NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial FT Military Factbook (Under Construction)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Kel-Elysia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Imperial FT Military Factbook (Under Construction)

Postby Kel-Elysia » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Factbook of the Taehan Interstellar Empire's Imperial Guard

Artist's Impression of an Imperial Guardsman of the 237th Planetary Infantry Division. Commonly used in military promotional and propaganda artwork.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Official Name: Imperial Guard of the Taehan Interstellar Empire
Motto: "To the last man, to the last round!"
Branches: Imperial Guard Ground Force, Imperial Guard Space Fleet, Imperial Guard Marine Corps
Associated and Subordinate Organizations: Imperial Ministry of Internal Security (Heavily Associated,) Imperial Ministry of Planetary Law Enforcement (Subordinate to Imperial Guard,) Imperial Planetary Militia (Subordinate to Imperial Guard)

COMMAND STRUCTURE
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Guard: The Taehan Emperor, Grand Marshal Jeong Tae-Won
Commander of the Imperial Guard Ground Force: Field Marshal Kim Ji-Tae
Commander of the Imperial Guard Space Fleet: High Admiral Woo Eun-Hye
Commander of the Imperial Guard Marine Corps: General Kwon Yong-Shik
Commander of the Imperial Ministry of Internal Security: Commissioner Ryu Ha-Eun

OTHER INFORMATION
Total Personnel: 964,378,099
-Ground Force: 678,901,202
-Space Fleet: 275,251,796
-Marine Corps: 11,225,101
Personnel Makeup (Gender): 60.4% Male/40.6% Female

GENERAL DESCRIPTION

For over 600 years since its founding, the Imperial Guard has kept watch over the Taehan Empire and all its territories, defending them from the Empire's myriad enemies, human, alien and otherwise. Drawn from every domain of the Empire, from the capital world of Kel-Elysia, 60 light years from Earth, to the Imperial Colonies to the distant Frontier Worlds, the Imperial Guard is one of the most diverse organizations the galaxy has ever seen; human workers from the sprawling manufacturing plants of the Core System march alongside hard-bitten settlers and adventurers from the Orion Colonies and elsewhere. Armed with legions of well-equipped, well-trained soldiers, robust war machines, terrifying warships and a will (no matter how imposed) to always take one step forward, the Imperial Guard will always be determined to prevail, no matter the cost.

DOCTRINES

The Imperial Guard employs asymmetric warfare; Imperial forces employ doctrines specifically designed to counter the enemy being fought. However, throughout most of the wars fought by the Empire, the general style of battle has been described as "defeat in detail." Ground Force and Marine Corps doctrine currently revolves around outnumbering and isolating portions of an enemy force and destroying them one small unit at a time, rather than facing them all at once. The Space Fleet, on the other hand, focuses on combining specialized elements in a single strike force to overwhelm the enemy both with armored behemoths bristling with guns and swift, stealthy destroyers that could give the swiftest blockade runners a run for their money.
Last edited by Kel-Elysia on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
|Factbook|Embassy Program|FT Military Factbook|Q&A
I am a character-oriented RP'er. You have been warned.

Don't take anything I say in an RP into an OOC context. Seriously, please don't.
My Religious and Political Guns: Apatheticism and Voter Apathy Party, every time.
US Marine.
One of NS's resident Korean-Americans.
Proud Anime, Blizzard, Bethesda and Bungie nerd.
Just because I listen to Soviet and North Korean patriotic music doesn't mean I'm a communist. It's not my fault that we capitalist dogs don't spend money on a decent choir.

Kel-Elysia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Imperial Guard Ground Force

Postby Kel-Elysia » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Last edited by Kel-Elysia on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|Factbook|Embassy Program|FT Military Factbook|Q&A
I am a character-oriented RP'er. You have been warned.

Don't take anything I say in an RP into an OOC context. Seriously, please don't.
My Religious and Political Guns: Apatheticism and Voter Apathy Party, every time.
US Marine.
One of NS's resident Korean-Americans.
Proud Anime, Blizzard, Bethesda and Bungie nerd.
Just because I listen to Soviet and North Korean patriotic music doesn't mean I'm a communist. It's not my fault that we capitalist dogs don't spend money on a decent choir.

Return to Factbooks and National Information