NATION

PASSWORD

Carbon Output Index (CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asasia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Asasia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Syleru wrote:
Asasia wrote:Residential Output

This is the output of the residents within your nation, and covers topics like individual recycling, how efficient are they with lighting and do they buy disposable or reusable products in stores.

What is the population of your nation? Approximatley 500 Million
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) 56 % (308,000,000) Citizens of Asasia Live in Suburbs(1,2, Or 3 Storie Houses), 38% (209,000,000) Live in Urban Cities(Apartments, High Rises,etc), 6% (330,000,000) Live in Townships/Farms/Isolated Property (Varies)
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling Plants, What can't be Recycled is put in a Landfill
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long Lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 2; Electricity
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Fluorescent Lighting; 11 Hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electricity
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient?People tend to care very much for the Enviroment; Very Strict Recycling Programs, Encouraged to Carpool, Government has banned Fossil Fuels for most Things, (Except Military Equipment and other Government Vehicles and Machines), Encouraged to Conserve Power, People who plant Trees atleast Once every 5 Months get 600 A Per Tree.

Please complete the entire application for the most accurate and satisfactory output score. Thank you.

I didn't Complete it all?
Asasia Homepage
Nationstates Tracker
Benomia wrote:
The Cosmos wrote:That's nice. You country will be nothing left but a deserted wasteland inhabited by a homosexual walrus.

You say that like it's a bad thing

I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

I am a Marxist-Leninist Communist

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Asasia wrote:
Syleru wrote:
Please complete the entire application for the most accurate and satisfactory output score. Thank you.

I didn't Complete it all?

Please check the original post, or OP.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

Asasia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Asasia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Syleru wrote:
Asasia wrote:I didn't Complete it all?

Please check the original post, or OP.

Okay, I did it. Check my Original Comment, Becuase If I copied it I would have to add all the Bold Markings and stuff.
Asasia Homepage
Nationstates Tracker
Benomia wrote:
The Cosmos wrote:That's nice. You country will be nothing left but a deserted wasteland inhabited by a homosexual walrus.

Greater Belkan Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Belkan Reich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Residential Output

This is the output of the residents within your nation, and covers topics like individual recycling, how efficient are they with lighting and do they buy disposable or reusable products in stores.

What is the population of your nation?606 Million
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc)Medium Sized Cities in Eastern Belka in Projects & Town Houses
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc)The Enviromental Conservation Agency a Garbage and Compost pick up program that takes control of recycling and compost within the nation. So basically Compost Piles & Recycling Bins.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products?Following the Environmental Legislation all plastic must be bio-degradable or recyclable.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car?1 Gasoline
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Florescent Lighting
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electric Heating Systems are the most common
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Homes are given grades based on household size(Number of People and sq footage) and then given a utility permit and are allowed to use up to a certain amount of water/power.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more?Neither, to each his own as long as they can afford it.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 122 liters
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests?40 Hours of Community Service are required by law for all citizens, which includes but not limited to planting forest,cleaning up the streets or aiding in recycling drives.

Government/Corporate Output

This is the output directly or indirectly caused by the government and corporations. It covers direct carbon topics like power, carbon offsets, banning diesel vehicles and indirect ones like fuel taxes, carbon credits and making corporations liable for their outputs economically.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Solar,Coal, Hydro-Electric in that order
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture?No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit?Yes
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste?We have passed laws limiting the amount of pollution a company/factory may emit and strict fines are in place for those that exceed acceptable emissions.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage?We operate recycling and compost centers in addition to several landfills that are combed for recyclable products quarterly.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent?Following recent legislation, laws have been passed to fully preserve and protect over 26% of Belka's forest and partially preserve and protect over 31% of Belka's Forest & rivers.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use?Air Travel is restricted because of security reasons, so only 1 in 13 Belkan's have been in a airplane.The standard Aeroplane in Belka is the 747 jet and it routinely carries 150,000 liters of fuel for 568 passengers. To offset the massive amount of fuel use, the Aeroplane Fuel Maximization law was passed and all airline or private jet flights must have at least 90% occupancy.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations?No
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon?Yes
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks?Not Active
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts?Yes, all National Forest or Parks are on the Belkan Reforestation Project's official roster of forests to replant.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of?Extremely, most hazardous materials require a simple permit which ensures that the buyer or operator has the training and ability/resources to safely dispose of all hazardous or polluting materials.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies?4
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them.The Carbon Tax,CO2 Tax,The Greenhouse Effect tax, the reckless endangerment Hazardous Emission Clause, The Industrial Manufacturing Regulation Act & the Power Efficiency Act.
How much mining is done by your nation? Less than 1% of our GDP is from Mining
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste?Very Strictly
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)?26% of Belka's total Land area is devoted to commercial use, 31% is devoted to Residential Use and 11% is devoted for Industrial use.

Ulvena
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Syleru wrote:Aazeronia has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade, polluting -1400 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Poldania has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade, polluting 31 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Ulvena has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade, polluting -3500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

(OOC: Congrats, Aazer and Ulvena, for being our first contributors to lowering the world's carbon emissions in NSG. We need more like you.)

(EDIT: Stat change, I misread Ulvena's population, which threw off a percentage, apologies. You're actually another negative emitter.)

Actually, that was a typo. It should have been 145 million.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Ulvena wrote:
Syleru wrote:Aazeronia has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade, polluting -1400 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Poldania has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade, polluting 31 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Ulvena has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade, polluting -3500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

(OOC: Congrats, Aazer and Ulvena, for being our first contributors to lowering the world's carbon emissions in NSG. We need more like you.)

(EDIT: Stat change, I misread Ulvena's population, which threw off a percentage, apologies. You're actually another negative emitter.)

Actually, that was a typo. It should have been 145 million.

What was the original population?
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.

Asasia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Asasia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Okay now I'm VERY sure I completed it, I forgot to paste the Water Usage Part.
Asasia Homepage
Nationstates Tracker
Benomia wrote:

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 pm

I'll update it with your score soon. Now please stop making posts! I check all entries for revisions if they don't complete their app!
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Sigvardia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sigvardia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm

On behalf of the modern Sigvardian Kingdom:
Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 44 million.
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Suburban villas
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling and compost.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long-lasting products.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 0.1 per capita; Diesel
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Fluorescent lighting; 8 hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Burning wood.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Not an awful lot; They usually turn of the lights when they leave the room.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 300 liters.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? They give as they take, for every tree felled there is a tree planted.

This is the output directly or indirectly caused by the government and corporations. It covers direct carbon topics like power, carbon offsets, banning diesel vehicles and indirect ones like fuel taxes, carbon credits and making corporations liable for their outputs economically.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Hydroelectric.
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Cycling and public transit is encouraged.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Medium.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Sent to recycling where appropriate, otherwise sent to other nations.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Yes; 80%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Infrequently; Kerosene
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No; N/A
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Inactive.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? A little.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Very safely.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1.
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No.
How much mining is done by your nation? Significant amounts.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Tightly.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)?
-Commercial: 3%
-Urban/residential: 6%
-Industrial: 5%

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am

Asasia has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 89 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually. (You still forgot one question on the application. D'oh.)

Greater Belkan Reich has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 137 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Sigvardia has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 58 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

OP updated. Icestream change to Icesteam; spelling mistake.
Last edited by Syleru on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 am

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? Current in-game figures state that there are 1.9 billion Crucilandians. As of MT we were only 5 million. As of PMT we were 1 billion. As of FT we are 2 billion. (FT time is current RP date) As of PFT we are 10 billion.
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Super-tall, compact megacities.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) They burn it for energy, or recycle it to cut down on harvesting more resources.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? A lot of items used are made to last to the end of time. We love durability and hate it when our products decay.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? For every person, there are about 2 cars. These cars run on nuclear, antimatter, or perpetual motion; depending on the tech level.
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? [color=#0000FF]Most people use bright lights that expel high concentrations of electromagnetic radiation for us to absorb. In the canopy-level of our cities, they run about 8 hours a day. In the branches, 12 hours. In the lower branches and below, 24 hours.[/color]
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Normally nuclear power or whatever trash we decide to burn.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? We have to consume a lot of energy, so thus we produce a lot as well. We do our ebst to cut corners and be as energy-efficient as possible like vehicle-drifting and turning off unused electronics, but some things cannot be helped.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? In a 1st-world nation, our needs are easily met; wants are our main focus.
How much water do your people use on an average day? On Nationstates, a Crucilandians' body corrodes on contact, so thus we do not use much water. Outside Nationstates and other forums where we do not need any handicaps, water is used freely and excessively; there is so much of it.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? We have giant indoor terrariums for naturalists to enjoy, so progress can keep expanding without the environment to get in the way.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) As of MT/PMT, nuclear. As of FT, antimatter. As of PFT, perpetual motion.
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? The buildings are designed to absorb it. From there, we convert it to a form we need.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? We have more efficient ways of traveling that can also keep our streets free of traffic jams, like 3D highways. Public transportation is thus completely redundant and unnecessary.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? None whatsoever. There is no point in stopping progress.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? It burns it, for the most part, into energy.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? No, not really.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? As of MT, air travel is quite common. As of all the other tech levels, air travel is a transportation staple. They use the fuel sources mentioned above.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? We use bio-petroleum so we never run out...
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Never participates.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? No, unless if you mean like building terrariums.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? We chemically destroy them so they do not pose a threat.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1-2. The amount of chemical cleaners effectively eliminates pollution, in case if we need pure water for something.
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No.
How much mining is done by your nation? Quite a lot, seeing how many metals our nation needs.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? It hardly ever has to.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? Commercial is 30%. Urban/residential is 30%. Industrial is 40%.

