NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Part 12

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Not too modern. It will probably be introduced as the first FAL rifle was. Mid-50's.

M203 was the first UBGL and it didn't exist until the late 60s.

Alternate universe where everything is basically a decade early.

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Not too modern. It will probably be introduced as the first FAL rifle was. Mid-50's.

The Colt XM148 may suit your needs.

It came before the M203.

That could work. I'd have to give it a not-ugly-anymore job though.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:The Colt XM148 may suit your needs.

It came before the M203.

That could work. I'd have to give it a not-ugly-anymore job though.

And make it work instead of its issues.

Alimeria-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria- » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Kouralia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

"I haven't actually made an underslung one"

Why are you not basing it on that still?

Yes, figure out how to use Martini Henry Grenade Launcher for most glory
Steampunk Norsemen using bullpup rifles ftw

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Kouralia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

"I haven't actually made an underslung one"

Why are you not basing it on that still?

Because Fordorsia does not into vintage British.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm

just in case that burst of full auto wasn't enough....

PS: i asked "should I bother" because I wasn't sure if i liked it, I'm still not sure.
Last edited by Risen Britannia on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:(Image)

PS: i asked "should I bother" because I wasn't sure if i liked it, I'm still not sure.

"There are some men that you just can't reach.
So you hoist your four foot long bayonet and stab them from two meters away."
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:32 pm

That's not a bayonet.
This, is a bayonet.

In some serious though, I like it. Just apart from the bayonet. They just look horrible on bullpups.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Kouralia wrote:
United Republics of Aralon wrote:British what?
And who talked about htrowing 40mm? I said throw frag/thermobaric Handgrenade not 40mm.

Fighting in Built Up Areas

AKA FiSH and CHiPS
(Fighting in Someone's House and Causing Havoc in Public Spaces)
:p

Privlecheniye Vrag v Gorodskoy Srede i Zakryt boya Chetvertey, Engaging the Enemy in Urban and Close Quarters, is the Russian term, but FiSH and CHiPS is lol worthy.

United Republics of Aralon wrote:Anyway justwait for Puz to weigh in. I'm sure he knows what is the best room cleaning procedure.

Im sorry am I killing people at close range now?

Step one: Identify nature of threat
Step two: Appropriate correct use of force to engage threat
Step three: Identify proper execution of force to meet said threat (you are not going to attack a building with hostages in it the same as you might where its nothing but enemy forces)
Step four: Execution

If you want to clear a room, assuming there are all valid targets in said room, the way I would do it without use of flashbang (which, for the record, are insanely useful) would involve a a fragmentation grenade (assuming the walls were thick enough to not expose my team or myself to fragments, so this is out in the standard home, which is drywall/plaster and such) and carbines as well as some well placed shots.
Baring use of a Fragmentation grenade, very bright flashlights, surprise and very quick, rapid dominance effects and yelling. Lots of yelling.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 pm

We cannot allow a bayonet gap!

v nice btw
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:

v nice btw

What is that, a bayonet for Elves?

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Coltarin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Everything
I think I'm done with the KAR-21. I'm going to finish the OICW and the newer model at the bottom left. Otherwise I think it's time to move on.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Coltarin wrote:Everything
I think I'm done with the KAR-21. I'm going to finish the OICW and the newer model at the bottom left. Otherwise I think it's time to move on.

The OICW grenades need proper skirts.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Is 38.8mm too long for a pistol round that's supposed to go into the handle? And yes, I am assuming normal sized users without giant hands.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Coltarin
Senator

Postby Coltarin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Coltarin wrote:Everything

I think I fixed it on the individual OICW pic, just not on the primary sheet.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Coltarin wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

I think I fixed it on the individual OICW pic, just not on the primary sheet.

Do those grenades have a variable length fuse?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010

Postby Sevvania » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Purpelia wrote:Is 38.8mm too long for a pistol round that's supposed to go into the handle? And yes, I am assuming normal sized users without giant hands.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/MY_AUTOMAG_III.JPG
Here's a picture of a handgun chambered for .30 carbine (7.62x33mm, overall length of 41.91 mm), if that helps.
Last edited by Sevvania on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Is 38.8mm too long for a pistol round that's supposed to go into the handle? And yes, I am assuming normal sized users without giant hands.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/MY_AUTOMAG_III.JPG
Here's a picture of a handgun chambered for .30 carbine (7.62x33mm), if that helps.

That thing falls into the "giant hands" category. Plus it's a full 3.1mm longer than mine, which in turn is 4mm longer than the regular 7.62TT.
That's why I am asking...
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Sevvania wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/MY_AUTOMAG_III.JPG
Here's a picture of a handgun chambered for .30 carbine (7.62x33mm), if that helps.

That thing falls into the "giant hands" category. Plus it's a full 3.1mm longer than mine, which in turn is 4mm longer than the regular 7.62TT.

Want something closer to what you said?

Just a measly ~2mm longer than what your round is.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Coltarin
Senator

Postby Coltarin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Coltarin wrote:I think I fixed it on the individual OICW pic, just not on the primary sheet.

Do those grenades have a variable length fuse?

Yes.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:That thing falls into the "giant hands" category. Plus it's a full 3.1mm longer than mine, which in turn is 4mm longer than the regular 7.62TT.

But can that one be comfortably used by roughly 90% of the human adult population?

Coltarin wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Do those grenades have a variable length fuse?

Yes.

How does it work?
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

But can that one be comfortably used by roughly 90% of the human adult population?

Comfortable? Probably not.
Usable? By all means.

I think you'd be just fine.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Bezombia wrote:Comfortable? Probably not.
Usable? By all means.

I think you'd be just fine.

I am asking since I want to know if I should develop a handgun for my new round or just keep the original 7.5x25 +P+ Model 1985 (one with a regular pistol bullet and not the insane mini rifle one) in my army as the pistol round and use this only for SMG's.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:14 pm

v nice btw

thanks

The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Fischermann wrote:7.62x39 variant a la HK32?

Estovnia doesn't use 7.62 ComBloc.

The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:I really like this.
HK33 FTW!

United states of brazilian nations wrote:dat flash hider.
a very awesome weapon, sir.

thanks

Risen Britannia wrote:

This is win.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:

v nice btw

thanks

Cant help feeling that without a muzzle device it looks incomplete.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information