NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Wed May 29, 2013 6:38 am

Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:
Bullpup, overgassed long-stroke piston equipped with BARS, fitted with a mid-eject system. Manufactured with relatively loose tolerances, and a reciprocating charging handle. Firing a .338, 300 grain subsonic AP bullet.

Penetration seems a bit low, with all sorts of ceramal, nanostuctured polycarbonates, impact hardening fluids and such armor technologies in sight.
Energy increase might be necessary, but in that case BARS might not cut it, imgine weighing three times less, and Martian people are likely to be higher due to the low gravity, meaning more leverage.
My fault for not dating the project it'd be around 2120 or such.
Ejection at all might be problematic since dust can be kicked up by steps, cartridges etc.
It would be able to function for some time,but not too much, simulated Martian dust got into spacesuits as well.I'd go for a caseless solution, or perhaps gyrojet.
Could some sort of gyrojet work?

Recoil doesn't have anything to do with weight.
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Wed May 29, 2013 6:51 am

Updated scope
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 am

Risen Britannia wrote:Updated scope
(Image)

is of much sex.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Founded: May 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:03 am

San-Silvacian wrote:Middle East sand is worse from what i can tell. M16s and AKs work fine in that.

It got into stuff that was supposed to be airtight. I think its hard to über,but I believe it is about equal practically speaking.
Better known as (MT) : United Republics of Aralon
I RP a communist nation, but I'm not a communist.
Crook on flying aircraft carriers:
Crookfur wrote:Not even remotely possible even in a month of sundays.

Puzikas on .500 SW:
Puzikas wrote:It will kill you so hard you die to death, and the unspent energy will bring you back to life and kill you again.

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:06 am

Triplebaconation wrote:
Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Penetration seems a bit low, with all sorts of ceramal, nanostuctured polycarbonates, impact hardening fluids and such armor technologies in sight.
Energy increase might be necessary, but in that case BARS might not cut it, imgine weighing three times less, and Martian people are likely to be higher due to the low gravity, meaning more leverage.
Ejection at all might be problematic since dust can be kicked up by steps, cartridges etc.
It would be able to function for some time,but not too much, simulated Martian dust got into spacesuits as well.I'd go for a caseless solution, or perhaps gyrojet.

Recoil doesn't have anything to do with weight.

It has,practically speaking. Recoil won't increase, the effect of it on you if you weigh barely more than the third and remain the same height, will increase.
...................................................................................................
(Image)

Very nice.
Last edited by Ares Ascendancy on Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Puzikas on .500 SW:
Puzikas wrote:It will kill you so hard you die to death, and the unspent energy will bring you back to life and kill you again.

New Harvest
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Harvest » Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 am

(Image)

That one looks very nice!
NEW HARVEST
▲▼▲

I'm from the UK and I'm straight. I like firearms and military vehicles, I also like sci-fi.
MT/PMT
MT: New Harvest.
PMT: UHR.
IN CONSTRUCTION

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 am

Triplebaconation wrote:Recoil doesn't have anything to do with weight.

Um, wut. Recoil has everything to do with weight.

Recoil is the felt rearward acceleration of the gun, as a reaction to the force propelling the bullet forward. Now. that force first has to act upon the gun before the gun actually begins to have noticeable recoil.

Meaning, the more your gun weighs, the more force has to be exerted by the bullet in order to overcome the tendency for objects (the rifle) to stay at rest.

Physics is awesome.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 am

Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:
Bullpup, overgassed long-stroke piston equipped with BARS, fitted with a mid-eject system. Manufactured with relatively loose tolerances, and a reciprocating charging handle. Firing a .338, 300 grain subsonic AP bullet.

Heavy 8.58-9mm bullets are very good at penetrating armor. And you can load it with a saboted APFSDS round for extra lulz.
Increased energy shouldn't be necessary.
By then you should be using railguns or guided HE airburst munitions.
Not really. With loose tolerances and the action described, dust will be irrelevant.
Gyrojets were notoriously vulnerable to dirt. I imagine mars would be hell on them.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

New Harvest
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Harvest » Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 am

Orussia wrote:

Recoil is the felt rearward acceleration of the gun, as a reaction to the force propelling the bullet forward. Now. that force first has to act upon the gun before the gun actually begins to have noticeable recoil.

Meaning, the more your gun weighs, the more force has to be exerted by the bullet in order to overcome the tendency for objects (the rifle) to stay at rest.

Physics is awesome.

I swear they increase the weight of guns to soak up heavy recoil.
NEW HARVEST
▲▼▲

I'm from the UK and I'm straight. I like firearms and military vehicles, I also like sci-fi.
MT/PMT
IN CONSTRUCTION

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:19 am

Orussia wrote:

Physics is awesome.

Knowing dtn, he's probably splitting silly hairs as regards actual recoil force and felt recoil/muzzle flip, etc. It's pedantic and irrelevant. I suggest you don't bother with him.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Ea90
Senator

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ea90 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 am

New Harvest wrote:I swear they increase the weight of guns to soak up heavy recoil.

...which is basically what he said.

Orussia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Wed May 29, 2013 7:22 am

Ea90 wrote:
New Harvest wrote:I swear they increase the weight of guns to soak up heavy recoil.

