NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
36
27%
Benomia
34
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
6
4%
Kyrusia
3
2%
Purpelia
11
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
8
6%
Spreewerke
14
10%
Transnapastain
9
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
3
2%
United states of brazilian nations
10
7%
 
Total votes : 134

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31658
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I have newer heard of the 303 before. Now that I've looked up I see why. That thing is... a gun meant not to kill... That's like... It does not even have a bayonet lug for crying out loud.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees, it will remain forever stupid in your eyes.

You would be surprised. Fish actually score quite well in that regard. It's the birds I have problems with. The dam things just won't climb. Even after I sever their wings.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20418
Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
What is so reputable about the FN 303? Nothing of interest IMHO.. It's not very good at that "less-lethal" bit, search for yourself. In AmeriKKKa a woman (google says Victoria Snelgrove) got shot in the eye and died as a consequence, and according to Wikipedia's undoubtedly accurate and trusted *sigh* sources, in Luxembourg an RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.

Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


I doubt it. I haven't seen him here for a while.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9300
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:59 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:FN P90
FN MAG
FN Minimi
FN 303
FN SCAR
I'm sure there are others but that is kinda the highlight.


What is so reputable about the FN 303? Nothing of interest IMHO.. It's not very good at that "less-lethal" bit, search for yourself. In AmeriKKKa a woman (google says Victoria Snelgrove) got shot in the eye and died as a consequence, and according to Wikipedia's undoubtedly accurate and trusted *sigh* sources, in Luxembourg an RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.

If you shot anyone in the eye with just about anything, there is a good chance they will die. There is no such thing as a perfect less lethal weapon. Rubber bullets can rupture organs and cause concussions, tasters can stop hearts, gas can choke, water cannons can also cause concussions, etc. The point is that it isn't as lethal as being shot by a gun, which is the main important bit.

Now, we can assume all cops in the world are stupid idiots who have no idea what they're doing (which is a viable assumption really) OR the thing has shit accuracy. Training (if not, at least common sense) should tell you NOT to hit someone in the eye, or anywhere in the head region for that matter, regardless of the size of the "LESS LETHAL" sticker and NOT to hit someone in the hand (darned RTL cameramen! it surely must have been a prop camera actually containing a flamethrower or RPG!) , especially not in the back of the hand (which is probably what happened unless, even worse, the policeman hit a cameraman who wasn't even facing him, or was putting his hands up or protecting himself with them), because obviously there's very little fat or muscle there, only relatively fragile bone.


Now thank you for insulting one of the moderators, Trans. Now cops are trained to not aim for the head with less lethal weapons, but that does't mean that they are always going to hit there. After all in most cases when your using one of these the situation might just be a little tense, which tends to reduce accuracy. Also from the looks of it the officers in both incidents were aiming at large crowds, which means that it is a little harder to aim well.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


I doubt it. I haven't seen him here for a while.


He posted here four days ago.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Transnapastain
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 12241
Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
What is so reputable about the FN 303? Nothing of interest IMHO.. It's not very good at that "less-lethal" bit, search for yourself. In AmeriKKKa a woman (google says Victoria Snelgrove) got shot in the eye and died as a consequence, and according to Wikipedia's undoubtedly accurate and trusted *sigh* sources, in Luxembourg an RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.

Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


Really not worth my time, I mean, I'm fair to busy eating doughnuts and hitting people in the eyes with my Taser.

Whoops.

Seriously though. Shit happens. All the training in the world can not stop it from happening. An officer may attempt to use his baton to subdue a subject, he may execute a proper strike, intended to strike the subject in the forearm or thigh, as per his training, that subject may move, and the officer may accidentally strike his head, injuring him. I personally know of a case where that exact thing happen and the subject lost an eye. That is regrettable, and compensation was made as well it can be, since we obviously can't give him his eye back. It was also unavoidable outside of A) the officer letting the subject continue to fight him, possibly being injured himself in the process or B) the subject not being a twat and fighting police.

That doesn't make "less lethal" devices useless. In the example above, at now time did the department OR the subjects family call for the removal of Asp batons from officers scabbards after the fact. Why, because that's just fucking dumb. The FN 303 doesn't really seem to be any different in use than XREP Taser rounds, or bean bag shotgun rounds. Both of those have caused regrettable accidents too...both of them are still utilized. Why? Because their utility far outweighs the danger they pose, and the option to probably not hurt someone as opposed to certainly hurting someone is a good one.

