NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Region Sign-Up (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Motui Mateao
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Motui Mateao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 am

Tapoti Village, Lō Island
Ropi Wimana Motu i Mata Teao

(Federation of Motui Mateao)

----------------------------

Tapoti, population 41. A very small, even by Tanmotu standards, village on a small island about 60 km from Aetoratu Island. The island of Lō was known for its volcanic activity, and the small island was growing larger with every passing year. The volcano didn't really bother the residents of the island, since lava flows usually went down its western slopes, oftentimes giving the Tapoti warm pools of water to cleanse themselves in. The tropical trees adorned the eastern shores, thriving from the volcanic soil, giving the villagers a rich bounty of food and clean water. It was a simple life for those on Lō, but nobody complained about it.

However, population 41 was about to become population 0.

In the dark of night, the sun had only just set a few hours ago, the ground shook. Some villagers were already asleep, and some were enjoying the night and chatting amongst themselves in the fair weather. Those that were awake felt the rumblings of the earth god, Moru, and nervousness began to set in. These rumblings were a regular event amongst these people, and should give them no serious alarm, but recently, there were some landslides that they feared could level their homes. Shortly after, the Tapoti could see the skies glowing red above the volcano. They realized that this was going to be a loud night, and packed it in for the evening. Rana, the fire god, would pester Moru this night.

On the other side of the island, a meter wide river of lava streamed from the caldera rim and boiled the water at the bottom of the volcano. If there was anyone to observe it, they could see the western face of the volcanic slope begin to bulge. The river of lava began to slow and narrow, an indicator for what was about to happen. Sadly, for the residents on the other side of the volcano, they didn't get that warning.

It exploded. The entire west face of the volcano was thrown out into the air, speeding at the ocean at hundreds of miles an hour. The lava that sat in the caldera was propelled in the sky, looking like glowbugs from the village's perspective. Magma poured out from what remained of the volcano, creating lava flows that covered the island. The villagers had very little time to react, as those who were awake went outside to see what the cataclysmic noise was coming from. Rocks and lava bubbles rained from the sky and struck some villagers, instantly killing them. Population 37. Those that were sleeping were jolted awake, but had very little time to get outside. For those that were able to get out, as well as those who were already outside, they were soon suffocated by the noxious gases. Population 21. The rest were killed by the pyroclastic flows that formed from the ultra dense ash cloud hanging above the island. Population 0.

Soumeā, Aetoratu Island

Kenare Parihaka looked at the distant horizon, and saw the flashes of light amongst a cloud of gray that swallowed up the moonlight. Rana had succeeded. The fire god had thrown Moru into the air, defeating him. But that wasn't what Kenare was worried about. Rana had won, but like always, he would retreat to wherever it was that he came from. He was worried about Whawea's revenge, a great wave of water that doused the fires of the volcano, but also washed away anything around it. The waters would come from where the volcano was, and he hoped that there were enough islands to absorb the energy of the waves before they reached Soumeā. It seemed wicked of him to hope for that, since those on the islands in the way would surely die, but he wanted to make sure his capital was safe, and that as many people were alive as possible. Already, from the moment the explosion was seen, the national coast guard was mobilized.

This is where Kenare regretted not asking for ships of the Navy from the United Nations, but they had no hope of maintaining those. They would certainly be helpful right now, he thought. Helicopters that could be spared from the islands were sent out to the doomed villages, trying to airlift as many as they could. The government sent out distress calls to neighboring countries on the mainland, and hoped that their help would come soon enough. There had to be some international naval ships and helicopters that could join the effort. The wave would only be 60 km away, and that gave them very little time. The residents of Soumeā, the many thousands of them, ran and drove up into the forests and mountains, hoping that they would escape with their lives.

This would be a very dark night, indeed.
Last edited by Motui Mateao on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Welcome to Atlas!

President will TG the passcode when he's available! :)

Motui Mateao
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Shazbotdom Miroxia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 19, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Shazbotdom Miroxia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 pm

So,

I have been using NSTrackers to tweak numbers for my nation. Right now I have it set that my population is 800 Million with 1% within the military. Which brings my numbers to the following for my military.

Total Military: 836,000
Military Budget: B$ 121,552,477,200.00 (19%)
GDP: B$ 2,606,121,405,030.00
Total Active: 250,800
Total Reserves: 585,200

How does that sound?
Colony of The Shazbotdom Empire +6,450 from Jolt
Factbook + Q&A || Embassies v6.0 || ShazWeb || IIWiki
TWITTER/INSTAGRAM: TheShazMan999 || Fair Debates
DOES NOT MAINTAIN TELEGRAM BOX FOR THIS NATION!

