NATION

PASSWORD

Odd Facts About Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zorbae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorbae » Sat May 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Religious buildings such as churches, mosques, synagogues, gudwaras and temples must be specially built. It is quite easy to obtain permission to build these buildings, but converting another building to one of religion is prohibited, and changing a religious building to a secular one is a tightly restricted affair.
'Shakespeare is a drunken savage with some imagination whose plays please only in London and Canada' - Voltaire
Name: D A Russell
Nationality: United Kingdom
Residence: Essex, England, UK
Race: White
Religion: Roman Catholic
Orientation: Straight
Party: Conservative (UK)
European Union: Pro-EU
Political Beliefs: Orange-Book Liberalism,
One-Nation Conservatism, High Tory Conservatism,
Thatcherite Conservatism

I don't 'think' Europe is better than America. I know it is.

Apparently this sig is "too blue".

They call themselves neo-pagans: Odinists, Druids, Osirites. I call them pretenders, false claimants to long-forgotten thrones.

I am in fact a group of monkeys who got bored of typing up Shakespeare
The United Imperial Khaganate of Zorbae

Tyrandel
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrandel » Sat May 09, 2015 11:42 pm

Here's an odd fact: There are now three fact threads in F&NI.

Here's an odd fact about Tyrandel: It is considered improper to kill the non-combat subordinates of a rival, as they are considered to be extensions of their superior's will. 'Just following orders' is a legitimate defense in Tyrandel, and indeed not following orders is seen poorly. There are avenues to report your superior should they prove truly reprehensible, but this involves reporting them to their superior. After a certain point, orders become directives and one is responsible for their actions. There is no formal point at which orders become directives, but generally once they become broad enough to interpret them with your personal biases they have passed the point. "Create a local bureaucracy for this specific town, with these positions and this many officials" is an order, "pursue tasks increasing the presence of the government in this region" is a directive. The former would be given to a Magistrate (a mid-level government official not tied to any specific location), the latter would be given to a Governor (the highest local official of a specific region).

Tolmakia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolmakia » Sun May 17, 2015 4:48 am

Boiled onions are a delicacy here. Other than that, outstanding members of the cabinet get their own Lego minifigure of themselves (called the Liju Award) which they can keep for life.
~REPUBLICAN STATE OF TOLMAKIA~

Official Tolmakia Wiki

Claven
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Sun May 17, 2015 4:50 am

The men here can have babies too
Protector: The Unified Earth Government
Protectorate: Penguinlanda
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

My Views On These Nations
The Unified Earth Government
Finsternia
Completed!! Open for business!! TG me!!
Cumberlanda wrote:Not exactly frightened at their military.
Their promiscuity? Scary.
Coalition for Justice

Dierdista
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dierdista » Sun May 17, 2015 5:49 am

In Dierdista, it is banned to say the Dierdistin word for 9 [shmret] in a graveyard, because the word also means death in Dieryezzik.
"A fool has a great advantage over a smart man: He's always pleased with himself." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Life isn't fair. Get used to it." ~ Bill Gates

"I know you're here to kill me. Shoot cowards, you'll only kill a man." ~ Che Guevara

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 am

The sunrise in parts of Minroz can be as late as 10AM because the country joined its five time zones into a single one.

Thompson island
Attaché

Founded: Dec 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thompson island » Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 am

in thompson island, almost a twentieth of the country is controlled by communist rebels left over from our civil war

Solitan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Solitan » Sun May 17, 2015 11:41 am

• Legal age to perform any act is 15.
  • Marriage in the sense of real-world marriage does not exist and is replaced with an oath of loyalty.
  • Solitan is divided into provinces, the term "Solitan" applies only to the Capital Province, all the other provinces are referred to by their names, and the entire collection of all Provinces and the Capital Province is "Solitania".
  • The language of Solitan is called Solitanean Teutonik, and is a mix of the Solitaik dialect, and real-life German, Hungarian and Czech.
  • As a ritual act, all boys and girls on the day they turn 13 must choose a patron God or Goddess and sacrifice an animal to him or her.
  • Soldiers in the military will cut themselves and use the blood to draw a symbol on their helmet before war or possible combat.
  • Solitaneans believe that death caused by service to the nation will be rewarded by becoming the Honour Guard in the afterlife of the God of War.
--{[Misanthropic Nihilist]}--

Celtic Britannia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Celtic Britannia » Sun May 17, 2015 2:47 pm

The main North-south railway in Celtic Britannia (London to Edinburgh) is a Maglev (magnetic levitation) line.

R A I N B O W
I'm a: Male, Gay,Patriotic, Monarchist. I also love Swing Music! :D

League of Imperial Nations : Next Imperial meet at Belgravia Palace, Londinion

West-shore Islands
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby West-shore Islands » Sun May 17, 2015 3:09 pm

WSI has waged war with nearly every (but soon all) nations that happened to own islands.

The goverment spent all it's liquidity on brass for the military, thus resulting in the weight based currency.

Indevidual islands decides their own official language, which makes things a bit difficult.

You can travel around the earth without setting foot on anything but west-shorian land, the project that allowed this was expensive.

Serconas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serconas » Sun May 17, 2015 3:17 pm

The current Empress of Serconas likes to eat cookies on interplanetary military stations.
A wild Owl appeared from the tall grass!

