NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Registug
Senator
 
Posts: 4792
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Registug » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Registug wrote:SMGs have had so little character since then, though.

They may not be the most well manufactured things ever, but they'll fuck you up anyway.


While I don't disagree, the fact that a firearm "will fuck you up" should not be a point in its favor. In proper hands a .22 caliber pistol is quite deadly, ask the Mossad if you dare.

I mean, saying "X gun or type of gun is awesome cause it'll fuck you up" is like saying "This car is bad ass cause the engine runs." Its just....kind of something you expect from it. :P

Aha, but that's just more points in their favour.

The car's made out of corrugated iron and drainage pipe yet it still manages to get up to road speed. Bra-fucking-vo, I say!

Image

And they sang as they marched down to the harbour!
You'll come a' waltzin' matilda with me!
Last edited by Registug on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Garshne

Astrayan

User avatar
The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6469
Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Registug wrote:The car's made out of corrugated iron and drainage pipe yet it still manages to get up to road speed. Bra-fucking-vo, I say!

Give me a proper slope and a hefty push and I might pass road speed! :p
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

User avatar
Kalumba
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1368
Founded: May 05, 2011
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Kalumba » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:I was never too keen on the Grease Gun. Nor any WWII era submachine guns for that matter.


I'm pretty much with you on this one.

The Sten and the Grease Gun (more so the Sten), afaik, were unreliable at best. I've heard it said that you don't shoot a M3, you just press the trigger and tag along for the experience. As to the Sten, once again, I've heard it said that "in the hands of a trained shooter, its practically useless."

Everyone loves the Thompson, and I suppose its pretty bitchin, cause ".45 Murrica fuck ya" or something, even if had to be simplified several times over before it could enter mass production.enough could be produced to keep up with war time demand.

You know, I honestly don't know too much about the MP38/MP40, but I've never heard anyone praising hem for their accuracy.



I think that is true for early model Stens, but later models (Mk V onwards) were pretty effective in the role they were intended to play and remained in service until the late 1950's/60's. The reliability issues were more to do with the magazine than the weapon itself, which functioned very efficiently in the western desert if I remember correctly.

The MP40 is to the best of my knowledge considered the best SMG of WWII, and was frequently swapped by allied troops for their Stens or M3s, and was generally well regarded in terms of their accuracy compared to other weapons of the era.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.


Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

User avatar
Triplebaconation
Minister
 
Posts: 2990
Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Triplebaconation » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:31 am

Image
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

User avatar
Elan Valleys
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1780
Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elan Valleys » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:32 am

5 and 10 rounds burst used at 25 and 50m, 5 rounds burst at longer ranges. Standing shooting position.

Overall P/H worst to best:

Sten, MP-40, Thompson, PPSH-41, Beretta, M56.



25m - all equal



50m:

- Sten 80% hit ratio

- rest ~95%



100m:

- Sten - 50% hit ratio

- MP-40 - 60%

- Thompson - 70%

- rest ~90%



150m:

Sten - 30%

MP-40 - 35%

Thompson - 40%

Beretta - 65%

PPSh - 70%

M56 - 80%



200m :

Sten - 10%

MP-40 - 15%

Thompson - 15%

Beretta - 25%

PPSh - 35%

M56 - 45%

Suomi SMG acceptance tests. Left target is single shots, right one is 50 shots in bursts. Distance 100 metres:
Image
I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 am

San-Silvacian wrote:
Benomia wrote:
Is a bullpup assault rifle. Your point?


No it isn't Beano.

Its pretty well known your antics are not liked and are very much so walking the edge with the mods. You are on the edge and keep attempting to push us further and further.

It is very annoying and one of the many reasons certain members don't even want to come here anymore. You know that?


Because debating the meaning of PDW = trolling, right?
:roll:
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 am

Benomia wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
No it isn't Beano.

Its pretty well known your antics are not liked and are very much so walking the edge with the mods. You are on the edge and keep attempting to push us further and further.

It is very annoying and one of the many reasons certain members don't even want to come here anymore. You know that?


Because debating the meaning of PDW = trolling, right?
:roll:

To be honest, I didn't even know what the hell you were talking about in regards to that argument.

And now, the most raved about submachine gun since WW2:
Image
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:19 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:And now, the most raved about submachine gun since WW2:
(Image)


...what about the MP5?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15059
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:32 am

Transnapastain wrote:
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:I was never too keen on the Grease Gun. Nor any WWII era submachine guns for that matter.


I'm pretty much with you on this one.

The Sten and the Grease Gun (more so the Sten), afaik, were unreliable at best. I've heard it said that you don't shoot a M3, you just press the trigger and tag along for the experience. As to the Sten, once again, I've heard it said that "in the hands of a trained shooter, its practically useless."

I think that's probably about the Sten II, am I right? By the time it reached the Mk V it had improved considerably, I believe.
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
Ea90
Senator
 
Posts: 3990
Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ea90 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 am

Purpelia wrote:Alright gun people. Short vs long stroke, what do you prefer and why?

Short, because it has almost the same level of reliability and ease of production as long, while having more accuracy and less recoil.

User avatar
Czechovelkov
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechovelkov » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 am

Benomia wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
No it isn't Beano.

Its pretty well known your antics are not liked and are very much so walking the edge with the mods. You are on the edge and keep attempting to push us further and further.

It is very annoying and one of the many reasons certain members don't even want to come here anymore. You know that?


Because debating the meaning of PDW = trolling, right?
:roll:

I think Beno is fine.

..probably because we are as bad as eachother..

..and mods hate us..
................................................................
Zaleznych Arms™

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15059
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:03 am

Czechovelkov wrote:..and mods hate us..

Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
Czechovelkov
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechovelkov » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 am

Kouralia wrote:
Czechovelkov wrote:..and mods hate us..

Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.

This needs to go in someone sig.
................................................................
Zaleznych Arms™

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15059
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:01 am

Czechovelkov wrote:
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.

This needs to go in someone sig.

Eyyup. But not yours. It's illegal, since sigs are only meant to be 8 lines in length.

;)
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
Czechovelkov
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechovelkov » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 am

Nua Corda wrote:(Image)

No 19th Century Army is complete without the Venerable Pattern 1845 Rifle-Musket, complete with Musketoon and Field-Expedient pistol variants. Officially the most widely exported muzzle-loading rifle in Terra Firma. Why? Because I say so.

The pistol variant is beautiful.
Last edited by Czechovelkov on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
................................................................
Zaleznych Arms™

User avatar
Inquilabstan
Minister
 
Posts: 3002
Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:31 am

Benomia wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:And now, the most raved about submachine gun since WW2:
(Image)


...what about the MP5?

Forget not the good ol' Sterling!
☭ The People's Socialist Republic of Inquilabstan ☭
Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Cosmopolitan – 58% Secular – 73% Visionary – 53% Anarchistic – 26% Communistic – 92% Pacifist – 18% Ecological – 54%

INQUILABSTANI TRIBUNE: Jamshedpur: Students protest alleged medical exam paper leakage. Matrapuram: Onset of rain excites farmers. Laltara: ILEL unveils new low cost tablet. Bishkek: Security forces kill four militants following two hour firefight. Laltara: Foreign ministry holds talks with Emmerian ambassador regarding conflict in Suafrika.

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 am

Czechovelkov wrote:
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.

This needs to go in someone sig.


It was already in mine.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15059
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 am

Benomia wrote:
Czechovelkov wrote:This needs to go in someone sig.


It was already in mine.

*glomps Beno*
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:28 am

Now if that ain't super kawaiii desu I don't know what is.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:30 am

Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20347
Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 am

Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 am

^
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 am


"Caseless, telescoped, or polymer-cased ammunition."
You're in Southeast Asia. Caseless will fall apart.

User avatar
Czechovelkov
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechovelkov » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 am

^yeee boiiiii

everyone in that competition has ripped off some gun and said it's a super gun.

good luck beno.
................................................................
Zaleznych Arms™

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30661
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 am

Yea... I could actually offer an entry but the CTA thing is out of the question. Too bad people are leaving the full powered rifle master class for plastic rounds.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Countriopia, Forlania, Yahoo [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads