NATION

PASSWORD

The Right To Work Act

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Bopussia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Right To Work Act

Postby Bopussia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 am

New Law:The Party has established this new law in the country of Bopussia, to give goodness and prosperity to the will of the people.

Section I
All people in the country of Bopussia must work, whether it be under the command of The Party or by a private corporation. The evil minimum wage laws and the oppressive child labor laws are abolished.

Section II
All citizens of Bopussia, 8 and up, must have a Worker's ID card, which displays to The Party that that individual has a job. If the citizen has no card, he will be put into prison for 35 years. These cards shall be given to a citizen the next time he goes to his workplace.

Section II
If a party enforcer finds a citizen with no job, that citizen will be put into jail for 35 years. The prisoner shall work any job that The Party or military gives them, with no pay.
Last edited by Bopussia on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
FACTBOOK: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bopussia/detail=factbook

Note: this nation does not reflect my personal beliefs

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 am

Bopussia wrote:New Law:
The Party has established this new law in the country of Bopussia, to give goodness and prosperity to the will of the people.

Section I
All people in the country of Bopussia must work, whether it be under the command of The Party or by a private corporation. The evil minimum wage laws and the oppressive child labor laws are abolished.

Section II
All citizens of Bopussia, 8 and up, must have a Worker's ID card, which displays to The Party that that individual has a job. If the citizen has no card, he will be put into prison for 35 years. These cards shall be given to a citizen the next time he goes to his workplace.

Section II
If a party enforcer finds a citizen with no job, that citizen will be put into jail for 35 years.

We find the enslavement of your own population to be reprehensible. You're only supposed to do that to your enemies! Citizens should always have the right to NOT work.

The addition of the possibility of some meager pay changes nothing, especially since you leave the people with no choice but to accept whatever is offered - even if it's mere pennies per hour. It's still slavery under the provisions of your Act because it lacks the essential freedom to quit.

Finally, forced workers do not produce quality goods. Slaves are only good for the kinds of labor that cannot be screwed up.

Don't be surprised when your population becomes your enemies since you are already treating them as such. Plus, without a legal way to demand a living wage and no guarantees that the necessities will be covered, it won't be long before they have no choice but to overthrow you just to be able to afford daily life.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Sans Semilla
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sans Semilla » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 am

San Semilla will not allow right to work legislation to pass into law
The only good business is a union bussiness
Union then
Union now
Union forever

Lancov
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancov » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

This is like criminalizing being poor in an attempt to eliminate poverty.
Демократска Република Лaнкoв | RP population: 60 million | rewriting canon as of 2023. previous posts may no longer be accurate | Currency: Haid (1 LVH = 0.41 USD)

| WA Mission | Factbook |
Everyone wrote:Who?

Brotherhood of nod
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Brotherhood of nod » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am

way put them in jail way not kill on the spot its cheeper

Agrennaia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrennaia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am

Lancov wrote:This is like criminalizing being poor in an attempt to eliminate poverty.

I do believe that is precisely what has just happened.
Hello there.

White Sun wrote:"The militant atheist ridicules, demonizes and discriminates against theists because of the same reasons the Christian Church ridicules, demonizes and discriminates against Hebrews, Muslims and "Pagans". Fear. Fear born of the fact that no matter how oppressive one is, no matter how brutal and no matter how obscene, faith will not bow to the will of ignorant, terrified men." - The Current Empress

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am

"This is actually pretty goddamn retarded"

- 4th Princess Aurelia eu Britannia
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Bopussia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

To Brotherhood of Nod

Postby Bopussia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 am

The Party has taken it into consideration, to execute anybody for being poor.
FACTBOOK: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bopussia/detail=factbook

Note: this nation does not reflect my personal beliefs

Agrennaia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrennaia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 am

Bopussia wrote:The Party has taken it into consideration, to execute anybody for being poor.

"This law is now officially retarded."

~ Anonymous blogger, in a discussion about the law.

Laws of this kind serve no purpose, except to do lasting damage to the state, and to the society which supports the state.
Hello there.

White Sun wrote:"The militant atheist ridicules, demonizes and discriminates against theists because of the same reasons the Christian Church ridicules, demonizes and discriminates against Hebrews, Muslims and "Pagans". Fear. Fear born of the fact that no matter how oppressive one is, no matter how brutal and no matter how obscene, faith will not bow to the will of ignorant, terrified men." - The Current Empress

Smartass alcoholics
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Smartass alcoholics » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 am

Bopussia wrote:The Party has taken it into consideration, to execute anybody for being poor.

I do believe that was meant as a mean joke, not as a serious suggestion.
Expect a revolt within the next few decades, if you even last that long.
Nation RP details: United Dominion of Caustancia
Leader: Ketsueki Maru
Current RPing military officials:
-Captain Nile Skorge
-Commander Connor Jakoby
-Warrant Officer Selena Polaski

"When life gives you lemons, ask it for lemonade instead"

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 am

"I see your government is trying hard to be a wanna be dick-tator.

This lady is not amused in the least, my dear.
"

- 4th Princess Aurelia eu Britannia
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Lancov
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancov » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

Oh God what hath we wrought...
Демократска Република Лaнкoв | RP population: 60 million | rewriting canon as of 2023. previous posts may no longer be accurate | Currency: Haid (1 LVH = 0.41 USD)

| WA Mission | Factbook |
Everyone wrote:Who?

Smartass alcoholics
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Smartass alcoholics » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

Lancov wrote:

Oh God what hath we wrought...

