NATION

PASSWORD

Any Good Factbook Templates Out There?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Any Good Factbook Templates Out There?

Postby Xin Han » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I would really like to start "establishing" my nation within the NS community more. What better way to do that than with an official Factbook. If anyone has any good templates and wishes to "donate" them, feel free. Thank you!
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Any Good Factbook Templates Out There?

Postby Third Spanish States » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Not exactly a template, but an example. When I wrote Third Spanish States factbook I focused more on writing details about its culture, history, etc than at number-crunching. It is down there:

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=540870
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Nice example, very detailed. I will probably use a multitude of templates and examples to create my own. I do like your approach though.
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Basically go with what suits your tastes. There really isn't any "main" way of doing Factbooks, other than people like to see them well ordered and with good grammar and spelling.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Yes, but a template would make it easier for me.

Return to Factbooks and National Information