Tolmakia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolmakia » Wed May 20, 2015 7:45 am

The green minister, Sally Small claims that she fell in love with a selkie when she was a teenager. Strangely, this helped boost her approval ratings later on.
~REPUBLICAN STATE OF TOLMAKIA~

Official Tolmakia Wiki

Derngea
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Derngea » Wed May 20, 2015 1:21 pm

In Derngea, some criminals are forced to appear as contestants on Japanese-style TV game shows. And you know how insane those are; it's basically a form of torture, that isn't actually torturous in nature.
THINK TWICE BEFORE USING NS STATS: If you see a stat in my Factbook, use that.
"It was like Japan..But a whole lot weirder.."
-German Tourist, still sick from Chuck E. Cheese pizza...

"Everyone spoke in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, and everything doesn't make sense. Add the Chuck E. Cheese obsession to this, plus some Engrish, and you've got a nightmare."
-Devernian Tourist

YOUR REVIEW COULD BE HERE!

Hypora
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypora » Wed May 20, 2015 1:24 pm

everyone age 5 and up must start military training

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:16 am

There is no word for ‘soldier’ in Menggu language. Scholars have not been able to identify the exact Menggu word for ‘soldier’. There is a definitive reason for that, as the entire Menggu society was organized for the purpose of conflict. In essence, every tribal member was considered a part of the military, and the society as a whole was considered as a collective war-machine that functioned in a clock-work fashion during extended campaigns.

The Ishvarrian historian Ismail Jaivani had summarized the Menggu warrior culture in his account of “The History of The World Conqueror“, that detailed the Taizu Emperor's conquest of the Middle East: It is a peasantry in the guise of an army, all of them, great and small, noble and base, in time of battle becoming swordsmen, archers, lancers and advancing in whatever manner the occasion requires.

Covasion Isle
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Covasion Isle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

Everyone here just chills out and nothing else!
We might race a turtle or two, or perhaps marvel at the perfect civilization of the local ants, but that's all really.
you know, we need to train turtles to rocket across flaming hoops
that would be wicked chill

Dominated Earth
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominated Earth » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 am

We've become advanced enough to have no need for crude oil anymore. Most vehicles, save from aircraft and some more vintage vehicles, are run on electricity.
-Sol
-Alpha Centuri
The new and improved me factbook!
I use early FT. This nation is based in 2140. Population is capped at 20 Billion. This nation doesn't represent all my views. I'm also in University studying Astronomy. We aren't Nod
DES Global News: Disgruntled nano engineer arrested after unleashing a hoard of screeching slime creatures on Tokyo|DES Inquisition purge the corrupt politicians and law enforcement of Kiev in brutal public executions without trial|Man comes home from work to find his house covered in silk worm silk.

Forlini and its Dominion
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Forlini and its Dominion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:07 am

The Empress is fond of social media sites and she can usually be seen on her smartphone during government meetings and even State Opening of Parliament, mostly tweeting and making vines.

Oceania Oriental
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Year of the January Tigers

Postby Oceania Oriental » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:48 pm

In 2011, Queen Arabela mysteriously cancelled all classes for students K through 12 for the fall. Essentially, they're summer break extended to December when they were brought in for two non-instruction days on December 21 and 22. They resumed regular classes on January 8, 2012 and all moved on to the next grade without issue. That year her husband, King Arturo also let three of their tigers roam freely about the hallways and rooms of one of Oceania Oriental's four principal high schools. The students at this school, Lago de la Magdalena, spent those two non-instruction days learning how to handle and go about their routines in the presence of tigers.

The monarchs have yet to give any clear explanation of this event.

Vallermoore
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vallermoore » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:38 am

If a male wants to be a girl it's gently encouraged.

Stormaen
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Stormaen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

Until 1975, Stormaen's de facto second language was Scottish Gaelic. The language has been present on the island since at least the first wave of Scottish settlers in the mid-17th century. Due to this long – and at time, isolated – presence, Scottish Gaelic as spoken in Stormaen developed its own dialect (similar to Canadian Gaelic) and called Stormaen Gaelic or Gàidhlig Stòirmeanach.

Despite the fact that the number of speakers fell year on year from the 1850s, the language remained the second most spoken language at home. Following the Second World War, however, the number of immigrants coming from outside the British Empire (or Commonwealth, as it became) rose substantially. By 1975, Polish replaced Gàidhlig Stòirmeanach as Stormaen's second most spoken language.

Polish remains the second most spoken language in Stormaen.
Last edited by Stormaen on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falklands Forever! “Malvinas” Never!
Free West Papua

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am

A recent fashion survey determined that there are roughly 6 hats for every adult in the Merchant Republics. Which means the mass of hats would easily be nearly that of a small, very fashionable asteroid.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Someone nuked our capital once.

Then we nuked the whole world.
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

The Northern Kingdoms
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Kingdoms » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:25 am

If you enter a bathroom with the lights off, light some candles, face the mirror, close your eyes, and whisper "This smile is megidolaon axecute." (axecute is pronounced ak-se-cyoot) while smiling, a cute ghost girl wearing a pretty white dress and a pair of high heel boots will appear on the bathroom when you open your eyes and be your friend. While it is normal for one to dismiss it as urban legend, it's actually for real. Scientists are finding out how this is the case, and whether a mamono is causing this or not.
The Northern Kingdoms
De Nordliga Riken
La Nordaj Regnoj

I use Monster Girl Encyclopedia (although set on modern time) as a medium for roleplay (my nation is not limited to it, though). I am an MT nation (set in today), with experimental and a few functioning PMT technology. My nation is when Sweden smokes much weed, takes much LSD, takes up more arms than normal, and dates a monster girl (mamono).

Notralgia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Notralgia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:30 am

Even though the Great Independence Revolution ended 250 years ago, we are still recovering from it. This is due to our leaders being assassinated randomly. This year alone we have gone through 25 Presidents!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information