NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:(Image)

COMRADE, I OF INTRODUCE YOU TO ESTOVAKIAN RIFLE OF ASSAULTING. IS CHAMBERED IN 5.45X39MM, BUT CHAMBERINGS IN 7.62X39MM IS ALSO AVAILABLE IF WISH FOR MORE KILLING THAN PENETRATIONING IS OF REASONABLE, I UNDERSTAND.

IS TO BE DROPPED BY IL-76 IN MILLIONS TO AFRICAN NATIONS FOR ATTACKING OF ANTO PUSSIES IN SUPPORT OF GLORIOUS KC CAUSE.

ANTO TO CONDEM ESTOVAKIA FOR PROVIDING WEAPONS TO THIRD WORLD DICTATORSHIPS? ESTOVAKIA LAUGHS IN FACE OF ANTO AND SAYS TO COME AT GLORIOUS ESTOVAKIA.

Black Hand wrote:We already knew it was better.
Is there any sensible reason to make it so that your MG can take the magazines of your service rifle?

Well the PKM is a general purpose machine gun, used at the platoon or company level instead of the squad. While the M249 is issued 2 per squad into the US Army since its a light machine gun.

You can compare the two, being high capacity, belt-fed machine guns, but thats like comparing an M16 to an M82 in the fact they use magazines and are rifles.

Also the magazines are for in a SHTF situation, you need to have everyone firing but either your out of belts or it'd take to much time to load a belt, you can call for a magazine or get one off a fallen comrade and use it. User warning though, you'll ruin the magazine because the bolt carrier group fucks up the feeding lips.

Fordorsia wrote:
It would be so you can have it loaded when on the move without having to have a belt hanging from it for the whole time you're walking, or when you run out of belts you can still use your friend's magazines.

You will always have a belt loaded when moving around. You'll have a starter belt of 100 rounds or so with M249s and 50 rounds with the M240B so while you lay down some quick fire you're crew or buddies will be breaking out the 200 rounds for the M249 or the 100 rounds for the M240B to load in so by the time the last rounds from your belt are fired off, you have a fresh belt for you.

I am the leader of the KC and I not only support this idea, I demand it happens.

Also the PKM is said to be issued at the level of platoon or company. In practice you might see them two per platoon, three per platoon, or in some instances in every squad and then one extra.

It all depends on how few fucks are given.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Black Hand wrote:so given the response the better question would be is it worth it to design something completely new compared to just doing a straight rip of the MG3/MG42 in 7.62X55

If your round is a x55 I would suggest going with the MG51. It's kind of like MG42 and MG3 but designed by pros for 7.5x55 Swiss which I assume your round is related to.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:so given the response the better question would be is it worth it to design something completely new compared to just doing a straight rip of the MG3/MG42 in 7.62X55

Just use the PKP chambered in whatever you want. Gotta git' dat force air cooling swag.

That will come later with the Ironman backpack feed bullpup forced air cooling GPMG

Purpelia wrote:

If your round is a x55 I would suggest going with the MG51. It's kind of like MG42 and MG3 but designed by pros for 7.5x55 Swiss which I assume your round is related to.
Not at all related. it's actually a modified 7.62X54R
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:55 pm

There's nothing different between the MG42 and MG51 anyways besides the round it's chambered in.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Premislyd wrote:There's nothing different between the MG42 and MG51 anyways besides the round it's chambered in.

Presumably though if his round was based off the 7.5x55 which it isn't (making the point pointless) he would have to change less things for it to fit.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Proof that training>equipment

Kind of NSFW if you don't like seeing people get shot.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:14 pm

That man deserves an award.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Romic wrote:That man deserves an award.

The Darwin award.

High fives all round. I am Ford. I am glory.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

The Darwin award.

Doesn't quite reach that level.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
The Darwin award.

Doesn't quite reach that level.

We must reverse engineer this technology and use it in war.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Gallia- wrote:

A dishonorable discharge would be enough.

If he survived. Then again, being killed in combat kind of is a dishonorable discharge.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:37 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Gallia- wrote:
A dishonorable discharge would be enough.

If he survived. Then again, being killed in combat kind of is a dishonorable discharge.