I'd be interested to see the number of successful uses of the FN 303 (surely greater than 2) vs the claim of it being "bad at its job" with two incidents over....10 years.

Yup, thats statistically significant.

Are there possibly, even probably, more? Sure. Does the bad outweigh the good? No, I don't think so. But what do I know, I'm obviously incompetent by default because I wear a badge.

Fordorsia wrote:I doubt it. I haven't seen him here for a while.


Doesn't mean I'm not here. :P
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20418
Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Motherfuckers here be like water on tap.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Transnapastain wrote:Doesn't mean I'm not here. :P


Behind my veil, unseen yet present, I was the force that moved that mighty body. Something something something Racine something.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7409
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


Really not worth my time, I mean, I'm fair to busy eating doughnuts and hitting people in the eyes with my Taser.

Whoops.

Seriously though. Shit happens. All the training in the world can not stop it from happening. An officer may attempt to use his baton to subdue a subject, he may execute a proper strike, intended to strike the subject in the forearm or thigh, as per his training, that subject may move, and the officer may accidentally strike his head, injuring him. I personally know of a case where that exact thing happen and the subject lost an eye. That is regrettable, and compensation was made as well it can be, since we obviously can't give him his eye back. It was also unavoidable outside of A) the officer letting the subject continue to fight him, possibly being injured himself in the process or B) the subject not being a twat and fighting police.

That doesn't make "less lethal" devices useless. In the example above, at now time did the department OR the subjects family call for the removal of Asp batons from officers scabbards after the fact. Why, because that's just fucking dumb.

I'd be interested to see the number of successful uses of the FN 303 (surely greater than 2) vs the claim of it being "bad at its job" with two incidents over....10 years.

Yup, thats statistically significant.

Are there possibly, even probably, more? Sure. Does the bad outweigh the good? No, I don't think so. But what do I know, I'm obviously incompetent by default because I wear a badge.

Fordorsia wrote:I doubt it. I haven't seen him here for a while.


Doesn't mean I'm not here. :P


I was joking, trans. I can't believe you guys took it seriously :lol:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

User avatar
Premislyd
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10456
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:
Really not worth my time, I mean, I'm fair to busy eating doughnuts and hitting people in the eyes with my Taser.

Whoops.

Seriously though. Shit happens. All the training in the world can not stop it from happening. An officer may attempt to use his baton to subdue a subject, he may execute a proper strike, intended to strike the subject in the forearm or thigh, as per his training, that subject may move, and the officer may accidentally strike his head, injuring him. I personally know of a case where that exact thing happen and the subject lost an eye. That is regrettable, and compensation was made as well it can be, since we obviously can't give him his eye back. It was also unavoidable outside of A) the officer letting the subject continue to fight him, possibly being injured himself in the process or B) the subject not being a twat and fighting police.

That doesn't make "less lethal" devices useless. In the example above, at now time did the department OR the subjects family call for the removal of Asp batons from officers scabbards after the fact. Why, because that's just fucking dumb.

I'd be interested to see the number of successful uses of the FN 303 (surely greater than 2) vs the claim of it being "bad at its job" with two incidents over....10 years.

Yup, thats statistically significant.

Are there possibly, even probably, more? Sure. Does the bad outweigh the good? No, I don't think so. But what do I know, I'm obviously incompetent by default because I wear a badge.



Doesn't mean I'm not here. :P


I was joking, trans. I can't believe you guys took it seriously :lol:


lol it's only a prototype
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

User avatar
Transnapastain
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 12241
Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:09 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:
Really not worth my time, I mean, I'm fair to busy eating doughnuts and hitting people in the eyes with my Taser.

Whoops.

Seriously though. Shit happens. All the training in the world can not stop it from happening. An officer may attempt to use his baton to subdue a subject, he may execute a proper strike, intended to strike the subject in the forearm or thigh, as per his training, that subject may move, and the officer may accidentally strike his head, injuring him. I personally know of a case where that exact thing happen and the subject lost an eye. That is regrettable, and compensation was made as well it can be, since we obviously can't give him his eye back. It was also unavoidable outside of A) the officer letting the subject continue to fight him, possibly being injured himself in the process or B) the subject not being a twat and fighting police.

