NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Rich and Corporations wrote:1. Any of you guys in Los Angeles?
2. Didn't patton say the best weapon is guts and brains?

1. Nope. I like my wind cold, thanks.
2. Gen. Patton was also quite probably insane, and claimed that PTSD didn't exist.

Sevvania wrote:(Image)
What have I found? o.O

(Image)
And is this 'shopped, or is it a real thing?

You have found the Remington model eight. Which is one of my favorite old-school rifles. It also had a chambering for the .25 Remington cartridge, which I consider to be one of the first true intermediates.

Last edited by Nua Corda on Mon May 27, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Benomia wrote:Guys, you'll never guess what just popped into my head.

So, the Gewer 43 had those sights. You know? Where it's like halfway down the rifle and practically flush with the receiver? Yeah. It had those sights.
So that style sight was carried over to the StG-44 when it was made, probably for commonality purposes.

When good ole Mikhail was making the AK, he had an StG-44 close by. The AK has those sights.

The AN-94, which took many cues from the AK, also has those sights.

You see what I mean? Russia is Nazi Germany!

Sigh.

You might want to go study logic fallacies and then see how they apply to your conclusions.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Benomia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Triply better. And what the hell, you got a thing for the Gewehr now?

I've always had a thing for the Gewer. You somehow missed the relentless Gewer 43-ing I did back in Mk. VI & Mod 7?

They have made plenty of fine rifles although what can you expect from H-K?

But the German Military rifles have always been at least decent in most regards.

Heck i used an 98 to go Elk Hunting a few Years back.

So, the Gewer 43 had those sights. You know? Where it's like halfway down the rifle and practically flush with the receiver? Yeah. It had those sights.
So that style sight was carried over to the StG-44 when it was made, probably for commonality purposes.

When good ole Mikhail was making the AK, he had an StG-44 close by. The AK has those sights.

You do realize Mike basically ripped the 44 apart putting together the AK-1 prototype right?

It's no big surprise to any one who knows anything about post war brain drain in Germany.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Mon May 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Nua Corda wrote:You have found the Remington model eight. Which is one of my favorite old-school rifles. It also had a chambering for the .25 Remington cartridge, which I consider to be one of the first true intermediates.

(Image)

So with a full-auto feature, the version I posted could be used as a WWI-era NS assault rifle, aye?

Me gusta.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 27, 2013 5:50 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:You do realize Mike basically ripped the 44 apart putting together the AK-1 prototype right?

Yes.
And it was before the -1. Back during the age of the 7.62x41...which lasted all of ten seconds. But I digress.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Benomia wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:You do realize Mike basically ripped the 44 apart putting together the AK-1 prototype right?

Yes.
And it was before the -1. Back during the age of the 7.62x41...which lasted all of ten seconds. But I digress.

The cartridge used by the soviet 44?

._. christ i only know about that thing because i was bored looking at old russian guns one day on the internet.

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Nua Corda wrote:snip

.25 Remmy is something like 6x50 right?
Unreachable.

United Republics of Aralon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of Aralon » Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Just wait til Puz gets here.
Also AN-94 has no AK sights, but much better sights.
Game image I know, but still quite like this.
Last edited by United Republics of Aralon on Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-I admittedly suk at typing.-
Liberal-Social Democrat, I believe a social net is necessary and that income tax above 25% is unethical as is VAT over 20%
unhelpful definition of the year award, by Cowardly Pacifist
Allies: The Mikill-Jarlhold of Ulfr-Reich
Raise awareness of the Mean World Syndrome! Spread the word!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome
Igitur, qui legis haec lineas, iustus consumpta quinque minutes ut instar sicco contumeliam,ego magnopere respiciunt tibi, fili canis.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:You have found the Remington model eight. Which is one of my favorite old-school rifles. It also had a chambering for the .25 Remington cartridge, which I consider to be one of the first true intermediates.

(Image)

So with a full-auto feature, the version I posted could be used as a WWI-era NS assault rifle, aye?

Me gusta.

Use Monderpgon
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Benomia wrote:
I've always had a thing for the Gewer. You somehow missed the relentless Gewer 43-ing I did back in Mk. VI & Mod 7?

But the German Military rifles have always been at least decent in most regards.

You do realize Mike basically ripped the 44 apart putting together the AK-1 prototype right?

It's no big surprise to any one who knows anything about post war brain drain in Germany.

*sigh*

The AK owes only the stamped construction of the AKM rifles onwards to the StG-44 in terms of the design. The M1 Garand and Remington Model 8 probably had more influence on the design than the 44.

