NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Coastal Union
Secretary

Founded: May 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coastal Union » Tue May 28, 2013 3:38 pm

What gun can be submerged in seawater and be okay?
Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle? :unsure:
Last edited by Coastal Union on Tue May 28, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thalis
Attaché

Founded: Mar 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Thalis » Tue May 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Coastal Union wrote:What gun can be submerged in seawater and be okay?

A fair few rifles. The HK416 marketing material made quite a lot of it, though.
The Archipelagic Union of THALIS
Valta - Satis - Thalis - Lindis - Eska - Ielo

factbook | outreach program

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 pm

This, this, and this.

:3
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Benomia wrote:
The entire point of the L64 was its cartridge. A bullpup AR-18 is just an SA80/L85/L86.

not really, it was a bullpup AR-18 first with a new round, designed to be easily interchangable with exisitng 5.56mm weapons, second.

Exactly.
So an unpuped L64 would be a rechambered AR-18, but it's easier to type something that doesn't involve hyphens.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Gewer 259R with folding stock using SVU-A 20-round magazines as a 1960s DMR, y/n?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Thalis
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Thalis » Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Benomia wrote:Gewer 259R with folding stock using SVU-A 20-round magazines as a 1960s DMR, y/n?

Not unless you have a good reason to have an SVT in the squad.

Thalis
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Thalis » Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Saphirasia wrote:This, this, and this.

:3

:3 :3 :3

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Thalis wrote:
Benomia wrote:Gewer 259R with folding stock using SVU-A 20-round magazines as a 1960s DMR, y/n?

Not unless you have a good reason to have an SVT in the squad.

Do you have a reason not to?
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

United Republics of Aralon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of Aralon » Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Fordorsia wrote:I take it most of the regulars know about my FALcoholism. Knowing what I like in a rifle, what would be a decent battle rifle to replace my current one (which is based on the FN FAL)?

Know that my current rifle in in service in 2013 so this replacement battle rifle would need to be rather modern. It's an old platform that can no longer be improved.

Any suggestions?

Current Mk.8 Service Rifle
(Image)

You might want to consider slowing down the ROF on the FAL with a mechanism upgrade,to increase controllability. Dig up my H-LAR writeup from MMW 9 you might want to consider basing something off that system. It is a form of tilting lock, so it even has a bit of FALness to it.
Btw. I shall soon line art the H-LAR.
-I admittedly suk at typing.-
Liberal-Social Democrat, I believe a social net is necessary and that income tax above 25% is unethical as is VAT over 20%
unhelpful definition of the year award, by Cowardly Pacifist
Allies: The Mikill-Jarlhold of Ulfr-Reich
Raise awareness of the Mean World Syndrome! Spread the word!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome
Igitur, qui legis haec lineas, iustus consumpta quinque minutes ut instar sicco contumeliam,ego magnopere respiciunt tibi, fili canis.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue May 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Kalumba wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:I forgot to mention it before, but the electric motor on your improved PIAT is a bad, bad idea. It'll only add considerable weight and bulk to the weapon.

So scrap the electric motor entirely then? I was originally thinking some sort of pneumatic system but thought that would be equally bulky and less reliable. So best just to stick with the old PIAT system, just with a charging handle for an easier reload if the spigot fails to lock back in place.

Pretty much. The PIAT is simple and reliable, that way.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 pm

@FORD

If you're not takin the L64, at least make it so your notafal uses polymer ammunition and fires from a 30-rounder.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Thalis
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Thalis » Tue May 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Benomia wrote:Do you have a reason not to?

It's complex and needs a lot of maintenance, ergo a lot of time and training. The SVT's a good weapon, but between everything from production to use the quality of the peripherals (personnel, machinery etc) has to be high, and I'm sure you could find something better for a lower price (not just in cost terms) elsewhere.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Thalis wrote:

It's complex and needs a lot of maintenance, ergo a lot of time and training. The SVT's a good weapon, but between everything from production to use the quality of the peripherals (personnel, machinery etc) has to be high, and I'm sure you could find something better for a lower price (not just in cost terms) elsewhere.

Closest thing I can think of is a rechambered SKS using detachable mags.

But then you have an SVT in your hands.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue May 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Thalis wrote:

From what I understand, the SVT-40 is pretty easy to operate and build.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

The Mosin-Nagant, of course.
Right behind you...: UDL

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 pm

BEAR?
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Thalis wrote:

Operate yes.
Build I can't really tell for sure. In going to say yes because it, like most Soviet things, was made to be.

As for the SVU, beno, no. The SVU was designed in 1990 and first saw action in [expunged], and was officially adopted in 1994. The -A came about in 199...6 or 7. It, for the absolute last time I'm going over this, had INSANE AMOUNTS OF RECOIL.
I do not want to go over this again. The SVU-A is NOT, I repeat, NOT a good pick as a DMR outside of Air born troops.
Last edited by Puzikas on Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Benomia wrote:
Thalis wrote:

How about a full auto capable SKS with AK mags? The Chinese did it.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Puzikas wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:

Operate yes.
Build I can't really tell for sure. In going to say yes because it, like most Soviet things, was made to be.

As for the SVU, beno, no. The SVU was designed in 1990 and first saw action in [expunged], and was officially adopted in 1994. The -A came about in 199...6 or 7. It, for the absolute last time I'm going over this, had INSANE AMOUNTS OF RECOIL.
I do not want to go over this again. The SVU is NOT, I repeat, NOT a good pick as a DMR outside of Air born troops.

I said the SVU-A's magazine. Unless you can think of another weapon that sported a twenty round 7.62x54R magazine?
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Benomia wrote:

How about a full auto capable SKS with AK mags? The Chinese did it.

Is the AK not superior in every way? As opposed to the SVT, which is just WWIIswaggy, the SKS doesn't really have that.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Benomia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:How about a full auto capable SKS with AK mags? The Chinese did it.

Is the AK not superior in every way? As opposed to the SVT, which is just WWIIswaggy, the SKS doesn't really have that.

I kind of like the SKS better than either. It just looks sexy the way modern AR's just don't. I think it's the lack of a pistol grip.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Benomia wrote:

I kind of like the SKS better than either. It just looks sexy the way modern AR's just don't. I think it's the lack of a pistol grip.

I will give you that. Good ol' fashion wood receiver & rifle stock beats out cold metal and pistol grip any day.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Most modern rifles can, some of them being capable of firing immediately after being brought up out of the water, while a couple can be fired underwater as well (although these are Russian).
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm

*Ahem*

Right behind you...: UDL

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Planning on getting an SKS, how much does one cost?
Or should I get a SVT?
Last edited by Rich and Corporations on Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information