NATION

PASSWORD

Firearm Ownership In Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Darcsen People
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Darcsen People » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 am

What's the status of firearm ownership in your nation?
Legal and in fact compulsory due to how our national defense works (ie, Swiss system).
The Republic of the Darcsen People

Nation is Currently Underdevelopment and Construction.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 am

Any type of Firearm may be purchased and used by anyone, at any age, as long as they do not have criminal conviction. It is mandatory to own at least one by age 18, and buy at least one new firearm every 5 years (once again, unless the person in question is a convicted criminal, in which case they are exempted from this law). My citizens can walk around in public with any firearm they own, openly or concealed. They can even mount weapons on their cars, though there is some restriction to the type of ordinance they can use on public roads (see my factbook for more information on this). Citizens must check there weapons at the door to any government building, and business also have the right to have anyone who comes onto their property check there weapons at the door as well. The average citizen in my nation owns 47 firearms, last time I checked (weaponization).
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

The Formerly Glorious Varspithian Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Formerly Glorious Varspithian Empire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:35 am

Monkeys laugh at silly question! Why would monkeys want set arms on fire?
Fire burn and hurt many lots! Better leave arms not on fire and stay in tree away from burny things, if you ask monkeys!

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 am

Des-Bal wrote:
The Incorporated States of the Antarctic wrote:
Our MAVs target hostile areas which we then bomb the shit out of.

Attempting to win a war exclusively via aerial combat is an excellent way to lose a war. Not to mention any nation with a half decent air defense will laugh at your feeble attempts to land a decisive blow while slaughtering your military one hundred to one due to the fact they are apparently fighting with sharp sticks and unfriendly sneers. But it is neither the duty nor the right of the Federation to correct the ignorant behavior of lesser nations only to warn you of your errors and ultimately profit from the looting of your civilizations charred remains when your failure to employ effective military tactics inevitably wipes your people out.

I apologize for my stupidity, I have been watching the news about Israels iron dome and this has made me rethink my idea - combat equipped autonomous small drones to replace men because they actually exist (if this idea is not reasonable my last resort is nukes).

Estrago
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Estrago » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

What's the status of firearm ownership in your nation?
Illegal. Only the police, the armed forces and hunters are allowed to posses, carry and fire arms. However, manufacturing arms is not illegal when the product is destined for export or one of the institutions named above.
Museums that wish to display firearms are required to get a special license. Toy guns are only legal when identifiable as such with the naked eye and at a reasonable distance. Anyone not complying with this law gets severly punished.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:50 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Attempting to win a war exclusively via aerial combat is an excellent way to lose a war. Not to mention any nation with a half decent air defense will laugh at your feeble attempts to land a decisive blow while slaughtering your military one hundred to one due to the fact they are apparently fighting with sharp sticks and unfriendly sneers. But it is neither the duty nor the right of the Federation to correct the ignorant behavior of lesser nations only to warn you of your errors and ultimately profit from the looting of your civilizations charred remains when your failure to employ effective military tactics inevitably wipes your people out.

I apologize for my stupidity, I have been watching the news about Israels iron dome and this has made me rethink my idea - combat equipped autonomous small drones to replace men because they actually exist (if this idea is not reasonable my last resort is nukes).

I'd advise against nukes, they tend to be incredibly noobish in the wrong hands. Just have normal soldiers. It's hard to beat the good old GI in terms of combat machines.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 am

Nua Corda wrote:

I'd advise against nukes, they tend to be incredibly noobish in the wrong hands. Just have normal soldiers. It's hard to beat the good old GI in terms of combat machines.

Two words: CHILD SOLDIERS.

Laora
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Laora » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:56 am

Amerikians wrote:What's the status of firearm ownership in your nation?

Perfectly legal with little (read: no) regulation by the State; the right to bare arms is a fundamental constitutional right that we haven't impeded on because we've rather fostered the idea that the armed citizenry is to deter the foreign invader and the tyrant state equally.

Ditto.
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

Don't be an elitist. You're probably not as amazing as you imagine.

Khiosa
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Khiosa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:56 am

It varies across the planet. Some lords allow commoners to own firearms, whilst some only allow their militaries and police forces to do so.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

Nua Corda wrote:

Better than drones, but ultimately ineffective, especially if you've got adults available to conscript. Adults are simply better. This all amusing you're an evil dictatorship and human rights are irrelevent.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Nua Corda wrote:

Better than drones, but ultimately ineffective, especially if you've got adults available to conscript. Adults are simply better. This all amusing you're an evil dictatorship and human rights are irrelevent.

