NATION

PASSWORD

NS Infantry discussion thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Black Hand wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:So in the Military Realism thread (or was it this one?) a couple people talked to me about ricin bullets. I think Goddess Sen even mentioned having hollowpoint incendiary rounds with the ricin inside the bullet reservoir (or whatever the empty chamber thing is called). Apparently a single round could potentially hold a lethal dose of ricin.

So, hollowpoint ricin bullets, y/n?

Arsenic.
it'll be easier.

Is there even any point to having Arsenic bullets? My guess is it would be too expensive to use and would endanger your own soldiers for no real advantage. It would probably leave quite the nasty mess wherever the bullets hit too.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:Arsenic.
it'll be easier.

Is there even any point to having Arsenic bullets? My guess is it would be too expensive to use and would endanger your own soldiers for no real advantage. It would probably leave quite the nasty mess wherever the bullets hit too.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a great idea, especially if there was an incidence of friendly fire or civilians being hit by stray rounds.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:09 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:So in the Military Realism thread (or was it this one?) a couple people talked to me about ricin bullets. I think Goddess Sen even mentioned having hollowpoint incendiary rounds with the ricin inside the bullet reservoir (or whatever the empty chamber thing is called). Apparently a single round could potentially hold a lethal dose of ricin.

No.

Ricin is difficult to manufacture and, while lethal, is just totally pointless with the advent of shooting people.

However, Georgi Markov was assassinated in the United Kingdom by the 5th Directorate of the Bulgarian Komitet za darzhavna sigurnost (Committee for State Security) using an umbrella rigged to fire a small diameter payload pellet containing Ricin into his leg at a muzzle velocity of about 300 m/s with a CO2 charge. The also attempted this on Vladimir Kostov, another journalist living in Paris. Outside that and being really cool on Breaking Bad, Ricin is really a very touchy and difficult thing to work with. Its highly lethal, so much so that inhaling it or getting it on your skin is considered a hazard. Even in full CBRN Gear, Ricin is insanely dangerous. It also is extremely difficult to solidify, so much so that the pellet the Bulgarians used didn't even have solid-state, packed Ricin, but rather a powdered form encapsulated in a pellet that would break down in his system.

For reference: A does of 1.496Mg of Ricin is considered lethal to an adult human weighing 68kg (formula: .001(22*x)=Mass, in mg, required to kill human, where X= weight of human in kilograms). The Bulgarians Ricin payload was, IIRC, 4.0mg

I really am not doing myself any favors getting off the watch lists by talking about how I know this stuff.

Kouralia wrote:*Insert Puzikas Hipster Orgy Quote Here*

What, you dont have it copy-and-pasted into a file pinned to your task bar at all times by now like me?

Puzikas wrote:The more I think about it the more I realize everyone here is a giant fucking hipster.

This thread is a hipster orgy.

In this case I am the hipster. Like I said: Everyone is a hipster.
Last edited by Puzikas on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Black Hand wrote:

Arsenic.
it'll be easier.

Asbestos, imagine the health and safety the other side will have to enforce.
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Puzikas wrote:I really am not doing myself any favors getting off the watch lists by talking about how I know this stuff.

This is a forum where a bunch of us have talked about our knowledge to create and use explosives and firearms. Not to mention sundry other things that probably don't help any of us when it comes to watch lists. Embrace it and hope that they don't actually do anything about us crazies.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Puzikas wrote:

No.

Ricin is difficult to manufacture and, while lethal, is just totally pointless with the advent of shooting people.

However, Georgi Markov was assassinated in the United Kingdom by the 5th Directorate of the Bulgarian Komitet za darzhavna sigurnost (Committee for State Security) using an umbrella rigged to fire a small diameter payload pellet containing Ricin into his leg at a muzzle velocity of about 300 m/s with a CO2 charge. The also attempted this on Vladimir Kostov, another journalist living in Paris. Outside that and being really cool on Breaking Bad, Ricin is really a very touchy and difficult thing to work with. Its highly lethal, so much so that inhaling it or getting it on your skin is considered a hazard. Even in full CBRN Gear, Ricin is insanely dangerous. It also is extremely difficult to solidify, so much so that the pellet the Bulgarians used didn't even have solid-state, packed Ricin, but rather a powdered form encapsulated in a pellet that would break down in his system

This.
Plus the fact that as a metal arsenic would be easier to work with. I Use arsenic casings on certain explosive munitions to poison soil. And it might work for other purposes
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Coltarin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
No.

However, Georgi Markov was assassinated in the United Kingdom by the 5th Directorate of the Bulgarian Komitet za darzhavna sigurnost (Committee for State Security) using an umbrella rigged to fire a small diameter payload pellet containing Ricin into his leg at a muzzle velocity of about 300 m/s with a CO2 charge. The also attempted this on Vladimir Kostov, another journalist living in Paris. Outside that and being really cool on Breaking Bad, Ricin is really a very touchy and difficult thing to work with. Its highly lethal, so much so that inhaling it or getting it on your skin is considered a hazard. Even in full CBRN Gear, Ricin is insanely dangerous. It also is extremely difficult to solidify, so much so that the pellet the Bulgarians used didn't even have solid-state, packed Ricin, but rather a powdered form encapsulated in a pellet that would break down in his system

