NATION

PASSWORD

Technology advancements in your nation?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Before the War, we were relatively technologically stagnant. However, as the need to advance grew we were able to pick up the pace in just about every category. Now however our unchecked advances are starting to fragment society as memetic civil wars rage across our data streams and objective reality becomes increasingly irrelevant.
Last edited by New Pyrrhius on Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News of the Hour:
1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Cliathe
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cliathe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 am

Mostly mt stuff with the occasional sci-fi thing like AI tanks and that electric shield fence thing from the enclave in fall out 3 and flying security cameras disguised as crows and such.

Basicly MT, PMT and MT that is disguised to look & act like steampunk.
Last edited by Cliathe on Sun May 05, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation true name: Cl'iath

Hundermenschen
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 am

Infantry armour is made from thin plated titanium allot which is supported with a liquified carbon based shield.
When in darkness. The only way is forward.

Vynlea
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vynlea » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 pm

MT on par with nations like Estonia and Malaysia.
It's so obvious that I am a puppet

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:05 pm

While FT Volnotov(a) is arguably your average RoUS style Godmoddem-SciFi, "mt" Volnotov(a) is an entirely different story.

In fact, MT, PMT and PT aren't really relevant labels to Volnotov(a) even if you get around the trouble of defining it in the first place.

Generally what I consider "MT" "Volnotov(a)" consists of a technological mishmash ranging from medieval (and even pre-medieval) technology to anything our modern technological jargon would have trouble defining.

Warriors fighting alongside superhuman AIs, railguns and sophisticated directed energy weapons with mechanised bows, pneumatic projectile weaponry, medieval-reminiscent melee weapons and full-plate armour mounted on flying bioengineered alien monstrosities is not a rare sight.

This includes combining medieval and modern military tactics.

In other fields and segments of society: same story.
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Sanian Confederacy wrote:
A combination of Modern Schizo (MT) and Fantasy Tech (FanT). So everything from modern computers with high communication abilities, advanced automatic weapons and composite body armor, jet planes, helicopters, laser-guided missiles, and advanced medical sciences. Along with such things as magically powered golems, airships propelled by arcane engines, spell craft and the enchantment of items there of. Intertwined to the degree that the arcane sciences, industry, and wartime magical technology have laid the groundwork for personal plasma weapons, powered armor, portable rail/coil guns, super-vacuum technologies, and the relatively widespread proliferation of biomechatronics with the aim to integrate mechanical elements, electronics and parts of biological organisms into improved singular beings.

Another interesting take on the whole thing.

+1

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Brocwika
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brocwika » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:27 pm

We have pre-ww2 to 1950s technology with a lot of Dieselpunk tech and themes.

But hey, it's based off per war Poland so, not that industrialized.
Vintery, Mintery, Cuttery, Corn
Appleseed and Applethorn
Wire, Briar, Limberlock
Three geese in a flock
One flew east, one flew west...
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Current Time To Doomsday
"A fear of weapons is a sign of undeveloped emotional and sexual maturity"~~Sigmund Freud.

My Website (it's not finished but check it out)

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Rejistania still uses dialup to connect to the internet. There is right now a huge media stink because the CEO of the biggest ISP has a 20Mbit/sec connection. The fastest private one in Rejistania.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Mostly Modern Tech with a few PMT thrown in since we're a few years into the future. An HIV vaccine is the works, smartphones are as thin as a piece of plastic, LCD TV's are very thin as well, nuclear fusion is being researched heavily, and a rocket is in development that would send humans to Mars in 30 days. Nanotechnology making huge strides including military surveillance cameras disguised as house flies, and nano machines that can target cancerous cells in the body.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Arkiasis wrote:smartphones are as thin as a piece of plastic,

And I guess even then still no way to scale the text and thus annoying to use. ;)
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm

We have detonated a proton-based quantum bomb, bioengineered Terran pathogens to bring our immediate neighbors to their knees, and constructed an asteroid-sized shipyard in orbit of our home planet. In addition, we use nano-materials such as carbon and nitride nanotubes for producing many of our needed goods, and one can expect some primitive robots lined up in nanofabrication facilities, ready to assemble the latest HKAR-72B beam rifles in one of our many megaplexes.

About the only tecchnology field we have fell behind in is in domestic robotics due to a heavy emphasis on other, rather less frivolous pursuits. This is not to say they don't exist, but rather that androids are seen as redundant and nowhere near as useful as specialized tools in a small apartment cubicle.

Welcome to Tantalus.

Terraburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraburg » Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm

City sized spaceships and shielded power armor with built in rail operated mortar launchers in the arm. The suits also have carbon myofiber muscles for a strength boost.

A war can be literally won by 5 people.
FT - Terraburg
MT - New United Earth

Nation of traumatized civilians that narrowly escaped corporate control. Now finds new and improved ways of screwing with people.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Social Democrat. 12 percent are in the same category and 21 percent are more extremist.
Percentages
Map

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Thu May 02, 2013 3:38 pm

To name a few.
  • Nearly pinpoint-accurate Slipspace navigation
  • FTL communications systems
  • Highly-advanced cybernetics and life support systems
  • Artificial gravity manipulation
  • AI made from cloned brain tissue
  • Railguns
Right behind you...: UDL

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 am

Terraburg wrote:City sized spaceships and shielded power armor with built in rail operated mortar launchers in the arm. The suits also have carbon myofiber muscles for a strength boost.

