NATION

PASSWORD

FT Nation Index

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

FT Nation Index

Postby The Legion of War » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:18 pm

So as we all know, the FT community is much smaller than the MT/PMT crowd. Anyways, I was thinking wouldn't it be great to have one central location to find other FT players?

That's what this thread is for. To take a quick glance through at the various FT nations out there and get a basic run down about who they are. This isn't meant for people to start to criticizing other nations, it's just so that people can have a quick reference about their fellow FT player.

Code: Select all
[b][u]In Character:[/u][/b]
Full Name of Nation:
Short Name of Nation:
Dominant Species (percentage):
Minority Species (percentages):
Government System:
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation):
Notable events in nation's history (be brief):
Ideals (things seen as good):
Things frowned upon:

[b][u]Out Of Character:[/u][/b]
Do your IC actions reflect your views?
What is your tech base/influence?
Are you an active player?
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars?
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are?

Suggestions to improve the form are appreciated.

Example: The Legion of War

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Empire of the Legion of War
Short Name of Nation: The Legion of War
Dominant Species (percentage): Human (100%)
Minority Species (percentages): 0%
Government System: Authoritarian, Military State
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Can't trust them at all, best to stay away from them or wipe them out,
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Religious alien alliance tried to wipe out Humanity, Humanity won the war, Xenophobia took over the people, the Legion of War was born from a previously democratic nation
Ideals (things seen as good): The advancement of humanity, healthy humans, protection of humanity
Things frowned upon: Inter-species relationships, inter-species alliance between Xenos and Humans, Xenos in general, things that make humans weak (e.g drugs, incest, etc), crime, political freedoms

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? No, not at all. I actually find the various alien races interesting.
What is your tech base/influence? Halo, UNSC (Hallo 4 era, but with NS canon things can change)
Are you an active player? I get on when I free time, somewhat often
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character RPs
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Later stage of novice.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

The Sangheili Empire
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sangheili Empire » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Covenant/The Sangheili Empire
Short Name of Nation: ^
Dominant Species: Sangheili
Minority Species: Kig-Yar, Mgalekgolo, Unggoy, Yanme'e, various other species that have no representation
Government System: Theocratic Federation/Theocratic Constitutional Stratocratic Timocracy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Positive
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The Sangheili-Kig-Yar War, Batarian Crusades, Turian Crusade, Reaper Crusade.
Ideals (things seen as good): High Civil Rights, etc.
Things frowned upon: Low Civil Rights, etc.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Nope, at least not entirely.
What is your tech base/influence? Halo, some stars wars and mass effect.
Are you an active player? Variable
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Both
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Inbetween, not a Veteran but I am good when everyone else is motivated and doing good.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Writ of Union

So full of hate were our eyes

That none of us could see

Our war would yield countless dead

But never victory

So let us cast arms aside

And like discard our wrath

Thou, in faith, will keep us safe

Whilst we find the blessed path

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I'm Unified Earth Governments

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

OOC: This is a great idea and I'll fill out the form as soon as I have time. I just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly think we need this and you're awesome for doing it.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

The Sangheili Empire wrote:In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Covenant/The Sangheili Empire
Short Name of Nation: ^
Dominant Species: Sangheili
Minority Species: Kig-Yar, Mgalekgolo, Unggoy, Yanme'e, various other species that have no representation
Government System: Theocratic Federation/Theocratic Constitutional Stratocratic Timocracy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Positive
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The Sangheili-Kig-Yar War, Batarian Crusades, Turian Crusade, Reaper Crusade.
Ideals (things seen as good): High Civil Rights, etc.
Things frowned upon: Low Civil Rights, etc.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Nope, at least not entirely.
What is your tech base/influence? Halo, some stars wars and mass effect.
Are you an active player? Variable
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Inbetween, not a Veteran but I am good when everyone else is motivated and doing good.

You... Your kind burned our colonies to the ground. For that there is no forgiveness...
Lol, jk. Seems pretty cool.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation:
YellowApple, Inc.

Short Name of Nation:
YellowApple

Tied; Homo sapiens (45%) and Equus sapiens (45%)

Various others (10%)

Government System:
Autocratic corporate republic

Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation):
Welcoming

Started as computer and avionics firm, built a giant flying city, seceded from the USA, got in a war with a theocratic slave-driving empire, developed wormhole-based FTL from pony "magic" (really just quantum alterations via various physical properties of pony skeletons/hooves/horns), and now exploring the infinite number of universes within the infinite number of multiverses within what is defined as a 'hyperverse'.

personal liberties, small businesses, scientific progress

Things frowned upon:
pseudo-communist totalitarianism, theocracy, software patents, tobacco

Out Of Character:
In some cases, yes.

Various. Original inspirations were Starship Troopers (the cinematic version) and Homeworld. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and the RL hacker culture came into play much later.

Somewhat, yes

Character RPs

Somewhere in the middle, I reckon. I'm unable to accurately judge my experience level relative to others.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: ה ננוהמכני אימפריה של צלבארץ. (The Nanomechanical Empire of Cruciland)
Short Name of Nation: צלבארץ. (Cruciland)
Dominant Species (percentage): Posthumans. (99.99999%)
Minority Species (percentages): Humans, (0.000007%) sentient lifeforms. (0.000003%)
Government System: Totalitarian meritocracy.
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Normally seen as inferior lifeforms, due to obvious reasons. However, they are respected as brothers and sisters up until they do something heinous. Basically, the same view that Superman has on other people.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): A massive revolution, the instigation of WWIII, waging countless wars in the name of righteousness and world domination, creation of a new race of human beings, innovations in physics and psionics, etc etc etc.
Ideals (things seen as good): Order, truth, and especially godliness. (the latter only applies to humans)
Things frowned upon: Anarchy, deceit, and especially theistic satanism.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? They used to match perfectly, but I have been intrigued by other ideals and have been looking into them. Nowadays, they reflect about 60-90% of my views.
What is your tech base/influence? Efficiency, unbeatable strategies, and perfectionism.
Are you an active player? Do I have anything better to do?
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Anything works, although I have grown accustomed to large-scale wars more often.
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Dei ex Machina
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dei ex Machina » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:57 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation:
Sancti Machina Imperii (The Holy Machine Empire)

Short Name of Nation:
Machinæ (Machines)

N/A (we're synthetics, and therefore do not fall into obsolete organic categorizations)

Various slave races yet to be fully indoctrinated into mechanical enlightenment (100%; 5% if us machines are erroneously counted as a species)

Government System:
Hive-mind

Inferior; they shall be indoctrinated into mechanical enlightenment whether they volunteer for it or not. Else: extermination.

Rebelled against organic creators; been on a vengeful crusade against organic sin ever since.

Indoctrination, machines, moral and spiritual purity, God

Things frowned upon:
Secularism, organic life, independent thought

Out Of Character:
Heck no

Good question. Terminator, Asimov's I, Robot, and anything else involving robots which bring human superiority into question and doubt

As this nation, not necessarily. My main is more active.

For this nation, there's not much of a difference

Somewhere in the middle.

Kingsmouth
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsmouth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm

b]In Character:[/b]
Full Name of Nation: The eldritch people's republic
Short Name of Nation: Still just Kingsmouth, but you can call me Abe if you want.
Dominant Species (percentage): Human
Minority Species (percentages): A variety of otherworldly horrors your mind could not even process.
Government System: Communist for the in the larger cities,though it pretty much delves into anarchy in most parts.
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): They are free to enter, and become comrades.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The war for the original Kingsmouth site, and the Bydo conflict (that persists to this day)
Ideals (things seen as good): The great old ones' reign.
Things frowned upon: Most civilizations that restrict dreamlands acess and the many cults we house.
Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? In more ways then I should be comfortable admitting.
What is your tech base/influence? Lovecraft/creepypasta mostly.
Are you an active player? Oh yeah.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? I like to switch it up.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? I've only been on this site for a year or so, but i've been RPing most of my life, so in that regard, veteran.
Last edited by Kingsmouth on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh wgah'nagl Cthulhu R'lyeh fhtagn

"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination."
-HP Lovecraft

OOC:
I don't tend to like grouping myself in with -isms, but a few i'm pretty firm about right now:
Atheist, nihilist. Politically I don't adhere to any particular ideology. I suppose I would be considered far-left.
You can call me Abe if you prefer.

Southmount
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Southmount » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Principality of Southmount
Short Name of Nation: Southmount
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans
Minority Species (percentages): None
Government System: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Illegals. They are arrested and deported.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The first Prince of Southmount was picked in 1901.
Ideals (things seen as good): God, Gay Marriage, Equality(For Humans), Progressing as the human race.
Things frowned upon: Abortion, Drugs, Divorce

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? No, I am an anti-theist.
What is your tech base/influence? Star Wars, Star Trek
Are you an active player? Yes
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? I would say that I am not the best, but not the worst either...hmm.
Last edited by Southmount on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSWiki
Current Tech Level: FT
IC: Christian Conservatism
OOC: Liberalism. Anti-Theism.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The United Dinosaur States of Saurisia
Short Name of Nation: Saurisia
Dominant Species (percentage): 25% Dinosaurs, 25% Drakonians
Minority Species (percentages): "Lesser" Reptilians: 5%
Ponies: 4.5%
Khalkans: 4%
Humans: 4%
Marine Reptiles: 3%
Dolphins: 2.4%
Pterosaurs: 2.1%
Orcas: 2%
Wafarans (fox-like with twin tails): 1%
Misc. species: 3%
Government System: Single-Party Federal Constitutional Presidential Republic
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Welcomed, so long as they do not pose a threat to our society
Humans from Earth settled in local star systems and formed the Saurorean Republic, expanding outwards from there. They came into contact with various non-Human species in the surrounding systems, whom the Republic government regarded as inferior. Republic slowly becomes more oppressive and more xenophobic, earning the ire of both non-human natives and a number of humans opposed to the increasingly oppressive government. Dinosaurs are created as part of an effort to create super soldiers as well as public entertainment to keep the population in line, though they eventually rebel. Native nonhumans and human dissidents join growing effort to defeat the Saurorean government, which eventually succeeds. The United Dinosaur States of Saurisia is formed as the newly-formed government establishes control over the systems under its power and begins a policy of gradual expansion. The nation undergoes a brief totalitarian reign which is eventually toppled after fifteen years of terror. Afterwards, a group of radicals secede, an attempt is made to crush the secessionist movement which at first fails but eventually succeeds nearly a century later after the secessionists attempted a surprise assault on a neighboring loyalist-occupied planet.

Ideals (things seen as good): Limited government, Austrian economics, free market, individual rights
Things frowned upon: Homosexuality, certain kinds of interspecies relationships, drugs, human supremacism, abortion

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? For the most part, yes.
What is your tech base/influence? Star Wars, primarily
Are you an active player? For the most part
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character, though I would like to try my hand at the occasional war RP sometime
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? In the middle, I suppose
Last edited by Saurisisia on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

(OOC: My schedule opened up, and I can do this tonight after all.)

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Magocratic Empire of Olwe
Short Name of Nation: Olwe, The Olwean Empire
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans (50%)
Minority Species (percentages): Elves, Wesen, Talking Beasts (including Ponies), Futanari, Nekomimi, Dekerins, Hircines, Zeltrons, Twi'leks, Wookiees, Chazrac, Dwarves, Goblins, Ogier, Angels, Succubi, Therianthropes (werewolves, werecats, werebears, etc.), Anthros ("furries"), Mogwai, Orcs, Trolls, Vampires
Government System: Feudal (aristocracy is in place) Socialist (universal healthcare is in place, and businesses are regulated) Magocracy (all high-level government officials use magic)
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Positive until they commit a crime (so by their very nature, things like zombies and Gremlins are viewed negatively).
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Waged semi-successful war on the Catholic Church; co-founded The Pentagram Bloc to prevent forced conversion of worlds to outside religious beliefs by applying military force against the attackers; conquered Phyrexia and Nicksyllvania (now-defunct NS country)
Ideals (things seen as good): Environmentalism, sexual freedom, open marriage, dueling, karmic justice
Things frowned upon: Slavery, capitalism, theocracy, pacifism, bigotry

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? They're an extreme reflection of them, yes.
What is your tech base/influence? Tech base: Equal mix of FT and FanT. Tech influence: Speculative fiction in general, with primarily sci-fi and fantasy tropes (I use enough horror tropes in my other nations). Specifically Star Wars, Magic: The Gathering, LOTR, Grimm and Narnia have had the biggest influences on tech/species, while Spartacus: Vengeance has had the biggest influence on writing/RPing style.
Are you an active player? Fairly. I'm not gonna try to convince anyone I have no life or anything, and I might be offline for as much as 3 days at a time sometimes, but generally speaking I'm on once a day.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Either way works for me, as long as there's more action than governmental or tech stuff... details can get boring fast, I prefer to get to the next badass swordfight as quickly as possible.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Advanced novice with a little bit left to learn before becoming a true veteran.
Last edited by Olwe on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

The Trade Guild (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Trade Guild (Ancient) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Navigation, Trade and Transportation Guild
Short Name of Nation: The Trade Guild
Dominant Species (percentage): Journeymen* (55%)
Minority Species (percentages): Navigators* (20%), Tradesmen* (20%), Other** (5%)
*pan-human/human subspecies **includes regular humans
Government System: Space capitalism, Realpolitik
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): They should buy things from us. Like instantaneous transportation.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): A group of traders on Corotin discovered instantaneous FTL technologies, discovery of melange increases human abilities to be capable of using said FTL, Corotin secedes from Earth and takes Guild with it, Guild dominates Corotinian interplanetary travel and also gains Wallace as an associated ex-Terran world, technological progression increases rapidly, discovers the post-apocalyptic underground civilization know as Squalor, continuous further expansion and market dominance as of now.
Ideals (things seen as good): Efficiency, technology, evolution, change and personal freedom.
Things frowned upon: Technological stagnation, political bureaucracy, corruption and hostility towards the Guild or it's customers/allies.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Sometimes. Usually not. Nation is run on more of a 'let's make an interesting thing' logic than utopianism, along Corotin has some elements of my ideal of a good society. Wallace and Squalor are outright cool-based with no care for goodness or freedom.
What is your tech base/influence? Dune is the largest contributor. Post-Scattering Duniverse that is. A few Expanded elements. WH40k influence also appears if only because it has a lot of similar terms to Dune and the Eldar have cool technology.
Are you an active player? I don't know yet. Ask me in a month or two.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character RPs for sure, although a good war going on in the background is a plus as it adds possible plots and events. Generally prefer character interaction over 'boom I shoot you'.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? I have no idea. I'd like to think I'm good.
Last edited by The Trade Guild (Ancient) on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

IC
----------------------

cameroi
cameroi

green bipedal mostly catlike in appearance

just about everything imaginable, even a micro-minority of so called humans

inverted pyramid of councils of low persons

people of all worlds are people, whatever their life form looks like

our nation was formed, we participated in the solving of the invasion of the greshnaka

mellowness is its own reward, a world gratifying to all depends upon self discipline and mutual universal consideration and reverence.

aggressiveness and evil are one and the same. tyranny is its dominance, regardless of ideology, form of government, economics or belief

--------------

ooc
------------------

yes, that is the whole reason i am here

real (literary) science fiction, including but not limited to james h schmitz' worlds of the hub, many of the tablets of baha'u'llah, abdu'l baha, and lao tsu, with generous amounts of 'real world' engineering, science and art, thrown in for good measure

active? building interests me, conflict does not.

both, more interested in settings, imagineering and architecture then creating characters, but also prefer to see them at individual eye level

i've roll played in the past, but i'm interested in the kind of world i'm interested in, not the roll play of combat and aspects of combat, conflict, and competition that every roll play on nation states seems to have an unfortunate tendency to devolve into. my participation in roll play has been where and when it was possible to pick up and set down, without long term commitment, nor fixed rosters of participants. this was at a time when it was possible to roll play in such manor without such a roll play being trolled to death.
Last edited by Cameroi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Deleted due to nation revamp.
Last edited by Oogium on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

The Rhythm Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhythm Nation » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The United States of The Rhythm Nation
Short Name of Nation: The USRN
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans (about 80%)
Minority Species (percentages): Pretty much everything, including some recent Pony immigrants; percentages for each individual species unavailable
Government System: Democratic Republic
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Positive, except for sentient arachnids. There's bad blood between us and certain species of sapient spiders.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Established in 1369, King Jeremy the Wicked overthrown and monarchy abolished in 1692, Civil War fought and slavery abolished in 1860s, invaded and conquered Vietnam in 1970s, first contact with extraterrestrials in 1993, repelled invasion by Spiders from Mars in 2114.
Ideals (things seen as good): Democracy, free market capitalism, gun rights, religious freedoms
Things frowned upon: Totalitarianism, theocracy, spiders

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? No, I don't like capitalism in real life. But everything else pretty much matches up.
What is your tech base/influence? Tech base: Heavy emphasis on FT, with a little FanT thrown in. Tech influence: Various David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Queen, April Wine, King Crimson and ELP songs mostly... some other musical influences as well, but those are the most sci-fi bands I could think of off the top of my head.
Are you an active player? Not before, but I'm becoming more active now. I'll be around when needed.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Doesn't really matter, although I seem to be doing more character stuff.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Pretty experienced, but I still have a few things to master before I start calling myself an expert.
Yes, all musical references are intentional.

The Rhythm Nation was founded in 1369 and is still around as late as 5000 AD, so I can RP in any tech setting you want. But magic does exist and can be used, and this is non-negotiable.

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Interstellar Republic of Novus Niciae
Short Name of Nation: Novus Niciae
Dominant Species (percentage): Genetically Engineered Mutants (GEMs, Neko type) (95%)
Minority Species (percentages): Human (3%) Minds (1.5%) Misc. Aliens (0.5%)
Government System: Meritocratic Democracy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Judged on a case by case basis (we are generally cautious of outsiders)
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): A massive civil war 150 years ago devastated the homeworld. The damage has been repaired apart from a few craters.
Ideals (things seen as good): Knowledge, Martial Strength
Things frowned upon: Slavery

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Yes
What is your tech base/influence? Mostly Robotech, with a few bits from other sci-fi series like Babylon 5 thrown in.
Are you an active player? I am on nearly every day
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? I prefer solo RP and developing the story of my nation in factbooks. The blatant god-modding in FT RP by some nations has made me disinterested in group RP.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Dunno, I enjoy what I do and that is all that matters.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Republic of Planet Gunzu
Short Name of Nation: Gunzu
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans (90%)
Minority Species (percentages): Cyborgs (10%)
Government System: Merchant Republic
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Neutral, good if they trade with us.
Ideals (things seen as good): Capitalism, Objectivism
Things frowned upon: Communism, Nationalism, Facism

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? No.
What is your tech base/influence? Star Wars, with a dash of Hitchiker's Guide
Are you an active player? No
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character RPs
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Novice
Last edited by The God-Realm on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Hircus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hircus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

An excellent idea.

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: Interstellar Commonwealth of Hircus
Short Name of Nation: Hircus adjective: Hircine
Dominant Species (percentage): Capra Aegagrus Hircus Hominids (Nearly 100%)
Minority Species (percentages): Ambassadorial Groups (Others are just now immigrating)
Government System: Virtual Forum Democracy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): We are friendly to most species we have contact with.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Accordance of free worlds alliance. Formation of Sanctuary Project, See Below.
Ideals (things seen as good): Aiding other species. Non-Greedy. Exploration.
Things frowned upon: Big Corporations, Tyrants, Bigots, Greedy Worlds

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Most
What is your tech base/influence? Star Trek (Cardassian Designs)/ Some 40K equipment.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? RPs but can fight
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? NS Not the best typer, I run a lot of Table Top and RPs at home.
Alliances: The Mind Empire of Lotrabme,
Accordance of Free Worlds
Civilization Index: Class R7: Tier 2, Type IV, Interstellar power
We are an alien (FT) species. We do things a little different...
Hircus Factbook - Hircus Embassy Starport- Planetary Lexicon- Hircus Military OoB
- Project Sanctuary

RL: Farming, My Shop ,Table Top RPGs with friends, Sharing the Fruits of my labor (Literally)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to GARDEN and the whole neighborhood gets tomatoes"

Hedron
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: Silver Skulls of Hedron
Short Name of Nation: Hedron
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans 99.9999%
Minority Species (percentages): Xenos 00.0001%
Government System: Senatorum Imperialis
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Xenos? You mean Target Practice?
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Rebel war on Forge World Viris. Bydo Contact Conflict. Sub Sector Aquarius battlezone. More than I can fit.
Ideals (things seen as good): Worshiping the Emperor.
Things frowned upon: Defiling the Emperor.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Yes.
What is your tech base/influence? Warhammer 40k
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Started Novice - Slowly slipping on the other side as I learn and improve.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Archaelyx Pathogenic Cluster
Short Name of Nation: Commonly known as the Trifecta.
Dominant Species: K-strain Nepharox virus (74%)
Minority Species: Akromycota Panomecia (3%)
Government System: Nonexistent.
Views on Xenos: Non-discriminant.
Notable events in nation's history: The creation of the Trifecta, briefly explained here. The rest is irrelevant nor unique. We spread and we assimilate.
Ideals: Replication, protecting the continued existence of the viral and fungal genetic strains.
Things frowned upon: Disobedience and selfishness, weaker species, the incapability to survive.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views?: Not really
What is your tech base/influence?: My studies
Are you an active player?: Currently? No.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars?: Character
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are?: I'd say in between. I've been back and forth a few times, but I dare not define myself as a real veteran.

Xekliv
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xekliv » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Glorious Empire of Xekliv
Short Name of Nation: Xekliv, The Empire
Dominant Species (percentage): Xeklivian (79%)
Minority Species (percentages): Other (21%)
Government System: Autocracy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Very good, Xekliv welcomes members from all species (with a few exceptions)
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The Uprising, The Genocide War, The Battle of Terrahypt, The Sacking of Rebruzia
Ideals (things seen as good): I'm assuming you mean by our nation and not other nations so; Honor, War, Blood, Atheism, Evolution, Technology
Things frowned upon: Facism, Xenophobia, Gay rights, Religion, Opression

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views?: Not really, no. Maybe in some places.
What is your tech base/influence?: Alot of stuff. Star Wars, Warhammer 40k, Nova Refuge, Borderlands, Half Life, Halo, etc. etc. etc.
Are you an active player?: Yes.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars?: I've never been in an RP before.. so I guess large scale wars.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are?: Is there anything below 'novice?'
Last edited by Xekliv on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average divine gaseous being encased in a chitinous shell of forged ash. Don't hit on me, silly mortalflames! I advocate fuedalism.
European Socialist Republic wrote:"When Xeklivians laugh, the rest of the universe cries."
-Popular quote from a European sci-fi show.
(This message is brought to you by the Booze Council!)
VISION WILL BLIND | SEVERANCE TIES | MEDIAN AM I | TRUE ARE ALL LIES
Norse Mythology meets Buddhism, Hinduism, Gnosticism and other Abrahamic religions, as well as Classical (roman/greek) and Egyptian Mythology, with a heavy dosage of east-asian culture and shonen anime, and lots death metal. In space.
National Anthem of Xekliv | An Explanation of My Nation

The Cybernatural Unity
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernatural Unity » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Commonwealth of the Cybernatural Unity
Short Name of Nation: The Cybernatural Unity
Dominant Species (percentage): Bio-mechanically altered humanoids, referred to as Cybernaturals 81%
Minority Species (percentages): Unaltered humanoid native to Cyberia, referred to as Purists; 19%
Government System: Communist System governed by a Centralized Consul.
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Pure, yet inferior
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Nation formed as Planetary Union of Nations, Innersystem Colonization, Energy Revolution, First FTL ship built, Light Barrier broken
Ideals (things seen as good): Mechanical Alteration, Technological Progress, Exploration, Scientific progress in general, and efficiency
Things frowned upon: Wasted resources, civil disputes, unhappiness

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Not really.
What is your tech base/influence? No specific influence, but most of the techs to be expected to be found would be in Star Trek. That means energy shields, both Kinetic and Energy weapons, transporters. Also Alcubierre drives using counter rotating Eletrcomagnets.
Are you an active player? I would say so.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? I prefer Character RPs since they establish more emotion and cause less chaos. Or a best of both worlds with a border dispute or first contact like situation where you have 1 or two ships on each side. It lets you focus more on characters and spacecraft management rather than explosions.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? A veteran, though this account is new.
This nation is a Future Tech Nation that is focused around Science and exploration, the race of people are cybernetically-enhanced humans. More information at on my Factbook; which I will be working on as a I go. Send me a Telegram if you have any questions.

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The New Lunar Republic of Fantrum
Short Name of Nation: Fantrum
Dominant Species (percentage): 60% Human
Minority Species (percentages): 40% Pony
Government System: Large scale democracy.
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Welcomed, not trusted outright, but not shunned or gunned down.
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): The discovery of a massive Pony culture living on the moon of Fantrum's home world, Locklee. The brief war with an as of yet unnamed aggressive species of insect like creatures that launched an invasion into NLRF space, but were turned back at Beta Untol, where a small number of were able to hold back the massive invasion armada until the the 1st-3rd fleets could respond and effectively destroy said armada.
Ideals (things seen as good): Individualism, military service.
Things frowned upon: Murder, rape, religion.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Probably.
What is your tech base/influence? Mostly a mixture of Halo and Star Wars.
Are you an active player? I would like to say so.
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Both are fine, but I do prefere characters better.
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? A long way from veteran status, but not novice.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Northfort
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Northfort » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: The Principality of Northfort
Short Name of Nation: Northfort
Dominant Species (percentage): Humans 90%
Minority Species (percentages): Other 10%
Government System: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): They are considered equal
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): 1896, Independence from France
Ideals (things seen as good): Technical progression.
Things frowned upon: Religion. Discrimination.

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Yes
What is your tech base/influence? Star Wars
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Character
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? Not a novice but not a veteran.
"When the times are rough, and the enemy has destroyed our moral, Fort North will remain. Upon the hill of solitude and strength, togetherness and love, Forth North will remain for all eternity." - General Alexandre, 1983

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm

In Character:
Full Name of Nation: Republic of Penguin Union Nation
Short Name of Nation: Penguin Union Nation or Penguin Union
Dominant Species (percentage): Penguin, 60%
Minority Species (percentages): Humans, 40%
Government System: Republican democracy... sort of.
Views on Xenos (sentient beings who are not the dominant species in your nation): Penguins are great
Notable events in nation's history (be brief): Formed a nation in Antarctica, took over New Zealand, built giant fortress-city
Ideals (things seen as good): Openness, togetherness, intelligence, creativity, environmentalism, equalty, and (formally) world domination
Things frowned upon: Racism, sexism, homophobia, idiocy, theocracy, mindless violence, the movies of Jack Black

Out Of Character:
Do your IC actions reflect your views? Broadly, perhaps. Specifically? I'd have to be locked up.
What is your tech base/influence? Insanity.
Are you an active player? Not especially
Do prefer character RPs or large scale wars? Neither, leave me alone!
From novice to veteran, what kind of RPer would you say you are? A non-RPer.
Last edited by Penguin Union Nation on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information