This.
Plus the fact that as a metal arsenic would be easier to work with. I Use arsenic casings on certain explosive munitions to poison soil. And it might work for other purposes

poison bullets are stupid. The only poisoning your target should die from is lead poisoning.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Coltarin wrote:
Black Hand wrote:
This.

poison bullets are stupid. The only poisoning your target should die from is lead poisoning.

never said it was a good idea, i simply have a arsenic fragmentation liner on select aerial munitions, he wants poison bullets, so I gave him a better way.

on the topic of ammunition magnesium cored, API rounds to lighten the weight and possibly and some way add to the incendiary effects. and how hot do mortar tubes get? and what would be better aluminium or magnesium ones?
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Austrattia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrattia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Austrattian Soldats are fitted with a traditional WW1-WW2 era designed armor with many enhancements. More protection, light weight, protection from all environments, etc.

A traditional Ausstratian Exercitum Korps soldat

Their equipment may come in varieties but is mostly limited due to the large engagement of trench warfare they specialize in.

Equipment Diagram (Exercitum Korps)

Equipment Diagram (Ingeniarius Korps)

Squad Uniforms

Before a battle, the Ingeniarius Korps plots out a battle map, to provide the commander or troops with as an aid

Battle Map (From Operation: Apollo, I'm Burning)
Tнe Empire Оf Aц$тґaттїa

For The Lord Emperor

His Royal Emperor And Her Royal Empress hereby welcome all embassies of any decent

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Coltarin wrote:poison bullets are stupid. The only poisoning your target should die from is lead poisoning.

never said it was a good idea, i simply have a arsenic fragmentation liner on select aerial munitions, he wants poison bullets, so I gave him a better way.

on the topic of ammunition magnesium cored, API rounds to lighten the weight and possibly and some way add to the incendiary effects. and how hot do mortar tubes get? and what would be better aluminium or magnesium ones?

Isn't magnesium more of a fire hazard or something?

That said, I'd go for aluminum.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Cupronickel bullets ftw
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Bezombia wrote:Cupronickel bullets ftw

Very useful for those who store their ammunition in seawater.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Cupronickel bullets ftw

And the japanese. Apparently the first loadings of 6.8 Arisaka used cupronickel bullets.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

And the japanese. Apparently the first loadings of 6.8 Arisaka used cupronickel bullets.

That's because they are surrounded by the sea.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

Aren't we all?
Well the the metaphorical sense.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

Aren't we all?
Well the the metaphorical sense.

The Japanese Mainland is 200-something kilometers at it's widest. Most of it's air is sea air.

It's not like they had the best storage facilities during WWII anyway.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
Black Hand wrote:never said it was a good idea, i simply have a arsenic fragmentation liner on select aerial munitions, he wants poison bullets, so I gave him a better way.

Isn't magnesium more of a fire hazard or something?

That said, I'd go for aluminum.

I wouldn't use aluminum for anything that launches a projectile. There is a reason why the AR-15 has a steel barrel and chamber.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:27 pm

All this talk of Japanese service cartridges in the second world war has got me thinking.

would a modernized (read: better bullets & powders, very little other changes) 7.7x58 make for a good modern not308 Winchester cartridge?

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Bezombia wrote:All this talk of Japanese service cartridges in the second world war has got me thinking.

would a modernized (read: better bullets & powders, very little other changes) 7.7x58 make for a good modern not308 Winchester cartridge?

What's wrong with using 7.62mm NATO anyways?

The Nuclear Fist
Post Czar

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Fist » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:There are three things to consider here, though: Is arsenic cheaper to manufacture, is it easier to handle, and is it deadlier/at least as deadly?

I figure if the answers to two of those questions are 'yes', then I'd go with that. Ricin doesn't absorb through the skin well, so accidental overexposure to ricin can be kept at a minimum through changing clothes regularly and wearing gloves. It is also cheap to manufacture and has been for decades, and the amount of ricin one can put in a bullet is more than enough to kill.

You're aware that just inhaling a minute dose of ricin is lethal, right?

Yes. That's why it's inside the bullet.
[23:24] <Marquesan> I have the feeling that all the porn videos you watch are like...set to Primus' music, Ulysses.
Farnhamia wrote:You're getting a little too fond of the jerkoff motions.
And you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses. . .
THE ABSOLUTTM MADMAN ESCAPES JUSTICE ONCE MORE

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Bezombia wrote:All this talk of Japanese service cartridges in the second world war has got me thinking.

The only thing wrong with using 7.62x51mm is not using 7.65x50mm.

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:
You're aware that just inhaling a minute dose of ricin is lethal, right?

Yes. That's why it's inside the bullet.

Anything that can kill you, will kill you. If it can kill you and those around you that quickly with the very smallest of mistakes, don't use it.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:What's wrong with using 7.62mm NATO anyways?

The hell?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Well, nothing, but it's always good to have competition right?
And wouldn't it theoretically perform better, with a larger case capacity?

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Bezombia wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:What's wrong with using 7.62mm NATO anyways?

Well, nothing, but it's always good to have competition right?
And wouldn't it theoretically perform better, with a larger case capacity?

At the cost of recoil, no.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

The hell?

I don't know. Ignore.

Actually, that reminds me. I'm going to go fiddle with that calculator thing of ballistics and see how my cartridge does. Anyone got a link?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information