NATION

PASSWORD

Odd Facts About Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:19 pm

The Tió or Christmas log.

Is a Christmas tradition of my country and nearby territories both sides of the Pyrinees.
In most houses there is a log in Christmas day, normally it has stick leg, a smiling face and wears the traditional cap. That is "fed" by the household children the days before Christmas.
During Christmas children assemble around the log and beat it with sticks while playing a song to make it the defecate presents.

Meridiniem
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Meridiniem » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:48 am

Meridiniem's national animal is constantly seen breaking into homes and stealing children. This has caused population growth issues in the last few decades.

Cakasia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cakasia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:06 am

There's an abundance of completely pink trees located on the central and surrounding islands of my nation, they have pale pink bark and hot pink leaves, they were named Caka trees, and one thing led to another, eventually my nation was named Cakasia, land of the Cakas.
h i

Cavisco
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavisco » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Though Cavisco has lazer pistols, robots and hydrogen powered cars, 98.7% of television sets in the nation are black and white. We use AM radio as well.

The transistor has not been invented and computers, robots and automated systems are all vacuum-tube based.
Last edited by Cavisco on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Igilgili
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Igilgili » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 am

Both the Igilgilian Legislature and its house (the Parliament) are officially named 'Council of Fools'.
The Academic Hypertrophic Dude of Igilgili
Isyiiara

The Greater Gothic Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gothic Empire » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:27 am

At least almost every Goth owns a DaBaby convertible, which is the Volkswagen Beetle for the Empire.

LESS GOOOO
Last edited by The Greater Gothic Empire on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GREATER GOTHIC EMPIRE
MAGNVM GOTHICVM IMPERIVM
"Je Dio ni fidas"

United cacti of Estaban
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United cacti of Estaban » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 pm

All of the United Cacti of Estabans states are named after species of cactus
United Cacti of Estaban
"For the cactus,we thank"

Gadalland and Aspern
Secretary

Founded: Aug 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gadalland and Aspern » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:09 pm

The first job of the newly elected Customary Logistics Council members is to do their laundry by hand. This tradition supposedly dates back to the 14th Century when the members of a CLC equivalent bunked together and had to wash their new uniforms.
Six Unions of Gadalland and Aspern

A member of Unio Sertiae

Head Coucillor of Immigration and Citizenship for the Customary Logistics Council

The Customary Logistics Council is seeking many Councillor Positions. To apply, please visit Gadalland and Aspern's Factbook.

Kingdom of Halia and United Territories
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Halia and United Territories » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 pm

The Hali people have genetic resistance to capsaicin because they eat very spicy local plants. The spices have only recently become a luxourious export.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 am

In Voxija, polygamy is legal only for Muslims.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:18 am

In Bolslania,

The German Kaiser sits on the throne of a Technocratic Republic that was first suggested to Europe by Bulgaria.

Figure that one out.

The Koskr
Secretary

Founded: Apr 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Koskr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:30 am

While the Koskr possess an external currency for foreign trade, the internal domestic economy functions without currency and uses systems of calculation-in-kind, barter, economic planning and reciprocity.
Košron is the national ideology of the Koškr and builds on four principles for all of society:

Clan: All levels of society must serve those around them:
A Koš must aid their clan so their clan can aid its fellow clans so they can all aid the nation, so all levels can aid their members.

Task: A Koš and their clan must work efficiently and harmonious for the whole, like organs in a body or birds in a flock.

Team: All Koš must advance as one, and share the common bounty of that advancement so no individual grows delirious off excess while his compatriots starve.

Nation: Like birds in a flock, individual souls follow their fellows in the wake of their common spirit, a sum greater than its parts. The flock must exalt the common spirit of their clan and nation to ascend with them.

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 pm

11% of the human populations within the nation suffers from a formerly rare disease called Trimethylaminuria, multiple members of the royal family included as well. The disease causes the affected individual to emit a rather unpleasant scent. Despite being technologically advanced, there is no cure for this disease or genetic alteration discovered yet that could prevent the next generation from inheritance. Being a recessive genetic, it is believed that the percentage affected will remain around the same in the long-term future.

Anti-discrimination laws have been enacted in the year 2102 to prevent anyone affected from being denied a position specifically based on this disease after the situation got so bad that studies reported that a higher percentage of people with the disease feeling less accepted and worse treated by society.

It is believed that this once rare disease was made common as a consequence of the voluntary repopulation program in which the nation was set to restore the 75% of people killed off during the Great Plague of the 21st century. A volunteer was speculated to have been holding the recessive gene and passed it down to many offspring, leading to the current state of of how many are holders.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Philosocom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Philosocom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:00 pm

The website's amount of "citizens" is determined by the amount of members who have created an account on the site. In other words, as of writing this post, the number of citizens are around 100-200. The frequency of activity on the site is irrelevant to said membership.
This is an actual backlink outpost of an actual website, run by an actual person. Philosocom.com -- free-of-charge philosophical website by Mr. Tomasio Rubinshtein.

NationStates Trade Company
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Trade Company » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:34 pm

[1] The Trade Company is actually many smaller thalassocratic based companies that travel globes in order to settle down ports for more of their fellow developing companies to use as a sort've mega highway for seafaring trade to flourish.

[2] Despite having no standing army and is usually rooted in diplomatic solutions, the NationStates Trade Company has a colossal navy protecting the many companies' ships from danger such as surprise attacks or pirate raids.
[2.5] Adding to its unusually large universal navy, for much of the NSTC's history, it has also served as a navy-for-hire. Though, due to the organization's best buyers becoming more technologically and militarily advanced, this caused the activity of the navy to die down in recent decades.

[3] Unknown to outsiders, the organization regularly buys children from slave centers. They are reeducated in all sectors and then taught in business to be given a second chance at a new free life where they can become successful businessmen / businesswomen.

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:11 pm

While the Chairman of the People's Defense Council is the Supreme Commander of the Zhouranese People's Army, thus making them the overall head of the world's most powerful military force, the People's Defense Council is subordinate to the State Presidium and thus the Chairman of the PDC generally needs democratic approval from the State Presidium including the President of the SP when it comes to highly-strategic crucial military decision-making. Nevertheless, within the framework of Zhouranese politics, the Chairman of the PDC is the second most powerful in the country following the President of the State Presidium.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information