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Shazbotdom Miroxia wrote:So,

I have been using NSTrackers to tweak numbers for my nation. Right now I have it set that my population is 800 Million with 1% within the military. Which brings my numbers to the following for my military.

How does that sound?

Did you mean 80 million? Because you would only have done .1% there.

19% of your GDP in defence is extremely high, the highest is like 8.7% IRL and its supported by freedom dollars, so idk. Other than those nitpicks, I see no issue with these numbers.

As for defence, if you want to draw up a rudimentary map location, I can help you advise the spending amount, if you so wish. :)
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Roski wrote:
Shazbotdom Miroxia wrote:So,

How does that sound?

Did you mean 80 million? Because you would only have done .1% there.

19% of your GDP in defence is extremely high, the highest is like 8.7% IRL and its supported by freedom dollars, so idk. Other than those nitpicks, I see no issue with these numbers.

As for defence, if you want to draw up a rudimentary map location, I can help you advise the spending amount, if you so wish. :)

That's odd. I told NSTracker to do 1%. Hmm, i'll have to check that. And i'll be playing this like an Empire, so it will be a bit militaristic, which is why the 19% thing. They'll be damn well trained. Almost everything else will be operated by the private sector in regards to a fair chunk of government responsibilities.

I still need to work everything out text wise, and i'm still working on the App. Just with a bunch of other things I have going on in RL as well as on here, it'll be a bit. But i'm working to get the app and all that stuff done as quick as possible.

And for my map location, I was looking at the map and was thinking that maybe I could have that peninsula that is directly west of Coldwater on that empty continent. Maybe wrap my inland boarder a couple hundred kilometers south of that lake right there?

I'd draw up a mock map, but I am on a Chromebook right now.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Assorro
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Assorro » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:26 am

Shazbotdom wrote:That's odd. I told NSTracker to do 1%.

Sorry for the confusion and the interruption, Shazbotdom. This should explain things a bit more and perhaps even prompt those of you interested towards voicing your opinions on the site so we can get things pulled together tight for all concerned in that regard.

Discussion: Military Eligibility Calculations
- T.F.N. Assorro
Founder of Absolution

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Assorro wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:That's odd. I told NSTracker to do 1%.

Sorry for the confusion and the interruption, Shazbotdom. This should explain things a bit more and perhaps even prompt those of you interested towards voicing your opinions on the site so we can get things pulled together tight for all concerned in that regard.

Oh it doesn't bother me. I'll just slightly adjust it and work with that. Maybe up that to 2% or so. GIve myself a little leeway in the matter. ;)
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Assorro wrote:Sorry for the confusion and the interruption, Shazbotdom. This should explain things a bit more and perhaps even prompt those of you interested towards voicing your opinions on the site so we can get things pulled together tight for all concerned in that regard.

Oh it doesn't bother me. I'll just slightly adjust it and work with that. Maybe up that to 2% or so. GIve myself a little leeway in the matter. ;)

Honestly, I would not recommend using that calculator and independently building your stats. If you wish, I am more than willing to help with an independent nation building.

Assorro
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Assorro » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Roski wrote:Honestly, I would not recommend using that calculator and independently building your stats.

Players do like making their own stats. Then again, players don't always have time or they just want to rp and/or they don't mind having references to go by. A rather old discussion I think for another time and/or thread, which I would gladly take part in mind you, though most still agree that having choice is a marvellous thing in any regard. It never really goes out of fashion and choice is precisely what players have.

Sorry for the jack folks. I'll just grab my root beer and quietly leave now. Stop by any time. Cheers.
Last edited by Assorro on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- T.F.N. Assorro
Founder of Absolution

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Assorro wrote:
Roski wrote:

Players do like making their own stats. Then again, players don't always have time or they just want to rp and/or they don't mind having references to go by. A rather old discussion I think for another time and/or thread, which I would gladly take part in mind you, though most still agree that having choice is a marvellous thing in any regard. It never really goes out of fashion and choice is precisely what players have.

Sorry for the jack folks. I'll just grab my root beer and quietly leave now. Stop by any time. Cheers.

Here ya go.

Shazbotdom Miroxia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Shazbotdom Miroxia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:06 pm

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS; PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT AS FINALIZED INFORMATION

OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: The Empire of Shazbotdom Miroxia
National Demonym: Shaz Miroxian
Nation Population: 800,000,000

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography:
The Empire has a temperate climate and is geographically located on a peninsula. The Empire has a diverse geography, which includes three mountains, five major rivers and several tributaries, prairies and arable land.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture:
The Shazonite people are the main ethnicity within the Empire. They originated from a culturally oppressed people within Western Europe who sailed away to find their own homeland. Other groups have immigrated into the Empire over the years, including Spanish, Italians and Bohemians. There are two subsets of the Shazonite People, but the cultures of the two groups are similar.

Please give a brief description of your national history:
Fleeing oppression within Europe, the Shazonite people set sail west and settled on the North American continent with the Vikings. After spending several years with them, they set sail into the open ocean and found the land that is now called Shazbotdom MIroxia. Setting up the first settlements along the shoreline, they eventually moved inland and founded Shazinberg, which would later become the capital of the Empire. Through numerous years, the people of the Empire have endured through thick and thin.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Shazinburg
What form of government does your nation have?: Parliamentary Monarchy
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s:
Head of State: Supreme Emperor Larry Williams
Head of Government: Prime Minister Stephanie F. Alridge
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Economic Centrist, Social Libertarian

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal):
GDP: B$1.782 Trillion
GDP per Capita: B$2,228.45

What is your nation’s economic system?: Mixed Market
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Growth
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: Black Dollar (B$ 6.4295 = $1)

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 1,672,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 19%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Modern Technology (2010-2020 range)

Please list the branches of your military:
Marine Corps: 250,020 Active - 585,200 Reserve
Standard Marines, Marine "BlackOps" Special Forces, Delta Program
Marine Air Corps: 150,480 Active; 351,120 Reserve
Varied squadrons; Bombers, Fighters, Transport, Close Air Support
Imperial Navy: 100,320 Active; 234,080 Reserve
Submerged and Surface battleGroups of varied types.

How many active personnel are in each branch?: (Above)
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy:
Marine Corps:
Standard Marines
Combat Division = 56,700 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Carbine, Battle Rifle and Squad Automatic Rifle Variants. M23-9 Pistol. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M81 Smoke Grenade.
CQB Division = 32,400 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Commando, and Personal Defensive Weapon variants. M23-9CM Pistol. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M81 Smoke Grenade.
Recon/Sniper Division = 16,200 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Designated Marsksman Rifle and Sniper Rifle Variants. M23-9 Pistol. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M81 Smoke Grenade.
AT/AA Division = 13,500 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Commando Variant. M23-9 Pistol. M7 Crew-Served Multipurpose Anti-Vehicle - Air Defense System. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M81 Smoke Grenade.
BlackOps Marines
Combat Division = 56,700 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Carbine and Battle Rifle Variants w/ Silencer. M23-9 Pistol w/ Silencer. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M77 Flashbang.
CQB Division = 32,400 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Commando and Personal Defense Weapon Variants w/ Silencer. M23-9CM Pistol w/ Silencer. M90 Fragmentation Grenade. M77 Flashbang.
Delta Marines
CQB Division = 42,120 Marines
Weapons include: M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle - Commando and Personal Defense Weapon Variants w/ Silencer. M23-9CM Pistol w/ Silencer. M77 Flashbang.
Marine Air Corps:
Imperial Navy:
Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

OOC & Offsite Information

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Alternate - Will become main Puppet for RPing in Atlas
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: This account? Not as much as my main. On NS Altogether? Roughly 10 to 15 hours a week.
Please describe your moderation history:
Very very little. I believe one 12 hour ban a few years ago for going off-topic in a presidential election thread, but that is about it, I believe. I can inquire via a GHR to the Mod Team if it is needed.

Do you have an IIWiki page? Working at making one for this nation. Will copy/paste stuff and edit it for this canon.
If so, what is the link?:

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: Not sure as of right now. But am willing to expand into whatever is needed.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.
Last edited by Shazbotdom Miroxia on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Merala
Envoy

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Merala » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 am

OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: The Supreme Directorate of Merala
National Demonym: Meralan
Nation Population: 16,932,747

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Merala is located on a mountainous plateau, with a cordillera to the north, which ends in a coastal valley, like most of the coast, an Alpine range to the north-east, a sierra to the south-west, that eventually connects to another range to the south. Most of Merala is on a mesa, with certain depressions and valleys. To the north, Merala has an oceanic climate, followed by a continental and a continental Mediterranean climate to the south. Merala is rich in rivers, lakes and reservoirs.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Castilian with Cantabrian, Riojan, and Manchegan elements (areas traditionally Castilian) and some Basque characteristics as well.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Born after the fall of the Lovarri, Merala first established itself as an aristocratic republic that purged all Lovarri nobles that were left. The republic relied on trade and exploration, discovering new routes, markets and products, for most of its existence until the XVII Century, when philosophers and political radicals launched a revolution against the aristocracy and created a new government called the Directorate. The Directorate ruled fairly, undoing any injustice and mistake done by the aristocracy and also abolished the country's central bank. The Directorate also industrialised Merala as mercantilism quickly became obsolete. However, the creation of political parties began to stir conflict in the government during the XX Century until it exploded in a civil conflict. The conflict was cut short as the military soon took power and reformed the government by abolishing political parties and limiting democracy, elements that are still present today.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Ardoz
What form of government does your nation have?: Unitary non-partisan, parliamentary, constitutional republic with thorough elements of direct democracy.
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: The Supreme Director is both the head of government and head of state. The current Director is Elías Govellanos.
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Extremely calm, although there's a political and cultural repression of left-wing political movements. Merala has no political parties.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $882 billion and $52,088
What is your nation’s economic system?: Capitalism
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Growth
[b]Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD:
1 Libra (ℒ) = $1.93

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?:507,982.41
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 1.9%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Modern day European, I might do a blend of technologies however, like the Malays do.

Please list the branches of your military: Army, Navy, Air Force, and Gendarmerie.
How many active personnel are in each branch?:
Army: 72,000
Air force: 13,500
Navy: 10,000
Gendarmerie: 6,000
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses)

Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to do this properly, and I hope it is not a problem.

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):

My roleplays were deleted when the The Royal Alliance's RMB was cleaned to display that one message.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

OOC & Offsite Information

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Nearly 24/7, but I am more active on weekends, I may or may not be active to 3 PM to 10 PM on weekdays.
Please describe your moderation history: Only one warning, but that was when I was ruder.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No but I'll create one soon.
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) Only time will tell.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.
EstadosUnidos Socialistas Meralenses
I am a:
Atlassian || Marxist-Leninist || Pan-Latinamericanist || Anti-Imperialist || Internationalist
#ValaranSoFab
I have had this account for a very long time, old views no longer my own and I am very embarrassed of them.

Greater Carloso
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Greater Carloso » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 am

Shaz, as much as I love you, your 800 million population is going to be a problem around these parts. :P

Merala, Roski will give you a scenario to RP.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CARLOSO
"Nation, sovereignty, unity"
SACTO SUPREME | 3rd place in Baptism of Fire 68 | RTC NEWS
MT (2024)

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 am

Merala, since we end up with lots of militaristic RPs, ans you don't seem to be particulalry large, try this:

Roski and Stasnov, the 2nd and 3rd most powerful nations in the world, respectively, have each lost over 200,000 lives over the small country of Dagelia in between. The state and would-be state, Dagelia and South Zevgoria, respectively, have been decimated, with no standing military for either of the two. With no end in sight, and literally no land gained by either side, Merala has been called to mediate in New Carlingford, Carloso. Please write up the setup and and the introduction of the talks, if you will :)

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:40 am

Roski wrote:Merala, since we end up with lots of militaristic RPs, ans you don't seem to be particulalry large, try this:

Roski and Stasnov, the 2nd and 3rd most powerful nations in the world, respectively, have each lost over 200,000 lives over the small country of Dagelia in between. The state and would-be state, Dagelia and South Zevgoria, respectively, have been decimated, with no standing military for either of the two. With no end in sight, and literally no land gained by either side, Merala has been called to mediate in New Carlingford, Carloso. Please write up the setup and and the introduction of the talks, if you will :)

I might add that both sides have threatened nuclear conflict recently, so there is some urgency, but I don't think it will change that much :)

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Merala sent the sample to me by TG, will post here if requested.

otherwise, accepted. Welcome to atlas.

Marcher States, I see you were already accepted. We will still have the question about stats, but that's cleared up.

Merala
Envoy

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Merala » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Posting here because it was requested.

It was a grim day in New Carlingford, the clouds created a grey skyline and the distressed winds gave an air of urgency. In spite of having 73 million people inhabiting both sides of the river Lear, there wasn't a lot of traffic for that morning. The Supreme Director was invited to mediate the sensible situation between two global titans: Roski and Stasnov. Their fight has costed thousands of lives and it threatened to grow to an atomic level, but not the level he or the world wanted to degenerate into.

Elías Govellanos stepped out of his car as his chauffeur opened the door for him, revealing an empty, yet heavily guarded parking lot in Kilimanjaro. The sun was rising, and the building received him with open doors, with no journalists present at the moment. "Thank God", Elías thought, as he made his way into the entrance. He was never fond of people asking him questions, specially when the fate of the world was on his hands.

As his steps echoed through the halls of the reception as he searched for the conference room of the glass tower. The skyscraper felt alien to him, as he and most of his compatriots were used to century-old buildings or recent constructions that resembled said edifices. Elías made his way to the floor through the stairs, as he disliked elevators. It was a long climb but he eventually found the correct floor. He walked towards the doors and slid the card through the slot next to the door as the red light turned green and slightly opened, the doors revealing the room as he pushed it.

The room was massive, with large windows that gave an exclusive view of New Kilindini Harbour, with a small round table in the centre, accompanied with comfortable chairs, there were two televisions mounted in the walls, some sofas scattered, surrounding several tables, a small library on the corner and three doors, one that lead to the lavatory, another to a bedroom, closed in the meantime, and the other to the balcony.

Elías sat on a chair of the table, facing the two doors that act as the main entrance to the room, whilst waiting for Premier Krasnov and President Maksimov to arrive. He set his arms in prayer, hoping that everything turns out well.
EstadosUnidos Socialistas Meralenses
I am a:
Atlassian || Marxist-Leninist || Pan-Latinamericanist || Anti-Imperialist || Internationalist
#ValaranSoFab
I have had this account for a very long time, old views no longer my own and I am very embarrassed of them.

Shazbotdom Miroxia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Shazbotdom Miroxia » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Greater Carloso wrote:Shaz, as much as I love you, your 800 million population is going to be a problem around these parts. :P

Yeah, but y'all know that I don't deploy massive amounts of troops. In fact, I am re-working my military numbers drastically in the manner that they will be broken down into about 5 or 6 different levels. But, I can drop it a bit. Just have to do some more re-working on the numbers. Dammit.

Edit:
I am willing to go down to 600 Million, but not any lower than that.
Last edited by Shazbotdom Miroxia on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:38 pm

Shazbotdom Miroxia wrote:
Greater Carloso wrote:Shaz, as much as I love you, your 800 million population is going to be a problem around these parts. :P

Yeah, but y'all know that I don't deploy massive amounts of troops. In fact, I am re-working my military numbers drastically in the manner that they will be broken down into about 5 or 6 different levels. But, I can drop it a bit. Just have to do some more re-working on the numbers. Dammit.

Edit:

That's still pretty high, and you will most likely face significant resistance in therms of letting you have such a population from Atlassians.
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Nevermind then.

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Shazbotdom Miroxia wrote:

Edit:

If you aren't willing to abide by community norms of population and realism, then the community has no obligation to accommodate you. If it'd be "too hard for you to revise your stats," which I do not see as a valid reason (having done the same myself, dozens of times, with accounts with 10-11 billion + population) then you seek another region.

Joining Atlas, or any RP region for that matter, is a privilege; not a favor.

Trus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Trus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey there. I interested in joining this region because i have rp'd with Cinoth and Woodstovia before.
However i am still re-inventing my current mains "Trus" and "Virgo_IV". Are there any "roles" that need filling? because i would be happy to fill them.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Trus wrote:Hey there. I interested in joining this region because i have rp'd with Cinoth and Woodstovia before.
However i am still re-inventing my current mains "Trus" and "Virgo_IV". Are there any "roles" that need filling? because i would be happy to fill them.

Minor powers. We are in desperate need of nations who can't send carrier fleets across the planet at a whim. If you're willing to RP a state like the Latin American states, we'd love it.

Please, no more slavs and arabs

please

for the love of god

Trus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Trus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:26 pm

So would a European-esqe (culture wise) constitutional monarchy, that is somewhat conservative, religious and xenophobic be alright? I'm fine with the minor power thing.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Trus wrote:So would a European-esqe (culture wise) constitutional monarchy, that is somewhat conservative, religious and xenophobic be alright? I'm fine with the minor power thing.

That would be quite alright. What type of european?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information