NATION

PASSWORD

Applications for Aurora! (Open, MT RPing Region, NO ALTS)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 pm

hello! aurora has a map? if yes we want see pleas?

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Zarasqa wrote:hello! aurora has a map? if yes we want see pleas?

Try again, with proper spelling and grammar.

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Zarasqa wrote:hello! aurora has a map? if yes we want see pleas?

Pot leaf flag, first post is here, and terrible grammar. Not exactly what we're looking for, he could try Cornellia though, I'm sure they'd take 'im :p
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:26 am

The Cookish States wrote:
Norvenia wrote:

Pot leaf flag, first post is here, and terrible grammar. Not exactly what we're looking for, he could try Cornellia though, I'm sure they'd take 'im :p

hello! we apologize for our bad english, we since hired a translator to help with our foreign affairs:) we wanted to ask if there is a map of this region? and if in case of joining this region you are placed on that map?
to the Cookish states: yes pot leaf is on our flag-because all our economy is based on the plant since the colonial times :p . Also even if English is one of official languages in our country, only an estimated 2% of population is fluent in it.
we hope we made ourselfs more clear. thank you :bow:

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:44 am

Zarasqa wrote:
The Cookish States wrote:Pot leaf flag, first post is here, and terrible grammar. Not exactly what we're looking for, he could try Cornellia though, I'm sure they'd take 'im :p

hello! we apologize for our bad english, we since hired a translator to help with our foreign affairs:) we wanted to ask if there is a map of this region? and if in case of joining this region you are placed on that map?
to the Cookish states: yes pot leaf is on our flag-because all our economy is based on the plant since the colonial times :p . Also even if English is one of official languages in our country, only an estimated 2% of population is fluent in it.
we hope we made ourselfs more clear. thank you :bow:

I don't think you are quite what we are looking for, you have still failed to use correct grammar and spelling and an economy based on pot does not fit in a realistic MT region.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 am

we harvest pot for food and pharmaceuthical reassons, we use it as resource for fuel production and make many materials out of it, and many more

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am

Okay. First off: this is an OOC thread. OOC means "out of character". Out of character means that you are speaking as a player, not a nation, so drop the "we". If you are not yourself a native English speaker, that's fine - but you still need to make an effort. I don't see that happening right now. And if you're unwilling to make an effort on the sign-up thread, then why on earth would you make an effort in RPs once we admit you?

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 am

Norvenia wrote:Okay. First off: this is an OOC thread. OOC means "out of character". Out of character means that you are speaking as a player, not a nation, so drop the "we". If you are not yourself a native English speaker, that's fine - but you still need to make an effort. I don't see that happening right now. And if you're unwilling to make an effort on the sign-up thread, then why on earth would you make an effort in RPs once we admit you?

ok im sorry didnt know about what OOC is,but there is more of us operating this nation also yes none is native english speaker, one of the reassons we may want to join is aswell to improve our English. but for now i was just more interested in this region and see what you are about not join right away and only for u to be dissapointed latter. i have hard time searching the formus and finding threads for now so i was just looking for more info in order or maybee just links,
thank you :bow:

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 am

Zarasqa wrote:
Norvenia wrote:Okay. First off: this is an OOC thread. OOC means "out of character". Out of character means that you are speaking as a player, not a nation, so drop the "we". If you are not yourself a native English speaker, that's fine - but you still need to make an effort. I don't see that happening right now. And if you're unwilling to make an effort on the sign-up thread, then why on earth would you make an effort in RPs once we admit you?

ok im sorry didnt know about what OOC is,but there is more of us operating this nation also yes none is native english speaker, one of the reassons we may want to join is aswell to improve our English. but for now i was just more interested in this region and see what you are about not join right away and only for u to be dissapointed latter. i have hard time searching the formus and finding threads for now so i was just looking for more info in order or maybee just links,
thank you :bow:

Look, I'm sorry, but if this really is the best English that you can write, I don't think that this is the region for you. I tried to go through and correct that last post, just to show you how you need to improve, but ended up changing almost every single word. You can't conjugate simple verbs, you can't write compound sentences, you can't apostrophize conjunctions, and you can't even capitalize the word "I", or the first letter of words at the beginning of sentences. Good writing is important to us in Aurora, and if you can't manage a basic minimum, then I think you would be better advised to look elsewhere.

