NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Region Sign-Up (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 am

Rausenburg wrote:
Grozav Inima wrote:yeah but 25 thousand billion like it says means 25 trillion since a thousand billion is a trillion
unless you are going by the european system and the , is a decimal point in which case thats a real fuckn low GDP

... I took another look at it I see the mistake your original assumption is correct (mistakes have been made), Yes you are correct with the assumption of 2.5 Trillion GDP. Per Capita should be 14,600 or so. Gotta double check that.

In that case you are accepted, I'll TG you the password now
Come to Grozyar where you will have a vodka for every hand
and a tank for every house - Zeribru
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Novibirsk
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Novibirsk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Grozav Inima wrote:
Novibirsk wrote:So how's my application?

I'm not 100% sold on your RPing, to be honest. I might give you a prompt like the other guy just to check you are able to do a longer RP post than the single paragraph ones that I can see for the Cuban ones.

Prompt:
Vastava Pact (communist) posturing on your eastern border has your government concerned for your national security. Post from the perspective of your president, who is speaking to another one of your neighbours, and work out a deal for mutual defence. Afterwards, write a news post announcing this new alliance and any troop deployments which will happen as a result

You can use the format of Mbuti's news post he made a few posts earlier.Sorry for the wait, but you gave me quite alot of reading lol

There we go. Sorry for the delay.

The Ratusha; Putinov's Office
Putinov sits at his desk, tapping a pencil lightly on the table as he looks down at the map of the border between Novibirsk and their neighbors: the Vastava Pact. He shows an emotionless face as his General of the Army, Vladimir Yermolay, waves his hand over a section of the border that he says is especially weak with forces. Putinov seems to trail off into his thoughts. Those of which were his past as a Lieutenant in the army. He snaps back to reality as his General lightly slams his hand on the table, gesturing to the weak spot in the border again.

"Stationing too many troops in this sector will cause the rest of our border to be stretched. And equalizing the border guard per province isn't a good idea. I propose we check the geography of these regions. Mountainous or heavily forested parts of the border, I believe, won't need as many border guards as areas where there is flat land," The general says, balling his hand in a fist, his face slightly red.

"We must take into accord the fact that we will have to station a base and air strip near the border. Currently we have none, giving us a gross gap between our current military bases and the land between said bases and their border. It's as barren as a DMZ," Mikhail Chubais, Air Marshall, comments from the other side of the table, his arms crossed. The Admiral of the Navy would not be present, as this is a predicament on land.

"What of our neighbors? The Tchinov Republic (made up name; just used for the scenario)?" Putinov comments.

"The Tchinov currently do not have any diplomatic relations with us. But they do possess a government similar to ours," the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abram Yaroslavok, chips in from the corner of the room where he sat on an elegant chair with one leg crossed over the other, a manila folder placed on the organic platform.

Putinov falls silent, now spinning his pencil in his hand. A vein could be quite visible on the corner of his forehead.

"I'd like to speak with the President of Tchinov. Mr. Yaroslavok, please arrange a meeting with him. General Yermolay, find all of the weak points in our border, record them, and send them to me. I'd like to find a way to balance it out. Putinov makes more unimportant comments and the other men leave the office.

The Ratusha; The Green Drawing Room

Putinov would be sitting down in a chair in The Green Drawing Room, a room in the Ratusha. He would stare blankly at the ground, fiddling with his tie clip, which would be connected with his black and white striped tie. He does this innocent and bored act for about three minutes until the door is knocked on. Putinov gets up, straightens his jacket and the door opens. President of Tchinov, Vlad Aleskee, walks in with a smile.

"Mr. Putinov, a pleasure to meet you," He says as he walks to Putinov, who walks to him as well. Putinov's mind would go in slow motion. He studied the other man's form. His stance. How he swings his arm. What he looks at and how he does. Putinov reaches his hand for a shake and the other man does as well. Unfortunately for Aleskee, Putinov gains the upper hand and pats Aleskee on the back, turning them to the camera crew that came in with Aleskee and Putinov smiles with Aleskee. Putinov, without changing his facial features, mentally smiles in glee that he has gained superiority.

They both go to sit down on the two main chairs in the room. Putinov leans forward, folding his hands while resting his elbows on his knees. He clears his throat and Aleskee leans back, resting one leg on the other. Putinov raises his eyebrow ever-so-slightly, but such a gesture immediately ceased to exist.

They begin discussing relations. First, they talk about trade. While Aleskee explains the main exports of Aleskee, Putinov continues to give him a blank stare but one of great listening. Putinov nods in agreement every once and awhile and gives comments. After about ten minutes, they come to a consensus on their future trade agreements.

"Mr. Aleskee, knowing that you border us, you have a similar history to us. Both of us know of the grotesque UGRN and SRN. And we both know that, being descendants of those two nations, we have similar histories, cultures, interests, and even militaries. But I'd like to discuss a...defensive pact, if you will. Communism does not run in the blood of Novibirsk anymore and I'd like to expect the same of your nation, knowing you share a similar federal government as ours. The Vastava Pact, as you know, is a powerful and ruthless organization of Communist governments. And I do recall last year you had an incident where your military caught a drone heading into your border and out? That was from the Vastava Pact, was it not?"

Aleskee nods. "Yes, it was," He says, staring intently at Putinov, interested in the topic at hand.

"Well, I'd like to think that in this case, we have a similar...interest in preserving sovereignty from this pact and I know for a fact that our states also would like to show the world that we are not nations to be meddled with. Our borders are stretched quite far with theirs. After meeting with my General Staff, I believe it would be safe to ask for a defense pact. Our borders are the physical boundaries that preserve our national health and only together we will be able to keep them safe," Putinov says.

Aleskee exhales heavily from his nostrils.

"You utter wise words. This sounds like a reasonable claim. Let's expand on it," He says and continues to speak about it in his own point of view. Eventually, after a near-30 minutes of talking, a defensive pact is formed. Papers are signed, photos are taken, and handshakes are given (with Putinov once again gaining the upper hand). Days later, the defensive pact takes motion.

Vastava-Novibirsk/Tchinov Border

Novibirsk has started to ever-so-slightly garrison its borders with garrisons from inland bases. Construction crews are following soldiers to their new construction site where the eventual base and airstrip will be made as a border protection base. 900 Novibirsk infantry, 130 Spetzpodraz, and 60 T-90s are garrisoning the border of Novibirsk and Tchinov. With them are 55 T-90s from Tchinov, 1,070 Tchinov infantry, and 125 Tchinov Special Forces. A new Army General, Army General Lachkov Vitalich, is stationed in Kovrodolsk, the largest city near the Vastava-Novibirsk Border.

Criticisms are soon to arrive from the Vastava Pact, as militarized borders are never a good sign. A statement from Putinov is soon released regarding the border garrisons.

"The Federation of Novibirsk is not a warmongering nation and does not wish for tense relations with its culturally similar but politically polar neighbors. But tension seems to want us desperately and unfortunately, we have taken action to further protect our border. Assurance is given to those of the Vastava Pact that the N.A.D.F. is acting in defense of its border, that of which shares the border of one that was violated by a military drone from Vastava last year. This militarized border will retain its position until further notice. Thank you."

Gorbatov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbatov » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Novibirsk wrote:-snip-

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but......someone in Atlas already has Putin(using his image) as their leader, you'll have to change your leader to someone that doesn't look like Putin(Medvedev is taken aswell, why not try Lukashenko, no one is using him in Atlas.)
"The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists for while we maintain such a stand the enemy cannot and will never force us to our knees.."
-Enver Hoxha-

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:57 am

Novibirsk wrote:
Grozav Inima wrote:I'm not 100% sold on your RPing, to be honest. I might give you a prompt like the other guy just to check you are able to do a longer RP post than the single paragraph ones that I can see for the Cuban ones.

Prompt:
Vastava Pact (communist) posturing on your eastern border has your government concerned for your national security. Post from the perspective of your president, who is speaking to another one of your neighbours, and work out a deal for mutual defence. Afterwards, write a news post announcing this new alliance and any troop deployments which will happen as a result

You can use the format of Mbuti's news post he made a few posts earlier.Sorry for the wait, but you gave me quite alot of reading lol

There we go. Sorry for the delay.

The Ratusha; Putinov's Office
Putinov sits at his desk, tapping a pencil lightly on the table as he looks down at the map of the border between Novibirsk and their neighbors: the Vastava Pact. He shows an emotionless face as his General of the Army, Vladimir Yermolay, waves his hand over a section of the border that he says is especially weak with forces. Putinov seems to trail off into his thoughts. Those of which were his past as a Lieutenant in the army. He snaps back to reality as his General lightly slams his hand on the table, gesturing to the weak spot in the border again.

