NATION

PASSWORD

Carminican Broadcasting Corporation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Carminica
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Carminican Broadcasting Corporation

Postby Carminica » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 am

Prime Minister Steps Down
After months of political pressure the Prime Minister is to formally submitted his resignation to the King

After fending off attacks by the opposition, Prime Minister Richard Chaves has made public his intentions to resign as Prime Minister effective within the next 3 month. Party insiders have confirmed that a leadership convention will not take place and new Prime minister will be appointed by the King upon Chave's departure.

The Rt. Hon. Richard Chaves, Prime Minister of Carminica

In the investigation on the affair between the Prime Minister and Rosanna Smalls, former girlfriend of Rex Hunter the leader of the infamous Devil's Spawn gang, it was revealed that in fact the leaks concerning the appointment of a new Chief of Staff can be traced to the involvement of the Prime Minister and Mrs Smalls. People close to the investigation claim that the portfolio on the appointment was left by the Prime Minister at Mrs Smalls home after a late late night meeting.

Having defending his actions since the story breaking in late September, the Prime Minister as finally stepped down to avoid a vote of non-confidence and another election. In a statement released from the Prime Minister's Office the Prime Minister as stated that ...

"....actions of my personal life are that of my own, this witch hunt to deface me and my party is nothing more then politics. I order to save my party from any more harsh and unwarranted attacks I have resolved to respectfully step down as Prime Minister of Carminica."

No formally replacement has been identified but Edward Felton, Chancellor of the Exchequer, has been cited as one of the top tier candidates
Last edited by Carminica on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carminica
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carminica » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm

New Governor-General for Grenover

Following the unexpected departure of Sir Leonard Graves from office, after the death of his wife, Premier Susan Price has announced the approval of Elizabeth Collins as the next Governor-General of Grenover. The Premier's office has expressed their "undiluted sorrow for the passing of Lady Graves..." and that the approval of Collins "...a necessary step in the continuity of government. After careful consultation with Sir Leonard the government is sure in its decision.". Although Sir Leonard has removed himself from media attention for the past few weeks the former Governor-General's office has released a statement supporting the governments decisions and praising Collins for her achievements thus far.
Elizabeth Collins, Governor-General Designate
Upon preparation for her installation as Governor-General, Collins will be resigning from her position as President of the University of Grenover. The details of the installation have yet to the revealed but it is expected to be a full state ceremony.

Return to Factbooks and National Information