NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of your Country: Pattern VIII (Read OP)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP MMW Number 9?

Nua Corda
39%
Kouralia
13%
Spreewerke
24%
Coltarin
11%
Aqizithiuda
13%

Total votes : 193

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Sort of nearly barbecue season. Fordorsia's extremely cold weather means we want warmth. Lots of warmth to simulate spring. Hence new flammenwerfers.

Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Sort of nearly barbecue season. Fordorsia's extremely cold weather means we want warmth. Lots of warmth to simulate spring. Hence new flammenwerfers.

(Image)

EVERY season is barbecue season.

Flamethrowers are cool guy, they shoot huge jets of fire and make sure baddies have nowhere to hide.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:Sort of nearly barbecue season. Fordorsia's extremely cold weather means we want warmth. Lots of warmth to simulate spring. Hence new flammenwerfers.

(Image)

Flamethrowers are cool guy, they shoot huge jets of fire and make sure baddies have nowhere to hide.

Technically they'll already be hiding when they're burning. Also, there are no baddies, just opposing sides acting in their best interests.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Are Stripper clips an acceptable method of reloading in modern warfare?

I'm thinking of only issuing 3x20 round mags to each soldier +240 rounds of 7.62x39 in 10 round stripper clips. AK mags that aren't shit tend to be heavy.
Any WW1 Tommy worth his salt could fire 28 well-placed rounds per minute out of his 10 round SMLE, so I thought it could work.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm

There is no reason not to issue them really. Even if you ignore reloading in battle, it's just that much easier to refill your empty magazines using ones than doing it one round at a time.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Tule wrote:Are Stripper clips an acceptable method of reloading in modern warfare?

I'm thinking of only issuing 3x20 round mags to each soldier +240 rounds of 7.62x39 in 10 round stripper clips. AK mags that aren't shit tend to be heavy.
Any WW1 Tommy worth his salt could fire 28 well-placed rounds per minute out of his 10 round SMLE, so I thought it could work.

Yes.

Most ammo is carried this way.

Although reloading such in heated combat is frowned upon.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Tule wrote:Are Stripper clips an acceptable method of reloading in modern warfare?

No. Australian experiences during Vietnam suggest that you should carry as many loaded mags as possible.

Still, at least you're planning on issuing stripper clips instead of loose ball.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

The Advancers
Envoy

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Advancers » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Bullpup SAW Y/N?

The idea would be a slimmer but longer belt box, with several smaller belts (compared to a contemporary belt-fed SAW), each sliding into place as the one before is emptied and ejected. This would allow the user to hold the weapon more comfortably than if a wider box was used in the same place.

I'm honestly just throwing this around; I don't know if the idea's been done before or if it would be practical at all. If you guys think it might work, I'll finish up this prototype and see how it looks.
FT colony in an MT/PMT world. Corporate-backed bureaucratic government. State mercenaries available. Contact the Foreign Affairs Administrate for information.

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:

No. Australian experiences during Vietnam suggest that you should carry as many loaded mags as possible.

Still, at least you're planning on issuing stripper clips instead of loose ball.

Can you elaborate on the Australian experiences?

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Hey Could someone help me with my factbook? Can someone make just a simple line art of a Single Barrel elephant gun design? I'm using that as my nation's first semi repeating rifle (For my Fact book)
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Also myth: you can store loaded magazines for an indefinite amount of time assuming the feed lips don't bend themselves out of shape (PMags and STANAGs, I be lookin' at you). Constant pressure on a spring won't wear it out. Repeated tension/no-tension (loading, unloading, etc.) several, several hundred times will. That's why you can store a rifle with its hammer back.

I've never heard of this happening to PMAGs. Actually, I think they were designed to be able to store for extended periods, hence the magazine cap.

Magazine caps are for use when the magazine is supposed to be stored for one or more years. Most likely because it will bend the feed lips otherwise, like I stated. "One year plus with certain items added to it" isn't quite the same as load-and-forget. AK mags? I load it, forget it. If I need it two weeks from now, fine: it goes into rifle. If I need it ten years from now, fine: it goes into rifle.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi.

This is a not-heavy AK magazine that is also not-shit. Perhaps you've met before, perhaps not. It's from Bulgaria.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Last edited by Spreewerke on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Tule wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Standard issue post Vietnam was three 20 round mags, six if you were line infantry. I'm not sure how many mags were issued to in infantry - I remember something about it being 4 or 5 mags, but can't be sure - but on at least one occasion troops ran low on ammunition, had some dropped to them, ran over to the ammo tins and found that they needed to load individual rounds. This, IIRC, lead to more magazines being issued to combat troops.

I, personally, would issue five to seven 30 round magazines, plus 180 rounds or so on 10 round clips.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Tule wrote:

Standard issue post Vietnam was three 20 round mags, six if you were line infantry. I'm not sure how many mags were issued to in infantry - I remember something about it being 4 or 5 mags, but can't be sure - but on at least one occasion troops ran low on ammunition, had some dropped to them, ran over to the ammo tins and found that they needed to load individual rounds. This, IIRC, lead to more magazines being issued to combat troops.

I, personally, would issue five to seven 30 round magazines, plus 180 rounds or so on 10 round clips.

AK ammo is heavy ;_;

Especially if you use 150 gr bullets like me (apparently it improves the ballistics immensely.)

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Tule wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

AK ammo is heavy ;_;

Especially if you use 150 gr bullets like me (apparently it improves the ballistics immensely.)

Not as heavy as 7.62 NATO.

What MV are you getting with the 150gr loading?

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Tule wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

AK ammo is heavy ;_;

I've carried seven AK magazines on me before. It was a little heavy, but far from unmanagable. European Steel (save for the one ChiCom mag; it's Asian from Asia). Here I am, 5'11" standing straight, 130lbs., not really in that great of shape.

EDIT TO ADD: Also, give your troops as many magazines as they can carry. Spare ammunition is dropped in crates that have cardboard bandoliers inside of them. What's inside of those (at least for current US military)? Ten rounds per stripper clip, three stripper clips per cardboard box/bandolier. Feeding guide to load them into mags is provided in the ammo tin. Retain your magazines upon reloading whenever possible, reload magazines when ammo is dropped.
Last edited by Spreewerke on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Tule wrote:
AK ammo is heavy ;_;

I've carried seven AK magazines on me before. It was a little heavy, but far from unmanagable. European Steel (save for the one ChiCom mag; it's Asian from Asia). Here I am, 5'11" standing straight, 130lbs., not really in that great of shape.

Spree...I could crush you man. I'm same height 205lbs.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Takes more than weight to crush a man. ;)

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Tule wrote:
AK ammo is heavy ;_;

Not as heavy as 7.62 NATO.

What MV are you getting with the 150gr loading?

About 2200 FPS at the muzzle out of a 16' barrel.

At 100 yards it catches up with the 123 grain bullets.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Takes more than weight to crush a man. ;)

Depends :p
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Technically they'll already be hiding when they're burning. Also, there are no baddies, just opposing sides acting in their best interests.

Baddies=jargon for OPFOR. I dont know if western nations use that. /shrug.

Also not what I was getting at, I'm saying they burn the shit out of natural landscape and effective make an area, or a city in the case of Warsaw, a shell.

On this stripper clips thing:
I carried some. Everyone did. We obviously carried more magazines than clips,but when it came to it we liked to have extra. Just in case. The worst feeling in the world is reaching into that pouch and realizing you dont have a single round left. Its not easy to reload a magazine in combat, but its easier than fixing bayonet and charging or costing your squad ammunition.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Tule wrote:
AK ammo is heavy ;_;

Now add the weight of the NBC suit, Stahlhelm, grenades, PASGT vest, Canteen, med kit, radio, and MRE's.
Last edited by Tule on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Tule wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Now add the weight of the NBC suit, Stahlhelm, PASGT vest, Canteen, med kit, radio, and MRE's.

Still not that bad. Current US Army loadout is ~75lbs when everything is being carried. Soldiers will ditch whatever is useless.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Tule wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

AK ammo is heavy ;_;

Vecerian standard issue is 6 20rd mags of 7.62x54mm VCR in ammo pouches on their armor, plus one on the weapon itself. It's not that heavy :P
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Tule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Tule wrote:
Now add the weight of the NBC suit, Stahlhelm, PASGT vest, Canteen, med kit, radio, and MRE's.

Still not that bad. Current US Army loadout is ~75lbs when everything is being carried. Soldiers will ditch whatever is useless.

I'm trying to keep the combat load under 25 Kg (55 lbs)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information