NATION

PASSWORD

Your Military size?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fisenesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Fisenesia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:24 pm

24,131,312 people are registered to control war machines through a virtual reality network in a time of war. Citizens with basic VR training are told to report to their nearest VR Center when war is declared. They then use a virtual reality system to control machines that can attack enemy nations without the citizens ever leaving Fisenesia. If a machine is damaged beyond working, the citizen can simply switch control to a new machine, preventing casualties.

The closest things to Fisenesian soldiers in the normal sense is our spies, espionage agents, and counter-espionage agents. Fisenesia currently has around 8,400 fully trained espionage agents operating outside of Fisenesia right now. Anyone could be a Fisenesian spy......

Lelouche
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lelouche » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Allied Governments wrote:
Lelouche wrote:
Lelouche wrote:
Gc1mak wrote:It is a completely different thing since my nation is larger then them, you do understand that right? This is a militarized Nationstate.

I did the math. 1.1 billion, with 7 million active, is to large to realistically train a force (more elite than the most elite) at some point you hit the wall of physical size, and percentages don't matter. only X amount of supplies, can land at Y airstrips, in Z hours, regardless of budget. further more only A Boot camps, can train B soldiers, in C time. even if you up the time table, you reduce quality. if you lower the time table, you increase quality, but decrease quantity

fairly basic algebra as applied to logistics..it's not rocket science...all though to achieve the goals you set for your military, you would need rocket scientists, simply to work as quartermasters

To be honest, I like RPing with a total Armed Forces of around, say, 4-3 million.

While that to me is extremely realistic, the problem lay with the fact that larger, more nasty nations simply don't care.

So when I fight people like, say, you, I'd RP having the 3-4 million amount, but when I'm RPing with the figurative Big Dogs, I usually have around 50 million (including Non-Combat Personnel in both numbers.)

1% is all I equip for a standing army, and that assumes rigid discipline and training, given a high military budget. that would currently be 140,000 troops

if it is a total war scenario, I have a reserve number, roughly 10% of population for me and even then, given my population, that's taking the men out of the factories and sending them to the front lines

if you took 3-4 against say my homeland....you would still crush me, regardless of how well trained I might be....only insurgence and gorilla warfare would settle at that point

luckily I have defensive alliance

Doing the math, my nation would have an Armed Forces of around 5 million if it had .2% of the population in the Military.

However, I do spend around 28 Trillion dollars for my Annual Defense Budget, I wonder how that would factor in.

you reached the budget calculation how? I use http://www.sunsetrpg.com/economystatist ... n=Lelouche to do mine...it gives me favorable results

at 0.2 percent, you can certainly train the most efficient army imaginable...at 5 million you still have major logistics problems....although 28 Trillion is a huge number....what is your pop? I haven't looked it up
Gun control is for wimps and commies.

Let's get one thing straight: guns don't kill people.... I do.

Lelouche
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lelouche » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Gc1mak wrote:It also depend on how established a nation's military is, a nation that is established one year ago in RP situation can't get that much elite soldiers. Soldier retire and I surely know of that, but fact is that the more established your military is, the more elite soldier you can afford without having high expensve. Did a calculation and indeed I can had 15 millions troops with US style training. I had a military budget of around 3 trillions, therefore I can afford 15 millions troops with US style training and equipments, but that TOTAL number of 15 millions include logistic and etc. In order to make my active force more elite then US, I gave up superior training for my reserve and instead reduced their training to equip and train my acitve better. I admit I made a mistake in reserve by mixing training with equipment. Sorry for that.

I'm willing to accept (although your numbers are still far to large to sustain a proper training program) that your reservists would be less than (US) as standard, if you instead focused on making your standing higher than (US) standard...however at 7 million troops you still encounter the logistics problem, it is still only feasible to move so much material, across so much territory is such little time. you have the physical boundaries of time and space to compete with, and they don't budge, no matter how much money you throw at them.

further more...if you Military is exceeding 2% of your population, I would calculate Economic ruin into your mix

However I could just be full of hot air

as it stands I can't fight with the little dogs...to tiny

Gc1mak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gc1mak » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:39 pm

I know, my nation got a really bad navy ( Although I am adding a super battalship to it, muhahaha) and below average air force. So the logistic problem are right, my power projection power are no where near the US, my military focus on the land and now also lean toward air, but navy will only be augmented by adding some nationstate equipments and nothing else.

Grandtaria
Minister

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandtaria » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Our 3 largest citys have 100,000,000 each due to goverment relocation. These are the only citys with Milita. In each city 50% percent are men and 50% of those can fight so i have 75,000,000 Millita. (Yes i think only men sould be able to join the ranks :p .) Also on top of that there are 25,000,000 enlisted Men spread out of 5 catagorys: Army ,Navy ,Airforce ,Royal Gaurd, and Colonization forces. (Yes I also think colonization and the removel native populations are ethical ideals :p .)
Thats during wartime. During peace the Milita disbands.

Have a good day.
Last edited by Grandtaria on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Putting his foot in it since 2009.
Me talking to Reploid Productions
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

I just have to say this and its worth possible spam warning, for its gone too long unsaid: "I defeat your Banhammer with my ignore cannon!"

My nattering with Vipra:
Vipra wrote:Heh, I remember when I had a nasty lung infection. Had to get shots in the ass every couple days for two weeks, and not the fun kind of shots in the ass that involve a busty nurse with an ominous bulge in her uniform.

Grandtaria Factbook (Absolutely outdated.)
Please disreguard everything I have said, reguarding politics before 2012. I have matured since then. I was a bigot and I am deeply sorry.

Gc1mak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gc1mak » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Since your are militia, I assume they are poorly armed guy not trained but only called upon during homeland defence right?

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:49 pm

The standing army is around 4 million in size, with much of the male population as reserves due to conscription.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Lelouche wrote:
Lelouche wrote:
Lelouche wrote:
Gc1mak wrote:It is a completely different thing since my nation is larger then them, you do understand that right? This is a militarized Nationstate.

I did the math. 1.1 billion, with 7 million active, is to large to realistically train a force (more elite than the most elite) at some point you hit the wall of physical size, and percentages don't matter. only X amount of supplies, can land at Y airstrips, in Z hours, regardless of budget. further more only A Boot camps, can train B soldiers, in C time. even if you up the time table, you reduce quality. if you lower the time table, you increase quality, but decrease quantity

fairly basic algebra as applied to logistics..it's not rocket science...all though to achieve the goals you set for your military, you would need rocket scientists, simply to work as quartermasters

To be honest, I like RPing with a total Armed Forces of around, say, 4-3 million.

While that to me is extremely realistic, the problem lay with the fact that larger, more nasty nations simply don't care.

So when I fight people like, say, you, I'd RP having the 3-4 million amount, but when I'm RPing with the figurative Big Dogs, I usually have around 50 million (including Non-Combat Personnel in both numbers.)

1% is all I equip for a standing army, and that assumes rigid discipline and training, given a high military budget. that would currently be 140,000 troops

if it is a total war scenario, I have a reserve number, roughly 10% of population for me and even then, given my population, that's taking the men out of the factories and sending them to the front lines

if you took 3-4 against say my homeland....you would still crush me, regardless of how well trained I might be....only insurgence and gorilla warfare would settle at that point

luckily I have defensive alliance

Doing the math, my nation would have an Armed Forces of around 5 million if it had .2% of the population in the Military.

However, I do spend around 28 Trillion dollars for my Annual Defense Budget, I wonder how that would factor in.

you reached the budget calculation how? I use http://www.sunsetrpg.com/economystatist ... n=Lelouche to do mine...it gives me favorable results

at 0.2 percent, you can certainly train the most efficient army imaginable...at 5 million you still have major logistics problems....although 28 Trillion is a huge number....what is your pop? I haven't looked it up

2.628 Billion.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Aveasta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aveasta » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Aveasta's military is very small and doesn't play much of a part in international affairs. However, the leader of the military is highly regarded for his participation in defending Aveasta in the 10-years-war, and is the proud, main guardian of Aveasta's ruler, Princess Aurelia.
Political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Docky
Envoy

Founded: Feb 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Docky » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:56 am

60 million out of a 3 billion population
Sporting Achievments
Hosted Inauguaral Pool World Cup
NS World Cup 49 entree
World Cup of Hockey 10 Group C 6th Place
Baptism of Iron 3 Quarter-Finalist
Futsal World Cup 2 Quarter-Finalist
World Bowl VIII 30th place
Rugby World Cup 14 Group 6 6th place
Nationstates Indy Car Championship entree (Eric Yvon)
7th Handball World Cup 4th Place
First Soccer International friendly vs Mount Kip 1-3

Skibereen
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Skibereen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:26 am

Regular Peace Time numbers stay around 110,000,000(1%) of the populace +/- .02% .
argumentum ad logicam, seriously think about it.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison
First in line for the pie in the sky

Ocasnia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ocasnia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:11 am

Read it at our factbook (in the signature)
Things buyed:
152 BergBucks Coffee stores
TPTelevision

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

Swedex
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swedex » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 am

0. why should we have a military? let someone else defend us. That's why the motto of our non-existant military is "I don't want to get up, you get up for me"

Grandtaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandtaria » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Gc1mak wrote:Since your are militia, I assume they are poorly armed guy not trained but only called upon during homeland defence right?

