you have two engines for something that's only six tonnes?

speed?

Really no point. I'm fairly sure that this kind of set up would do nothing but waste space while simultaneously providing no advantage over a single, larger displacement engine. (of course, engines aren't quite my thing, so I may be wrong on this)
Last edited by Licana on Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Moriskov
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

All you really have to do to it is fire a Sabot right in the cockpit and then BAM! Instant Cluster fuck......... that is if they aren't running around with shields in front of it.....
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.

True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Licana wrote:
It's a role playing game, to hell with ammo conservation, and as far as MOAB goes I meant Mother of All Bombs not Massive Ordinance Air Blast. The Meteor shower is a cluster bomb yes.

Massive Ordinance Air Blast, colloquially known as the Mother of All Bombs. It still makes absolutely no sense...at all.

Why not just spread all those guns on different variants of that chassis and have a larger more effective force for half the price.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!

Anastasia Romanova (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: May 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Licana wrote:

Bah, I'm used to working with narrow minded people. I live in the bible belt of the midwestern USA.
Сон с богом, маленькой Анастазией.
Name: Free Lands of Anastasia Romanova
Motto: “Ex vengeance adveho pacis”
Animal: Wyvern
Charter:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Moriskov wrote:All you really have to do to it is fire a Sabot right in the cockpit and then BAM! Instant Cluster fuck......... that is if they aren't running around with shields in front of it.....

Are you talking about the X-9 or the Radar Truck?
Charter:

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Licana wrote:
Helghast empire wrote:
speed?

Really no point. I'm fairly sure that this kind of set up would do nothing but waste space while simultaneously providing no advantage over a single, larger displacement engine. (of course, engines aren't quite my thing, so I may be wrong on this)

V8 doesn't take up too much space relative to speed increase, and I guess I didn't specify that an engine is connected to each set of treads.
Lenehen wrote:

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Moriskov wrote:All you really have to do to it is fire a Sabot right in the cockpit and then BAM! Instant Cluster fuck......... that is if they aren't running around with shields in front of it.....

I'm not quite sure why my radar truck would be any where near somebody with a sabot round equipped rifle. :eyebrow:
Lenehen wrote:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:20 pm

X-9 i belive... it's chromehounds, and i use to be a big time fan of it. Ahh, I remember wasting a guy with a sabot round..... he was pissed. :lol:
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.

True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Mon May 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Helghast empire wrote:
Galla- wrote:
The Russians tried using nuclear reactors in their tanks.

It didn't work out so well. Turns out gas turbines and diesels deliver more power than nukes at that level.

if you shot a nuclear reactor....explosion big?...guess so :l

DERP
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Galla- wrote:
Helghast empire wrote:
if you shot a nuclear reactor....explosion big?...guess so :l

DERP

No because it takes enriched uranium and a complex armed detonation system to actually explode.
Lenehen wrote:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Moriskov wrote:
Anastasia Romanova wrote:Are you talking about the X-9 or the Radar Truck?

X-9 i belive... it's chromehounds, and i use to be a big time fan of it. Ahh, I remember wasting a guy with a sabot round..... he was pissed. :lol:

Yep. Those sabot rounds would fu-- uh uh mess up a defender easily. They should be glad I didn't post a heavy gunner class. As for roleplaying purposes the AT Field would stop just about everything they could possibly throw at it.
Charter:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Moriskov wrote:X-9 i belive... it's chromehounds, and i use to be a big time fan of it. Ahh, I remember wasting a guy with a sabot round..... he was pissed. :lol:

Yep. Those sabot rounds would fu-- uh uh mess up a defender easily. They should be glad I didn't post a heavy gunner class. As for roleplaying purposes the AT Field would stop just about everything they could possibly throw at it.

I hated the guys who rolled with shielded fronts, and coverd their 'pits! Thats why i would counter with Willy Pete's and HE rounds.... always messed them up
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Moriskov wrote:
Anastasia Romanova wrote:Yep. Those sabot rounds would fu-- uh uh mess up a defender easily. They should be glad I didn't post a heavy gunner class. As for roleplaying purposes the AT Field would stop just about everything they could possibly throw at it.

I hated the guys who rolled with shielded fronts, and coverd their 'pits! Thats why i would counter with Willy Pete's and HE rounds.... always messed them up

I once slaughtered a guy who went in with only a pile driver spike and the HOUND covered in shields. He sent me a message with a long string of profanities afterwards. :rofl:
Charter:

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Mon May 09, 2011 5:42 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:
Galla- wrote:

DERP

No because it takes enriched uranium and a complex armed detonation system to actually explode.

>implying i was agreeing with him
Last edited by Galla- on Mon May 09, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey guys your kinda derailing this thread with the talk of chromehounds. Anyways any suggestions on the Concat?
Lenehen wrote:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Moriskov wrote:I hated the guys who rolled with shielded fronts, and coverd their 'pits! Thats why i would counter with Willy Pete's and HE rounds.... always messed them up

I once slaughtered a guy who went in with only a pile driver spike and the HOUND covered in shields. He sent me a message with a long string of profanities afterwards. :rofl:

Ever heard of the ninja class? Ah, those where so much fun to pick off...... 8)
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:50 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:Hey guys your kinda derailing this thread with the talk of chromehounds. Anyways any suggestions on the Concat?

Woops my bad....... Anyway i need the description again
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:51 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:DM-40 Concat Radar truck
Crew: 1 driver, 2 radar technicians, 1 gunner
Length: 30 feet
height: 15 feet
Armor: 1.8 cm composite armor
Armament: 1 50. caliber machine-gun
Propulsion: 2 V8 diesel engines
Weight: 6 tones
Range: 200 miles
Lenehen wrote:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:51 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:Hey guys your kinda derailing this thread with the talk of chromehounds. Anyways any suggestions on the Concat?

Yes and I apologize for the digression. I would use reactive armor and give it a little more defensive capability. What is that MG on the back?
Last edited by Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) on Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charter:

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Yes and I apologize for the digression.

No need to dwell
Lenehen wrote:

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

(Repost)
Mk.45 Dragon Hover-tank
Manufacturer: Dah'ool Armaments
Cost: $ 150,000,000 NBSD
Weight: 55.5 tons
Crew: 2 (Driver-Gunner & Commander,rest is automated)
Armour: Titanium-tungsten armor with active protection system and laser CWIS
Armament: 135mm rail gun,and a 15mm Gauss machine gun and sockets for extra weapons
Ammunition:3 round Auto-loaded revolver magazines (16 APFSDS-T magazines, 12 HEAT-T magazines,5 canister shells and 5 Nuclear-tipped shell magazines)
Suspension: Type-120 hover pads (4 on each side)
Range: 1500 km
Max Speed: 80kph
Last edited by Bajireyn on Mon May 09, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Right behind you...: UDL

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:DM-40 Concat Radar truck
Crew: 1 driver, 2 radar technicians, 1 gunner
Length: 30 feet
height: 15 feet
Armor: 1.8 cm composite armor
Armament: 1 50. caliber machine-gun
Propulsion: 2 V8 diesel engines
Weight: 6 tones
Range: 200 miles

I'm guessing that top armor isn't that thick? If so, then a well placed Howitzer round or anti-tank gun might ruin it's day. Other than that it's pretty good.
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information