NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Absurrania wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Crapton of art dump:

Anyway, back to the question I asked last time.Would a modernized Krag-Jorgensen rifle be a good military sniper rifle?

A) I have no idea what the answer is to that question.
B) Love that new thread feeling.
C) What did you use for your first few drawings?

Funnily, those are roughly ordered in reverse chronological order. Roughly.

I use GIMP for all of my work. That last one was done in PMG almost a year ago, in a collaboration effort between myself and Corda. But mostly myself.

Last edited by Bezombia on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:Should military ranks be tagged to Civil Service ranks?

If you want to show Civil Service and Military rank equivalents, say a General being on the same Level as a Senior Civil Servant, this chart might give you a few ideas. I used this as a base plate for my own comparisons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_Ranks

I was thinking, perhaps the Field Marshal can be tagged to an Under-secretary in the Civil Service, and the General beneath him, to the Assistant-secretary.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Coltarin wrote:(Image)
(Image)

The writing makes me think of Command & Conquer (Tiberian Dawn). Ah, memories.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Rich and Corporations wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:New thread?

What's an acceptable weightload for soldiers?

about 25% to 33% of their weight
but realistically you'll be burdening them with 75% of their own weight
Ea90 wrote:first reply woot

how spammy

should my squads/fireteams fit in vehicles, or should they only partially fit in vehicles?

Those are good questions but overall this is a bad approach. Ironically I do this myself, and I'm sure a lot of us do too.

When you're figuring out squads a better approach would be to ask the following questions:

1) Is it supposed to be offensive, defensive or general purpose? If I'm not mistaken defensive squads (and units in general) are typically larger than offense-oriented ones. For general purpose you'd want something in between.

2) What do you need it to do? What will it be doing most of the time? Who and what will it be fighting most of the time?

3) How mobile do you want/need the dismounts to be? Issuing lighter weapons (for example a LMG instead of a GPMG, or a smaller caliber rocket launcher) would trade off some firepower for increased mobility, allowing for more or less decreased dependence on the squad vehicle. It really depends on what you want/need your squad to do.

4) Will the dismounts fight "organically" with the vehicle or would it function as a "battle taxi" ?

5) Does the vehicle crew dismount? Does the squad vehicle have any weapons of its' own? As in, are they to be operated by the dismounts or by one or more dedicated gunner(s) which are part of the vehicle crew?

6) What amount of logistical support will be available to the squad? For less logistically intensive squads, you might want to make them somewhat more independent allround in case they don't manage to rearm, refuel, or whatever for extended periods of time.

7) What amount of fire support will be available to the squad? With good higher level support, or for example a potent gun on the squad vehicle, some of the firepower can be "outsourced" away from the dismounts without making them "anemic". With little support, you might want to incorporate something such as a well-manned GPMG (that is, one that is served by at least a gunner and his assistant) to give sufficient firepower to the squad.

etcetcetc
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Themiclesia wrote:
Celritannia wrote:If you want to show Civil Service and Military rank equivalents, say a General being on the same Level as a Senior Civil Servant, this chart might give you a few ideas. I used this as a base plate for my own comparisons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_Ranks

I was thinking, perhaps the Field Marshal can be tagged to an Under-secretary in the Civil Service, and the General beneath him, to the Assistant-secretary.

Depends how your government system works.
However, I remember reading this article, if you scroll down to 'Structure' it shows different levels of Her Majesty's Civil Service equivalent to the British Armed Forces ranks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majest ... il_Service
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Complaints? Complements? Y/N?

Too many questions?
Last edited by Graditora on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

3 State Alliance
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 3 State Alliance » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Tagged for later postings
"Lets introduce these savages to the 20th century! All ranks, fire at will."
Commissar Maria Smith, The Siege of High Reach

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 pm

3 State Alliance wrote:Tagged for later postings

Tag posts are spam.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Graditora wrote:(Image)

Too many questions?

Why a machete? Why not a combat hatchet?
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 pm

The OP has been implemented

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Graditora wrote:(Image)

Too many questions?

Why a machete? Why not a combat hatchet?

Cut through thick soft brush.
A hatchet would be a great tool but the bayonet in conjunction with the machetes dull side should be enough for a splitting tool.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Graditora wrote:
Blackledge wrote:Why a machete? Why not a combat hatchet?

Cut through thick soft brush.
A hatchet would be a great tool but the bayonet in conjunction with the machetes dull side should be enough for a splitting tool.

Hence bayonet.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:I was thinking, perhaps the Field Marshal can be tagged to an Under-secretary in the Civil Service, and the General beneath him, to the Assistant-secretary.

Depends how your government system works.
However, I remember reading this article, if you scroll down to 'Structure' it shows different levels of Her Majesty's Civil Service equivalent to the British Armed Forces ranks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majest ... il_Service

I've consulted that. I'm working on a plan right now, with Civil Service ranks being applied to stratify the Colonial Service, Regular Military, and Militia.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Graditora wrote:Cut through thick soft brush.

Hence bayonet.

lol Nua Corda. Funny guy. I miss him and his posts.
The Shadow of F7

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
They are the best kind of handles.

Colouring shall commence once Spree confirms that it looks perfectly like a NotRPK.

What are you changing from the normal RPK? Other than caliber, of course.

Seeing as though it's a NotRPK, not much. Barrel length, muzzle brake, slightly modified stock.

Being honest, I don't even know the AK's place in the universe.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:49 pm

(Click for larger image)

Name: Ag m/34 (Automatiskegevær Model 1934; "Automatic rifle, model of the year 1934)
Origin: High Kingdom of Estovnia
Designer: Ragnar Thoriksen
Manufacturer: Skrattafell Arms Forge
Produced: 1933-Present
In service: 1934-Present
Cost: $425
Weight: 4.48 kg; 4.11 kg (Ag m/66C)
Length: 1057 mm (Ag m/34; Ag m/66); 964 mm (Ag m/66C stock extended), 636 mm (Ag m/66C)
Barrel length: 508 mm
Cartridge: 8.72x66mm Jegermanjensen
Action: Direct impingment
Rate of fire: Semi-automatic (Ag m/34); 480 rpm (Ag m/66)
Effective range: 1000+ m with optics
Feed system: 15, 20 round detachable box magazine
Sights: Rear sliding tangent, front post

Added a bipod and tweaked some stats
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Graditora wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
Hence bayonet.

lol Nua Corda. Funny guy. I miss him and his posts.

We...had our fair share of falling outs. To put it lightly.

Lysandran Dynasty
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lysandran Dynasty » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:15 pm

A Bladeswoman of the Lysandran Empire requires many things; an arming coat, fine red breeches, boots of steel and dyed leather, and strong plate armor. She requires a long-pattern Devika rifle, a long, curving broadswoard with grip suitable for one or two handed use, a sword bayonet also suitable for use as a parrying dagger, and a sidearm of revolving or self-loading action. She requires a porter to carry those accoutrements not useful in battle, and a servant to maintain her belongs and see to her needs. And of course she also needs a substantial amount of money, to commission her gear and pay her retainers.

- Analise, Maiden of Fire and Blade

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Lysandran Dynasty wrote:(Image)

A Bladeswoman of the Lysandran Empire requires many things; an arming coat, fine red breeches, boots of steel and dyed leather, and strong plate armor. She requires a long-pattern Devika rifle, a long, curving broadswoard with grip suitable for one or two handed use, a sword bayonet also suitable for use as a parrying dagger, and a sidearm of revolving or self-loading action. She requires a porter to carry those accoutrements not useful in battle, and a servant to maintain her belongs and see to her needs. And of course she also needs a substantial amount of money, to commission her gear and pay her retainers.

Some sort of fancy warrior class consisting of women?

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Peoples Republic of Cesarland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Republic of Cesarland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Lysandran Dynasty wrote:

Nice, but the bayonet isn't long enough IMHO.
I Support Palestine
Visit my Factbook if you want

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Some sort of fancy warrior class consisting of women?

Probably Sen's puppet with Amazonian warriors.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Peoples Republic of Cesarland wrote:
Lysandran Dynasty wrote:

Nice, but the bayonet isn't long enough IMHO.

Any longer and they won't need the sword.

The Republic of Lanos wrote:

If they're Futurama-esque, I demand and fight between an Ulfran and an Amazoness.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Just mount the sword on the rifle.

3 State Alliance
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 3 State Alliance » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Lysandran Dynasty wrote:(Image)

I'm going to assume that this would be for late 1800s, in a matriarchal feudal society that uses mercenary work like the Scots did (at one point in history 25% of all Scottish males had worked as mercenaries.)
"Lets introduce these savages to the 20th century! All ranks, fire at will."
Commissar Maria Smith, The Siege of High Reach

Ea90
Senator

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ea90 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:

It is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information