A war can be literally won by 5 people.

Depends on the numbers.

Tamoi
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamoi » Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 am

The Tamoi are aware of computers and motor cars and electric ranges and such, but very very few people have any of them, and for the most part they're considered entirely unnessessary. Even if anyone were to want one, the infrastructure for those things does not exist. Most transportation is by boat or simply human portage, communications technology is nonexistant, and wood, sheep's dung, and whale fat are the primary sources of fuel. Charcoal is also used, but almost exclusively for smelting and firing pottery, occassionally for blacksmithing when forgewelding is nessessary. Guns (muzzleloading rifles) are perhaps the most common of the more modernised technologies just because they have so many extremely practical uses in daily life, and even then crossbows are more common (although more expensive). Otherwise, even metal tools are infrequently used in favour of tools more quickly produced on the spot. Moose or caribou hide, birch bark, felt, or logs, are the typical housing materials. Nonetheless, there are some families with simple water wheel generators or manure generators to power lights or cooking, and there is one Tamoi radio station that runs this way, and the principles of electricity are taught in the education system, but with the amount of work needed to pound out that much wire most people don't care to do it.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 am

It is technologically advanced enough to have robotics act as humans, while thankfully in no mood to try and kill us. We also have flying cars with no wings, trains that can break the speed of sound, though they're maglev trains, cybernatics, space elevators, supertall structures and buildings, recycling with near maximum efficiency and the likes.

However, we are not technologically advanced enough such that we are able to travel from a solar system to another within a generation or to have nuclear weapons. We believe that someone, somewhere, however, is plotting to build one as we speak and has also drawn plans for more explosive materials to be used in these bombs.

And out of personal preference, while the technology to replicate thoughts in our head to real life is available to us, though it is mostly limited to pictures, not concepts, most of us prefer to attempt picturing it by ourselves through the means of art instead. That might be skirted around a bit with cybernatics, however, though one could argue that they are still the ones doing it in the end and that that was all that really mattered.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Petrovsegratsk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovsegratsk » Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 am

We're about as advanced as the RL USA, always on the cutting edge of technology.
My name is Николай and I am from Россия.

IMPEACH CHARLES XII - LEGALIZE MODERNIZATION - ISOLATION IS THEFT - PETER THE GREAT 1682

The Capitalist Russian, a rare species.

Yandere Schoolgirls wrote:Capitalism is the most moral and effective system for bringing wealth to countries that man has ever devised or known

Hippostania wrote:I live in the second largest metropolitan area in the country (with a grand population of 300,000 :p) and as a lifelong city dweller, I have no skills to survive in the wild whatsoever. To put it mildly, I'd be royally fucked.

The Ben Boys wrote:They are so cute. It's like a toddler trying to wrestle a bear, except the toddler is retarded, doesn't have any teeth, and poops way too much.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat May 04, 2013 8:51 am

The Federation of Free Republics is a post-modern tech nation. Our technology is roughly 10 years in the future for the most part. We have flying cars, but only for the wealthy. Basically, everybody in the Federation has a 1 gbps or faster unlimited Internet connection on their cell phone and their phone functions as a wi-fi hotspot. 3D printers are currently a popular item and are especially popular with weapons enthusiasts, as weapons from 3D printers are impossible to detect. That can be very helpful when traveling in foreign countries that do not respect the fundamental human right to self-defense.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Kronikta
Envoy

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kronikta » Sat May 04, 2013 9:51 am

Over the last couple of centuries, The Khroniktan Alliance has gone from a late medieval era (steel armor, weapons, and early gunpowder) to a Type IV civilization. We're just that awesome...

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

While Toishima is fairly advanced in the modern world, such that we may be able to compare to other modern powers in terms of civilian and military applications of technology, we do possess the H-3 Weapon, which is a hydrogen-based explosive that causes no radioactive fallout whatsoever. However, said weapons are of an extremely limited number. As of yet.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

The Sector Union
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sector Union » Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 am

Interstellar spaceflight is what we're proud of.
Purge the Xeno! For the Homo Sapien, For the Imperium of Terra!!!!

"In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good." -Sun Tzu

Luxvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxvia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:38 am

Luxvia has great investments in modern technology.

Grand Russian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Russian Federation » Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 am

In MT, as advanced as Russia is today, and then some.

In PMT, enough to be able to make soldiers with metal outsides (think cybermen, but Russian) and enough for experimental teleportation tech.

In FT... Well, it's FT. Plasma guns, large scale teleports, all that future stuff.
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 30/8/2014

If you RP with me, you accept my tech and history.
IC Name - Federated Commune of Russlavia

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 pm

We have advanced Fabricator technology and our capitol ships are 120 Km in length.
Micro Fusion Reactors, Anti-matter engines, 3 types of FTL, Nano-robotics, advanced gene modification and fully integrated cybernetics, AI, Advanced Robotics. We are currently working on the concept of either perpetual energy or a self replenishing energy supply to put at the core of the new homeworld we are planning.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Commonalitarianism
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Commonalitarianism » Sat May 04, 2013 2:16 pm

We have a mix of PMT and alternative technology, especially clean technology.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information