*insert comment about "glorious discharge" here*
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Worst part is he probably got a Purple Heart and a pat on the back.
Unreachable.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Fuk yeh

really early version, getting the big shit down.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Proof that training>equipment

So, this fellow decides it's a good idea to stand up in the open solo-firing a GPMG, while being shot at. Shit goes expectedly awry, and in the process of getting shot, he drops his weapon and dives into the Humvee. And we care for some reason?
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Fuk yeh

Why would you use two different materials for the furniture?

Nua Corda wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:Proof that training>equipment

So, this fellow decides it's a good idea to stand up in the open solo-firing a GPMG, while being shot at. Shit goes expectedly awry, and in the process of getting shot, he drops his weapon and dives into the Humvee. And we care for some reason?

What, like, "we" as in the thread and me posting it here or what?
Last edited by Fordorsia on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Why would you use two different materials for the furniture?

Design by committee.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Looks like it didn't go through all the way. Should of survived. Also it hasent been posted in a while. And corda hasn't had an Anuerism in a while

MK3 with cased ammo. Not the hoped (And thanks to arch) Cased telescopic ammo and loaded and unloaded 10 gague metal storm shotgun
Last edited by Yes Im Biop on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Fuk yeh

Nua Corda wrote:

The MMW Hivemind. It seems like people care about this for some reason. It just looks like another stupid person doing something stupid, on a stupid day in stupid Afghanistan to me. Which doesn't seem all that remarkable given the level of stupid involved in that war on a regular basis.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

The MMW Hivemind. It seems like people care about this for some reason. It just looks like another stupid person doing something stupid, on a stupid day in stupid Afghanistan to me. Which doesn't seem all that remarkable given the level of stupid involved in that war on a regular basis.

It just seems like a valid thing to point out to anyone who may be new to the thread or whatever. You can be given good equipment, like that guy has, but still have shit training that gets you killed.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

It just seems like a valid thing to point out to anyone who may be new to the thread or whatever. You can be given good equipment, like that guy has, but still have shit training that gets you killed.

His equipment looked like a hodgepodge, and the typical loadout of a US-backed Stan, but point taken.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

WIP of a Volkspistol-style stamped steel handgun I came up with.

It's made primarily of stamped parts, using an off-the-shelf extruded metal pipe for the slide. In terms of mechanism, it's a single-action, striker-fired gas retarded blowback. The safety is basically a K31 safety. You pull back the striker, twist it 90 degrees and lower it. This decocks the weapon and locks the slide. As one can imagine, most soldiers don't bother with it. It's designed first and formost to be cheap, simple and quick to manufacture, with limited tools. I'm aware that it doesn't have sights or a mag release yet. Sights will either be tunnel style, or simple notch and post, while the mag release will be a european-style heel release.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Tyranniod overlords
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyranniod overlords » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:32 pm

basic armor of our standing army troops. It is next generation tech style armor. light weight relatively, and great protection. It can be solar powered, static electricity-powered, and can be powered by water (like hydrogen cells), as well as basic gasoline.

http://www.space.com/3311-super-soldiers-tomorrow-army-technology.html

http://rob-cavanna.deviantart.com/art/S ... -175895957

soldier in "Dragon-Slayer" armor with his equipment (i would have posted the above image, but apparently it is too large. please look at it to understand what the below comment refers too)

the melee weapons shown are used in case of the undead that sometimes appear now and then, when soldiers run out of ammunition.
Last edited by Tyranniod overlords on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Coltarin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Tyranniod overlords wrote:(Image)

basic armor of our standing army troops. It is next generation tech style armor. light weight relatively, and great protection. It can be solar powered, static electricity-powered, and can be powered by water (like hydrogen cells), as well as basic gasoline.

http://www.space.com/3311-super-soldiers-tomorrow-army-technology.html

http://rob-cavanna.deviantart.com/art/S ... -175895957

soldier in "Dragon-Slayer" armor with his equipment (i would have posted the above image, but apparently it is too large. please look at it to understand what the below comment refers too)

the melee weapons shown are used in case of the undead that sometimes appear now and then, when soldiers run out of ammunition.

It's a pleasure to meet you.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information