NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultation Thread #3

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next realism consolation thread?

The Akasha Colony
35%
The Kievan People
7%
New Vihenia
4%
Purpelia
5%
Samozaryadnyastan (Para)
28%
Transnapastain
13%
Lamoni
9%

Total votes : 101

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Its going to have large armor and other things, like braces, trusses inside, etc, to accommodate the gun. Its accidentally a god mode on purpose, seeing as it needs large armor to work.

and say hello to the AAA missiles, cannons, and anti missile missiles on board.... you think im that stupid? Of course I will have missiles!

And I have a habit of building torpedo "Grills" Around the ships, like the tanks have today. It stops torpedoes in their path.

It just won't fit. Seriously. Modern suppercarriers are about 2/3 of that size and they can't fit in anything but the carrier part.

and what makes you think I will go to war with a nuke happy nation?

The web site you are on.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
Tac Nuke says hello.

NS grade Torpedo.

NS Grade anything.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:
NS grade Torpedo.

NS Grade anything.

Torpedoes are just scary thou. They can't be reliably detected and intercepted by modern countermeasures. And if you build a grill big enough and far enough away to stop a nuclear torpedo you might as well just add x300 to the width of your ship as listed.
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Its going to have large armor and other things, like braces, trusses inside, etc, to accommodate the gun. Its accidentally a god mode on purpose, seeing as it needs large armor to work.

and say hello to the AAA missiles, cannons, and anti missile missiles on board.... you think im that stupid? Of course I will have missiles!

And I have a habit of building torpedo "Grills" Around the ships, like the tanks have today. It stops torpedoes in their path.

It's not a god mode...

Do you know that episode of the Simpsons where Homer designed a car? Its like that.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Is it possible for a ship around 1500 feet long, 500 feet wide, to have one turret, and one turret only, that had a 60 inch gun, one 60 inch gun, on it? Of course, it should have other turrets of different calibers..

Also, is it possible for a ship, (I made it up), called a Battle Lord class Breaker? It has two 24 inch gun turrets, a cell of 500 missiles, which was real, 200 AAA cannons, a submarine clamp, which also was real, and a landing pad for VTOL?

Keep in mind structural and other modifications would take place with these. Its physically possible, with certain precautions and other things. Just want to get your opinion.

2 24 inch guns r useless for anything beyond dick waving

500 missiles? Possible.

200 aa guns? Is this suddenly WW2? Nope.

Sub clamp? lol

Landpad for VTOL? Yeah, if you enjoy replacing your deck every so many years.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

The Kievan People wrote:

It's not a god mode...

Do you know that episode of the Simpsons where Homer designed a car? Its like that.

Nonsense. That thing still drove. When he is finished shoving all the stuff he wants into that space this thing will not.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm

The Kievan People wrote:

It's not a god mode...

You're not going to have room on board the ship to squeeze all of those things on there, as has been said before.

I'm fairly certain that underwater slat armor is a terrible idea, fouls up everything from speed and maneuverability to docking to repairs. Plus, this ship is pretty much obsoleted by the concept of "planes", anyway...
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

NUCLEAR? What the hell? Now THAT is god mode.

And I clearly only go to war with the "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS" Notice on the first post...
The Kievan People wrote:

It's not a god mode...

THANK YOU! Finally! Someone sees the designers perspective in this!

And AAA cannons are used today. I forgot about the AA Missiles... oops...

orly? 24 inch guns that fire missiles are dickwaving? (M1 Abrams did, for a very long time, fire missiles out of its barrel instead of shells... so don't tell me its impossible).

Sub clamp: Holds a submarine in place with a means of getting inside both ships, and can let the submarine go. Used in WW2. So if you say its impossible now, think about it... 50 years ago...on THEIR submarines...

AND ANTI AIRCRAFT MISSILES AND CANNONS!

OMG no one listens....

oh hey buddy... it already has everything it needs...
Last edited by Hellraiser-Army on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know when Im godmoding, so tell me pls.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

And help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)
The Savage Nation wrote: thats a godmodd
Hellraiser-Army wrote: No, that's my army
The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!
CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Friend said to me: "You know those toe socks?" "Yes" "Well, what if they made them for hands?" "That's called a glove" "What?!? Where'd they get that idea from? Me?"

