NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Tyranniod overlords wrote:(Image)

basic armor of our standing army troops. It is next generation tech style armor. light weight relatively, and great protection. It can be solar powered, static electricity-powered, and can be powered by water (like hydrogen cells), as well as basic gasoline.

http://www.space.com/3311-super-soldiers-tomorrow-army-technology.html

http://rob-cavanna.deviantart.com/art/S ... -175895957

soldier in "Dragon-Slayer" armor with his equipment (i would have posted the above image, but apparently it is too large. please look at it to understand what the below comment refers too)

the melee weapons shown are used in case of the undead that sometimes appear now and then, when soldiers run out of ammunition.

*raises eyeridges* Dragonslayer hm?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:

basic armor of our standing army troops. It is next generation tech style armor. light weight relatively, and great protection. It can be solar powered, static electricity-powered, and can be powered by water (like hydrogen cells), as well as basic gasoline.

soldier in "Dragon-Slayer" armor with his equipment (i would have posted the above image, but apparently it is too large. please look at it to understand what the below comment refers too)

the melee weapons shown are used in case of the undead that sometimes appear now and then, when soldiers run out of ammunition.

I'm tempted to consider making alternative cooking manuals for my troops that include biopians as entree's
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Arkandros
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm

The design of the armor itself is rather interesting, but the powerplant would be a major problem (at least with today's tech). I'm not sure how small you could get an engine before you start running into problems of insufficient power, but you probably hit that point well above the recommended carryweight for a soldier.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

I'm tempted to consider making alternative cooking manuals for my troops that include biopians as entree's

Don't make me employ catalyst weaponary on you
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:37 pm

WIP of a Volkspistol-style stamped steel handgun I came up with.

It's made primarily of stamped parts, using an off-the-shelf extruded metal pipe for the slide. In terms of mechanism, it's a single-action, striker-fired gas retarded blowback. The safety is basically a K31 safety. You pull back the striker, twist it 90 degrees and lower it. This decocks the weapon and locks the slide. As one can imagine, most soldiers don't bother with it. It's designed first and formost to be cheap, simple and quick to manufacture, with limited tools. I'm aware that it doesn't have sights or a mag release yet. Sights will either be tunnel style, or simple notch and post, while the mag release will be a european-style heel release.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Tyranniod overlords
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyranniod overlords » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Coltarin wrote:

It's a pleasure to meet you.

it is a pleasure to meet you too. :lol:

i would say that muslim terrorists with rpgs can take out tanks, which are massively more expensive than the one terrorist and his rpg, but tanks are still used for very good reasons.

there are sensors in the helmets, meaning, combined with other things, you man might git killed off before he shoots. also, my guy has more protection, and depends less on his muscles, so can keep fighting for longer. Though one can always point out the above example of terrorist and his rpg.

in the end, tactics and strategy matters most. 8)

Did you look at the image in the link perchance?

Yes Im Biop wrote:

our national animals are dragons, and we have some in our government.

the name comes from the fact we think it sounds awesome. We do not mean to offend. :unsure:

Arkandros wrote:

The design of the armor itself is rather interesting, but the powerplant would be a major problem (at least with today's tech). I'm not sure how small you could get an engine before you start running into problems of insufficient power, but you probably hit that point well above the recommended carryweight for a soldier.

post-modern tech engine would be the solution. this thread allows post-modern tech, so i should be fine in that regard.
Last edited by Tyranniod overlords on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Black Hand wrote:I'm tempted to consider making alternative cooking manuals for my troops that include biopians as entree's

There is only one way to solve this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms
Pick your weapon, take twenty paces, and turn on the count of three.
Twenty on black hand.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Black Hand wrote:I'm tempted to consider making alternative cooking manuals for my troops that include biopians as entree's

I just was seeking the amusement. I'm going to work out full rations as well.
Nua Corda wrote:(Image)

WIP of a Volkspistol-style stamped steel handgun I came up with.

It's made primarily of stamped parts, using an off-the-shelf extruded metal pipe for the slide. In terms of mechanism, it's a single-action, striker-fired gas retarded blowback. The safety is basically a K31 safety. You pull back the striker, twist it 90 degrees and lower it. This decocks the weapon and locks the slide. As one can imagine, most soldiers don't bother with it. It's designed first and formost to be cheap, simple and quick to manufacture, with limited tools. I'm aware that it doesn't have sights or a mag release yet. Sights will either be tunnel style, or simple notch and post, while the mag release will be a european-style heel release.

remove the wooden grip use the raw metal, it looks too.... nice
Arkandros wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:Don't make me employ catalyst weaponary on you

Twenty on black hand.

Easy, mosin nagant m91/30 Ishvesk 1942 manufacture.
also I'd put my money on biop if I was you. Knives I'm more comfortable with but shooting he's probably got me.
Last edited by Black Hand on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:Don't make me employ catalyst weaponary on you

Twenty on black hand.

...Is that every gun? *bookmarks*

I'll use my MK3 Battle Rifle. Though to keep it fair I'll use my Blackhawk .357

No worries AK it's a runnig joke of this thread.
Last edited by Yes Im Biop on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Arkandros wrote:There is only one way to solve this...
Twenty on black hand.

Not every gun ever made, but all the ones on Wikipedia. Also, I'm aware of the running joke. I'm not that green.
How about a melee fight though? (I'm sure you'd beat me in a firefight. I haven't gone out shooting in forever.) Heck, Black Hand can join too.
John F. Kennedy

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Not every gun ever made, but all the ones on Wikipedia. Also, I'm aware of the running joke. I'm not that green.
How about a melee fight though? (I'm sure you'd beat me in a firefight. I haven't gone out shooting in forever.) Heck, Black Hand can join too.

I'm bigish and have an amazingly high pain tolerance. But fairly slow...Not slow Clumsy. Hive me an 8 inch blade and I can do damage though
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Icatus
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Icatus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm not sure how to measure pain tolerance. I'd say I'm probably average.
Population: 217 Million
Military: 684,315
Tech: Modern

Factbook, lists most military and other fairly-important information.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Icatus wrote:I'm not sure how to measure pain tolerance. I'd say I'm probably average.

I had a paring knife buried in my wrist and the doused it in rubbing alcohol without batting an eye Does that count?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 pm

WEhats better for AMR use?

12.7x99, 100, 102, or 107?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 pm

I just get all potted up on weed and get behind the wheel. None can defeat me.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Connahkstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Connahkstan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Silly question, I'm sure. Can anybody suggest to me an infantry rifle (battle rifle or assault rifle) that is accurate and reliable?

Stopping power and cost don't matter a whole lot to me.
Apud Connahkstan, paucis exceptis, omnes curae amari.

Icatus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Icatus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Icatus wrote:I'm not sure how to measure pain tolerance. I'd say I'm probably average.

I had a paring knife buried in my wrist and the doused it in rubbing alcohol without batting an eye Does that count?

Mother of god.

Yes, I do believe it counts.
Population: 217 Million
Military: 684,315
Tech: Modern

Factbook, lists most military and other fairly-important information.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Connahkstan wrote:Silly question, I'm sure. Can anybody suggest to me an infantry rifle (battle rifle or assault rifle) that is accurate and reliable?

Assault rifle best rifle.

Tavor-21, AR-18, Desert Tech MDR (M/LE version), L85A2
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Connahkstan wrote:Silly question, I'm sure. Can anybody suggest to me an infantry rifle (battle rifle or assault rifle) that is accurate and reliable?

Biopian MK3 10x90mm rifle.

Or the AR-10
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Icatus wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Mother of god.

I split the side of my head open and drove myself to the hospital. Then I got 44 stitches. The week after that was the best of my life. Painkillers great. :D
John F. Kennedy

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Icatus wrote:
Mother of god.

I split the side of my head open and drove myself to the hospital. Then I got 44 stitches. The week after that was the best of my life. Painkillers great. :D

They are amazing. When I snapped my arm The biggest question wasnt why pain but. Why is my arm bent like than?

And then. Colors. SO colors XD
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Painkillers are for sissies. Nut up and do some real drugs.

Sherms, fuck yeah.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Tyranniod overlords
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyranniod overlords » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:19 pm

composite armor, fully amphibious, armored personal carrier. They are also known as "The Dragonets."
Last edited by Tyranniod overlords on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 pm

Watch this: I can get everyone upset.
*Ahem* the Breda 30.
Unhappy yet? No? How about the French Chauchat MG?
Still no? FINE. M28 Atomic Delivery System, AKA "Davy Crockett". I hope you're proud of what I had to stoop to.
John F. Kennedy

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Time for the VYG 0.001-20-100 thermonuclear hand grenade, methinks.

The SIG SG 550 has, so far as I'm aware, no equal in terms of reliability and accuracy amongst general issue service rifles.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information