NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that for example the M14 really isn't comparable to the AN-94.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that the AN-94 is not a MMW.

Istevia wrote:So it's not even worth upgrading to 103's or 109's?

It's worth upgrading to the AK-103, or at the very least, adopting its style of folding stock. You can just make AKMs as you have been but use a side-folding, polymer stock such as is found on the SLR-107 series. They are basically the real-life equivalent of what I'm describing, except your rifles would probably retain the gas block and front sight/muzzle thread design of the AKM since there's not really a reason to switch to '74-pattern on those parts.

Basically this: http://imageshack.us/a/img23/1322/newhalfbakedkp1.jpg

You can either use the triangle stock like they're using or the AK-100-series stock (http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/ ... 1-94-8.jpg). Both stocks use the same trunnion, so you could start upgrading with the metal ones at first and then adopt the polymer ones later. The biggest advantage of the AK-103 over the AKM is the folding stock and the AK-74 front sight block plus its muzzle brake. The '100-series brakes are much more effective devices than the standard AKM slant.

The AK-109 would be too expensive for minimal positives. Recoil and muzzle movement would be greatly reduced, but you are stuck at using only 16" barrels. Since your carbines would have to use the standard gas system, anyway, there's really no reason not to just have everything use the standard gas system. It lowers production costs, ups parts compatibility, and just makes sense.

Would you actually run into any problems using a normal length gas system with a longer barrel?
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Romic wrote:Question, Can Halo Weapons and infantry armor (including SPARTAN variants) be classified as PMT or FT?

Everything besides the the SPARTAN armor and space ships could probably fit in PMT. Even the early SPARTAN suits could probably get called PMT. Shields and spaceships fall under the heading of FT. But this becomes personal opinion and rule of bro. Don't sank it and stay equal with the other guy.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Istevia wrote:Alright then, I guess I'll do that, the triangle stock doesn't look all that comfortable though.

As far a folding, metal stocks on AKs go, it's basically the best. I had no issues with it when I fired an AKS-74 clone, but I know Trans., our most glorious moderator, has had comfort issues with it, so it may very well vary person-to-person. That said, Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan would wrap their stocks with a tourniquet and it did two things: kept the sun-exposed metal from burning their face as it was now touching the rubber tourniquet, and that itself proved to act as a cheek rest. Your soldiers would probably do the same if they found the stock uncomfortable.

Either way, the AK-100-series stock is the best stock to ever be fit to an AK-pattern firearm. As soon as you can, get those.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Romic wrote:Question, Can Halo Weapons and infantry armor (including SPARTAN variants) be classified as PMT or FT?

Depends on the weapon. The BR55-series, the M392 DMR, the M90-series of shotguns, stuff like that could feasibly be PMT. Stuff like MJOLNIR and the Spartan Laser would be considered FT, I think.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Would you actually run into any problems using a normal length gas system with a longer barrel?

RPK.

Istevia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Istevia wrote:Alright then, I guess I'll do that, the triangle stock doesn't look all that comfortable though.

As far a folding, metal stocks on AKs go, it's basically the best. I had no issues with it when I fired an AKS-74 clone, but I know Trans., our most glorious moderator, has had comfort issues with it, so it may very well vary person-to-person. That said, Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan would wrap their stocks with a tourniquet and it did two things: kept the sun-exposed metal from burning their face as it was now touching the rubber tourniquet, and that itself proved to act as a cheek rest. Your soldiers would probably do the same if they found the stock uncomfortable.

Either way, the AK-100-series stock is the best stock to ever be fit to an AK-pattern firearm. As soon as you can, get those.

Alright then, also, having taken a look at some of the other folding stocks on AK's and AK clones, I can only wonder just how much anyone who had to use them hated them.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Alright then, also, having taken a look at some of the other folding stocks on AK's and AK clones, I can only wonder just how much anyone who had to use them hated them.

The only stock I can remember hating profusely was the AMD-65's. I didn't have a lot of time with the Tantal-style folder, but I've used about everything else (underfolding, AKS-74 stock, fixed stock, Beryl stock, '100-series, and some aftermarket adapters for ACE skeleton stocks, folding buffer tube adapters w/ AR stocks, folding M16A2 stock (that one was weird), a wooden sidefolder, and a very basic stock I made myself). Most of it is having to adapt yourself to the stock. On the range or just plinking in the timber, that's fine, but improvised firing positions in a firefight would suck a lot with pretty much anything that isn't fixed stock or '100-series (and wooden side-folder). The AKS-74 was quite nice, though, as far as all-steel stocks go. The ACE aftermarket stock was also nice; ditto for the AR stock.

Basically anything they made that folded to the left and/or wasn't metal were the better of them.

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Istevia wrote:Alright then, also, having taken a look at some of the other folding stocks on AK's and AK clones, I can only wonder just how much anyone who had to use them hated them.

The only stock I can remember hating profusely was the AMD-65's. I didn't have a lot of time with the Tantal-style folder, but I've used about everything else (underfolding, AKS-74 stock, fixed stock, Beryl stock, '100-series, and some aftermarket adapters for ACE skeleton stocks, folding buffer tube adapters w/ AR stocks, folding M16A2 stock (that one was weird), a wooden sidefolder, and a very basic stock I made myself). Most of it is having to adapt yourself to the stock. On the range or just plinking in the timber, that's fine, but improvised firing positions in a firefight would suck a lot with pretty much anything that isn't fixed stock or '100-series (and wooden side-folder). The AKS-74 was quite nice, though, as far as all-steel stocks go. The ACE aftermarket stock was also nice; ditto for the AR stock.

Basically anything they made that folded to the left and/or wasn't metal were the better of them.

I was specifically looking at this stock
However, the AMD's stock manages to look even more uncomfortable

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Istevia wrote:I was specifically looking at this stock
(Image)

Yep. Those underfolding stocks (and basically all the "wire" folders) are the epitome of "good enough."

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Istevia wrote:I was specifically looking at this stock
(Image)

Yep. Those underfolding stocks (and basically all the "wire" folders) are the epitome of "good enough."

Ouch. Anyways, out of curiosity, what do you think of this version of the "AK-47"?
Please don't kill me for showing you the anti-christ of the AK family

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Ouch. Anyways, out of curiosity, what do you think of this version of the "AK-47"?

No.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

this might as well be "I have an AK but what I Really want is an AR"
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Istevia wrote:Ouch. Anyways, out of curiosity, what do you think of this version of the "AK-47"?

this might as well be "I have an AK but what I Really want is an AR"

No, that would be this: http://www.thebangswitch.com/krebs-ak-15-the-sexy/

Here is its little brother, the "Ass-Neck" (shit you not, no pun intended): http://www.thebangswitch.com/tag/assneck/

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Black Hand wrote:this might as well be "I have an AK but what I Really want is an AR"

Here is its little brother, the "Ass-Neck" (shit you not, no pun intended): http://www.thebangswitch.com/tag/assneck/

I believe the proper response is fuck that shit.
if you are going to into AK the into AK with AK mags
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Istevia wrote:Ouch. Anyways, out of curiosity, what do you think of this version of the "AK-47"?
(Image)

No.

Okay, I get the feeling you don't like talking about... that thing.
Anyways, since my country doesn't use 5.45mm rounds, are there any other weapons aside from the AKS-74U that I could give to tank crewmen, pilots, etc.?

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

No.

Anyways, since my country doesn't use 5.45mm rounds, are there any other weapons aside from the AKS-74U that I could give to tank crewmen, pilots, etc.?

AKMSU
Or a 5.56X45 version of the AKS-74U
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Istevia wrote:Okay, I get the feeling you don't like talking about... that thing.

AKMSU

We don't really use 5.56. Also, doesn't the AKMSU have some rather horrid recoil or something?

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:19 pm

With regards to the earlier conversation on the advantages of rifles, if you gave the Nazis G11s, G11 PDWs and G11 LMGs, assuming for tue purpose of this exercise that all work as intended and that ammunition supply problems are no greater than they already were, you would see virtually no change in the outcome of the war. Small arms hardly matter, except in terms of weight and morale.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Y'know, I just realized...

I've fought mechas in the bunkers of The Parthians, I've fought corprate piracy against Blackhelm confederacy on the seas, the furries of Ryuo Black Islands' landing-grounds, the hellspawn of Ironcia in their cities, thermonuclear wars of Dephire in their hills, the clone-armies of Pudu in the Chitzi swamps, Jedi-ninjas of Hataria in the steppes of Libya, the Kratnan Emperial Superconputer on the 'netscapes, and the necroes of Alidor.

My soldiers have seen things no man was ever meant to see.

Perhaps, we shall start a new chapter of history...

-Hurt 'em plenty.

Aqizithiuda wrote:With regards to the earlier conversation on the advantages of rifles, if you gave the Nazis G11s, G11 PDWs and G11 LMGs, assuming for tue purpose of this exercise that all work as intended and that ammunition supply problems are no greater than they already were, you would see virtually no change in the outcome of the war. Small arms hardly matter, except in terms of weight and morale.

What if we replaced their trucks with HEMTTs?
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Istevia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:AKMSU

We don't really use 5.56. Also, doesn't the AKMSU have some rather horrid recoil or something?

then what do you use?
sorta it recoils like you would expect a super short AKM to recoil.
Last edited by Black Hand on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

I believe the proper response is fuck that shit.

I'm really just not that big a fan of Krebs Custom.

I mean, here is a rifle featuring all of their mods (circa 2011):

People pay $2k+ for Krebs Custom firearms, and I have no idea why.

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

No.

You could just do what India does: AKS-74U, but in 7.62x39mm. Bulgaria also does this, as did Romania and Yugoslavia. The Romanian and Yugo. models (Pm. Md. 90, M92, respectively) weren't quite AKS-74U clones, though, so much as shortened AKMs.

Here's the Indian one: http://i.imgur.com/yvFaeq2.jpg

Bulgarian: http://www.gunpundit.com/2008/SLR-107UR.jpg

Romanian: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _rifle.jpg

Yugoslavian: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... da/M92.jpg

What I do ICly is this, though, but in 7.62x39mm. I guesstimate this one's barrel length to be right around ten inches: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/14339 ... 5_SBR.html

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Black Hand wrote:I believe the proper response is fuck that shit.

Istevia wrote:Okay, I get the feeling you don't like talking about... that thing.

You could just do what India does: AKS-74U, but in 7.62x39mm. Bulgaria also does this, as did Romania and Yugoslavia. The Romanian and Yugo. models (Pm. Md. 90, M92, respectively) weren't quite AKS-74U clones, though, so much as shortened AKMs.

What I do ICly is this, though, but in 7.62x39mm. I guesstimate this one's barrel length to be right around ten inches: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/14339 ... 5_SBR.html

*looks at tacticool AK*
The recoil isn't as bad as I think it is on those AK's is it?

Black Hand wrote:
Istevia wrote:We don't really use 5.56. Also, doesn't the AKMSU have some rather horrid recoil or something?

then what do you use?

I was posting about wether I should replace my AKM's or not, I'll let you figure that one out.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Istevia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

(Image)

*looks at tacticool AK*
The recoil isn't as bad as I think it is on those AK's is it?

Black Hand wrote:then what do you use?

I was posting about wether I should replace my AKM's or not, I'll let you figure that one out.

Do what spree said. Or issue the PP-19-01 or PP-2000.
Last edited by Black Hand on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Istevia wrote:Do what spree said. Or issue the PP-19-01 or PP-2000.
(Image)

Completely forgot about those two, I think I'll use the PP-19. Also, sorry if I sounded rude when you asked me what bullet caliber I used.
Last edited by Istevia on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Istevia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:

Completely forgot about those two, I think I'll use the PP-19. Also, sorry if I sounded rude when you asked my what bullet caliber I used.

not an issue. PP-19 is okay though I would still suggest the PP-19-01 instead. it's a superior model. the PP-2000 is decent and workable and strange as all fuck, message Puzikas for more info on it.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information