NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Part 12

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Spreewerke
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10910
Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I am mainly asking because I don't want to impose strict dress codes on my tank crews in the respect that I don't think it's a good idea to force them to sit around in full combat gear, armor, helmet and everything that weighs like 40kg or something inside their tanks. The things will be cramped as it is so I just don't think I could enforce such a rule effectively. And of course due to the fact that images of WW2 tank crews driving around in barely anything are cool, and translate well to my particular brand of tankers. So when the autoloader starts crackling like a roman candle they might not have their webbing on.

And whilst grab pouches are a good idea they are only worth it if you can get into cover, open the pouch and rummage around to find what you need. Not if you need to charge out of a now burning tank whilst the guys that set it on fire are chasing you.


M1 Carbine had a pouch on the stock of the rifle to hold two magazines, so if you only managed to take your carbine you'd have sixty one rounds on you.



15x3+1=/=61.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54792
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I had a similar idea for my new weapon. Basically I'd make the mags clip-on like those I asked about. And I would attach a clip on either side of the stock. That way you could store the weapon with 3 mags locked to it at all times.


Or you could use casket magazines and not have to reaload.


I'll see if I can find the link, but apparently the AK-74M's casket magazine was the result of a soviet study that everyone was taping a second mag to their loaded one, and a single casket would be lighter than two standard mags.

Description: The origins of this unusual polymer magazine are unclear, but it seems reasonable to assume it was intended for use with the RPK-74 light machinegun. Essentially two 30rd magazines fused together, the quad stack features "blown out" sides tapering down to a standard double-column feed neck, with dual springs and followers inside.
The origins of this unusual polymer magazine are unclear, but it seems reasonable to assume it was intended for use with the RPK-74 light machinegun. Essentially two 30rd magazines fused together, the quad stack features "blown out" sides tapering down to a standard double-column feed neck, with dual springs and followers inside.

Pictures and engineering drawings of this magazine have been ciruclating around the internet for some time. Rarely seen even in Russia, these may not have progressed beyond the prototype stage. None were ever imported into the US, though at least a couple individuals have endeavored to build one of their own, with varying degrees of success. (Photo courtesy of Joe Ancona and Jason Jeffers)

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-74_Magazines.php
Image

Unless, of course, your source is more reputable than "ak74.us"
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:if it's not bullpup, then issue a hollow polymer stock.

Of course it is a bullpup. Even my handguns are.


Image

Spreewerke wrote:15x3+1=/=61.


Brainfart, thought they issued 20 rounders
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Spreewerke
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10910
Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
Or you could use casket magazines and not have to reaload.


I'll see if I can find the link, but apparently the AK-74M's casket magazine was the result of a soviet study that everyone was taping a second mag to their loaded one, and a single casket would be lighter than two standard mags.

Description: The origins of this unusual polymer magazine are unclear, but it seems reasonable to assume it was intended for use with the RPK-74 light machinegun. Essentially two 30rd magazines fused together, the quad stack features "blown out" sides tapering down to a standard double-column feed neck, with dual springs and followers inside.
The origins of this unusual polymer magazine are unclear, but it seems reasonable to assume it was intended for use with the RPK-74 light machinegun. Essentially two 30rd magazines fused together, the quad stack features "blown out" sides tapering down to a standard double-column feed neck, with dual springs and followers inside.

Pictures and engineering drawings of this magazine have been ciruclating around the internet for some time. Rarely seen even in Russia, these may not have progressed beyond the prototype stage. None were ever imported into the US, though at least a couple individuals have endeavored to build one of their own, with varying degrees of success. (Photo courtesy of Joe Ancona and Jason Jeffers)

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-74_Magazines.php
Image

Unless, of course, your source is more reputable than "ak74.us"


http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/to ... -magazine/

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31159
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Example of a non-bullpup handgun:
Image


Edit: spelling
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Purpelia wrote:Example of a on bullpup handgun:


That's not bullpup.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Spreewerke
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10910
Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Guess what just came up for sale on GunBroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =364862475

Yep: 2legit2quit quad-stack AK-74 magazine, right here in Mayberry.

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31159
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Example of a on bullpup handgun:


That's not bullpup.

I caught the spelling error too... :p
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
That's not bullpup.

I caught the spelling error too... :p


So, what's a bullpup handgun?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Ea90
Senator
 
Posts: 3990
Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ea90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I caught the spelling error too... :p


So, what's a bullpup handgun?

Any one where the magazine is in the grip, I guess.

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31159
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Ea90 wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
So, what's a bullpup handgun?

Any one where the magazine is in the grip, I guess.

Indeed. Thus most handguns in existence aside from stuff like the one I linked to, revolvers and anything too old to use magazines count as bullpup. At least that's my logic for it.
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 pm

I still can't seem to find the link. All I can find now is a wikia article about it that seems to contain the exact same wording as the article I was reading, but I know that it wasn't the wikia article because it had a dark background.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31159
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

All the same to me. If it ain't a drum my army can't use it for more than 30 rounds.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Puzikas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10785
Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Puzikas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Yea let me save you the time.

The mags were designed in 1980s for use in the RPK-74 series IAR. They were very popular but, with the end of the USSR, never made it to the full production line. They found a new role shortly after: the MVD and FSB loved the shit out of them.

They were designed not because of the tape together thing but because the pans and drums of the RPK were large and bulky. The 40 rounders didn't provide adequate enough suppression.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

User avatar
Premislyd
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10456
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:06 pm

What are some ideas for an intermediate cartridge when my GP cartridge is 6.5 Swede?
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Purpelia wrote:All the same to me. If it ain't a drum my army can't use it for more than 30 rounds.


But Russia alone has produced many 31+ round non-drum magazines!

The Degtyaryov had a 47 or 60 round pan, the RPK series had 40 round boxes, the PP-19/PP-90 used 50+ round helicals, etc.

And if you leave russia you have the P90's 50 round horizontal magazines.

And if you really want to push the boundaries of what's feasible you could have higherthanthirty round sprockets, tubes, or hoppers.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Puzikas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10785
Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Puzikas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Premislyd wrote:What are some ideas for an intermediate cartridge when my GP cartridge is 6.5 Swede?


Use Trans 6.45x47mmPLU or 6x49mm Unified
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

User avatar
Transgendora
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 51
Founded: Sep 11, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Transgendora » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Transgendora wrote:(Image)
This is the TSM the standard issue rifle for Transgendoraian Armed Forces.
Name: TSM
Manufacturer: Transgendoran Small Arms Inc
Country of Origin: Transgendora
Date entered service: 11/25/1995
Units: 45,000-50,000
Unit Cost: $6,500 gendollars
Range: 350-690 yards
Weight: 6.5 lbs
Length: 2.3 feet
Capacity: 30 or 40 round magazine
Fire Rate: 450 to 550 rounds per minute
Caliber: Nato 5.56mm or Transgendora 6.8mm

Being 3.5ft long would make it over a metre, and this looks much shorter than that - it looks like a short-barrelled carbine.
It would be useful to use a larger weapon with a larger "zone" for placing your hands on a handguard.

Fixed it how bout now if not what would be a perfect length for the TSM

Un-Offical Slogan: I am Transgender

User avatar
Premislyd
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10456
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Premislyd wrote:What are some ideas for an intermediate cartridge when my GP cartridge is 6.5 Swede?


Use Trans 6.45x47mmPLU or 6x49mm Unified

Can't use the first since it's notTF

Although would an intermediate even be necessary with how 6.5 Swede is?
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

User avatar
Galla-
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10835
Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Premislyd wrote:What are some ideas for an intermediate cartridge when my GP cartridge is 6.5 Swede?


6.5x55mm.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29250
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Image
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
Black Hand
Senator
 
Posts: 3541
Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Bezombia wrote:

New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

User avatar
The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6469
Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:46 pm

So...
Five clips and a PDW/carbine for Arch Grab bag.
Y/N?
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

User avatar
Black Hand
Senator
 
Posts: 3541
Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:48 pm

The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:So...
Five clips and a PDW/carbine for Arch Grab bag.
Y/N?

Survival rations, small canteen, water purifiers and a survival combat knife.
also maybe 4+1 loaded.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

User avatar
United states of brazilian nations
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1769
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United states of brazilian nations » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Black Hand wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.


:rofl: i literally ROFL'd when i saw this.

EDIT: sig'd.
Last edited by United states of brazilian nations on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puzikas wrote:
Graznovia wrote:Why does the dude look like Putin?
Did you knot know? There is no Russian people, only clones of Putin. We don't get names, just Numbers.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Kouralia wrote:AKA FiSH and CHiPS(Fighting in Someone's House and Causing Havoc in Public Spaces):p

Fordorsia wrote:Breaking news: The estimated leading cause of death is dying.
Imperializt Russia wrote:Well what it is, is an 18.5mm piece of hollow metal that, through witchcraft and evil, becomes significantly larger than 18.5mm.
Puzikas wrote:fuck you for drawing a good looking bulpup AK.
Puzikas wrote:USBN has a sensor that triggers after anything vaguely Brazilian is mentioned.
For HUE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Astoria, Fed Ter, Google [Bot], Silver Commonwealth

Advertisement

Remove ads