Why Lan, why did you do it...
That does it, we need to free these oppressed civilians! >:U
Nation RP details: United Dominion of Caustancia
Leader: Ketsueki Maru
Current RPing military officials:
-Captain Nile Skorge
-Commander Connor Jakoby
-Warrant Officer Selena Polaski

"When life gives you lemons, ask it for lemonade instead"

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 am

We must commend you on your magnificent assault on unemployment, but find imprisoning the unemployed to be counter-productive. Why shove them in prison for 3-and-a-half decades when you can just get them a job? (or put them in prison until they get a job)
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am

When evil space robot tyrants from outer space are criticizing your policies on grounds of being oppressive you know something is horribly wrong.

((OOC: Don't even ask how Purpelia knows about that. It's complicated.))
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Kanaria
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanaria » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:
Bopussia wrote:New Law:
The Party has established this new law in the country of Bopussia, to give goodness and prosperity to the will of the people.

Section I

Section II

Section II
If a party enforcer finds a citizen with no job, that citizen will be put into jail for 35 years.

We find the enslavement of your own population to be reprehensible. You're only supposed to do that to your enemies! Citizens should always have the right to NOT work.

The addition of the possibility of some meager pay changes nothing, especially since you leave the people with no choice but to accept whatever is offered - even if it's mere pennies per hour. It's still slavery under the provisions of your Act because it lacks the essential freedom to quit.

Finally, forced workers do not produce quality goods. Slaves are only good for the kinds of labor that cannot be screwed up.

Don't be surprised when your population becomes your enemies since you are already treating them as such. Plus, without a legal way to demand a living wage and no guarantees that the necessities will be covered, it won't be long before they have no choice but to overthrow you just to be able to afford daily life.

I thought you were a filthy imperialist tyrant space robot, Victorious Decepticons!
As for Bopussia, it might as well be called Bitchofthecorporationspussia.

Federal Republic of Kanaria-
57 federal entities, 863.2 million people, $40.67 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.38. North Pacific, 1,500 miles west of San Fransisco.

Federal Republic of Kanaria- 57 federal entities, $154 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.39. Northern Ruson, Arctic/Anican/Pacific Ocean, 69 lightyears from San Fransisco, Chi Eridani system.
Liberal
Federalist
Republican
Democrat
Statist
Cishet male

American
And silly rabbit, Kanaria's a caliphate.

Ulvena
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Did that nation just go full retard mode?
- Ruby Tide, Chancellor of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Ygganda
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ygganda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

"Those Bopussians must not speak English very well, calling this right to work. I see lots of work but no rights."
-Stefnír Haraldsson, Lawgiver of Ygganda

"Great, another batch of maniacs being crazy again."
-Alfráta Kentasdattír, Foreign Affairs minister
Last edited by Ygganda on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Parliament/Congress is called the Alþing. Each of the 18 constituent republics has its own Þing. Our national head leader is called the "Lawgiver".
We speak an language called Yggandan or Pacific Norse. The latter name hints at our background- descendents of Norse settlers that didn't just reach Vinland, but crossed the ithsmus of Panama and struck out for the Pacific! (Not the most realistic scenario, but I don't really care).
Tech Level would be PMT, the level many expect to be at around 2050
The country's politics reflect my own right-leaning libertarian views.
Left/Right: 3.2
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.69

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 pm

That's not a right or a law that's a "Work slaves" edict.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Poor people are those with the most potential to improve their situation.

In Widetalia, we encourage achievement through determination - and wanting to eat is a helluva incentive to get out there and hustle a buck.

Not to say we're not compassionate! Several highway overpasses have had indoor/outdoor carpet installed under them and all are routinely pressure-washed to ensure cleanliness. Sometimes improving one's lifestyle is a matter of baby steps, after all.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

"Gods, yet another example of the idiocy of the many Human nations that permeate this Earth."
~ David Santorez, Secretary of War
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Hmmm....what if the prison is really a factory with mandatory participation, its own "dorms" and facilities?

Then the people without jobs have jobs. Different security levels with pay scale inverted - lower security = higher pay.

Earn enough to pay off your debts (or get a better job offer) and you're out!

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:32 pm

So, a baby must work? A child must? Interesting way to keep your nation uneducated.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Kaiserholt
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kaiserholt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm

It is the opinion of the Most Serene Republic that if another nation is to implement a policy of slavery, one should not mask it with false terms. Do not conflate an individual's desire to work where work is available, with the State's desire to impose whatever labour-based diktat they feel is politically viable. When a labourer has the skills for a given job, he should have equal access to applying for that job without hindrance from either Union or State. Pay and access to employment should be based upon individual merit, not the whims of whatever group-think organization may be in power at any time. This is why we in Kaiserholt have established the Guild System of Apprentice-Journeyman-Master as seperate from the Union System.

Oppression is oppression, no matter what uniform or symbology may be chosen.
"Hello, Masaki home. Oh, that sounds like if I were married to the family. How embarrassing. What do you think? Do you think it sounds that way?"

"I have been many things in my life, Mollari. I have been silly. I have been quiet when I should have spoken. I have been foolish. And I have wasted far too much time. But I am still Centauri. And I am not afraid."

"You are elevating futility to a high art. There is nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality."

New Albrionn
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Albrionn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Boprussia Illegalises Common Sense
Nation Swallowed by Anti-Logic Generated Black Hole

- Nevermore Sentinel, front page headline, Dec. 14, 2012
On almost any matter I will discuss, I will negotiate, and I will compromise. But on the matters of liberty, justice, and knowledge I shall not be moved. Those who would impose or support tyranny, corruption, or ignorance are undeserving of consideration, nor understanding, nor even life itself.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information