Zarasqa
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarasqa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 am

ok thanks for your reply and advice:) enjoy byebye

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 am

Nation Name: The Republic of Yanitza

Nation's Form of Government/Ideology:Officially a Parliamentary Democracy, however in reality the state is a Military dicatatorship with the ruling party being allowed to rule at the behest of the Military leadership. Current Ruling party is the December 14th Party (Centre Right)

National Leader(s):Officially Head of State: Lord Protector Dawoud Solomaki Head of Government: Prime Minister Senai Yohannes

Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): The dominant ethnic group in Yanitza are the Yena people who make up 44% of the states population. The Yena culture have a long history that stretches back to the dawn of civilisation, thus creating a sense of superiority for the Yena over Yanitza’s other ethnic groups and a belie that they are the true natives of the land. The Yena are known for being the most well educated ethnic group and historically have made up much of the ruling class, which still holds somewhat true.

Bazambi people are the next largest ethnic group making up 43% of the population. Although historically Yena records have listed the Bazambi as a singular ethnic group, this is incorrect as the tribal divisions amongst the Bazambi are wide enough for them to be considered separate ethnicities . The Largest of these are the Zambari, who have traditionally held themselves up as a warrior culture with a strong emphasis on martial prowess and honour. They make up 16% of the population. The Tsono are known to have been fierce rivals to the Zambari for centuries and thus have traditionally allied with the Yena out of necessity, and stand at 12%. , Ngumbari have uniquely managed to find themselves able to fill in the middle class and merchant niche, thus making them traditionally well off and make up 10% of the population. Finally the Lombo are a rustic and very poor people inhabiting Yanitza’s very mountainous regions and stand at 5%

Other ethnic groups include the nomadic Nizande make up 7% of the population and are are somewhat notorious for being slavers and raiders; and the Tcho’tchibak located in the countries marshes and are known for being very secluded from Yanitzan society as well as aggressive and xenophobic towards outsiders. They make up 6% of Yanitza’s population.

Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): Islam is the largest religion in the country with the majority of the Yena and Nizande being avid followers of the faith, although minorities in both groups still follow their native religions. The Bazambari tend to be a mixed in terms of faith with Islam and Traditional faiths being the most popular among them. Christianity makes a up a relatively small minority in the country, most of Yanitza’s Christians belonging to the countries ancient church or other denominations brought by foreigners. The Tcho’tchibak follow their own ancestor worship religion that involves the deification of long dead leaders mummified in tombs and barrows.

Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be):Landlocked state with Mostly arid highlands and mountains, along with low flat deserts and somewhat fertile plains. Also a large swamp or marshland area located somewhere inside the state

Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.):
Brief History (I have intentionally left out dates for now): The First civilisations in Yanitza can be dated back to thousands of years ago to the rise of the urbanized settlements along the highlands. A period dating a few hundred years is known as the “Golden Age” in which ancient Yena culture flourished, under what is typically labelled the Ousasian Empire, after the name of it’s founding monarch. The Ousasian empire collapsed for unknown reasons and was subsequently replaced by feuding city states where the modern Yena culture evolved from. The migration of the Bazambi people would drastically alter the power politics of the region.

The increased trade with out outsiders, especially for guns would eventually give rise to the City state of Malam, which would create a hegemonic type state over modern day Yanitza and embark on wars of aggressive expansionism. Internal weakness and growing Nationalism during the Industrial age would lead to the Hegemony’s collapse a subsequent coup by educated Yena nationalists established the Empire of Yanitza.

The new state would undergo a rapid period of forced Industrialization and Westernization, as well as the attempted assimilation of all non Yena peoples. Like the Hegemony before it, the Empire was very expansionist, something leading to it’s downfall in the early 20th century and replacement by the Republic of Yanitza.

At the moment the one major character I have thought out is Colonel Nganda, the leader of a Marxist Revolutionary group that is currently waging a low level guerrilla campaign. Due to the fact that currently his insurgency remains relatively calm in Yanitza, I do not see it impossible for this group to expand t’s base of operations to other countries.

Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219481

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=179105

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135547

Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]:

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 am

Thank you for your application. We'll consult and get back to you.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Yanitza, congratulations! We see no obstacle to your admittance and we would be thrilled if you would join us in Aurora. I have sent you a one-word TG: this is the password to the region. When you join us, please make your presence known by joining any of our ongoing RPs in which you are interested, and by working with The Cookish States to find a place on the map. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions which you may have. Thanks, and welcome to Aurora!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Bump.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Consolidate Nations Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consolidate Nations Alliance » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Nation Name: Consilidated Nations Alliance (CNA for short)
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology: 1/3 Minocratic Democratic Empire, 1/3 Republic, 1/3 Tribal Federation
National Leader(s): Emperor Luke Harris, Prime Minister Ainsely Arnold, High Elder Amber Val'na
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): We are three nations, all with varying cultures, brought together under one flag for mutual benefit. The Atlanian Empire is, if you will, a cross between the UK, US and Canada and Australia and New Zealand, a mix of various different cultures in itself but still with it's own identity. The Volarians, and by extention the Republic itself, is a cross between the Eastern European countries, but with some slight French culture I guess you could say. As for the Tamaugi, they are a cross between Celtic, Mongolian and Arabic tribes, well culturally, they are quite modern and up with their fellow Alliance Nations in terms of rights and tech.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): Imagine a place where all religions are treated equally and live in, somewhat, blissful harmony. That's the CNA.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): Three or four distinct biomes. Sub-tropical/temperate Forests (Capital and Nalsa Provinces of the Atlanian Empire), Mountains made almost entirely of white marble (Sanilka Province, also part of the Empire), Steppes, plains and desert (Volarian Republic for the first 2 and the Tamaugi Tribal Federation for the last one). Oh and I guess I can't forget the slat flats in the northern part of Sanilka Province
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.): The CNA is run by three counsels, Military, Financial and Civilian and Infrasructure. The leaders (Emperor/Empress, Prime Minister and High Elder) help make decisions based on what they think is needed most should the counsels reach a stalemate. In our history there have been 4 rebellions/coups. Two of which where successful (First Modern Atlanian Civil War and the recent Autocratic Coup). The others where put down quickly by the Alliance military. The CNA has not always been the CNA. In medieval times they where known as the Sovreign Kingdoms Alliance, and until recently (3 months before the Autocratic Coup) the United Nations Alliance.
Roleplaying Example:
The coup of the Consolidated Nations Alliance had come as a surprise, seeing as the Autocratic Empire had been overthrown many years before, and their leaders where considered dead. It seems they where wrong, the Autocrats, as they had been called during and after the Second Atlanian Civil War, well the second in the Alliance's history, but the first in modern times. The VIPs of the Democratic Empire of Atlana, the Emperor, his family and military leaders, as well as around half the population of the Empire, had retreated into the secret military facility; and emergency community bunkers for the civilians, that where under Sanilka Plateau. Now, 6 months later, the Volarian Republic and Tamaugi Tribal Federation had rallied against the New Autrocracy and started to move their forces across the Sanilka Mountains towards Niltana Citadel, the only bastion of Imperial strength left under the control of the can, and into Nalsa Province, securing the town of Redmont and city of Tanila.

“Wolf, we are ready to push in and reclaim Capital Province for the CNA” High Commandant Sabre Xalian said to his brother, Supreme Commandant Wolf Xalian. “Very good, and not a minute to soon, I just got reports that the Wall of Fire is running low, we only have 2 months worth of shells left and then our artillary goes quiet” Wolf said. “I heard Tayla is almost finished her mission too, hopefully her squad can secure or eliminate the enemy radar and communications sites: Sabre replied.

Meanwhile around Capital Province, the Seraph Squads where working on their mission, two radar stations had been secured, one near that covered the bridges across the Kathrine River and the one that covered New Celtica. The others had been rigged to blow. Tayla and her command squad had infiltrated the capital, Eracor, and had set incendiary deticharges on the power supplies and backup generators for the radar stations and communications arrays. “I just got word that the Creshan Lake Base is ready to go dark, as are the other stations around the Province” Hanna, Tayla's friend, 2nd in command, and the Seraph's head demolitons expert said. “Very good, and Eracor itself? Is it ready?” Tayla asked. Hanna nodded. “I just set mine and heard that the others are ready” she said. “Good, once you press the master trigger then the Province will go dark and we'll begin the final attack” Tayla said. Hanna smiled and held her tumb over the button. “Fire in the hole” she said as she pressed the button. The generators went up in flames, the radar flickered and died and the airwaves went quiet. It took no time at all for the CNAAF (Consolidated Nations Alliance Airforce), CNAA (Consolidated Nations Alliance Army) and CNAN (Consolidated Nations Alliance Navy) to move in, capture Eracor with minimal destruction and damage to infrastructure, and secure the Empire once more. The trial for the remaining Autocratic leaders is still ongoing, the current maximum punishment they will receive is death, or at least being sent to the Land of Exile, a small island off the coast with no real way off.

Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]: Note that any mistakes in the example I worte up (spelling and gammer) are not entirly my fault, I use OpenOffice and it seems the spelling and grammer checks don't work. Small bit of info I had no idea where to put; I am basing the military and civilian populations after Australia and I am using most if not all the types of stuff we us here in Australia for the military, with a couple of tanks and other stuff from around the world thrown in. We also have a few highly experimental stuff that very well wont be seen/used in a roleplay.
PT (Medieval): Sovereign Kingdoms Alliance
FT: United Galaxies Alliance

Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organisation

Tech level: Class D14: Tier 4, Type IV, Superpower

Wars
Vingartha Civil War: Victory-Minimal casualties
Defense of Maitea: Victory-No casualties
Alert level
5-Peace
4-Period Preparatory to War
3-Securing Borders
2-Mobalisation beginning
1-Total War

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Looks a decent app to me, but you will have to wait for the others to assess it. Just a few things:

1-First and foremost do you have anymore RP samples? I personally would like to see a few more if possible.
2-Where(ish) do you see yourself on the map. (Found here http://i.imgur.com/CGQTLVd.png)
3-So a population of about 25 million and a military 75,000-85,000 in size?
Last edited by Kalumba on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Consolidate Nations Alliance » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 pm

1. From my old account on here if you want them (I was known as the United Nations Alliance back then).

2. One of the islands on the south-east side of the map (the ones directly right of the East Auroran Sea label). I have a map I did of my nations ages ago I could link you so you can see how I pictured my nation.

3. Ah no, more then 85,000 troops, the current ammount is:

Active: 57,994

Active Reserve: 22,072

Standby Reserve: 22,166

Total: 102,232

And I guess we can round population up to the 25 million mark from 23,004,691 (2013 estimate).
Last edited by Consolidate Nations Alliance on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wars
Alert level
5-Peace
3-Securing Borders
2-Mobalisation beginning
1-Total War

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 pm

I like CNA, very realistic, well grounded, and a very good reader.

Smaller military is something the region needs (I don't believe anyone other than Norv has more than a million man army). Plus, it leaves more room for a strong economy.

My only problem is that you're an island. I can give you said islands, but if at all possible, you'll want to be continental.

Other than that little bit, I accept this, all we really need is Norv's approval, and you're in. Glad you applied!

Ardkonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardkonia » Thu May 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Nation Name: Kingdom of Ardkonia
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology: Constitutional Democratic Monarchy
National Leader(s): His Majesty Sadkosius III, Prime minister Monya Shanin.
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): Ardkonia takes roots from russia, it has quite alot of Russian food, Matreshka are one of the most favourite kids toys and basically some words in the Ardkonian language are similar to Russian.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): Ardkonia's people are free to practice any religion.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): Ardkonia takes roots from northern lands, however if you go south of it, you can surely see many many jungles with tropical creatures, Ardkonia has quite alot of mountainous regions and big mountains have snow at the top. (basically ardkonia is somewhere in the middle, and it's size is similar to Kazhakstan, although smaller.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.): From the medieval times Ardkonia had only one monarch, it was the Monarch House Ardkon, House Ardkon had always ruled it wisely and never lost power, recently Sadkosius III was coronated in his palace, (Seeing as russia is Bratouslovakia in aurora..) Ardkonians are of Bratouslovakian ethnicity, and formed as a large country through a revolution, a stereotypical attempt to overthrow the current monarch of Bratouslovakia, although - Forces were small, and Ardkonian warriors were forced to retreat, eventually they have tried to sail away from Bratouslovakian lands, knowing that if they stay there - they would be slaughtered. Hoping to find land not taken over by anyone, they have stumbled upon a large land, just filled with resources, gold, silver...The first king, Mishal I, literally took a pickaxe and began to collect gold and silver for his crown. Over time Ardkonians were forgotten by Bratouslovakians, although - not for long, Ardkonia has began to rise and rise, starting with only 1,000 people, only 200 capable of fighting, they have became a magnet for all peasants not fond of their kingdom. It was a big risk, but Mishal I has finally gotten Ardkonia rise into power, not the power they originally wanted, but they've got something better. Ardkonia is still a progressive nation, always proud to know of their ancestors bravery to protect the nowaday Ardkonia, (I've completely tried to make Ardkonia an original nation, almost not formed off of anything)
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]: As the lovely sun had began to rise over Ardkonia, the soft morning fog had roamed the forests of the northern Ardkonia, birds sang over Hamlets and villages of the southern Ardkonia, and Snarbudds peacefully chewed the grass mixed with blissfull morning dew. People began to rise from their beds, and turned on their radio to hear another story about archaeologic find or trading agreement with a foreign land, over time kids woke up and cheerfully ran to the school where they were taught of the Ancient Ardkonia or Arithmetics. It was once another peaceful day, while at Ardkonia's mighty capital of Brenstople His Majesty woke up in his silk bed, took a shower and had a piece of breakfast while watching over his dominion.
Once more, he had contacted his trusted Premier Minister Monya Shanin and asked how is the nation doing, after all Premier minister was a sort of Advisor, the King had the final say in many of the problems. His Majesty was a tall man, he had blond hair and brown eyes, his nose was thin and long and he had a cheerful smile every time he woke up to see the busy Brenstople wake up. Every day some new inventor began to show their samples of new technologies they have discovered, and His Majesty would be generous to them, he would pay them enormous amounts of Broudles (B$) and sponsor their projects so Ardkonia would know of their names and their inventions. Ardkonia had began to witness their Golden Age, even though engaged in small conflicts Ardkonia was surely not being the target of larger nations.
It's a very nice region you've got there, i hope i get accepted.
Last edited by Ardkonia on Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21
I'm actually an Ordoliberal.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=270920
Tsardom of Ardkonia factbook.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am

Ardkonia wrote:
Nation Name: Kingdom of Ardkonia
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology: Constitutional Democratic Monarchy
National Leader(s): His Majesty Sadkosius III, Prime minister Monya Shanin.
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): Ardkonia takes roots from russia, it has quite alot of Russian food, Matreshka are one of the most favourite kids toys and basically some words in the Ardkonian language are similar to Russian.
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): Ardkonia's people are free to practice any religion.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): Ardkonia takes roots from northern lands, however if you go south of it, you can surely see many many jungles with tropical creatures, Ardkonia has quite alot of mountainous regions and big mountains have snow at the top. (basically ardkonia is somewhere in the middle, and it's size is similar to Kazhakstan, although smaller.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quicks, etc.): From the medieval times Ardkonia had only one monarch, it was the Monarch House Ardkon, House Ardkon had always ruled it wisely and never lost power, recently Sadkosius III was coronated in his palace.
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]: As the lovely sun had began to rise over Ardkonia, the soft morning fog had roamed the forests of the northern Ardkonia, birds sang over Hamlets and villages of the southern Ardkonia, and Snarbudds peacefully chewed the grass mixed with blissfull morning dew. People began to rise from their beds, and turned on their radio to hear another story about archaeologic find or trading agreement with a foreign land, over time kids woke up and cheerfully ran to the school where they were taught of the Ancient Ardkonia or Arithmetics. It was once another peaceful day, while at Ardkonia's mighty capital of Brenstople His Majesty woke up in his silk bed, took a shower and had a peace of breakfast while watching over his dominion.
Once more, he had contacted his trusted Premier Minister Monya Shanin and asked how is the nation doing, after all Premier minister was a sort of Advisor, the King had the final say in many of the problems. His Majesty was a tall man, he had blond hair and brown eyes, his nose was thin and long and he had a cheerful smile every time he woke up to see the busy Brenstople wake up. Every day some new inventor began to show their samples of new technologies they have discovered, and His Majesty would be generous to them, he would pay them enormous amounts of Broudles (B$) and sponsor their projects so Ardkonia would know of their names and their inventions. Ardkonia had began to witness their Golden Age, even though engaged in small conflicts Ardkonia was surely not being the target of larger nations.
It's a very nice region you've got there, i hope i get accepted.

First, your nation would most likely not have Russian roots (at least you wouldn't say IC) but instead have roots in Bratoslouvakia (our Russian stand-in)

I really like your geography, and have literally the perfect spot for you on the map should you be accepted. I'm going to say yes now, on the condition that you're active and interactive with the region, but recruitment requires at least four or so yes's and zero no's.

I'd say to post a quick speal on the financial and military aspects of your nation for a better shot, and a more clear picture.

Thanks for applying!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Consolidate Nations Alliance » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am

The Cookish States wrote:I like CNA, very realistic, well grounded, and a very good reader.

Smaller military is something the region needs (I don't believe anyone other than Norv has more than a million man army). Plus, it leaves more room for a strong economy.

My only problem is that you're an island. I can give you said islands, but if at all possible, you'll want to be continental.

Other than that little bit, I accept this, all we really need is Norv's approval, and you're in. Glad you applied!

Well I could take the spot right above said island or find another spot on the central continent if you want? I mean it would eliminate the problem, plus since my navy is technically only the smallest bit of my military....

Wars
Alert level
5-Peace
3-Securing Borders
2-Mobalisation beginning
1-Total War

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 am

First off I agree with Cooke on Ardkonia, looks ok for now but I would like to see a bit more about your nation.

CNA, I guess it depennds on what role you want to play in the region and the level you want to be involved with other nations. If you want to be a major player in Auroran affairs I would suggest a continental role because that gives you far more scope to actually interact with other players, but if you want a less involved role then an island nation seems perfect for you.

As a quick note from the military history student in me; if you are going to be an island nation then you will want to revise your military and make you navy into one of the larger parts of your armed forces. Simply because as an island you would be reliant on trade for some resources and as such will need to secure trade routes, and if you can't protect maritime trade you will quickly find yourself blockaded and facing all sorts of shortages. Also there would be little point in having a large army if it has no navy to transport it to combat zones. You would also probably want to make your airforce quite large because the sea and the air are the only ways you can be invaded, and thus would want to be spending your budget somewhere it will keep you safe. If you were to be a continental nation then a small navy and large army would be far more feasable.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ardkonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardkonia » Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Well, i have most of my military details in my factbook, and about financial, you could look in the tracker.
http://www.nstracker.net/ardkonia&page=economics
I did not completely get what you meant by "speal" so i guess you meant speak, although that's not enough detailed for me either, could you explain what you meant by that? :)
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21
I'm actually an Ordoliberal.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=270920
Tsardom of Ardkonia factbook.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sat May 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Application:
Nation Name:The Holy Empire of Skorzenia and the Protectorate of New Detroit (Informally, simply Skorzenia, New Detroit, or the Steel Fraternity)
Nation's Form of Government/Ideology:Technically an autocratic empire, but this is more or less a legal fiction. The democratically-organized Steel Fraternity (a secret society that later became something of a paramilitary survivalist organization) is the actual power behind the government, with the elected head of the Fraternity serving as Emperor.
National Leader(s): Brother-Polymath Johnathan Keyes, Emperor of Skorzenia and Protector of New Detroit; Brother-Militant Thomas Voerman, Supreme Commander of the imperial military; Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, head of the Skorzenian Diplomatic Corps; Brother-Scientific Howard Barnes, Prime Minister of Skorzenia; Brother-Scholar Nicholas Carson, President of New Detroit.
Brief Description of Nation's Culture(s): The Steel Fraternity is what you would get if the most paranoid, radical, and anti-Communist American Cold Warriors were proven right in every particular, and then given control of an entire country. Plus an obsession with technology and industry. Their cultural attitude can be summed up as pride and cruelty. They are intensely meritocratic, individualistic, industrious, intellectual, and dedicated to democracy. They are also intensely xenophobic, militarist, self-righteous, aggressive, and completely callous toward those foreigners and members of their own nation who they consider as having failed to live up to their ideals (which is almost everyone).
Brief Description of Nation's Religion(s): The Steel Fraternity is mostly Christian, although a significant minority is atheist. The single largest denomination is the Scientific Church of Christ, which is mostly identical to your standard Protestant denominations (Southern Baptist, Lutheran, and the like), except for a focus on science and worldly betterment as a secondary counterpart to spiritual betterment.
Rough Climate/Topography of Nation (to help determine where on the map you might want to be): When writing up Skorzenia's history and Factbook, I placed it in RL Brazil. Therefore the topography is a diverse mix of hills, scrublands, plains, mountains, and forested areas. The climate ranges from temperate to tropical. Looking at the map linked on the Aurora region page, I'd say eastern Aurora Major, south of the Cookish states would make sense, given the climate and presence of Spanish-language influence (which would make modifying my current nation background a little easier). Though I believe that map may be out of date, so I'm not sure if someone else is already there.
Additional Description of Nation (economics, recent history, major characters, special quirks, etc.): I'll admit the background and history of Skorzenia are kind of weird and complicated, but that's what happens when you try to make Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel into a modern day nation with a (hopefully) logical and internally-consistent history. For the nitty-gritty details, there is a rather long Factbook linked in my signature. The Cliff's Notes version is this: A nation founded by filibustering Americans in the late 1860s developed as basically a version of America with its classical liberalism and jingoism exaggerated to the point of parody. Then, in the 1970s, the Skorzenians initiated a limited nuclear exchange with the USSR over Vietnam, which led the US to finally lose patience and topple their government. This was followed by a few years of dystopic corporate rule, a civil war, another (more extensive) nuclear war, and a few years of Mad Max-style post-Apocalyptic chaos. Then the most radical secret society of this already radical culture emerged from their bomb shelters to retake their nation. This was followed by a couple more wars, leading to the establishment of just about the most oppressive regime possible, as the Fraternity pressed the rest of Skorzenia's population into a position of soul-crushing poverty, horrific living conditions, and indentured servitude in Fraternity factories.

