NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Mod 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should be the OP of the next Main Military Weapons thread

Aqizithiuda
12%
Corda
38%
Kouralia
12%
Puzikas
39%

Total votes : 165

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 am

Vareiln wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
Scapegoats are for 1930s-40s era Germans comrade.

My rant on Chinese weapons the other day still stands, but I really like this Chinese SKS. It has a nice feel to it.

They should still turn down their wood, though.

For some reason, Chinese-made clones tend to be rather well made weapons. Ugly, yes. Stupid wood, check. Good? For some reason, yes.

My Praporshchik (I don't know equivalent term in english) called them the attack of the clones.
The wood..They need to turn it down.

Last edited by Puzikas on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 am

Immoren wrote:
Benomia wrote:And the machine variant: RRPKS-74MNSPU!
And the sniper varient: RSVAKS-74MNSPUR Type-IV Reciever

Maybe it is just me but those sound like some is sneezing.

Look it up. There actually is an AKMSNP, and there certainly is an RPK-74M and SVK-74.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 am

Benomia wrote:
Immoren wrote:
Maybe it is just me but those sound like some is sneezing.

Look it up. There actually is an AKMSNP, and there certainly is an RPK-74M and SVK-74.

But it doesn't have anything to do with what I said. :P
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 am

Immoren wrote:
Benomia wrote:Look it up. There actually is an AKMSNP, and there certainly is an RPK-74M and SVK-74.

But it doesn't have anything to do with what I said. :P

You're right.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 am

Benomia wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:What's the P stand for?

From Wikipedia:
The AKMP rifle uses subdued Radium-illuminated aiming points integrated into the front and rear sight. These sights enable targets to be engaged in low-light conditions, e.g. when the battlefield is illuminated with flares, fires or muzzle flashes or when the target is visible as a shadow against an illuminated background. The sliding notch on the sight arm is then moved to the “S” setting (which corresponds to the “3” setting in the AKM). The sight itself is guided on the sliding scale and has a socket, which contains a tritium gas-filled capsule directly beneath the day-time notch. The tritium front post installs into the front sight base using a detent and spring.

I don't see why you'd particularly combine the N and P variants. If you've the rail for a night fighting optic, why bother with the tritium lit sights?
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Benomia wrote:From Wikipedia:
The AKMP rifle uses subdued Radium-illuminated aiming points integrated into the front and rear sight. These sights enable targets to be engaged in low-light conditions, e.g. when the battlefield is illuminated with flares, fires or muzzle flashes or when the target is visible as a shadow against an illuminated background. The sliding notch on the sight arm is then moved to the “S” setting (which corresponds to the “3” setting in the AKM). The sight itself is guided on the sliding scale and has a socket, which contains a tritium gas-filled capsule directly beneath the day-time notch. The tritium front post installs into the front sight base using a detent and spring.

I don't see why you'd particularly combine the N and P variants. If you've the rail for a night fighting optic, why bother with the tritium lit sights?

Because it's better!
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

OBIDOS
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby OBIDOS » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 am

(NAUS - New America United's Ship) (V42 - 42nd off the production line)- Kartolandese Royal Navy, serving the Alliance of the New America United.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 am

I will admit, it does seem cool.
Why does it only work at the 300m range setting though?
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Kartolandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kartolandia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 am

(NAUS - New America United's Ship) (V42 - 42nd off the production line)- Kartolandese Royal Navy, serving the Alliance of the New America United.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 am

what the ?

any how is this cardboard with wax coating ?

http://www.oldammo.com/Conical.jpg
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I will admit, it does seem cool.
Why does it only work at the 300m range setting though?

Because "-74" instead of "".
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Kartolandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kartolandia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 am

Thr Royal Kartolandese Navy is proud for the lauching of the "PRINCIPE PERFEITO".The Vermont Class VLS Ship is, effectively, a very large missile launching pad. She contains 675 Vertical Launching Systems (VLS), more than three times that of her predecessor the Bombardier Class VLS Ship.

INS Vermont was designed, methodical, by Vladimir Dragoon and Stewart Vermont. Stewart Vermont, for who the ship was named, is a well known naval ship designer who's most notable creations include the current Niatei Class Super Battleship and Caeli Class Air Carrier. Vermont was assisted in his efforts by noted naval officer Vladimir Dragoon, now the Commander of the Imperium Navy, who served aboard HIMS Bombardier and pointed out flaws which he and others he served with had noticed.
INS Vermont's design process began on the 11th January 2010 after the Richard Velliex signed off on the initial design orders presented by the Imperium. Vermont and Dragoon were summoned to the Imperial Docks in Luminosus Nox and started their work.
On the 14th February 2011 the completed design plans were presented to Velliex who, after some persuasion by Elias O'Neill (his naval adviser,) he agreed to order the construction of V1 - Now known as INS Vermont.

This initial vessel cost around $20 billion ($2 billion more than expected,) laid down on the 21st February 2011 she was completed after just 8 months and began sea trials on 29th October 2012. On the 6th December 2011 HIMS Vermont was declared fit for service and put into service.
Last edited by Kartolandia on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 am

Deutsches Kaiserreich- wrote:Funny, couple pages back guy posted a rifle and people assured him everyone would die and he'd lose every engagement, so it's safe to say if one doesn't post the latest technobabble assault rifle; something that doesn't exist or the nearly century old Kalashnikov family; they're going to be lambasted.

Anyways;
Gewhr Model 1888 is the standard-issue rifle of the Heer.

Yes, I am PT before you go "Oh but you'll be horribly slaughtered."

Early Gewehr 1888's got a subpar bolt that could stay open despite closed, eject gas in the shooter's face, push two rounds into the breech, fire on its own accord or simply explode. Acquire G1898.

Ukraine, watch my marksmen shoot your privates to pieces with M1895/90. Also, mad minute, current real life record is 38 .303 rounds within a 12 in target in one minute. Smelly ftw.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Benomia wrote:From Wikipedia:

It adds +6 to your #SWAG meter.

Goodbye.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Wouldn't a G3 be more useful in a situation like a wide, expansive plain area than any assault rifle?
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Postby Immoren » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:Wouldn't a G3 be more useful in a situation like a wide, expansive plain area than any assault rifle?

Solution: IFVs. IFVs everywhere.
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Immoren wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:Wouldn't a G3 be more useful in a situation like a wide, expansive plain area than any assault rifle?

Im now picturing animal planet with military gear.
IFVs
Tanks and tanketts (So little...)
Helicopters
Infantrymen...
Sounds fun!

Yes. A G3 would be beneficial. So would a FAL or M14 though.

Goodbye.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Postby Immoren » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Immoren wrote:

IFVs
Helicopters
Infantrymen...
Sounds fun!

Completed with British narrator. Or Steve Irwin copycat? :P

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Immoren wrote:

ATGMs. ATGMs errywhere.

Also SS uses the Panzerfaust 3 like the Fins use the M72 but with more dakka. Send in three guys, two with two Panzerfaust 3s and the last guy with a shitload of spare rockets and watch the spam guided top-down attacking missiles.

Thats a nice armored platoon you have there. Here is three anti-tank squads to fuck it up.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Immoren wrote:

ATGMs. ATGMs errywhere.

Also SS uses the Panzerfaust 3 like the Fins use the M72 but with more dakka. Send in three guys, two with two Panzerfaust 3s and the last guy with a shitload of spare rockets and watch the spam guided top-down attacking missiles.

Thats a nice armored platoon you have there. Here is three anti-tank squads to fuck it up.

I leik your infantry...

Immoren wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
IFVs
Helicopters
Infantrymen...
Sounds fun!

Some sort of steve erwin esque former operator who fights them.

"OI! Look at the size of that T-72! These beasts can weigh upwards of 40 tonnes and boast nearly 220mm of armor!
*Pulls out AT-4*
We need to tranquilize her to tag her, and see their natural migration patterns!
*Fires at T-72, knocking off tread as it flips on its side, turret spinning wildly and shooting*
*Operator steve operates up to the T-72 and places a tag on its underbelly*
We got my wife, a licenced engeneer, to fix em up.
*Cut to the guy from orange county choppers guy in a bikini and blonde wig with a welding torche pulling on a welders face plate*
We got the tank all fixed up and away she went!
*Tank rolls back to its treads, a large bandaid visible on its left tread. Smoke blows out of exhaust as it speeds away*
Nature is beautiful, aint it?

Goodbye.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Puzikas wrote:I leik your infantry...

Dey liek ur helis
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Virana wrote:

Dey liek ur helis

Stingers are good time for all!
Mujahideen proved they work. My father hates them for that.

Goodbye.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Postby Immoren » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Virana wrote:

Dey liek ur helis

:P
Last edited by Immoren on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Legion of Kane
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of Kane » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Immoren wrote:

IFVs
Helicopters
Infantrymen...
Sounds fun!

Yes. A G3 would be beneficial. So would a FAL or M14 though.

Oh man,I think I gotta quote this conversation and put it in my signature.

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Immoren wrote:
IFVs
Helicopters
Infantrymen...
Sounds fun!

Some sort of steve erwin esque former operator who fights them.

"OI! Look at the size of that T-72! These beasts can weigh upwards of 40 tonnes and boast nearly 220mm of armor!
*Pulls out AT-4*
We need to tranquilize her to tag her, and see their natural migration patterns!
*Fires at T-72, knocking off tread as it flips on its side, turret spinning wildly and shooting*
*Operator steve operates up to the T-72 and places a tag on its underbelly*
We got my wife, a licenced engeneer, to fix em up.
*Cut to the guy from orange county choppers guy in a bikini and blonde wig with a welding torche pulling on a welders face plate*
We got the tank all fixed up and away she went!
*Tank rolls back to its treads, a large bandaid visible on its left tread. Smoke blows out of exhaust as it speeds away*
Nature is beautiful, aint it?

David Attenborough = Superior
Kouralia:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information