"Stationing too many troops in this sector will cause the rest of our border to be stretched. And equalizing the border guard per province isn't a good idea. I propose we check the geography of these regions. Mountainous or heavily forested parts of the border, I believe, won't need as many border guards as areas where there is flat land," The general says, balling his hand in a fist, his face slightly red.

"We must take into accord the fact that we will have to station a base and air strip near the border. Currently we have none, giving us a gross gap between our current military bases and the land between said bases and their border. It's as barren as a DMZ," Mikhail Chubais, Air Marshall, comments from the other side of the table, his arms crossed. The Admiral of the Navy would not be present, as this is a predicament on land.

"What of our neighbors? The Tchinov Republic (made up name; just used for the scenario)?" Putinov comments.

"The Tchinov currently do not have any diplomatic relations with us. But they do possess a government similar to ours," the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abram Yaroslavok, chips in from the corner of the room where he sat on an elegant chair with one leg crossed over the other, a manila folder placed on the organic platform.

Putinov falls silent, now spinning his pencil in his hand. A vein could be quite visible on the corner of his forehead.

"I'd like to speak with the President of Tchinov. Mr. Yaroslavok, please arrange a meeting with him. General Yermolay, find all of the weak points in our border, record them, and send them to me. I'd like to find a way to balance it out. Putinov makes more unimportant comments and the other men leave the office.

The Ratusha; The Green Drawing Room

Putinov would be sitting down in a chair in The Green Drawing Room, a room in the Ratusha. He would stare blankly at the ground, fiddling with his tie clip, which would be connected with his black and white striped tie. He does this innocent and bored act for about three minutes until the door is knocked on. Putinov gets up, straightens his jacket and the door opens. President of Tchinov, Vlad Aleskee, walks in with a smile.

"Mr. Putinov, a pleasure to meet you," He says as he walks to Putinov, who walks to him as well. Putinov's mind would go in slow motion. He studied the other man's form. His stance. How he swings his arm. What he looks at and how he does. Putinov reaches his hand for a shake and the other man does as well. Unfortunately for Aleskee, Putinov gains the upper hand and pats Aleskee on the back, turning them to the camera crew that came in with Aleskee and Putinov smiles with Aleskee. Putinov, without changing his facial features, mentally smiles in glee that he has gained superiority.

They both go to sit down on the two main chairs in the room. Putinov leans forward, folding his hands while resting his elbows on his knees. He clears his throat and Aleskee leans back, resting one leg on the other. Putinov raises his eyebrow ever-so-slightly, but such a gesture immediately ceased to exist.

They begin discussing relations. First, they talk about trade. While Aleskee explains the main exports of Aleskee, Putinov continues to give him a blank stare but one of great listening. Putinov nods in agreement every once and awhile and gives comments. After about ten minutes, they come to a consensus on their future trade agreements.

"Mr. Aleskee, knowing that you border us, you have a similar history to us. Both of us know of the grotesque UGRN and SRN. And we both know that, being descendants of those two nations, we have similar histories, cultures, interests, and even militaries. But I'd like to discuss a...defensive pact, if you will. Communism does not run in the blood of Novibirsk anymore and I'd like to expect the same of your nation, knowing you share a similar federal government as ours. The Vastava Pact, as you know, is a powerful and ruthless organization of Communist governments. And I do recall last year you had an incident where your military caught a drone heading into your border and out? That was from the Vastava Pact, was it not?"

Aleskee nods. "Yes, it was," He says, staring intently at Putinov, interested in the topic at hand.

"Well, I'd like to think that in this case, we have a similar...interest in preserving sovereignty from this pact and I know for a fact that our states also would like to show the world that we are not nations to be meddled with. Our borders are stretched quite far with theirs. After meeting with my General Staff, I believe it would be safe to ask for a defense pact. Our borders are the physical boundaries that preserve our national health and only together we will be able to keep them safe," Putinov says.

Aleskee exhales heavily from his nostrils.

"You utter wise words. This sounds like a reasonable claim. Let's expand on it," He says and continues to speak about it in his own point of view. Eventually, after a near-30 minutes of talking, a defensive pact is formed. Papers are signed, photos are taken, and handshakes are given (with Putinov once again gaining the upper hand). Days later, the defensive pact takes motion.

Vastava-Novibirsk/Tchinov Border

Novibirsk has started to ever-so-slightly garrison its borders with garrisons from inland bases. Construction crews are following soldiers to their new construction site where the eventual base and airstrip will be made as a border protection base. 900 Novibirsk infantry, 130 Spetzpodraz, and 60 T-90s are garrisoning the border of Novibirsk and Tchinov. With them are 55 T-90s from Tchinov, 1,070 Tchinov infantry, and 125 Tchinov Special Forces. A new Army General, Army General Lachkov Vitalich, is stationed in Kovrodolsk, the largest city near the Vastava-Novibirsk Border.

Criticisms are soon to arrive from the Vastava Pact, as militarized borders are never a good sign. A statement from Putinov is soon released regarding the border garrisons.

"The Federation of Novibirsk is not a warmongering nation and does not wish for tense relations with its culturally similar but politically polar neighbors. But tension seems to want us desperately and unfortunately, we have taken action to further protect our border. Assurance is given to those of the Vastava Pact that the N.A.D.F. is acting in defense of its border, that of which shares the border of one that was violated by a military drone from Vastava last year. This militarized border will retain its position until further notice. Thank you."

That looks good, I'll TG you the password

Gorbatov wrote:
Novibirsk wrote:-snip-

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but......someone in Atlas already has Putin(using his image) as their leader, you'll have to change your leader to someone that doesn't look like Putin(Medvedev is taken aswell, why not try Lukashenko, no one is using him in Atlas.)

since it's just for a non-canon test post I wont let it bother me.
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Carthadona
Secretary

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Carthadona » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 am

OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: Republic of Carthadona
National Demonym: Carthadonan
Nation Population: 38,962,520

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: like the Bailwick of Jersey

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Culture is quite like Canada, Majority of citizens are of European Ancestry (British, Portuguese, Dutch), with an Indigineous minority.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Originally Colonial territory, then gained independence, rather isolationist militarily in the past.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Middlelow
What form of government does your nation have?: unitary parliamentary republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Elizabeth de São Bartolomeu
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Left libertarian

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $1.8 trillion, $46,199
What is your nation’s economic system?: Mixed economy
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): recovering from recession
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: USD 1:1

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: ~13,000,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 2.8%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: 2000's NATO

Please list the branches of your military: Naval Service (Navy Armada, Marine Infantry Division, Coast Guard, Naval Air Force), Reserve Guard Force, Radar Operational Force, National Constabulary
How many active personnel are in each branch?: NS 118,957, RGF 0, ROF 2,704, NC 4,900
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses) 296 Ships, 500 Aircraft,

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): I was recently a member of Atlas, but was kicked out due to inactivity, my apologies.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

OOC & Offsite Information

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Hoping to get back to a couple of hours a week.
Please describe your moderation history:

Do you have an IIWiki page?: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Carthadona
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) GeoPol, able to hold my own, but more of a supporter in alliances than the leader.
OOC, I make flags, military ranks, etc. http://dj-chay.deviantart.com/

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.
I now has iiWiki! = http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Carthadona

RPs:
Desert Crisis - Victory

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Carthadona wrote:
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

Formal Nation Name: Republic of Carthadona
National Demonym: Carthadonan
Nation Population: 38,962,520

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: like the Bailwick of Jersey

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Culture is quite like Canada, Majority of citizens are of European Ancestry (British, Portuguese, Dutch), with an Indigineous minority.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Originally Colonial territory, then gained independence, rather isolationist militarily in the past.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Middlelow
What form of government does your nation have?: unitary parliamentary republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Elizabeth de São Bartolomeu
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Left libertarian

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $1.8 trillion, $46,199
What is your nation’s economic system?: Mixed economy
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): recovering from recession
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: USD 1:1

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: ~13,000,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 2.8%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: 2000's NATO

Please list the branches of your military: Naval Service (Navy Armada, Marine Infantry Division, Coast Guard, Naval Air Force), Reserve Guard Force, Radar Operational Force, National Constabulary
How many active personnel are in each branch?: NS 118,957, RGF 0, ROF 2,704, NC 4,900
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses) 296 Ships, 500 Aircraft,

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): I was recently a member of Atlas, but was kicked out due to inactivity, my apologies.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Hoping to get back to a couple of hours a week.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Carthadona

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) GeoPol, able to hold my own, but more of a supporter in alliances than the leader.
OOC, I make flags, military ranks, etc. http://dj-chay.deviantart.com/

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.

no worries, since you are a previous atlassian and Cinoth said we should let people kicked for inactivity back in, ill let you in
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Revak Golt
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Atlas Region Sign-Up

Postby Revak Golt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Formal Nation Name: The People's Republic of Revak Golt
National Demonym: Dwemeri
Nation Population: 330,000

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Revak Golt is a rather cold country situated on a mountainous island in the far north. The flattest area of the country is the northern coast consisting of ice and snow.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Over 95% of Revak Golt's citizens are of Dwemeri origin. The Dwemeri culture is very traditional and religious but it is also open-minded to foreigners. Most people live in caves carved into the mountains of the country due to its rather hostile landscape.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The Dwemera lived isolated from foreign influences until 1974 due to its location in the far north. However, the Globalization process is on the rise.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Nchuand-Zel
What form of government does your nation have?: People's Republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: (Jarl; Head of Government) Bthar of Arkngthamz, (Aedroth; representative/divine) Zenithar
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: The population calmed down after the recent impeachment of Jarl Kagrenac

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $7 billion, $15 thousand
What is your nation’s economic system?: Free Market Economy
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Growth
[b]Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD:
1 Faraan = 0.23 USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 1,200 deployed, 300 reserve and 140,000 of age available for military service
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 7%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) 90s American

Please list the branches of your military: Dwemeri Coast Guard, National Civil Defense
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 500 in the DCG, 700 in the NCD
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses) 3 patrol vessels, 1 research vessel, 63 smaller assisting boats, 3 Airbus Helicopters H215 and 1 Bombardier Dash in the CG and numerous Mercedes-Benz Sprinters and Volvo XC90 in the National Civil Defence

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP: I'm new to NationStates so I haven't done any of those yet.
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: alt
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: I sign in daily.
Please describe your moderation history: No moderation history.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)

Last edited by Revak Golt on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Revak Golt wrote:

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Revak Golt is a rather cold country situated on a mountainous island in the far north. The flattest area of the country is the northern coast consisting of ice and snow.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Over 95% of Revak Golt's citizens are of Dwemeri origin. The Dwemeri culture is very traditional and religious but it is also open-minded to foreigners. Most people live in caves carved into the mountains of the country due to its rather hostile landscape.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The Dwemera lived isolated from foreign influences until 1974 due to its location in the far north. However, the Globalization process is on the rise.

Government & Economy

Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: (Jarl; Head of Government) Bthar of Arkngthamz, (Aedroth; representative/divine) Zenithar
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: The population calmed down after the recent impeachment of Jarl Kagrenac

1 Faraan = 0.23 USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 1,200 deployed, 300 reserve and 140,000 of age available for military service
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) 90s American

Please list the branches of your military: Dwemeri Coast Guard, National Civil Defense
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses) 3 patrol vessels, 1 research vessel, 63 smaller assisting boats, 3 Airbus Helicopters H215 and 1 Bombardier Dash in the CG and numerous Mercedes-Benz Sprinters and Volvo XC90 in the National Civil Defence

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)

What's your main, and do you have any roleplays on that or elsewhere?
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Revak Golt
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Revak Golt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan wrote:What's your main, and do you have any roleplays on that or elsewhere?

My main nation is The Mongol Federation of Khingan and I'm roleplaying in the "CISB" region with this nation. Does that count?

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Revak Golt wrote:

Government & Economy

1 Faraan = 0.23 USD

Military

Roleplaying

Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

You are going to be very tiny, and the lack of RPing is sort of worrying. Do you have any Roleplays from offsite forums?
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Revak Golt
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Revak Golt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 am

Well, never mind. This sign-up process is way too laborious. Just delete my application and pretend I never applied.

Guslan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Guslan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Formal Nation Name: Guslan Federation
National Demonym: Guslans
Nation Population: 14,000,000

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Beautiful valleys surrounded by hilly regions that scatter the country with a very small mountain range. The climate has medium-short length summers but harsh winters. The harvest season is short, but the fertile lands of the southern regions of Guslan create the sustainability that is required to last the Guslan whiteouts.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: I Like to imagine the Guslan people comparative to Norwegian Culture and their ethnicities.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Formerly known as the Northlands, seperated by two groups; The Thouchra Fascists, and The Guschra Socialists. Skirmishes were often in the region, an almost never-ending conflict. Shootings were monthly, assassinations almost yearly. Both factions agreed to a treaty for a very short time, but really it was a distraction for the Guschra Socialists to perform a Military Coup and toppled the Fascists. The new Nation that was formed was called the Guslan Federation.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Heightford
What form of government does your nation have?: Republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President Stagg, Vice President Abigail Frost, Sec. of State Rory Eckelson, Sec. of the Armed Forces Heinrich Bismark, Sec. of Foreign Affairs Max Redd, and Presidental Senator Viktor Henry.
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?:

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): 281,647,940,074.91 ///// 20,131.46 (USD) \\\\\ 752,000,000,000 ///// 53,751 (GC)
What is your nation’s economic system?: Command Economy
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Steady Growth
Guslan Credit 2.67 Credits per $1

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 150,000 Personnel (65,000 Active/ 85,000 Reserve)
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 22%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) 80s Russian

Please list the branches of your military: Guslan National Army/Guslan Navy/ Guslan Air Force
How many active personnel are in each branch?: GNA(30,000) / GN(23,000) / GAF (12,000)
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Guslan National Army// Armor Divisions: 2 // Artillery Divisions: 1// Logistics Divisions: 2 // Infantry Divisions: 3 // \\\ Guslan Navy // Commissioned Cruisers: 2 // Commissioned Frigates: 6 // Commissioned Patrol Ships: 2 // Commissioned Coastal Defense Ships: 10 // Commissioned Destroyers: 6// Submarines: 1 In Construction // Logistics(Cargo) Ships: 3 // Fleets: 3 \\\ Guslan Air Force // Fighter Squadrons: 45 // Bomber Squadrons: 1 // Logsitical Squadrons: 5 \\\

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:
Military RP: Two A-15 Jets zipped past the Faracus Mountains, making slight course adjustments to their target. The exercise: Close Air Support. "Homebase, this is Zulu 1-1 coming up on target, five kilos out." Cpt. Deter said over comms, "Roger that, Zulu 1-1, Standby for Target flares." Homebased replied, readying the target Flares. Cpt. Deter and Lt. Eisen seperated their aircraft to their attack/strafing formation as they reach their target. "Zulu 1-1, Popping Target Flares. You have the greenlight for apprehension." In the distance, two flares popped up a hundred meters into the air, causing both aircraft to slow down to half-thrust, readying for attack. "Lieutenant, eyes steady, aim for the trails, and watch your altitude." Cpt Deter said calmly as he gripped his flight stick. Eisen adjusted his rudder ever-so-slightly to compensate. "Firing." he said, both aircraft firing their 20mm guns in a three second burst. They pulled opposite directions while popping flare after flare before forming up again, heading back to base. "Homebase, this is Zulu 1-1, can you confirm Target destruction?" he said in anticipation. This was Deter's first time training with a brand new pilot, and he wanted to make sure Eisen performed to the best of his ability. "Zulu 1-1, Confirmed Destruction, Tango Down. Zulu 1-2 seemed to ricochet debris into the Dummies. Final Score: 75. " Homebase replied, angering Deter slightly. "Copy That. We are RTB, Homebase. Will debrief Lieutenant Eisen on his performance." He responded. He looked over to the other Jet, "Lieutenant, this is going to be a long debrief, prepare yourself."
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Usually doing Issues, looking around the Forums. Since I haven't found a good RP Region yet I haven't been active on the current, But I will dedicate more time once I find one.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Nope

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) Geopolitically, I want to see Guslan in the political/Trade/Military Action front actively, but not too much. OOC Contributions, I want to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere with fellow players and make some good relationships.

Last edited by Guslan on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Guslan wrote:

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Beautiful valleys surrounded by hilly regions that scatter the country with a very small mountain range. The climate has medium-short length summers but harsh winters. The harvest season is short, but the fertile lands of the southern regions of Guslan create the sustainability that is required to last the Guslan whiteouts.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: I Like to imagine the Guslan people comparative to Norwegian Culture and their ethnicities.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Formerly known as the Northlands, seperated by two groups; The Thouchra Fascists, and The Guschra Socialists. Skirmishes were often in the region, an almost never-ending conflict. Shootings were monthly, assassinations almost yearly. Both factions agreed to a treaty for a very short time, but really it was a distraction for the Guschra Socialists to perform a Military Coup and toppled the Fascists. The new Nation that was formed was called the Guslan Federation.

