NATION

PASSWORD

NS Infantry discussion thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Black Hand wrote:Current Model for the New Assassins/ commando Knife. It's not really shaded yet. only a little bit.
the Reason for the green tinge is Tiberium added during the forging process. This makes the knives extremely difficult to manufacture, restricting their use to elite units.

(Image)

Widen it and you can use it as a combat shovel.

Besides Commando use Railguns or Lasers.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Coltarin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 pm

German-Spanish Empire wrote:The most common weapon used in the GSE Armed forces is the Heckler and Koch while the secondary is the .44 Revolver. Our infantrymen look like This.

Nope
Nope
ok

You want to issue a rifle, a suppressed SMG will get you no where. A single soldier with a DMR could kill an entire platoon of your troops. Also ditch the revolver, compaired to a semi auto they're slower, have smaller capacities and are heavier. You'll want to issue a .45 or a 9mm to specialized roles like artillery, snipers, gunners and anti tank guys.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Black Hand wrote:Current Model for the New Assassins/ commando Knife. It's not really shaded yet. only a little bit.
the Reason for the green tinge is Tiberium added during the forging process. This makes the knives extremely difficult to manufacture, restricting their use to elite units.

(Image)

it depends on the commando type :P
This is for the stealthy kind, think less commando's more of covert combat teams. When it needs to stay quiet.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

it depends on the commando type :P
This is for the stealthy kind, think less commando's more of covert combat teams. When it needs to stay quiet.

Are you NOD or GDI? Cause what ever the Shadow Team's use is amazing
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Black Hand wrote:it depends on the commando type :P

.....really? Black Hand is Nod, I RP a Realistic version of it. And yes this is for Shadow Teams, and I have them for the same stuff canonically instead off in game stuff.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

.....really? Black Hand is Nod, I RP a Realistic version of it. And yes this is for Shadow Teams, and I have them for the same stuff canonically instead off in game stuff.

It looks like they are using flechete guns honestly

... I knew that. Also why u no use stealth tech? It's the only reason NOD is so dangerous.
Last edited by Yes Im Biop on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Black Hand wrote:.....really? Black Hand is Nod, I RP a Realistic version of it. And yes this is for Shadow Teams, and I have them for the same stuff canonically instead off in game stuff.

It looks like they are using flechete guns honestly

... I knew that. Also why u no use stealth tech? It's the only reason NOD is so dangerous.

Which Is why I RP, a Tiberian Dawn style Black Hand, Stealth and all, but also engage in conventional warfare like Tiberium Wars Black Hand.
(Kane's Wrath Black Hand are stupid as shit, I don;'t restrict the tech at all, If it's allowed By Kane than it's okay)
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

It's like MMW all over again.

Just with 100% more circle jerking over "manliness"
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Premislyd wrote:It's like MMW all over again.

It's like Prem v2 with 100% more snark.
Be constructive, Or leave. your choice.
It's page 30, and I'd like it to live to see 500.
Last edited by Black Hand on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm

More like "we're tired of getting ushered back on topic about guns, so let's just make the off topic stuff on topic."

I mean why adapt your posting to fit the rules when you can adapt the rules to fit your posting? amirite?
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm

If only it were actual manliness. >:

Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Galla- wrote:

close enough i guess
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Bezombia wrote:

More like "we're tired of getting ushered back on topic about guns, so let's just make the off topic stuff on topic."

I mean why adapt your posting to fit the rules when you can adapt the rules to fit your posting? amirite?

Sorta the though Process when I made this. since it's kinds what MMW became anyways, and a lot slipped through te cracks into Military realism, It seemed like a good idea, I mean it's still about 85% firearms, but now half the shit that was posted in MMW actually belongs here.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Galla- wrote:

(Image)

close enough i guess

Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Galla- wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
(Image)

close enough i guess

Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Could we spoiler the pics that "lament" the lack of manliness in this thread?

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:50 pm

The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:
Tule wrote:I'm not Ulfr, but I'll show you this anyway.

Nice.

Aqizithiuda wrote:Then you'd still need to show the gas tube.

Right...

With your present version of the rifle, how do you access the trigger group/mag well/rear end of the rifle for cleaning and inspection?

To access the trigger group you would remove the rear sling pin and buttplate.
To access the magazine... thing, you would remove the two pins, and either pull everything out from the bottom, or pull everything out from the top. It should be able to stay together as one unit... I think.

Seem semi-legit?

I think something more like the SAR-21 (see the Forgotten Weapons YouTube page for a video of the dissembly) would work better with this.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Coltarin wrote:
German-Spanish Empire wrote:The most common weapon used in the GSE Armed forces is the Heckler and Koch while the secondary is the .44 Revolver. Our infantrymen look like This.

Nope
Nope
ok

You want to issue a rifle, a suppressed SMG will get you no where. A single soldier with a DMR could kill an entire platoon of your troops. Also ditch the revolver, compaired to a semi auto they're slower, have smaller capacities and are heavier. You'll want to issue a .45 or a 9mm to specialized roles like artillery, snipers, gunners and anti tank guys.

Silenced SMG as your army's primary weapon works if you equip it with an underbarrel shotgun and grenade launcher, six flashlights, two laser sights, tactical red dot sights an strap an AK-47 to it.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Silenced SMG as your army's primary weapon works if you equip it with an underbarrel shotgun and grenade launcher, six flashlights, two laser sights, tactical red dot sights an strap an AK-47 to it.

This one. This one is going places.
*opens incinerator chute*

Aqizithiuda wrote:
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:Nice.

I've seen that video. It was pretty cool.
I'll look into it tomorrow.
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Armor piercing sword bayonets eh? Hmmmmmmm...................................... well, dash it all, I've got an idea.

Alright, science has proven Damascus steel to essentially have trillions of micrscopic (or just invisible to the naked eye) serrations, shredding plate maille and alloyed armors (heavy-weave and gauge chain maille was no exception). Well, then take into effect the WW1 era trench spike and blend it with damascus manufacture with a mono-filament tubes of a micro-carbon element of some form mixed with the damascus steel itself allows for a form of absolutely skull numbing levels of plating popping doom. Another good example, check out the bodkin arrows utilized at the battle of Agincourt, those french knights were pulped by high velocity carbon steel wedges.

Blend a wedge with the "multiple edges" styling of those spike/plug bayonets very-clearly emulating their trench spike forefathers, but with the sturdy-ruggedness of a bodkin and rock an industrialized damascus.................eh, yer' scifi military can afford it, right?
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Ulfr-Reich wrote:Armor piercing sword bayonets eh? Hmmmmmmm..................................... well, dash it all, I've got an idea.

Alright, science has proven Damascus steel to pontially have trillions of micrscopic (or just invisible to the naked eye) serrations, shredding plate maille and alloyed armors (heavy-weave and gauge chain maille was no exception). Well, then take into effect the WW1 era trench spike and blend it with damascus manufacture with a mono-filament tubes of a micro-carbon element of some form mixed with the damascus steel itself allows for a form of absolutely skull numbing levels of plating popping doom. Another good example, check out the bodkin arrows utilized at the battle of Agincourt, those french knights were pulped by high velocity carbon steel wedges.

Blend a wedge with the "multiple edges" styling of those spike/plug bayonets very-clearly emulating their trench spike forefathers, but with the sturdy-ruggedness of a bodkin and rock an industrialized damascus.................eh, yer' scifi military can afford it, right?

I can't say that I've heard of crucible steel having that particular property. So far as I can remember, crucible steel's main advantage was the harder bands of semi-ceramic steel mixed in with the bands of softer steel.

I can also say, with much more certainty, that the French knights were not overly affected by the English arrows because the bodkin points were typically softer, lower quality steel without a temper and the combination of plate, mail and padded armour that the French wore at that point in time was more than sufficient to stop the vast majority of arrows. The mud probably killed more men than the arrows, and the archers almost certainly killed more men in close quarter combat than with their bows.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 pm

And Black Hand, do me a favor, alter the "Base" of the boar-spear daggers' guard-prongs to be thicker and more akin' to that of a parrying-dagger. Just further refine it. Following this little anecdote of course, hearken it's grip back to this handy-dandy dose of historical ribcage tearing doom:

Looks hand-friendly, right? Modify to suit yer' needs.
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:I can't say that I've heard of crucible steel having that particular property. So far as I can remember, crucible steel's main advantage was the harder bands of semi-ceramic steel mixed in with the bands of softer steel.

I can also say, with much more certainty, that the French knights were not overly affected by the English arrows because the bodkin points were typically softer, lower quality steel without a temper and the combination of plate, mail and padded armour that the French wore at that point in time was more than sufficient to stop the vast majority of arrows. The mud probably killed more men than the arrows, and the archers almost certainly killed more men in close quarter combat than with their bows.

Really now, well, last time I went to an SCA gathering (middle-kingdom or sommat), someone had a longbow and a chestplate made to historical spec. It worked just fine n' dandy, plus, said vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KCE40J93m5c offers a neat example of the point. Yer' right on the range though in regard to the arrows though; I'd like to state that damascus is a fickle bitch, but what it could do to armored targets was fucking crazy, all those layers of mixed and forge welded metals did some particularly heavy damage on the poor schmuck in the suit, it'd probably work just like this, but scaled up heavily due to the change in gear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UpOFS09rLIY#t=149; just with a heavy thrust due to the bayonet bit. A blending of concepts like that could benefit Arch's troops somewhat.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm

did you even read the post you quoted
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Yes.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information