Faroslan
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Faroslan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Purpelia wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
It's not a god mode...

Nonsense. That thing still drove. When he is finished shoving all the stuff he wants into that space this thing will not.

I laughed so hard at this because I remember that episode OMFG thats hilarious.
Anyways it dosen't matter how much armor you slap on that thing 3 foot of steel armor is easily peeled away by a HE warhead thats at least seven inches in diameter again more is not always better.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm

So, you're claiming 100% effectiveness at stopping all attacks from the air, by having "cannons and missiles"?

Also, I fail to see what the big allure of RAPs are...they're missiles. They just come out of barrels. A missile that could just as easily be stuck under a plane and flown hundreds of kilometers away before it even needs to worry about fuel consumption.

EDIT: the existence of nuclear weapons is not god-moding.
Last edited by Lolzieristan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Lolzieristan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
It's not a god mode...

You're not going to have room on board the ship to squeeze all of those things on there, as has been said before.

I'm fairly certain that underwater slat armor is a terrible idea, fouls up everything from speed and maneuverability to docking to repairs. Plus, this ship is pretty much obsoleted by the concept of "planes", anyway...

Might be thinking of something like a Torpedo net rather than Slat armor. Although those have never really been that effective. Plus its really easy to mount a cutter on the torpedo or even easier, launch multiple torpedoes.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Lolzieristan wrote:You're not going to have room on board the ship to squeeze all of those things on there, as has been said before.

Well he could just make a floating island with those dimensions and just pile it all up on top of one another like a garbage dump. But my guess is that we can agree that is not what he meant.

Like that thing is going to have speed and maneuverability in the first place. Plus the extra weight totally helps when it comes to the only movement this thing will be doing, vertically down.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:NUCLEAR? What the hell? Now THAT is god mode.

Nonsense. This is NS. Everyone who ain't PT uses tactical nuclear weapons in some form or another.

And I clearly only go to war with the "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS" Notice on the first post...

Good luck with that. Also, good luck with just dodging regular torpedoes since if you use underwater slat armor you WON'T be able to move away fast enough to avoid the second torpedo just driving through the hole made by the first. That's how much it will ruin your speed.

THANK YOU! Finally! Someone sees the designers perspective in this!

So this project is basically your version of "utterly impractical but awesome BECAUSE of it?" We can understand that. Hell I make stuff like that all the time. But given the nature of this thread we are also obliged to point out just how utterly impractical it is for you. And when you finish your design feel free to quote us and use it as ammo to show just how "awesome" it is.
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Lolzieristan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
It's not a god mode...

It is indeed a terrible idea. For one, because water transmits force very nicely already, torpedoes don't have to detonate against a ship's hull to kill it. In fact, this is why they're targeted to explode on proximity beneath the keel, to maximize structural damage without direct impact. They tried something similar in WWI by equipping ships with torpedo nets, but it slowed ships down horrendously and caused a host of other issues while becoming steadily less effective, so they were dropped.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Faroslan wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Nonsense. That thing still drove. When he is finished shoving all the stuff he wants into that space this thing will not.

I laughed so hard at this because I remember that episode OMFG thats hilarious.
Anyways it dosen't matter how much armor you slap on that thing 3 foot of steel armor is easily peeled away by a HE warhead thats at least seven inches in diameter again more is not always better.

AHAA! Not so my friend!

The Hood, a ww2 ship, survived the Bismarck's 16 inch guns! until one penetrated her deck...

BEAT THAT!

Omfg... not everyone has millions of aircraft carriers... in the middle of the sea... :palm:

or for that matter, send planes in a suicide mission against 200 AAA cannons, missiles, and Green Lasers, a real life tech that "Blinds" electrical equipment...

oh and true, torpedoes are a problem, but my armor helps... mostly... and the size helps... a lot more...

and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

And help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)
CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Friend said to me: "You know those toe socks?" "Yes" "Well, what if they made them for hands?" "That's called a glove" "What?!? Where'd they get that idea from? Me?"

Lolzieristan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:
Faroslan wrote:I laughed so hard at this because I remember that episode OMFG thats hilarious.

AHAA! Not so my friend!

The Hood, a ww2 ship, survived the Bismarck's 16 inch guns! until one penetrated her deck...

BEAT THAT!

Omfg... not everyone has millions of aircraft carriers... in the middle of the sea... :palm:

or for that matter, send planes in a suicide mission against 200 AAA cannons, missiles, and Green Lasers, a real life tech that "Blinds" electrical equipment...

oh and true, torpedoes are a problem, but my armor helps... mostly... and the size helps... a lot more...

Personal attacks don't help your position at this point.

Anyway.

In my regular-MT nation, I field sixteen aircraft carriers. I also have these wonderful things called bombers that can be strapped with massive AShMs and cruise missiles that will wreak havoc on a ship like this. From far away. Further out than your air defenses cover.

"Green lasers" blinding electronics? Um?
Last edited by Lolzieristan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Used at the White House. Its a real life technology designed to bring down missiles. Basically, its a defense project to stop anything from hitting a bulls eye.

_[`]_
(-_Q)

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome to NS Where I'm sure 3 people on this page have Nuclear hand grenades. And it's not Nuke happy if it's a viable target.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:AHAA! Not so my friend!

Fun fact. Ships don't sink because stuff penetrates the deck. That is unless said stuff actually hits something important like the fuel or powder magazines. They sink when stuff makes a big hole bellow the water line, preferably right under the keel. Like say a torpedo. After all it is the torpedo bomber and not the anti ship missile that made the battleships of yore obsolete.

This is NS. Those that don't usually have coastal defenses with ground and air based AShM's or torpedoes.

Or a long range hypersonic AShM. Or a sub with a torpedo. Or hell a cruise missile or an anti ship ballistic missile. Something of that size is dam hard to miss.

No, it doesen't. Not at all. Unless you have 100m of armor or something. Remember, armor = mass. Size = mass. Mass = 1 / speed.

How nice of you. Why don't you say that again into the microphone whilst I call the staff.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Used at the White House. Its a real life technology designed to bring down missiles. Basically, its a defense project to stop anything from hitting a bulls eye.

That's designed to blind pilots. Not electronics.

http://www.optotronics.com/laser-dazzlers.php

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:
Faroslan wrote:I laughed so hard at this because I remember that episode OMFG thats hilarious.

AHAA! Not so my friend!

BEAT THAT!

Modern Anti-ship missiles pack considerably more punch then a 16 inch shell, There's a reason modern warships don't have armor. Its just not worth it as you can't get enough armor to stop an anti-ship missile from knocking you out of action. Also its not that hard to spam Anti-ship missiles. CIWS are not 100% Effective, no matter what you do they will get through.

Also blinding Laser defenses against Anti-ship missiles? Lol. You do realize that anti-ship missiles generally don't use optical tracking which means those laser are completely pointless.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Used at the White House. Its a real life technology designed to bring down missiles. Basically, its a defense project to stop anything from hitting a bulls eye.

The THEL is a Blue laser. Green laser's are higher then red, But blue get's into the melting metal and frying skull's part of the spectrum.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Imperial Arcand
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Arcand » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Now I'm just toying with the idea [it just literally popped into my head], but could one use lasers to shoot torpedoes out of the water?
Palocris : A Post-Modern Region
Recruiting Now! Grab your region map slots whilst you can!
View our updated region maps : NationStates : Natural Resources

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Imperial Arcand wrote:Now I'm just toying with the idea [it just literally popped into my head], but could one use lasers to shoot torpedoes out of the water?

Not in MT.

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

_[`]_
(-_Q)

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Imperial Arcand wrote:Now I'm just toying with the idea [it just literally popped into my head], but could one use lasers to shoot torpedoes out of the water?

Not in MT.

Also probably not at all. iirc Lasers aren't really that good at firing through water.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information