That doesn't make "less lethal" devices useless. In the example above, at now time did the department OR the subjects family call for the removal of Asp batons from officers scabbards after the fact. Why, because that's just fucking dumb.

I'd be interested to see the number of successful uses of the FN 303 (surely greater than 2) vs the claim of it being "bad at its job" with two incidents over....10 years.

Yup, thats statistically significant.

Are there possibly, even probably, more? Sure. Does the bad outweigh the good? No, I don't think so. But what do I know, I'm obviously incompetent by default because I wear a badge.



Doesn't mean I'm not here. :P


I was joking, trans. I can't believe you guys took it seriously :lol:


Guess I was too stupid to read your sarcasm. :P

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Premislyd wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
I was joking, trans. I can't believe you guys took it seriously :lol:


lol it's only a prototype


I admit, I laughed.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Premislyd
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10456
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
lol it's only a prototype


I admit, I laughed.


Then my job is done
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

User avatar
DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7409
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Premislyd wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote: shot in the eye and died


You can't be serious.

You're genuinely surprised by this?

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.


Hate to break it to you, but this is going to happen with any sort of firearm.


1.No. Not really. What surprises me is the stupidity of the cop who did it, or the shit accuracy of the weapon.

But really, a less lethal projectile to the eye doesn't mean autokill. It's not a bullet, you know.

2. The whole point behind a less lethal gun is that it doesn't do shit that would happen anyway with any sort of firearm. And as stated he shouldn't have shot him in the hand in the first place (or shot him at all, WTF is this, DPRK? )
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

User avatar
Premislyd
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10456
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
You can't be serious.

You're genuinely surprised by this?



Hate to break it to you, but this is going to happen with any sort of firearm.


1.No. Not really. What surprises me is the stupidity of the cop who did it, or the shit accuracy of the weapon.

But really, a less lethal projectile to the eye doesn't mean autokill. It's not a bullet, you know.

2. The whole point behind a less lethal gun is that it doesn't do shit that would happen anyway with any sort of firearm. And as stated he shouldn't have shot him in the hand in the first place (or shot him at all, WTF is this, DPRK? )


Any sort of projectile entering your skull via eye socket has a very high (>90%) chance of killing you since your brain is literally right behind your eyes.

A less lethal gun is still a gun, it's just, well, less lethal obviously.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

User avatar
Sevvania
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6770
Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Apparently the accuracy of the FN 303 also degrades significantly after about three hundred rounds. Even assuming that the officers in both incidents were using brand new FN 303's, FN describes the projectiles as having "greater accuracy than a standard paintball round". Paintball rounds aren't something I associate with accuracy, so I would think that these factors could have played into the injuries sustained in both instances. It doesn't sound like a precision weapon that can snipe eyeballs and fingers.

" The whole point behind a less lethal gun is that it doesn't do shit that would happen anyway with any sort of firearm." - Republica Newland
That's why they call it "less lethal" and not "nonlethal".
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
You can't be serious.

You're genuinely surprised by this?



Hate to break it to you, but this is going to happen with any sort of firearm.


1.No. Not really. What surprises me is the stupidity of the cop who did it, or the shit accuracy of the weapon.

But really, a less lethal projectile to the eye doesn't mean autokill. It's not a bullet, you know.

2. The whole point behind a less lethal gun is that it doesn't do shit that would happen anyway with any sort of firearm. And as stated he shouldn't have shot him in the hand in the first place (or shot him at all, WTF is this, DPRK? )


Issue police officers with paintball. If the prisoner gets marked, he's obligated to turn himself in.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7409
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
What is so reputable about the FN 303? Nothing of interest IMHO.. It's not very good at that "less-lethal" bit, search for yourself. In AmeriKKKa a woman (google says Victoria Snelgrove) got shot in the eye and died as a consequence, and according to Wikipedia's undoubtedly accurate and trusted *sigh* sources, in Luxembourg an RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.

Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

User avatar
Virana
Minister
 
Posts: 2547
Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:15 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:2. The whole point behind a less lethal gun is that it doesn't do shit that would happen anyway with any sort of firearm. And as stated he shouldn't have shot him in the hand in the first place (or shot him at all, WTF is this, DPRK? )

Wait

I thought the whole point of a less lethal gun was to be, well, not lethal. And last time I checked, broken fingers aren't very lethal.

Also, no, if this was the DPRK, the guy would get a lot more than a nonlethal shot to the hand.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:16 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point


99% sure a finger shot with a Mosin is fatal
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Sevvania
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6770
Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:17 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Well he didn't die, now did he?

EDIT: Also Trans is going to have a bone to pick with you after that cop comment.


He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point

But your point was that it's not very good at "less-lethal", wasn't it? And you used an example in which the individual did not die.
Last edited by Sevvania on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15065
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Bezombia wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point


99% sure a finger shot with a Mosin is fatal

No, no it's not.

Eye-shots with SMLEs can even be non-lethal.
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7409
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
What is so reputable about the FN 303? Nothing of interest IMHO.. It's not very good at that "less-lethal" bit, search for yourself. In AmeriKKKa a woman (google says Victoria Snelgrove) got shot in the eye and died as a consequence, and according to Wikipedia's undoubtedly accurate and trusted *sigh* sources, in Luxembourg an RTL cameraman got shot with one in the finger, breaking it.

If you shot anyone in the eye with just about anything, there is a good chance they will die. There is no such thing as a perfect less lethal weapon. Rubber bullets can rupture organs and cause concussions, tasters can stop hearts, gas can choke, water cannons can also cause concussions, etc. The point is that it isn't as lethal as being shot by a gun, which is the main important bit.

Now, we can assume all cops in the world are stupid idiots who have no idea what they're doing (which is a viable assumption really) OR the thing has shit accuracy. Training (if not, at least common sense) should tell you NOT to hit someone in the eye, or anywhere in the head region for that matter, regardless of the size of the "LESS LETHAL" sticker and NOT to hit someone in the hand (darned RTL cameramen! it surely must have been a prop camera actually containing a flamethrower or RPG!) , especially not in the back of the hand (which is probably what happened unless, even worse, the policeman hit a cameraman who wasn't even facing him, or was putting his hands up or protecting himself with them), because obviously there's very little fat or muscle there, only relatively fragile bone.


Now thank you for insulting one of the moderators, Trans. Now cops are trained to not aim for the head with less lethal weapons, but that does't mean that they are always going to hit there. After all in most cases when your using one of these the situation might just be a little tense, which tends to reduce accuracy. Also from the looks of it the officers in both incidents were aiming at large crowds, which means that it is a little harder to aim well.


I think people here are getting the impression that I expected the projectile not to kill her after being shot in her eye. This isn't the point I'm trying to make: it's either very poor judgment on the side of the cop, or shit accuracy with the gun.

"A little harder" to aim well just doesn't cut it. The abdomen or legs, where the weapons are most probably supposed to be pointed at, are a long, long way down from head height unless they had protesters running around with stilts.
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

User avatar
DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7409
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Sevvania wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point

But your point was that it's not very good at "less-lethal", wasn't it? And you used an example in which the individual did not die.


Poor wording on my part, I was referring to accuracy, mainly.
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

User avatar
Sevvania
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6770
Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:25 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:This isn't the point I'm trying to make: it's either very poor judgment on the side of the cop, or poor accuracy with the gun.

Evidence seems to point to the latter. It's described as more accurate than a paintball out to 35 meters, and even that degree of accuracy degrades after three hundred rounds.
Last edited by Sevvania on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15065
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Sevvania wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
He wouldn't have died even with a .50 BMG, that's completely beside the point

But your point was that it's not very good at "less-lethal", wasn't it? And you used an example in which the individual did not die.

Basically RN is the sort of mong who would rather see a policeman be cut up and hospitalised while wrestling a knife-wielding criminal to the ground rather than see the policeman do something totalitarian and evil like shoot him with a less-than-lethal weapon.

We've been through this before, with things like riot police being inherently bad or w/ever it was.

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:The abdomen or legs, where the weapons are most probably supposed to be pointed at...

I dunno, from what I've read, any AFO would aim here without question.
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blodrike, Google [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads