NATION

PASSWORD

This Day in Your Nation's History

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:28 pm

12th June

On this day in 1991 the same sex marriage was passed by the House of Commons. It would officially be signed five days later by the King and the first same sex marriages would take place in August of that same year.

Avalant
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Avalant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 pm

In 1823 January 21 we celebrate the Avalnat Gods.As we sing Horn of Plenty.

The United Christian States (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Christian States (Ancient) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

June 12

On this day, today 2013, Pope Matthew IX passed away. He was 86 years old and the second longest reigning Pope of the United Christian States

Gustafia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gustafia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:48 pm

On this day, I mean this actual day, like today, Gustafia discovered fire!

We're a little behind.

Tierra Sol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tierra Sol » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm

On June 12, 1890, Queen Valentina was assasinated by a group of rebels who ran up to her and stabbed her several times before they disappeared into the night. Pretty gruesome day in our history actually. She owns 129 in all!
Last edited by Tierra Sol on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brocwika
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brocwika » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Today in our nation's history.

The Domerski bridge in the capital city of Kraclow, spanning the Wistiak river was completed. It cost about 100 million kilos to build and 3 years to complete.

The Domerski bridge is the largest bridge in Brocwika and one of the more advanced designs.
Vintery, Mintery, Cuttery, Corn
Appleseed and Applethorn
Wire, Briar, Limberlock
Three geese in a flock
One flew east, one flew west...
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Current Time To Doomsday
"A fear of weapons is a sign of undeveloped emotional and sexual maturity"~~Sigmund Freud.

My Website (it's not finished but check it out)

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:58 pm

On June 12, 1959, euthanasia was legalized in all Pavonistadian states excluding Western Pavonistade.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 pm

June 12.

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf conquered the Tehysian Empire some millions of years ago.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

South Minorqa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby South Minorqa » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Thursday 13th June (sorry if does not match forum time because my time zone is different)

On this day in 2011, citizens of Sheung Hoi participated in a referendum to see if Sheung Hoi City should be declared a Politically-Autonomous Municipiality. Results: 53% for, 46% against, 1% spoilt votes.
Last edited by South Minorqa on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by The Liberated Workers' Republic of South Minorqa

Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program!

Carena
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carena » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 pm

June 12, 421 BC: Paradian Empire invades the Persian Empire, starting the legendary Zono-Carenian War, and also fought with Alexander the Great's empire over the control of Persia.
Last edited by Carena on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FEDERATION OF CARENA

Early PMT nation in a 3 nation universe (Late PMT/FT)
Set on Earth with a focus on exploring near-future geopoltical scenarios & the implications of anthropocentric climate change
NEW NEW YORK TIMES|October 2nd, 2122|Omnicore loses 3 year long legal battle over Martian mining accident|Golden State Warriors sign former MVP Melvin Turant to 2 year/226 mil contract with a player option|Empress Xi Mingze denounces Carena & President Gerald Traugott, warning the world they are not to be trusted|Biafra declares independence from Nigeria, experts believe civil war is imminent

East African Federation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby East African Federation » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Last edited by East African Federation on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Though the West says I am a poor country, I am neither poor or rich. I'm communist, bitches.

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Today is the anniversary of the 3rd Manchurian uprising. As you may have guessed, it failed.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

San Guillermo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby San Guillermo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

On this day in 1985, newly crowned King Michael I promulgated the Transition Constitution and announced to the provinces to choose delegates for the constitutional convention taking place in October of that year.
The United Kingdom of Santos Rivera and San Guillermo, in union the United Rivera
The Factbook
HM Michael the First
King of the United Rivera

* PM de Alcantara on Morsi ousting: "The people of Egypt know what is right for their country, and we will support them in whatever they do."
* Mercedes mayor receives criticism after "Honey" remarks
* Headline editor to reader: "I can't believe you read this s***!"
* Filming to start on Verde, a film about the revolution of 1985
* FLAG REQUESTS now taken, for a limited time! Please, keep it simple.
YOU JUST LOST. Ha!

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 pm

June 11th
In 1854, the first inter-national railroad was finished being built between Drosph and Phirmsk. The maiden voyage of the track, however, would not be for mother month.

In 1947, the largest news network in the empire, the Neo-Assyrian News Network, launched its first televised broadcast. Since then, it has been watched daily by millions of citizens.

In 2008, late president Ron Oplekson entered the campaign for presidency. He would win it a year later. He would also be assassinated in 2013.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm

June 12

1800: Aininian revolutionaries capture modern-day Hartly from Namorese colonial troops following a five-month siege and a storming of the city. In a pyrrhic victory, Lt. Col George des Montagnes, commander of the Provisional Linack Government, is killed.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 pm

On this day in history, in 1889, the Congressional Building as we know it today was completed after five years of construction. It was commissioned to replace the old Congressional Hall, which was destroyed by Canid conspirators in the early 1860s.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Shiruni
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shiruni » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 pm

On this day June 12th 1983, the last remaining 400 inhabitants of the industrial city of Falahid which had a population 322,000 people in 1982 finally leaves their homes, leaving the city abandoned after a nuclear meltdown occurred on May 16th 1983.

Ardkonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardkonia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:47 am

On this day, in 1879 an extremely psychopatic rapist and murderer was caught, who turned out to be Alexik Vorjinovski, and later on the next day was executed.
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21
I'm actually an Ordoliberal.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=270920
Tsardom of Ardkonia factbook.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 am

On this day June 13th 2001 KwaDai created the law that recognised gay marriages as an offence*

It was always but the law was passed in 2002 officially.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

The Harrowstorm Isles
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowstorm Isles » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 am

On this day in 1793, the Croxoconian Empire was formally dissolved by Emperor Charles IV, granting each autonomous state full independence and sovereignty. As a direct result, the Colonies of the Harrowstorm Isles were united under Tullius Valorum, 612th Lord Valorum, to become the the modern Principality of The Harrowstorm Isles, with Tullius assuming the title of 1st Lord Harrowstorm (as because the Croxoconian Empire had been dissolved, the title 'Lord Valorum' became defunct.

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

13th June

On this day in 1919, Afalian painter Morris Smith began work on his masterpiece, 'The Archangel Gabriel', which is currently housed in the National Afalian Gallery and was voted as the best Afalian painting of all time in 2003. The painting would take five years to compete and would be sold by Smith in 1930 to a private collector. The collector left the painting to the Afalian Gallery upon his death in 1956.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 pm

On this day in 1947, the Alliance to Restore Saurisian Honor seized control of the Department of the Treasury Building in Saurus City, located two blocks east of the Presidential Palace. It was a symbolic gesture of how close they were getting to where Leonard Damon was and how close they were to ending his oppressive reign once and for all.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 pm

53 B.C. - Under the leadership of Gaius Iulius Zambas, the military of Colonia Desimtas is reformed to admit any volunteer into the armed forces, with equipment provided by the state and training organized along standardized guidelines, followed by the reward of citizenship after completing service. These reforms will enable the creation of a well-trained, professional army and the further expansion of the city-state.

1947 A.D. - The first automobile manufactured in the Republic of Vetalia following the Revolution rolls off the assembly line in Petrovsk.

1959 A.D. - Vasilov Industries introduces the first TV dinner to the Vetalian market.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Lands of Headington
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lands of Headington » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

June 13

-> 205 BC - Battle of Hert between the Herali people and the Cattish people (some theories support the June 14 date)
-> 455 - King Clovere united the lands that would later become the Kingdom of Lands of Headington.
-> 1379 - Gents Uprising: thousands of peasants revolt across the country in protest against high taxes.
Last edited by Lands of Headington on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 pm

On this day June 13

Šêklor Mösœna Æcilöör. ECS the first Zev general in the Sedik Atmy in 1788.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information