Sevvania wrote:

(Image)

Me gusta.

Aye.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Transnapastain wrote:Sigh.

You might want to go study logic fallacies and then see how they apply to your conclusions.

I just love how Trans shows up right now.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Sevvania wrote:(Image)
And is this 'shopped, or is it a real thing?

Would assume it's shopped since it looks like a Lewis gun with Federov receiver and the like

Real.
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Triplebaconation wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
Would assume it's shopped since it looks like a Lewis gun with Federov receiver and the like

Real.

how dtn, how is it real
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon May 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Benomia wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:Sigh.

I'm always watching, you ought to know this. :P

However, you comment made me think of Metal Gear Awesome? You ever watch that?

"Look, I'm going to say a bunch of things that totally don't make any sense, so, you might as well skip this part"

"Ah, cool, at least he had a decency to tell me....fuck bombs..."

*fast forwards....stops at a part with Snake cuddling with Otacon*

"Hey are you coming onto me?"

*Snake looks at camera*

"Why the hell did you stop on THIS part?"

See for yourself, starting at 3:49 if the video doesn't link right

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon May 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Triplebaconation wrote:
Real.

how dtn, how is it real

Wait, triplebaconation is dtn?

Figures.
Right behind you...: UDL

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon May 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

*sigh*

The AK owes only the stamped construction of the AKM rifles onwards to the StG-44 in terms of the design. The M1 Garand and Remington Model 8 probably had more influence on the design than the 44.

Sevvania wrote:So with a full-auto feature, the version I posted could be used as a WWI-era NS assault rifle, aye?

Me gusta.

Aye.

True no agrument from me but i also point that Russian Techology adopted german designs after the war because it did in practically every aspect of it's Military and Sceince ventures.

I mean this is like saying that the R-7 isn't a heavily updated V-2.
Transnapastain wrote:
Benomia wrote:

"Look, I'm going to say a bunch of things that totally don't make any sense, so, you might as well skip this part"

*Snake looks at camera*

I love metal gear awesome :P

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:snip

.25 Remmy is something like 6x50 right?

6.35x53, yeah. But OAL of 64mm.

Bajireyn wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
how dtn, how is it real

Wait, triplebaconation is dtn?

Figures.

Of course. I knew it was one of the trifecta.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Transnapastain wrote:However, you comment made me think of Metal Gear Awesome? You ever watch that?

No.

Anyway, of KKA-92, in full color:
The AK-103 before there was an AK-103.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Mon May 27, 2013 6:09 pm

PIAT derived AT weapon, issued from 1950-1982 still technically in use but rarely deployed let alone used. 120mm warhead, HE or AP. Range up to 400m AT, 800m against buildings. Instead of relying on the force of the firing charge to recock the spigot it has an electric motor to reload after each shot, with an auxiliary charging handle which makes the weapon solely right-handed.

Any problems with it?
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
*sigh*

Aye.

True no agrument from me but i also point that Russian Techology adopted german designs after the war because it did in practically every aspect of it's Military and Sceince ventures.

I mean this is like saying that the R-7 isn't a heavily updated V-2.
Transnapastain wrote:

*Snake looks at camera*

I love metal gear awesome :P

You implied that the AK was a carbon copy of the StG-44, or close enough, which it quite obviously isn't.

And yes, the R-7 is just an upgraded and modified V2, just like the Saturn V.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Triplebaconation wrote:
Real.

how dtn, how is it real

The Fedorov was the second firearm designed as a weapons system, with rifle, LMG and MMG variants. You should see the water-cooled version.
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:You implied that the AK was a carbon copy of the StG-44, or close enough, which it quite obviously isn't.

I just said the rear sights were similar... :unsure:
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon May 27, 2013 6:15 pm

I managed to shorten the receiver by placing the recoil spring inside the bolt carrier. I also changed the trigger to a AUG-style progressive trigger.

Last edited by Tule on Mon May 27, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Tule wrote:I managed to shorten the receiver by placing the recoil spring inside the bolt carrier. I also changed the trigger to a AUG-style progressive trigger.

(Image)

Looks slightly sexier (and much more controllable). One thing, the magazine looks kind of big for 43mm.
Unreachable.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon May 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Triplebaconation wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
how dtn, how is it real

The Fedorov was the second firearm designed as a weapons system, with rifle, LMG and MMG variants. You should see the water-cooled version.

Didn't know that. So that one is the LMG version then because of the bipod?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information