Government & Economy

Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President Stagg, Vice President Abigail Frost, Sec. of State Rory Eckelson, Sec. of the Armed Forces Heinrich Bismark, Sec. of Foreign Affairs Max Redd, and Presidental Senator Viktor Henry.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): 281,647,940,074.91 ///// 20,131.46 (USD) \\\\\ 752,000,000,000 ///// 53,751 (GC)

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 150,000 Personnel (65,000 Active/ 85,000 Reserve)
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) 80s Russian

Please list the branches of your military: Guslan National Army/Guslan Navy/ Guslan Air Force
How many active personnel are in each branch?: GNA(30,000) / GN(23,000) / GAF (12,000)
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Guslan National Army// Armor Divisions: 2 // Artillery Divisions: 1// Logistics Divisions: 2 // Infantry Divisions: 3 // \\\ Guslan Navy // Commissioned Cruisers: 2 // Commissioned Frigates: 6 // Commissioned Patrol Ships: 2 // Commissioned Coastal Defense Ships: 10 // Commissioned Destroyers: 6// Submarines: 1 In Construction // Logistics(Cargo) Ships: 3 // Fleets: 3 \\\ Guslan Air Force // Fighter Squadrons: 45 // Bomber Squadrons: 1 // Logsitical Squadrons: 5 \\\

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:
Military RP: Two A-15 Jets zipped past the Faracus Mountains, making slight course adjustments to their target. The exercise: Close Air Support. "Homebase, this is Zulu 1-1 coming up on target, five kilos out." Cpt. Deter said over comms, "Roger that, Zulu 1-1, Standby for Target flares." Homebased replied, readying the target Flares. Cpt. Deter and Lt. Eisen seperated their aircraft to their attack/strafing formation as they reach their target. "Zulu 1-1, Popping Target Flares. You have the greenlight for apprehension." In the distance, two flares popped up a hundred meters into the air, causing both aircraft to slow down to half-thrust, readying for attack. "Lieutenant, eyes steady, aim for the trails, and watch your altitude." Cpt Deter said calmly as he gripped his flight stick. Eisen adjusted his rudder ever-so-slightly to compensate. "Firing." he said, both aircraft firing their 20mm guns in a three second burst. They pulled opposite directions while popping flare after flare before forming up again, heading back to base. "Homebase, this is Zulu 1-1, can you confirm Target destruction?" he said in anticipation. This was Deter's first time training with a brand new pilot, and he wanted to make sure Eisen performed to the best of his ability. "Zulu 1-1, Confirmed Destruction, Tango Down. Zulu 1-2 seemed to ricochet debris into the Dummies. Final Score: 75. " Homebase replied, angering Deter slightly. "Copy That. We are RTB, Homebase. Will debrief Lieutenant Eisen on his performance." He responded. He looked over to the other Jet, "Lieutenant, this is going to be a long debrief, prepare yourself."
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Usually doing Issues, looking around the Forums. Since I haven't found a good RP Region yet I haven't been active on the current, But I will dedicate more time once I find one.

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) Geopolitically, I want to see Guslan in the political/Trade/Military Action front actively, but not too much. OOC Contributions, I want to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere with fellow players and make some good relationships.

Atlas has a policy that a nation has to be at least a month old before you can join. Do you have another nation which meets this requirement?
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

Grozav Inima wrote:
Guslan wrote:

Government & Economy

Military

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Atlas has a policy that a nation has to be at least a month old before you can join. Do you have another nation which meets this requirement?

I don't..... I haven't played my last nation for almost two years

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Guslan wrote:
Grozav Inima wrote:Atlas has a policy that a nation has to be at least a month old before you can join. Do you have another nation which meets this requirement?

I don't..... I haven't played my last nation for almost two years

What was the name of this nation if you remember?
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan wrote:
Guslan wrote:I don't..... I haven't played my last nation for almost two years

What was the name of this nation if you remember?

I think either Usbain or Uzbain

Acronius
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acronius » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Guslan wrote:
Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan wrote:What was the name of this nation if you remember?

I think either Usbain or Uzbain

https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... ion=Uzbain

This one?

THE UNION OF ACRONIAN KINGDOMS
President Jules Patry · Vice-President César Villeneuve · Minister of Internal Affairs Angus Moss
Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Pierre Marceau · Head of Parliament Michel Lancolf · Chief Justice George Proudfoot

AbCo · ADS · Atlas · IATA · IFC · IIWiki

Champions: Emperor's Cup II
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 65, Di Bradini Cup 36/U21 World Cup 57
Semifinals: NationStates Chess Classic I
Quarterfinals: Emperor's Cup I
Playoffs: World Cup 73

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Acronius wrote:
Guslan wrote:I think either Usbain or Uzbain

https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... ion=Uzbain

This one?

Yes!

Acronius
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acronius » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Great! You should meet the requirements, I think? ...Welcome in advance?

