NATION

PASSWORD

Gender ratio of your nation?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kardana
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kardana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:37 pm

The ratio of sexes is roughly equal (1:1.02 male to female)

Carathius
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Carathius » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm

The gender ratio in Carathius is currently 3:2 (male:female).

Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankenjin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:
Light-Crown wrote:
Assuming your nation consists of two genders,
what is your nation's aprox. ratio?

That's a bad thing to assume. We are 100% asexual robots, and we know of another nation that has beings with three sexes.

That would be us. Jankenjin do not come in "male" or "female" varieties; our bodies are capable of both forms of sexual expression. Instead, our species is divided into three genders, called guujin, chokijin, and paajin. Each gender has a different sexual role depending on whom they are with:
  • Guujin get chokijin pregnant, and the child she bears is a paajin.
  • Chokijin get paajin pregnant, and the child she bears is a guujin.
  • Paajin get guujin pregnant, and the child she bears is a chokijin.

Because of this arrangement, the gender ratio of Jankenjin is 1:1:1. No other ratio is sustainable over the generations.

One of our famous classic dramas has this as a plot element. It tells the story, set in ancient times, of two warring Jankenjin city-states locked in a long and bloody feud. At one point one of the cities was conquered by the other, and the victors exacted an horrific punishment upon the defeated city--every one of its guujin (back then, the warrior gender), from newborn babe to the oldest, was put to death. You can probably guess what happened next: the surviving chokijin and paajin continued their lives, and the entire next generation born to that city was guujin. That new generation grew to adulthood, banded together, and utterly destroyed the city that had slaughtered their would-be foster parents.
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

Lukquarel
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lukquarel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 pm

3 males to every female
RP Population: 43,851,051

Citizens' Assembly: 212 members
Union Council: 105 members
Justice Chamber Council Subcommittee: 20 members

Assembly Minister: Kuno Ayiuere
Union Governor: Naeytuns Zivlanne
IDLAWAR: Wenh Moilschtaike

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:54 am

It's too hard to come up with a ratio for our stastics
51% female
49% male
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Nueo Soled
Envoy

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nueo Soled » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 am

It is currently 9:8. There are slightly more men than females.
sig in progress, but have some cheesecake while waiting

Slavialand
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavialand » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 am

51.5% males
48.5% females
This country does not represent my ideologies.

Kaitjan
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kaitjan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 pm

According to the kaitjanese Ministry of National Data and its recent studies the ratio is 4:5 female-male. One of the reasons is thought to be the many wars Kaitjan went through in 20th century, which has led to great decrease in male population and many women remaining unmarried and without children throughout their lives.
The People's Republic of Kaitjan is a nation most glorious: a totalitarian communist dictatorship set against a backdrop of vast jungles, great rivers and a horribly tropical climate. Kaitjan is renowned for its all-encompassing militarism, rampant xenophobia, isolationist tendencies and a great love for tigers and tiger motifs.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information