NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat May 25, 2013 2:05 am

I'm in Germany so then I've decided to make the MG3 my GPMG.

If only NSwiki would fucking cooperate.

Speaking of MG3:
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Sat May 25, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 4:21 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:I'm in Germany so then I've decided to make the MG3 my GPMG.

I made an account there about ten minutes before it went down.

Ugh.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Fischermann
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat May 25, 2013 7:15 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:I'm in Germany so then I've decided to make the MG3 my GPMG.

Speaking of MG3:
(Image)

Why use MG3 when you can have MT-5? Cheaper, has more dakka at 1400 RPM with normal bolt.

أنا الحق

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:19 am

Benomia wrote:

I made an account there about ten minutes before it went down.

Ugh.

Seeing as how I only made one page on NSWiki, I'm not too butthurt about it. Most of my stuff for Orussia/Saphirasia is either on my hard drive, or Imgur.

Also, HEAT and HE-FRAG for an airborne 76mm RCLR that I haven't modeled yet.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:26 am

Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 am

Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:

Oh dear.

You read the write-up, yes?

He's majickly put thirty rounds of .408 CheyTac into a PMAG.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 am

Benomia wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Oh dear.

You read the write-up, yes?

He's majickly put thirty rounds of .408 CheyTac into a PMAG.

I'm more concerned by the very presence of Cheytac.
And .416 Barret
And 8mm Mauser.
And .30-06
And I think I saw 7.62x54mmR in there as well.
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:42 am

And .338 Lapua Magnum.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 am

Christ.

That round's seriously turned into a bloody buzzword.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 am

This was the best part:

The BM-13 differs from almost all other rifles, however. The barrel, gas tube, receiver, and bolt carrier all act as a single component group moving along an axis parallel to the bore, suspended by external stock and the handguard
Last edited by Benomia on Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 am

Benomia wrote:This was the best part:

The BM-13 differs from almost all other rifles, however. The barrel, gas tube, receiver, and bolt carrier all act as a single component group moving along an axis parallel to the bore, suspended by external stock and the handguard

What explanation does he give for this?
Surely he's just describing a long-recoil mechanism that uses the entire receiver as a bolt group to no conceivable gains?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Sat May 25, 2013 8:55 am

Right behind you...: UDL

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat May 25, 2013 8:58 am

Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 am

(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Sat May 25, 2013 9:00 am

These are very nice. My only complaint is the pistol grip on the folding stock variants: It should be a bit thicker, methinks, with a bit more slant. See how skinny it is compared to the grips on the other rifles?
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Sat May 25, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks.

The rifles are chambered in 8.45x50mm Kort, while the SMG is chambered in 7.62x25mm Tsavonian.

Sevvania wrote:

These are very nice. My only complaint is the pistol grip on the folding stock variants: It should be a bit thicker, methinks, with a bit more slant. See how skinny it is compared to the grips on the other rifles?

Thanks, I'll go fix it.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat May 25, 2013 9:28 am

Bajireyn wrote:
Sevvania wrote:These are very nice. My only complaint is the pistol grip on the folding stock variants: It should be a bit thicker, methinks, with a bit more slant. See how skinny it is compared to the grips on the other rifles?

Thanks, I'll go fix it.

Now you decide to fix it :roll:
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 9:29 am

Bajireyn wrote:Cartridge?

The rifles are chambered in 8.45x50mm Kort, while the SMG is chambered in 7.62x25mm Tsavonian.[/quote]

Hmm...

Any chance of a .30 Carbine version?
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sat May 25, 2013 9:35 am

Benomia wrote:
Bajireyn wrote:Cartridge?

The rifles are chambered in 8.45x50mm Kort, while the SMG is chambered in 7.62x25mm Tsavonian.

Hmm...

Any chance of a .30 Carbine version?[/quote]

.30 Carbine is more US derpery. Use a real intermediate, or a real pistol round.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Sat May 25, 2013 9:36 am

Premislyd wrote:
Bajireyn wrote:Thanks, I'll go fix it.

Well, I wanted more than one opinion on the matter before doing something.

Anyways, beano, New Tsavon has never used .30 carbine at any point in history, and its uncommon even on the civilian market. On another note there will probably be a 6.5×54mm Mannlicher-Schönauer chambered late-model SIR.

Corda, 7.62x25mm Tsav, or gtfo.
Last edited by Bajireyn on Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 am

Benomia wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:
Hmm...

Any chance of a .30 Carbine version?

.30 Carbine is more US derpery. Use a real intermediate, or a real pistol round.

I was thinking of the striking similarity the SMG version has to the M1C. Would I be completely wrong if I suggested that Baj's rifle could be slightly modified to accept M1C magazines?
Last edited by Benomia on Sat May 25, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:

Oh dear.

I know!
And here I thought I was being unique by chambering my new rifle in 12.7x99mm NATO. :lol:
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Sat May 25, 2013 9:38 am

Bajireyn wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

Well, I wanted more than one opinion on the matter before doing something.

Anyways, beano, New Tsavon has never used .30 carbine at any point in history, and its uncommon even on the civilian market. On another note there will probably be a 6.5×54mm Mannlicher-Schönauer chambered late-model SIR.

Corda, 7.62x25mm Tsav, or gtfo.

Nonsense. 8x25mm Cordian M/39b or gtfo.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 am

Also, badass Ulfrano-Nordic warsword:

It's glorious history, and the logical progression of the division that uses it:

Deemed a "rite of passage" amongst members of the Veðr-Korp (The dedicated assault and motorized infantry division of the Ulfranes Haer). After returning from either specialized training (three years after completing four-to-six years of standard) or being shifted from the Varanger Korp; the blade presented above is given to those who pass the nightmarish trials to become a Veðrsoldate. The Veðr Korp can in fact trace it's history back to the Original Montertesoldate Korp (dragoons). When the traditional Ulfran Langseax was made into a cavalryman's weapons (Montertesoldate Korp) right alongside a lever action rifle (firing .485 Lengi I might add), the resurrection/more-common-use of a tried and true tool from the collective Ulfran past came to bear. The Ulfran Langseax has always been famous for it's sheer brutal cleaving power, and pattern-welded durability, it was a unique discovery on the behalf of the first "Buðlungr-Ryttere" (King's Riders, equivalent of pseudo-knightly militarized hussars) that the traditional Ulfran Langseax was incredibly practical from the back of a destrier. The ideals of said organization, and their practices in general stuck with them, as their job-description slowly changed from mounted Huscarls with longbows to Cuirassiers, then dragoons, and finally, the glorious Veðr-Korp. The men behind the blade stay the same, the job barely changes, but the uniforms the blade skewers have. Overall, the weapon is viewed as both a piece of ceremonial kit, a true-blue "warsword", and a status symbol to the Veðrsoldate using it.
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information