THE UNION OF ACRONIAN KINGDOMS
President Jules Patry · Vice-President César Villeneuve · Minister of Internal Affairs Angus Moss
Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Pierre Marceau · Head of Parliament Michel Lancolf · Chief Justice George Proudfoot

AbCo · ADS · Atlas · IATA · IFC · IIWiki

Champions: Emperor's Cup II
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 65, Di Bradini Cup 36/U21 World Cup 57
Semifinals: NationStates Chess Classic I
Quarterfinals: Emperor's Cup I
Playoffs: World Cup 73

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Acronius wrote:
Guslan wrote:Yes!

Great! You should meet the requirements, I think? ...Welcome in advance?

Do you want me to reapply with Usbain? Or do I get to keep this nation

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Guslan wrote:
Acronius wrote:Great! You should meet the requirements, I think? ...Welcome in advance?

Do you want me to reapply with Usbain? Or do I get to keep this nation

No its fine, as long as you have an older nation thats perfectly alright
Ill give you an RP prompt to check out your RPing skills if you dont mind
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Grozav Inima wrote:
Guslan wrote:Do you want me to reapply with Usbain? Or do I get to keep this nation

No its fine, as long as you have an older nation thats perfectly alright

Of course, Of course

Grozav Inima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grozav Inima » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 am

Guslan wrote:
Grozav Inima wrote:No its fine, as long as you have an older nation thats perfectly alright

Of course, Of course

A large violent riot has broken out in Heightford, protesting a recent government action which has left large portions of the population violently opposed to the state.
RP post as a riot policeman suppressing the riot however you see fit.
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC
Political Spergery

Guslan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Guslan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 am

Grozav Inima wrote:
Guslan wrote:Of course, Of course

A large violent riot has broken out in Heightford, protesting a recent government action which has left large portions of the population violently opposed to the state.

CPT. Arnold J. Price tightened his Riot gear as the SWAT APCs rolled up near the edge of the crowd. "Listen up! As you may already know, Rioters storm the streets, acts of violence and possible looting. We will form up immediately after departing this vehicle. Do not engage unless they engage first. Understood?" He said, a little shaken up. His mind was running a thousand miles an hour, never in his life thinking he would have to tame a riot. The doors to the APC slammed open, the roar of the crowd overwhelming. One by one the police stepped out of the APCs, immediately forming up in their signature spearhead formation.

"Citizens of Heightford, I am Captain Arnold Price. For the sake of the safety of others, I advise you return to your homes-" He said over a megaphone, narrowly dodging a can of beer. He snarled, barking orders to the others. Shields up, they moved forward towards the crowd before thinning out until they were walled up with their shields. For a few minutes, the police slowly crept nearer to the crowd, whom was becoming very aggressive throwing various objects at them. Arnold turned, "Get the Hornet's Nest." he said to one of his subordinates. A 'Joke' around the dept. about the RCADS (Riot Control And Deterrence System) would describe being hit with a nest of Hornets.

As they began setting it up, the crowd seemingly intensified, growing bolder by the minute. Arnold brought up the megaphone to his mouth to speak before a shot came from the crowd and went through one of the Officer's shields, thankfully hitting right on his kevlar vest. He grabbed the trigger for the Hornet's Nest and pressed it. A deafening pop was heard and two thousand tiny rubber pellets shot out of the device at nine hundred feet per second.

The crowd went silent for a few seconds before uproaring again, police moving in swiftly to make arrests. Some resisted heavily, but eventually gave in. Others were too hurt to resist and accepted the arrest, while even some managed to escape. Arnold assisted to the arrest of some, but ultimately oversaw the arrests. As things seemingly started to calm down, Arnold turned around to see the gunman pointing his gun at him. "This government will oppress its people no longer." The gunman said before firing two shots into Arnold. He dropped to the ground as officers tazed the gunman, subduing him. EMTs were called and Arnold was admitted into the hospital where he died from his injuries.

EDIT: Sorry, Mobile wasn't working so I had to wait until I got home to submit it
Last edited by Guslan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Guslan wrote:
Grozav Inima wrote:A large violent riot has broken out in Heightford, protesting a recent government action which has left large portions of the population violently opposed to the state.

CPT. Arnold J. Price tightened his Riot gear as the SWAT APCs rolled up near the edge of the crowd. "Listen up! As you may already know, Rioters storm the streets, acts of violence and possible looting. We will form up immediately after departing this vehicle. Do not engage unless they engage first. Understood?" He said, a little shaken up. His mind was running a thousand miles an hour, never in his life thinking he would have to tame a riot. The doors to the APC slammed open, the roar of the crowd overwhelming.

Is this a work in progress?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information