NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Flash files are the actual saved lines and pencil drawings on the canvas. Image files are the exported ones and cannot be edited without the Flash file. It's not strange.

That is not quite right. Flash does have the capability to convert regular images into Flash drawings. You won't get any layering or similar things from your original file back but you do get all the lines, fills etc. converted into a flash drawing which you can edit. I don't know what version of flash you are using, but in my version the function is called Trace Bitmap. Just import the bitmap into an open flash file, click it and use the function.

I did not know this. I'm using CS6.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

The Dominion Of Deathcoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion Of Deathcoria » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 pm

I`m looking for either a reason to update my forces ADD-21, flesh it out, or entirely replace it could someone offer me some help?

ADD-21
The ADD-21 (Automated Death Despenser Model 21), follows the philosophy of the Deathcorian people Simple, Crude, and Effective. Firing a 5.47x31mm round with a simple gas impingement system, given ghost ring sights equipped for low light firing. The ADD-21 costs 150 servus to produce, taking roughly 14 hours to create. The ADD-21 is created from stamped steel.
Last edited by The Dominion Of Deathcoria on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?

Generation 36 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:That is not quite right. Flash does have the capability to convert regular images into Flash drawings. You won't get any layering or similar things from your original file back but you do get all the lines, fills etc. converted into a flash drawing which you can edit. I don't know what version of flash you are using, but in my version the function is called Trace Bitmap. Just import the bitmap into an open flash file, click it and use the function.

I did not know this. I'm using CS6.

I just checked with a quick google and CS6 has the same function with the same name under the modify menu.
Here are some quick links.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Novicius Imperium Romanum
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novicius Imperium Romanum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Boy oh boy, I haven't posted here in a while. :P

on to srs bsns: I need some suggestions for how I should organize this nation's military force and some other suggestions for a battle rifle/notFAL design. :3

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Novicius Imperium Romanum wrote:Boy oh boy, I haven't posted here in a while. :P

on to srs bsns: I need some suggestions for how I should organize this nation's military force and some other suggestions for a battle rifle/notFAL design. :3

G3.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Novicius Imperium Romanum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Novicius Imperium Romanum wrote:Boy oh boy, I haven't posted here in a while. :P

G3.

<_<

I meant a custom design

also should clarify the other thing: liek, not how the troops and stuff will actually be organized, but... say der's a company of 100 guiz in this: how many grens, rifles, officers, etc. should be involved and whatnot?

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Vareiln wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Any reason you aren't using 7.92x57mm?

And if he doesn't want to, he can just use a rimless version of it, just like I did with my old nation.
Or go the Finnish route. :p

7.92x57mm IS is rimless. It also goes by 8mm Mauser.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Novicius Imperium Romanum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:G3.

<_<

I meant a custom design

also should clarify the other thing: liek, not how the troops and stuff will actually be organized, but... say der's a company of 100 guiz in this: how many grens, rifles, officers, etc. should be involved and whatnot?

Custom design use Viper M4

bigass recoil spring + seig for low recoil, 7.8x65 for extreeeemly high performance, polymer for low weight, is also badass

also has assault rifle conversion custom design use ULR-7:

versions caliber ULR-556, ULR-6.8, and ULR-545 also available
Last edited by Bezombia on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Novicius Imperium Romanum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Novicius Imperium Romanum wrote:
<_<

I meant a custom design

Custom design use Viper M4

bigass recoil spring + seig for low recoil, 7.8x65 for extreeeemly high performance, polymer for low weight, is also badass

<_>

Noe, i want to make my own design, but i want some suggestions for it beforehand

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Tule wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nope. The 7N10 is a steel cored ball round. The M855A1 is a steel tipped ball round.

I don't remember the m39/B penetrating that much Kevlar at that range.

The NAMMO clone of the M39/B does it, to be precise.

As you can see the bullet construction is identical.

Which says 24 layers at 100 metres, not 50 layers at 75. Still very impressive, though.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Anacasppia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacasppia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Kouralia wrote:Eh..... Bullets and guns to be used on planes by US Air Marshal-type people, gogogo!

Strike One in .357 SIG, typically hollow-point at that.
Foederatae Anacaspiae
Federated States of Anacaspia
Factbook | Introduction | Federated States Military Forces

Call me Ana.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Don't you?
Anemos Major wrote:Forty-five men, thirty four tons, one crew cabin... anything could happen.

Mmm... it's getting hot in here.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Originally issued to most Seamen of the Fordorsian Navy after the Military Revamp of 1908, the Mk.1 Naval Cutlass was a simple and cheap sword designed to assist in any boarding actions a Fordorsian vessel may take part in, whether it be Fordorsians intercepting a vessel or vice versa. It featured a steel blade, with simple wooden grips on either side of the tang. After the Deep War started with a confrontation in Fordorsian waters, it was decided that every individual on board Fordorsian Naval vessels would be armed with a Mk.1 Cutlass, be they Seaman or Admiral, to give the best defense possible against the extremelly common Naðrfirar attacks from below the waves.

After the Deep War ended in 1920, an influx of previously rare materials found their way to Fordorsia once more, as well as new materials and engineering methods. The Mk.1 Cutlasses were sold off to make way for the Mk.2, a cutlass which now featured a titanium blade with a tungsten edge, making it extremely durable and allowing for a much sharper blade, and a rubberized, more ergonomic handle covering the whole tang. The Mk.2 was originally issued to all Naval vessel personnel, but a further increase in Fordorsian wealth and resources in 1924 quickly allowed two more blades to be issued, the Mk.2 A2 and A3.

The A2 and A3 were basically the same sword as the Mk.2, but while the Mk.2 had a bare titanium hilt and was issued to most of the vessel's personnel, the A2's hilt was silver-plated titanium and highly polished. These A2's were issued to all Naval Officers.

The Mk.2 A3 is the same sword as the Mk.2, but with an extended, highly-polished gold-plated titanium hilt instead of a silver-plated or bare titanium one. Only one of these swords in is service at any given time, as it is issued to the current Admiral of The Fleet.

Like most Fordorsian personal weapons, a servicemen is allowed to keep their equipment after a year of service, although the Mk.2 A3 has been, on multiple occasions, been refused by a retiring Admiral of The Fleet on several occasions. The best example of this is a single A3 staying in service throughout the Second World War, nearly three decades, being passed through 7 different individuals before finally being replaced after the war's end and put on display at the Fordorsian National Museum.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Take the suppressor and nade launcher off of an ASH-12.7 and rechamber it in 9.3 Brenneke (or one of my boolets if you're feeling frisky/friendly) or something like that.
Unreachable.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Sooo... this is cool.
Unreachable.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:(Image)

Sooo... this is cool.

I see a G3 with a long barrel.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Sooo... this is cool.

Explain this...strangely attractive G3.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Sooo... this is cool.

Nazi space magic.

Roman guy: Also look at the Cetme Model L cutdown versions. They're pure sex.
Unreachable.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Anacasppia wrote:
Kouralia wrote:Eh..... Bullets and guns to be used on planes by US Air Marshal-type people, gogogo!

Strike One in .357 SIG, typically hollow-point at that.

A 12 gauge riot shotgun (either a Ithaca 37 or Armsel Striker), loaded with rubber buckshot and rubber baton rounds. hurts like hell, but still nonlethal to minimize civilian injuries. Effective both for target suppression and terrorizing. Wanna kill someone? Give your officers a bolt gun.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Anacasppia wrote:Strike One in .357 SIG, typically hollow-point at that.

A 12 gauge riot shotgun (either a Ithaca 37 or Armsel Striker), loaded with rubber buckshot and rubber baton rounds. hurts like hell, but still nonlethal to minimize civilian injuries. Effective both for target suppression and terrorizing. Wanna kill someone? Give your officers a bolt gun.

Because dozens of pellets flying at face-level in a commercial airliner is the absolute best of ideas, especially when Air Marshals are plainclothes.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Novicius Imperium Romanum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

Nazi space magic.

Roman guy: Also look at the Cetme Model L cutdown versions. They're pure sex.

I want one irl

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Anacasppia wrote:Strike One in .357 SIG, typically hollow-point at that.

So in Arkandros...the Air Marshals are the terrorists?

Good to know.

Also what Spree said. This is a terrible idea and clearly is devoid of any thoughts regarding how law enforcement actually works.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Can someone explain to me exactly what an Air Marshal does?
Wiki just gives me information about its seniority which doesn't tell me anything.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Bezombia wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly what an Air Marshal does?
Wiki just gives me information about its seniority which doesn't tell me anything.

Air marshals stop hijackers from taking over planes and doing really bad things with them.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Arkandros wrote:A 12 gauge riot shotgun (either a Ithaca 37 or Armsel Striker), loaded with rubber buckshot and rubber baton rounds. hurts like hell, but still nonlethal to minimize civilian injuries. Effective both for target suppression and terrorizing. Wanna kill someone? Give your officers a bolt gun.

Because dozens of pellets flying at face-level in a commercial airliner is the absolute best of ideas, especially when Air Marshals are plainclothes.

Harpoon gun for maximum deterrence.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

The Dominion Of Deathcoria wrote:I`m looking for either a reason to update my forces ADD-21, flesh it out, or entirely replace it could someone offer me some help?

ADD-21
The ADD-21 (Automated Death Despenser Model 21), follows the philosophy of the Deathcorian people Simple, Crude, and Effective. Firing a 5.47x31mm round with a simple gas impingement system, given ghost ring sights equipped for low light firing. The ADD-21 costs 150 servus to produce, taking roughly 14 hours to create. The ADD-21 is created from stamped steel.

Direct impingement struggles with smaller, lower caliber rounds. Ghost rings are good for target acquisition, but not accuracy. You may consider some other aperture sight.
Unreachable.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information