...which is basically what he said.

Except way easier to understand. :3
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

New Harvest
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Harvest » Wed May 29, 2013 7:24 am

Orussia wrote:
Ea90 wrote:...which is basically what he said.

Except way easier to understand. :3

Thankyou
NEW HARVEST
▲▼▲

MT/PMT
IN CONSTRUCTION

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 am

Orussia wrote:

Physics is awesome.

You are again not completely right,but you are near to it. You speak about mass. Mass is a bit more important factor than weight. Mass is the tendency to stay at rest. Weight is the force whit which the object is dragged down by gravity. An object of 5kg mass weighs 50 newtons at 1 g. It would weigh about 18,5 newtons on mars with its 0.376g.

Puzikas on .500 SW:

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 am

New Harvest wrote:
Orussia wrote:Except way easier to understand. :3

Thankyou

Br0, wuts w1th teh bluetextz?
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Orussia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 am

Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Orussia wrote:Um, wut. Recoil has everything to do with weight.

Physics is awesome.

You are again not completely right,but you are near to it. You speak about mass. Mass is a bit more important factor than weight. Mass is the tendency to stay at rest. Weight is the force whit which the object is dragged down by gravity. An object of 5kg mass weighs 50 newtons at 1 g. It would weigh about 18,5 newtons on mars with its 0.376g.

Urrrp. Thanks. I keep forgetting that there's a difference between mass and weight.

Damn you, gravity, y u b different everywhere? :evil:
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Ares Ascendancy wrote:

Heavy 8.58-9mm bullets are very good at penetrating armor. And you can load it with a saboted APFSDS round for extra lulz.
Not really. With loose tolerances and the action described, dust will be irrelevant.
Gyrojets were notoriously vulnerable to dirt. I imagine mars would be hell on them.

HE airburst is there.
Why were gyrojets vulnerable to dust? Gyrojets were designed in the 50ies, if I recall correctly. Maybe this issue can be sorted out.

Puzikas on .500 SW:

New Harvest
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Harvest » Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Orussia wrote:Um, wut. Recoil has everything to do with weight.

Physics is awesome

Also with the recoil problem, you have not taken account the soldiers on mars will most likely be robots, and have thrusters attached to them to help them manuever around easier, they could either be too heavy to be blown back, which is unlikely because it would be really expensive to get them into space, or they would counter them being pushed backwards with the mini thrusters.

They might even use laser weaponry, as the russians were developing, but cancelled, a pistol which used flash bulbs to project a laser, rupturing enemy astronauts suits and messing with enemy cameras nd sensors etc.
Last edited by New Harvest on Wed May 29, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW HARVEST
▲▼▲

MT/PMT
IN CONSTRUCTION

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 am

Orussia wrote:Urrrp. Thanks. I keep forgetting that there's a difference between mass and weight.

Damn you, gravity, y u b different everywhere? :evil:

Easy to make this mistake in English, this distinction being so rarely used in regular speech.

Puzikas on .500 SW:

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 am

New Harvest wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Also with the recoil problem, you have not taken account the soldiers on mars will most likely be robots, and have thrusters attached to them to help them manuever around easier, they could either be too heavy to be blown back, which is unlikely because it would be really expensive to get them into space, or they would counter them being pushed backwards with the mini thrusters.

They might even use laser weaponry, as the russians were developing, but cancelled, a pistol which used flash bulbs to project a laser, rupturing enemy astronauts suits and messing with enemy cameras nd sensors etc.

Dust kills lasers, so they are not the ideal martian weapon even if powerful. But my country will use them to some degree later on. Now we are talking about early colonization era c. 2120. No industrial potential for mechs, and suits are easy to reinforce against weak lasers. As well as no capacitor technology for handheld lasers much above a kilojoule. With dust and ablative protection thats not so much.

Puzikas on .500 SW:

New Harvest
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Harvest » Wed May 29, 2013 7:39 am

BLUE TEXT
NEW HARVEST
▲▼▲

MT/PMT
IN CONSTRUCTION

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:41 am

Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

HE airburst is there.
Why were gyrojets vulnerable to dust? Gyrojets were designed in the 50ies, if I recall correctly. Maybe this issue can be sorted out.

The pressure generated by a gyrojet requires a ventilated barrel. This allows shit to get into the mechanism, and generally produce large quantities of anti-lulz.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 am

New Harvest wrote:
BLUE TEXT

This is spam. Spam is bad, m'kay?
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Ares Ascendancy
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ares Ascendancy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Ares Ascendancy wrote:HE airburst is there.

The pressure generated by a gyrojet requires a ventilated barrel. This allows shit to get into the mechanism, and generally produce large quantities of anti-lulz.

Pre-acelaration, by an electorthermal mechanism/good ole explosive propellant, could counter that easily. The rocket would engage after it is about 20 cms from the barrel, thus a solid barrel will suffice.

Puzikas on .500 SW:

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 am

Ares Ascendancy wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Pre-acelaration, by an electorthermal mechanism/good ole explosive propellant, could counter that easily. The rocket would engage after it is about 20 cms from the barrel, thus a solid barrel will suffice.

Gyrojets also had lulzy low velocity inside of ~30 meters, and lulzy low accuracy past ~30 meters.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information