Take a child from the age of 3 before it learns compassion. Train it mentally and physically constantly with only a small amount of time to sleep till it reaches ten, once done equip it with only the equipment of the correct size and it's ready to go.

Great Manchukuo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Manchukuo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Nua Corda wrote:

Take a child from the age of 3 before it learns compassion. Train it mentally and physically constantly with only a small amount of time to sleep till it reaches ten, once done equip it with only the equipment of the correct size and it's ready to go.

Interesting recipe for a sociopath.

Citizens of Manchuria may not privately own arms, this excludes current and former military personnel as well as police forces and nobility.

The last time we let the people own arms, Xinhai happened.
The Empire of Great Manchukuo
(大)滿洲帝國
MT Alternate History - 2021

Phocidaea
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Cevalo Nacio wrote:gun laws in Cevalo nacio are identical to those of Texas

Fun, fun, fun, fun...
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 pm

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic wrote:I apologize for my stupidity, I have been watching the news about Israels iron dome and this has made me rethink my idea - combat equipped autonomous small drones to replace men because they actually exist (if this idea is not reasonable my last resort is nukes).

That wasn't a legit dig at you my IC responses are generally very harsh and very imperious. Drones are able to function in a support capacity but not as a replacement for soldiers. A nuclear attack forces your opponent to respond in turn with nuclear attack, there's no way it ends without grievous damage done to your nation.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
The Incorporated States of the Antarctic wrote:I apologize for my stupidity, I have been watching the news about Israels iron dome and this has made me rethink my idea - combat equipped autonomous small drones to replace men because they actually exist (if this idea is not reasonable my last resort is nukes).

That wasn't a legit dig at you my IC responses are generally very harsh and very imperious. Drones are able to function in a support capacity but not as a replacement for soldiers. A nuclear attack forces your opponent to respond in turn with nuclear attack, there's no way it ends without grievous damage done to your nation.

Yeah I'm going to keep spit-balling ideas so any of you seen the film: THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS, well basically soldiers who can kill with their mind.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Yeah I'm going to keep spit-balling ideas so any of you seen the film: THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS, well basically soldiers who can kill with their mind.

There are limitations to that, it'll prevent some people from RPing with you and you have to figure out the logistics of using psychic powers on an enemy engaging you at rifle range.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

There are limitations to that, it'll prevent some people from RPing with you and you have to figure out the logistics of using psychic powers on an enemy engaging you at rifle range.

yeah but they can only kill one at a time an therefore it is quite similar to a firearm.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

yeah but they can only kill one at a time an therefore it is quite similar to a firearm.

But what has to happen for them to do that? Can they kill someone they can't see, is there a limited distance, how long does it take?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

But what has to happen for them to do that? Can they kill someone they can't see, is there a limited distance, how long does it take?

they have to see him, they cannot kill what they do not know is there.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

That renders them defenseless when fighting vehicles, soldiers shooting from cover, and snipers.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

That renders them defenseless when fighting vehicles, soldiers shooting from cover, and snipers.

not anymore than regular soldiers.

Great Manchukuo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Manchukuo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

You're jacking the thread. Hardish.
The Empire of Great Manchukuo
(大)滿洲帝國
MT Alternate History - 2021

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

Soldiers can shoot vehicles, countersnipe snipers, shoot through light cover and lay down suppressive fire.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Every adult citizen takes with him/her the service rifle that was used by that individual during compulsory military service. This is to speed up mobilisation in case of invasion, like Switzerland. The rifle technically remains the property of the state and may be withdrawn at any time, though this practically never happens unless the individual has been convicted of a violent crime.

Hunting weapons are restricted to bolt action rifles and break/pump/lever action shotguns only. Every hunting weapon is registered with the government to facilitate the investigation of violent crimes.

Otherwise, only the police, military and forest ranger services are allowed firearms.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

Soldiers can shoot vehicles, countersnipe snipers, shoot through light cover and lay down suppressive fire.

The soldiers have to be able to pin point their enemy anyway and therefore my psychic are not at much of a disadvantage however against vehicles where the troops are concealed they would prove highly ineffective but I would only be resigned to using them in a covert ops role.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information