This leads to a situation in which the Fraternity has the means to possess an extremely high standard of living, with advanced technology ubiquitous within their own narrow enclaves, and a military equipped with outrageously impractical and oversized vehicles and equipment.

However, the Steel Fraternity is something of a glass cannon. As obsessed as they are with industrial and military might, they run their government on the edge of bankruptcy with their cumbersome and inefficient military, in addition to the costs of the huge police force necessary to keep the proles in line. As powerful and technologically advanced as their military and elite Steel Paladins are, they are also so expensive that if the Fraternity were ever to enter a war with any nation approaching economic parity with them, they would swiftly find themselves incapable of replacing the ludicrously over-engineered equipment they would inevitably lose.

Therefore, despite expressing bellicose rhetoric at every turn, the Fraternity mostly focuses its military might on cowing those third-world nations it raids for more proles, and deterring intervention on the part of more powerful nations by making it clear that they'd go to any lengths (up to and including another nuclear war) to keep their independence and place of privilege within their own society.
Roleplaying Example [Note: this is VERY IMPORTANT. A sample must be at least 3 paragraphs, well-written, with proper spelling and grammar. The more samples, the better. If you have written nothing that matches these criteria, please write a new sample here that does.]: I am currently taking part in Songhia's “Ten Thousand Pangas”.
Notes [Questions, comments, requests, etc.]: Obviously, if I'm accepted I'll have to tinker with Skorzenia's history a bit to make it fit within Aurora. The main thing I want to keep intact about its background is that it was founded by American adventurers, and remained diplomatically tied with America for some time afterward. The details I can mess around with, but it's central to Skorzenian culture that they arose from a radical exaggeration of American values. The hand-wave I'd go with for that would be that Skorzenia is basically Canada to the US' Britain; they viewed themselves as transplanted members of their mother country for most of their history, and remained outwardly-focused from their own region until they began to lose that feeling of national kinship.

Also, Skorzenia as written is a large nation bordered by third-world nations that it raids regularly for proles. Though it obviously can't be the size of Brazil if moved to Aurora, it would still be nice to place it somewhere where it can be fairly large and have some small nations on its border to serve as targets for raiding, since I doubt anyone wants to play the helpless little nation suffering constant slave raids.
Last edited by The Steel Fraternity on Sat May 04, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information