NATION

PASSWORD

International Workers' Day

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tyriece
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyriece » Thu May 02, 2013 9:59 am

It is celebrated with much enthusiasm
Pro: Education, Democracy, Buddhism, Civil Rights, Liberalism, Philosophy, Idealism, Logic, Pacifism, Happiness, Compassion, Environment, Love, Rationalism, Liberty, Exploration, Tolerance, Diplomacy

Penguinmark
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinmark » Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 am

In Penguinmark, the 1st May is a bank holiday. All businesses must give their workers a day off except for some essential services such as the police and fire service, who are required to give their staff an equivalent day off within May so that they can keep running continuously. If the 1st May falls onto a weekend, the following Monday becomes a bank holiday. Not only that, but elections in Penguinmark are nearly always held on the bank holiday.

The day isn't really "celebrated" except by trade unions, who often hold events on this day. Most people only care about having a day off, or the elections.
Description: Cold Scandinavian-style welfare state with population of 22.3 million. Yes, you guessed it, it has penguins.
Species: 79% sentient penguins, 21% humans; Languages: 60% Danish, 40% Dutch

National Information
Constitution
Useful letters: ÅåÆæØø
RL Political views: Social liberal, Centrist, Eurosceptic, Civic nationalist

Meaningless Politics
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Meaningless Politics » Thu May 02, 2013 11:18 am

It is widely celebrated. The Council 'celebrates' by picking out a random day in May and taking all of the money that large businesses make on that day.
I'm usually not serious about anything. The same applies to any countries created by me.
embassies over here
The people at Stonewall Alliance say my nation is a member.

Central Lothian
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Lothian » Thu May 02, 2013 11:34 am

We treat May 1st as the day between April 30th and May 2nd.

We do have the first Monday in May off, but that's not linked to the date (especially as, in 1995, it was put back a week to mark the 50th anniversary of VE-Day).
Last edited by Central Lothian on Thu May 02, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please note: Central Lothian is the direct successor to Mid Lothian*. As a result, I am still called Rebecca, I am still a Grammar Nazi and most information pertaining to ML also applies to CL (although I will be taking this time to change a few things).

* - And I may refer to the country as Mid Lothian. If I do, assume that I mean Central Lothian. (And not to be confused with "Midlothian" - I'm using that as a fascist version of CL.)

Zersium wrote:I actually meant England. Scotland uses the pound?

Milograd wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:We are a MEGA POWER-A combination between Hyperpower and Smart Power

Obviously. If there is one word that describes Kalasparata, it is obviously "smart."

Heavenly Peace
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavenly Peace » Fri May 03, 2013 12:09 pm

International Worker's Day is completely ignored in Heavenly Peace. The majority of its citizens celebrate 'Hooray-Karl-Marx-Is-Dead-And-We-Don't-Care-If-We-Offend-Sensitive-Lefties-Day' on the same date instead.
Last edited by Heavenly Peace on Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freeborn Englishman classical liberal & individualist
Michael Gove: Saviour of the British education system, Scourge of the Trade Unions, Prime Minister-In-Waiting
Economic Left/Right: 8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frédéric Bastiat
Stop the War on Drugs End the Debt Open the Borders
The American War of Independence was an English Civil War

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 pm

In the Federation of Free Republics, that day is only celebrated by supporters of the Communist Party FFR, the Progressive Coalition, the Green Coalition and other leftist groups and in Republics that they control, meaning a very small portion of the Federation. It would be ill-advised to claim that May 1st was a holiday in most of the Federation, because the Progressives and Greens are routinely mocked in our entertainment, creating a stigma around being a member or supporter of a leftist party.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Gorgashia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorgashia » Fri May 03, 2013 12:28 pm

*points to flag*

As you can probably see, it's largely celebrated as a national holiday. For the whole day, all businesses temporarily shut down and the whole day is marked by feasting, parties and increased participation at the really, really free markets of the municipalities.

Heavenly Peace wrote:International Worker's Day is completely ignored in Heavenly Peace. The majority of its citizens celebrate 'Hooray-Karl-Marx-Is-Dead-And-We-Don't-Care-If-We-Offend-Sensitive-Lefties-Day' on the same date instead.

(OoC: Okay, credit where it's due, that gave me a good chuckle).
Syndicalist Celts. Bluntly put.

"Dude...nice firearms rights and everything...but your society is seriously messed up. :P" - Orellana.

Just your typical Canadian on the internet. TG if me you want to have a chat/debate/whatever.

"<Emerita> When Entropy goes "naw bro, unlivable"
<Emerita> Shit is indeed, unlivable.
"

"<Daemyrs> NSG is the warp
<Daemyrs> Nothing makes sense there
(Also attributed to Ulthrannia)
"

From Magic to Post-Modernism, we have it all; consider signing up for New Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Vloskovia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vloskovia » Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 pm

It is a national holiday in Vloskovia.
< Place generic signature here >

Seiru
Diplomat

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seiru » Fri May 03, 2013 4:16 pm

National holiday and wildly celebrated by all. We take pride in our workers of course.
Just some radom Asian flirter and romancer
GAY
Pro Technocracy Pro LGBT Classical Liberal Strongly Anti-Theist But do believe in the supernatural... To an extent
Pro-science Anti-Military Pro-business as a form of negotiation
Luveria wrote:
Thafoo wrote:He's a sadist...

I am too but that doesn't mean I'm not nice to people. Seiru is a meanie. :(
Find me on Maplestory!
Name: MystaTakeo
World: Chaos

You know Mystletainn? He is a classmate and close friend of mine.
Economic: Right/Left: 9.1
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.1
Conservative Cosmopolitan

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information