You are 2/3rds right, But since we are a world leader in arms making they are all given the latest arms and armor. Abit like merchant millita eh? :)
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

I just have to say this and its worth possible spam warning, for its gone too long unsaid: "I defeat your Banhammer with my ignore cannon!"

My nattering with Vipra:
Vipra wrote:Heh, I remember when I had a nasty lung infection. Had to get shots in the ass every couple days for two weeks, and not the fun kind of shots in the ass that involve a busty nurse with an ominous bulge in her uniform.

Please disreguard everything I have said, reguarding politics before 2012. I have matured since then. I was a bigot and I am deeply sorry.

Vietnam Empire
Envoy

Founded: Feb 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vietnam Empire » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:12 pm

The Vietnam Empire has a total of 48,180,000 million total manpower in all military branches. The numbers of manpower per branch will remain classified, until the updated number is confirmed by the Head of State...
Vietnam Empire Embassy | Vietnam Empire Factbook Ver. 2 | Vietnam Empire Military (Version 1.0)
President Hans Ly | P.M. Richard Dinh | Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade – -----
Supernational Membership: Workers' International
MILCON(Military Condition) | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |--Peacetime
| Nuclear Watch | Ϙ | Ϡ | Ϛ | Ξ | ----Peacetime

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Grandtaria wrote:
Gc1mak wrote:Since your are militia, I assume they are poorly armed guy not trained but only called upon during homeland defence right?

You are 2/3rds right, But since we are a world leader in arms making they are all given the latest arms and armor. Abit like merchant millita eh? :)

You are not a World Leader in Arms Manufacturing, if that was the case I'm a fucking God at making weapons.

Verzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm

3,000,000 strong (see signature) but our army's' special weapons would basically crush an army of up to 10,000,000, but we are part of an alliance, so we are very secure.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Verzia wrote:3,000,000 strong (see signature) but our army's' special weapons would basically crush an army of up to 10,000,000, but we are part of an alliance, so we are very secure.

There comes a point in terms of Quality and Quantity where having the best weapons in return for a smaller army is actually a detriment.

Illithar
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Illithar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm

During peactime, it would be at about 2-3% of the total population. I don't feel like doing math.
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht. "Man plans, God laughs"
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
FactBook of Illithar

Slazenagara
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazenagara » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Mine is a total of 19,000,000
The Kingdom of Slazenagara
| Judea l Embassy l

DEFCON: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Current Leader: King Christian IX

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:04 pm

91000 spread among the Kriegsmarine, Waffen, Luftwaffe, and Panzers Core.
300 in the special forces FlugerWaffa
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Grandtaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandtaria » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:02 pm

Grandtaria wrote:

You are not a World Leader in Arms Manufacturing, if that was the case I'm a fucking God at making weapons.

It says that we were a powerhouse in Arms Manufacturing :) . And please dont swear like a bloody fool. >:(
Last edited by Grandtaria on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My nattering with Vipra:

Lelouche
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lelouche » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Verzia wrote:3,000,000 strong (see signature) but our army's' special weapons would basically crush an army of up to 10,000,000, but we are part of an alliance, so we are very secure.

There comes a point in terms of Quality and Quantity where having the best weapons in return for a smaller army is actually a detriment.

well three million is more believable elite forces than say 7 million, because of the point I made about pracitcal logistics

however the opposite holds true as well

There Comes a point in terms of Quality and Quantity where having the most men doesn't mean anything if they don't know how to fight

I am reminded of this

Basically it is better to have a Tactically superior smaller force, than a Strategically superior Large force

Smaller forces are simply more mobile and capable

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Fisenesia wrote:24,131,312 people are registered to control war machines through a virtual reality network in a time of war. Citizens with basic VR training are told to report to their nearest VR Center when war is declared. They then use a virtual reality system to control machines that can attack enemy nations without the citizens ever leaving Fisenesia. If a machine is damaged beyond working, the citizen can simply switch control to a new machine, preventing casualties.

The closest things to Fisenesian soldiers in the normal sense is our spies, espionage agents, and counter-espionage agents. Fisenesia currently has around 8,400 fully trained espionage agents operating outside of Fisenesia right now. Anyone could be a Fisenesian spy......

Why would you spy on my nation? NOTHING HAPPENS HERE!!!
Except for (lowers voice) nuke testing, weapons building, superweapon building, etc.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Vidaly
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vidaly » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Vidaly has a Self Defense Force of 1 million to defend the nation in case of a foreign attack.

Article 12 of our constitution forbids war and Vidaly will never use its forces for international expeditions.
VIDALY'S VITALS
Population Close to 200 Million
GDP 4.6 %
Head of State President Gore Vidal (Libertarian Left coalition)
Future looks bright!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information