NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Part 12

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Bhelyant wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:Since when were you using a 16" barrel?

The question originally proposed by CA was if 6.5 Grendel would make for a good round for a general issue rifle, so I just assumed that we were all talking about carbines, especially since you made the claim 6.5 G would be a poor performer at short distances.

You have me confused with Tule.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Central Alkebulan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Alkebulan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Central Alkebulan wrote:
I used the effective range of the Ak-47 off wiki. What should it be then?

Wikipedia article on AKM says:
Effective range 400 m
Maximum range 1000 m

400m is what you should go with.

BH: No. Just...no.
Ununoctium powered railgun is better.

My numbers were in feet though, so should be fine right? (400 meters = 1,300 feet).

And one more question, the drawing. Is it only the magazine I need to fix or are there other parts of it? I know the 7.62x39mm round is a little smaller then the width of a dollar so I've been keeping that in mind for scale.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Khornatenreich wrote:
Black Hand wrote:Tiberium Powered Railgun Y/N?

y

Alrighty then.... Now to come up with it.
Since I can't into Art, Stats it is.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Bhelyant wrote:
Tule wrote:If both cartridges were to use the same bullet, the wider bullet of the same weight at the same velocity would be a better choice for close range combat like what could be expected in your country. It would make a bigger hole in humans, which means more severe wounds.

I'd imagine that's true if we're hunting deer with hollowpoints, but since the trend for military ammunition is to use a round that either fragments, yaws, or tumbles, why wouldn't the *longer* round be more lethal? Those specific types would actually favour the smaller diametres, assuming a similar bullet weight.

A wider bullet will encounter greater resistance when it hits flesh, which means more reliable fragmentation.
Tumbling is all nice when it occurs, but it does not occur all the time and a tumbling bullet will only travels sideways in flesh for a very short distance, a smaller bullet will for most of it's travel through a person make a small hole.

A wider bullet will always have the advantage when it comes to destroying flesh.
Last edited by Tule on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Fragmentation is less preferable to tumbling tbh.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Galla- wrote:Fragmentation is less preferable to tumbling tbh.

Care to elaborate? Maybe even provide a source?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Central Alkebulan wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
Wikipedia article on AKM says:
Effective range 400 m
Maximum range 1000 m

400m is what you should go with.

BH: No. Just...no.
Ununoctium powered railgun is better.

My numbers were in feet though, so should be fine right? (400 meters = 1,300 feet).

And one more question, the drawing. Is it only the magazine I need to fix or are there other parts of it? I know the 7.62x39mm round is a little smaller then the width of a dollar so I've been keeping that in mind for scale.

A lot of stuff was wrong.
For one thing the barrel was a bit too short. The magazine was WAY too wide, and the action interfered with the grip on the bottom pic. The gas tube was very, VERY thin. Also, straight pistol grips are very bad. Finally, either you lack an ejection port or you lack a bolt carrier. Either of these things along will cause the rifle to fire a single shot and then basically blow up.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Tule wrote:
Galla- wrote:Fragmentation is less preferable to tumbling tbh.

Yawing produces larger, more reliable wound channels.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
I know. But an Alloy of Tungsten and something would be harder yes?

Not necessarily. More importantly, it's not needed.

All righty then

Galla- wrote:
Tule wrote:

And Fragging dumps all the energy, What's your point
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Not necessarily. More importantly, it's not needed.

All righty then

Galla- wrote:

This is why people explode when wearing bullet proof vests. o:

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Fragmenting and Yawing will both fuck you up internally. Tumbling provides a much larger wound channel, meaning in an instance in which is does not strike a vital organ it will produce a very serious wound, moreso than a number of smaller wounds one might get from fragmenting. This also translates well to penetration of solid objects.

While fragmenting provides more of a chance to strike a vital organ (to be honest, the inside of a person is so compacted in terms of organ location hitting one is not hard, its hitting a vital one that is a golden rule), it also would leave a less-serious internal wound if it does not strike.

Its all depending on too many factors to go though but, in general, its better to have expanding and yawing than fragmenting.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Galla- wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
All righty then

This is why people explode when wearing bullet proof vests. o:

I had a perfect picture for this at one point
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Puzikas wrote:Fragmenting and Yawing will both fuck you up internally. Tumbling provides a much larger wound channel, meaning in an instance in which is does not strike a vital organ it will produce a very serious wound, moreso than a number of smaller wounds one might get from fragmenting. This also translates well to penetration of solid objects.

While fragmenting provides more of a chance to strike a vital organ (to be honest, the inside of a person is so compacted in terms of organ location hitting one is not hard, its hitting a vital one that is a golden rule), it also would leave a less-serious internal wound if it does not strike.

Its all depending on too many factors to go though but, in general, its better to have expanding and yawing than fragmenting.

I Agree but when it comes to killing I prefer quantity over quality, More pieces flying through someone would logically mean a higher chance to hit more than one organ.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Puzikas wrote:Fragmenting and Yawing will both fuck you up internally. Tumbling provides a much larger wound channel, meaning in an instance in which is does not strike a vital organ it will produce a very serious wound, moreso than a number of smaller wounds one might get from fragmenting. This also translates well to penetration of solid objects.

Yer, this dude knows.

Yes Im Biop wrote:

I Agree but when it comes to killing I prefer quantity over quality, More pieces flying through someone would logically mean a higher chance to hit more than one organ.

Shooting properly (center of mass) will generally mean a fairly high chance to hit a vital organ anyway. \:
Last edited by Galla- on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Galla- wrote:

Yer, this dude knows.

Yes Im Biop wrote:

Shooting properly (center of mass) will generally mean a fairly high chance to hit a vital organ anyway. \:

Puz Knows everything
Correct it does. But why not heighten that chance?
Last edited by Yes Im Biop on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

CSR-C "diamondBack" (Combat Sniper Rifle-Compact)
Cartridge: 9X30 Caseless
Action: Bolt, Externally powered linear motor.
Length: 30"
Barrel length: 20"
Weight: 6Kg
Effective Range: 800m against Armored targets
Maximum range: 3000m
Projectile weight: 600 gr
Muzzle Velocity: 1650 m/s

Background: THe CSR-C Diamondback was developed as a Long range precision weapon, without sacrificing mobility in an urban environment. THE CSR-C Diamondback is deployed in Combat teams as a Sniper weapon, or as support for an AMR (AMR teams are three man, sniper, spotter, overwatch/pack mule)
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Galla- wrote:
Tule wrote:

When neither bullet fragments, they both create the same wound channel.

When the West-German bullet fragments, your small intestine is scattered all over the ground behind you.
Last edited by Tule on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Tule wrote:
Galla- wrote:

When the West-German bullet fragments, your small intestine is scattered all over the ground behind you.

Goddamn Germans. Gotta love their ability to kill.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Tule wrote:

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Galla- wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Still don't understand that
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Galla- wrote:

Yer, this dude knows.

Thats my job, after all.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Galla- wrote:
Yer, this dude knows.

Thats my job, after all.

I thought your job was

puz's sig wrote:Im Puzikas, and I study How people die. I wear body armor for a living, and like SubMachine Guns. I am also engaged in a legal battle with H&K over This post Not really though. I'm Terra Firmas Russian analog, and an evil foreigner. Any questions on Russian small arms, feel free to telegram me.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Galla- wrote:
Yer, this dude knows.

Thats my job, after all.

Puzikas, I must inquire.

According to most sources I've read, fragmentation does more than leave many small wound channels, It literally shreds and detaches the surrounding flesh from the body.

Top of page 38:

"We suggest that the multiple fragments are likely to cut across many muscle bundles in two places and that the piece between cuts is then likely to be completely detached by the subsequent sudden stretch of the temporary cavitation"

I also remember a post on NSD which included a picture of a human leg hit by a 5.56mm M193 from across a street.
The leg had a fist sized hole in it.

What's your take on that?
Last edited by Tule on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Hand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
Thats my job, after all.

I thought your job was

puz's sig wrote:Im Puzikas, and I study How people die.

See?
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem

Central Alkebulan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Alkebulan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Central Alkebulan wrote:

A lot of stuff was wrong.
For one thing the barrel was a bit too short. The magazine was WAY too wide, and the action interfered with the grip on the bottom pic. The gas tube was very, VERY thin. Also, straight pistol grips are very bad. Finally, either you lack an ejection port or you lack a bolt carrier. Either of these things along will cause the rifle to fire a single shot and then basically blow up.

Alright, thank you for your help thus far.

I think I fixed everything:
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag7 ... ca0bd2.png
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag7 ... 80b4d5.png

-Lengthened the barrel.
-Expanded gas
-Gave a little room for the bolt to operate
-Fixed the magazine
-Added ejection port
-Fixed pistol grip?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads