NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Mod 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should be the OP of the next Main Military Weapons thread

Aqizithiuda
12%
Corda
38%
Kouralia
12%
Puzikas
39%

Total votes : 165

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:
So it's a slightly lower-quality AK-104?

Also editing to add this video: apologies in advance for bringing politics into this.

It would appear that things have gone beyond pants-on-head retarded. We have reached condoms-on-toes levels. Apparently, anything with a detachable magazine will be considered an assault weapon, regardless of magazine size. This effectively bans the Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic rifle.

So, yeah: all ye' Stateside, please write your appropriate representatives and tell them just how stupid this law is.

*sigh*

Hopefully the government of America is sen...

Oh, fuck it. You're all screwed.

Maybe.

The house is controlled by pro-gun right.

The senate cant seem to stop masturbating and pull the prostate stimulators/vibrators out of their collective rectums/vaginal areas to pull up their pants and legislate for a change.

So its uneasy. But if it goes into public disarray, ill be there.

Edit: Page 94=AN-94.

If I could find my camera is post a picture of me with one.
I need to get on that.
Last edited by Puzikas on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 am

For page 94

god, it took us forever to get here....I've been waiting since like 3 this afternoon.

....Fuck you, dude :P I seriously thought abut editing your shit out. :D
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allmann
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:49 am

Hm, I have been thinking of a AK derirative for a MMW due to their famed reliability.
The RK 62 or the Rk 95 Tp (not entirely sure on what the differences is), how is their accuracy compared to let's say other AK like guns and/or AR rifles?

Thinking of having it be a bullpup, 6.5×55mm Swedish, Steyr AUG like triggerguard, integrated bipod and FAMAS carrying handle/iron sights. Possibly having a charging handle like that of the FAMAS. Also thumbhole grip.

Is this an okay idea?

Defensor
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:09 am

All snipers are armed with Remington 700 SPS DM (26 inch barrel) models firing the 300 Win Mag and the 7mm Rem Mag (each reaching over 3,500 fps muzzle velocity and around 3,000 foot pounds psi at 600yds)

Standard side arm is the S&W M&P in 9mm and 45. 1911's are optional to those who appreciate the form factor more.

Shotguns are Franchi semi-automatic 12 gauge and have tactical mounts, picitany and T6 stock included

Our assault rifle of choice is being desputed as we speak, currently we are using the Norinko SKS firing 7.62 x 39mm with detachable 20 round magazines complete with T6 stock systems, red dots, pistol grips, tactical 4-8x variabl zoom scopes, and light weight detachable bipods for accurate fire.

Officers have the option to carry a concealed S&W Bodyguard 380 or Ruger LCP (of course firing the 380 round).

We will probably eventually upgrade our assault rifle to the illustrious AR10 platform choosing the 308 instead of the infamous 5.56 or 7.62 x 39mm. Why? Simple, faster, stronger rounds down range. And we can afford to purchase these rounds in the millions for our troops.

Oh yes, for room clearing, we have chosen the Kriss "Vector" due to it's high rate of fire and it's superior 45 caliber bullet versus the ever so popular 9mm.
Last edited by Defensor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
I get on NS when I'm bored. TG's are welcomed and replied to!
Spreewerke wrote:
Defensor wrote:I can argue from both sides of the fence, since I love and own a few of both platforms. A little bit of good in all of them :)

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:
Defensor wrote:Along with "High Powered Murder Weapon" (o.o)

I still that is the coolest fucking name ever.

"Introducing the BF-666 HIGH POWERED MURDER WEAPON. FUCK YOU LIBERALS!"

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Beloyukto wrote:A punch of Jews

Is this what we call a group of Jews now?

Weird.

Defensor wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:Let me ask YOU something.

How come nobody ever asks confrontational, easy-to-look-up questions to Hindus?

We're people too, you know.

Haha! No you're not! *hands you a papertowel* Now wipe that dirt off your shoes and get back to work you silly midget :)

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

Spreewerke wrote:So it's a slightly lower-quality AK-104?

Also editing to add this video: apologies in advance for bringing politics into this.

It would appear that things have gone beyond pants-on-head retarded. We have reached condoms-on-toes levels. Apparently, anything with a detachable magazine will be considered an assault weapon, regardless of magazine size. This effectively bans the Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic rifle.

So, yeah: all ye' Stateside, please write your appropriate representatives and tell them just how stupid this law is.

Ugh, this is more of a buzz kill then Buzz Killington... :roll:

But yes, this is pretty dumb *sigh*

Ok, BAC TO OP 8)
Spreewerke wrote:
Defensor wrote:I can argue from both sides of the fence, since I love and own a few of both platforms. A little bit of good in all of them :)

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Haha! No you're not! *hands you a papertowel* Now wipe that dirt off your shoes and get back to work you silly midget :)

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:18 am

Allmann wrote:Hm, I have been thinking of a AK derirative for a MMW due to their famed reliability.
The RK 62 or the Rk 95 Tp (not entirely sure on what the differences is), how is their accuracy compared to let's say other AK like guns and/or AR rifles?

Thinking of having it be a bullpup, 6.5×55mm Swedish, Steyr AUG like triggerguard, integrated bipod and FAMAS carrying handle/iron sights. Possibly having a charging handle like that of the FAMAS. Also thumbhole grip.

Is this an okay idea?

I don't know what their accuracy, but you could probably make it almost match grade and still have a very reliable rifle (just look at the SIG 550). Apart from that and the thumbhole grip, it all sounds good to me. You might even want to send Hurtful Thoughts a message and see if you can license his 6.5x55mm round. It's a real performer.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 am

The Zeonic States wrote:
Robbie mintz wrote:my main weapon is the M4-Cobra mini gun.

...No comment

Hahahahaha!!! :rofl:
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:28 am

Allmann wrote:Hm, I have been thinking of a AK derirative for a MMW due to their famed reliability.

Is this an okay idea?

Also, comparing the accuracy of a 5.56 AR platform versus a 7.62 AK platform is like apples and oranges man. Two different bullets with completely different structures. :meh:
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Allmann
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:37 am

Defensor wrote:
Allmann wrote:Is this an okay idea?

Also, comparing the accuracy of a 5.56 AR platform versus a 7.62 AK platform is like apples and oranges man. Two different bullets with completely different structures. :meh:

True though the AR-10 is 7.62×51mm NATO so that would be a better comparison.

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Allmann wrote:Is this an okay idea?

I don't know what their accuracy, but you could probably make it almost match grade and still have a very reliable rifle (just look at the SIG 550). Apart from that and the thumbhole grip, it all sounds good to me. You might even want to send Hurtful Thoughts a message and see if you can license his 6.5x55mm round. It's a real performer.

Hm, any reasons why a thumbhole grip is not a good idea? I might contact Hurtful Thoughts.
Last edited by Allmann on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 am

AR-10, that's the way to go amigo. A good solid performer shooting one of the most reliable rounds around today.

Also, for 6.5, I don't see a problem with a thumbhole, pending design of course.
Last edited by Defensor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 am

Allmann wrote:
Defensor wrote:Also, comparing the accuracy of a 5.56 AR platform versus a 7.62 AK platform is like apples and oranges man. Two different bullets with completely different structures. :meh:

Aqizithiuda wrote:

Hm, any reasons why a thumbhole grip is not a good idea? I might contact Hurtful Thoughts.

Mostly it's personal bias (thumbhole stocks don't look military), but I also believe that plain pistol grips will be more universally comfortable for your troops.

If you ever go the AR-10 route, be sure to use one of the original AI models, not the later scaled up from the AR-15 model.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Allmann wrote:

Mostly it's personal bias (thumbhole stocks don't look military), but I also believe that plain pistol grips will be more universally comfortable for your troops.

If you ever go the AR-10 route, be sure to use one of the original AI models, not the later scaled up from the AR-15 model.

Well said!
Last edited by Defensor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:48 am

Ok, getting real deep here, but I wanna know...

7mm Rem Mag vs 308 Winchester

Obviously one is a magnum round and the other is not. However, if anyone in here know's anything about bullets, I should get some good insight on this.

I wanna know what you feel is a better round for 800yd targets. Then taking into account 500-600yd shots and then mobility then 1,000yd shots...what round has a better overall performance for the given circumstances?

EDIT: I know the 7mm Rem Mag has anywhere from 110g bullet to 175g greatly adjusting the velocity and energy retention. Same with the 308, except I've seen greater disparities within the grains and powder loads.

EDIT 2* I ALSO know that weapon, shooter technique, and climate conditions account for many variables. However, I am simply wanting to compare rounds from base statistics.
Last edited by Defensor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Qasaqi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qasaqi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 am

Defensor wrote:Ok, getting real deep here, but I wanna know...

Obviously one is a magnum round and the other is not. However, if anyone in here know's anything about bullets, I should get some good insight on this.

I wanna know what you feel is a better round for 800yd targets. Then taking into account 500-600yd shots and then mobility then 1,000yd shots...what round has a better overall performance for the given circumstances?

EDIT: I know the 7mm Rem Mag has anywhere from 110g lead to 175g greatly adjusting the velocity and energy retention. Same with the 308, except I've seen greater disparities within the grains and powder loads.

magnum
The only Ba'ath nation on NS!

my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62 http://tests.student.com/test.php

Social:Gandhi Economically: Mao

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:52 am

Qasaqi wrote:

EDIT: I know the 7mm Rem Mag has anywhere from 110g lead to 175g greatly adjusting the velocity and energy retention. Same with the 308, except I've seen greater disparities within the grains and powder loads.

magnum

I tend to agree good sir, why though?
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:01 am

EDIT 2* I ALSO know that weapon, shooter technique, and climate conditions account for many variables. However, I am simply wanting to compare rounds from base statistics.

7.62 NATO with a 175gr HPBT bullet for all ranges, unless you're talking about a sniper rifle, in which case the 7mm Rem Mag will be the better round, thanks to a better ballistics coefficient. The 7mm-08 is a better round and comparison. I prefer the 7mm Mauser, but it's a but longer and would require a reworking of the gun to use.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:

7.62 NATO with a 175gr HPBT bullet for all ranges, unless you're talking about a sniper rifle, in which case the 7mm Rem Mag will be the better round, thanks to a better ballistics coefficient. The 7mm-08 is a better round and comparison. I prefer the 7mm Mauser, but it's a but longer and would require a reworking of the gun to use.

I agree with everything except for the 7mm-08. From my experiance, the 7mm-08 has a severe drop in energy at 800yrd, slightly more so than the 308. That being said, the 7mm Rem Mag retains energy and velocity well past 1,000yds doubling that of the 308's 1,000yd retention. For sniping at 800+, I'd have to say Rem Mag hands down. Closer and no farther? Then 308, I find it more versatile.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 am

Allmann wrote:The RK 62 or the Rk 95 Tp (not entirely sure on what the differences is), how is their accuracy compared to let's say other AK like guns and/or AR rifles?

Differences in 62 and 95 are mainly in aesthetics and how the sights are adjusted. Plus 95 has muzzle brake and slightly more mass in effort to slightly increase accuracy and side mount for optics as standard feature.

They have nothing to be ashamed of in accuracy department.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Qasaqi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qasaqi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:09 am

The only Ba'ath nation on NS!

my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62 http://tests.student.com/test.php

Social:Gandhi Economically: Mao

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 am

Defensor wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

I agree with everything except for the 7mm-08. From my experiance, the 7mm-08 has a severe drop in energy at 800yrd, slightly more so than the 308. That being said, the 7mm Rem Mag retains energy and velocity well past 1,000yds doubling that of the 308's 1,000yd retention. For sniping at 800+, I'd have to say Rem Mag hands down. Closer and no farther? Then 308, I find it more versatile.

Really? I'd have thought it would have better energy retention, being smaller in diameter.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:15 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Defensor wrote:I agree with everything except for the 7mm-08. From my experiance, the 7mm-08 has a severe drop in energy at 800yrd, slightly more so than the 308. That being said, the 7mm Rem Mag retains energy and velocity well past 1,000yds doubling that of the 308's 1,000yd retention. For sniping at 800+, I'd have to say Rem Mag hands down. Closer and no farther? Then 308, I find it more versatile.

Really? I'd have thought it would have better energy retention, being smaller in diameter.

Like I said, that's subject to change due to the 7.62 NATO's vesatile loads. My records were with a standard box load (forgot the grains) of 7mm-08 vs a 160g 308 Winchester. I think it's a variable simply because the 308 has the ability to hit harder at a longer range or fly faster but drop off faster at a certain point where as I see more consistancy with the 7mm-08. I can see the opposite results coming up with a different or even more standard grain bullet.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 am

Defensor wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Like I said, that's subject to change due to the 7.62 NATO's vesatile loads. My records were with a standard box load (forgot the grains) of 7mm-08 vs a 160g 308 Winchester. I think it's a variable simply because the 308 has the ability to hit harder at a longer range or fly faster but drop off faster at a certain point where as I see more consistancy with the 7mm-08. I can see the opposite results coming up with a different or even more standard grain bullet.

Yeah, a standard 150gr bullet would probably yield different results.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Defensor wrote:Like I said, that's subject to change due to the 7.62 NATO's vesatile loads. My records were with a standard box load (forgot the grains) of 7mm-08 vs a 160g 308 Winchester. I think it's a variable simply because the 308 has the ability to hit harder at a longer range or fly faster but drop off faster at a certain point where as I see more consistancy with the 7mm-08. I can see the opposite results coming up with a different or even more standard grain bullet.

Ahh, how I enjoy an intelligent conversation 8)
Last edited by Defensor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:50 am

Defensor wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Ahh, how I enjoy an intelligent conversation 8)

This thread is generally pretty good for that :) .

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 am

Spreewerke wrote:
North Bejikistan wrote:My nation was just conceived a few weeks ago. However, we are currently researching new military technologies for our armies. As of right now this is the main weapon for our troops.

(Image)

It is a variant of the Russian made AKM, chambered in 7.62x39 and is a select-fire rifle. We modified the gas system to run gas through the front sight and replaced the wood furniture with OD Green polymer furniture.

So it's a slightly lower-quality AK-104?

Well then, I'll just move to Turkey instead of the States then.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information