We await your conclusion...
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Cruciland has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade and pollutes -40 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually. (We're measuring PMT, as our nation is too, PMT)
Last edited by Syleru on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Hippostania
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hippostania » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? Around 653 million
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) In large suburbs surrounding major cities
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Garbage bags
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Usually people tend to prefer disposable products
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? ~0,8 cars per person. Regular unleaded fuel is the norm
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Lightbulbs, around 12h a day
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electricity
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Conserve energy? Some poor people turn off the lights when they leave, but that's pretty much it
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants!
How much water do your people use on an average day? A lot. A LOT.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Some of them do. Results are minor at best.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Nuclear
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? No
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? As long as you don't dump cyanide in rivers, not really
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? We either burn it or put it in huge dumps.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Yes, but that percent is pretty small. Around 5% of all forests I'd say?
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Behind trains, it's the second-most used form of transportation. Kerosene
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? We're not active in stuff like that
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? To a few minor areas, yes
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? We try to dispose it safely, since we're a pretty densely inhabited country. There's a lot to be fixed though.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 4
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No, although there is a 20% VAT on fuel
How much mining is done by your nation? A lot. We need uranium, gold, diamonds, minerals..
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Not very strictly, tbh
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 24% for commercial, 30% for residential, 12% for industrial
Factbook - New Embassy Program
Economic Right: 10.00 - Social Authoritarian: 2.87 - Foreign Policy Neoconservative: 9.54 - Cultural Liberal: -1.14
For: market liberalism, capitalism, eurofederalism, neoconservatism, British unionism, atlanticism, LGB rights, abortion rights, Greater Israel, Pan-Western federalism, NATO, USA, EU
Against: communism, socialism, anarchism, eurosceptism, agrarianism, Swiss/Irish/Scottish/Welsh independence, cultural relativism, all things Russian, aboriginal/native American special rights

Hippo's Political Party Rankings (updated 21/7/2013)

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 6.146 billion
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Large bungalows
Where do most people put their trash? Garbage bags, which are transported by government to distant island away from homeland.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Disposable
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 3 cars owned per person powered by petrol.
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? We dont have the data for this; however it is estimated that lights are usually on for approximately 19 to 20 hours a day. Most sold lighting is one of HID type.
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electric heaters.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? They dont want to see garbage when they walk around... but that is about it.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants by long way.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 430 Cubic meters per year per person.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? No.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Nuclear
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? No, bicycling is discouraged due to safety issues and due to fact that they reduce traffic speed.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? It must not be released freely within territorial borders of the empire. Government has set up thousands of collection centres for industry to dump their industrial waste. It is then shipped out quarterly and dumped off far from the empire: usually into the ocean or if it is deemed to be too hazardous: it is dumped in distant Island.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? It is collected and sailed far away from the Empire borders; to either sea or to distant island (which are technically part of the empire). It is dumped there.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Not unless scientific advisers to government state that it has potential for future development (due to medicinal purposes or near extinct animals, plants etc)
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? It is highly common and accepted as normal means of transport.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No. There is no carbon limit on corporation: provided it is pumped to local collection centre; from where it is pumped to sea outside Empire's territorial waters.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? It is not a participant in any environment talks.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? No.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Depends on your definition of safety. Like with other wastes; it is collected and dumped in far off island: when pile gets too high - usually it falls into the ocean due to gravity.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No
How much mining is done by your nation? Heavy mining is done in colonies; which are away from the mainland of the empire. Within main territories of empire: mining is not carried out.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? As stated above, as long as all of it is brought to local collection centre (government pays them for pipe line etc): we dont care. If company is found to not be following the law and sending at least 99% of waste to collection centre; responsible personnels within company are charged with attempted murder.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%) 25%
How much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%) 46%
How much for industrial use(%)10%
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Hippostania has received the Environmentally Apathetic Grade grade and pollutes 8 000 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Great Nepal has received the Polluted Wasteland grade and pollutes 11 050 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.
Last edited by Syleru on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Bleckonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bleckonia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 54,306,211
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Either suburban houses or medium-to-high-rises
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Trash about 60%, Recycling about 35%, and Compost about 5%
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? People tend to use longer-lasting products.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? about 0.6 cars per capita; petroleum
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Ambient lighting usually using CFL bulbs; about 12-14 hours/day
What is most commonly used to heat a home? An AC system running off public power
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? On a scale of 1 to 10, about 6 or 7; avoid using paper and instead use electronics, use only as much water as is necessary, etc.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Needs (slightly more than wants)
How much water do your people use on an average day? about 300 liters (70 gallons)
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Some do

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Nuclear, moving toward solar and wind
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Direct air capture
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Yes. Most cities are bicycle friendly and we have a lot of public transport. We also encourage people to carpool and drive hybrids or electric cars.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Fairly strictly
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? We recycle everything we can.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? 75%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Frequently; petroleum
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? We use a cap-and-trade system. It has been quite effective for some time; it absolutely applies to corporations.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? Yes
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Fairly active
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Yes
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Quite safely
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 2
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. There is a petrol tax on both individuals and corporations.
How much mining is done by your nation? Not a whole lot, it's not a huge industry.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Fairly strictly.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? Commercial: 2%, Residential: 6%, Industry: 1.5%
Last edited by Bleckonia on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Economic Left: -9.13; Social Libertarian: -6.26
Atheist. Marxist-Leninist. Anti-consumerist.
Revolutionary Socialist Party of Fernão, Workers of the world, unite!

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Bleckonia has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 61 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The Mercenary Peoples
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mercenary Peoples » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm

We the Mercenary Peoples wish to repost our application on the believe that ours was lost during a mix up of some sort.

The Mercenary Peoples wrote:Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 1.972 Billion
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) 50% hi rise monoliths 40% Underground bunkers 10% Misc.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling bins
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 2 cars one usually Diesel the other a Plug in Electric
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? LED lighting 4-6 hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Cold fusion reactors
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? We don't use traditional batteries only Micro-Fusion cells that are normally good for 5 years with hard use. Also each home has a micro Fusion incinerator that burn at 1.8 billion degrees C which completely consume any waste thrown in.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Needs
How much water do your people use on an average day? 5 gallons
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? No

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Cold Fusion
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Yes we collect, solidify, and compress gathered carbon for use in artificial diamonds and carbon nanotubes.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Public transit
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Lightly though not much is needed overall.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Recycle what can be otherwise it goes into the Fusion incinerators.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? 70%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Frequent Electric over Stirling motors for most commercial jets.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? We don't use credits
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? We use massive algae tower farms to absorb carbon at usually 250 times the rate of a normal tree that we also then use to make whatever petroleum based products we need without drilling.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Dead silent
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? No
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Fusion incinerators that burn at 1.8 billion degrees C which completely consume any waste thrown in this serves as the main means that non-recyclable waste is disposed of for the whole nation.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. None
How much mining is done by your nation? Very little
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Lightly though not much is needed overall.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 30%/40%/45% remaining is forest or untouched tundra.
Last edited by The Mercenary Peoples on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" All that is complex is not useful , all of that is useful is simple. "
~ Mikhail Kalashnikov Designer of the AK-47~
Co-Owner (25%)\Investor of The International Space Station: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=170518
We are a nation of Mercenaries based on giving as many freedoms to our people as possible and unyielding dedication to preserving the most basic human rights.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 425,181,195, as of the 2010 census.
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Suburban McMansions and hi-rises.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Garbage bags.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Disposable.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 1, unleaded gasoline
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Incandescent, for 16 hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Central heating, usually powered by coal electricity.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Some turn off the lights, but that's it.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants
How much water do your people use on an average day? A lot. A fucking lot.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Nope!

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Coal
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Carbon capture and storing.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? No!
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? None at all.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Throw them in the garbage.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Nope, at 0%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Used frequently, using aviation fuel.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No, and no.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? Nope!
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? We staunchly oppose leftist ideologies like environmentalism!
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Nope. It is up to the free market to decide.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Disposed like any garbage, with zero regulations.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 4
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No
How much mining is done by your nation? Plenty.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? None!
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 20%, 40%, and 40% respectively.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 pm

The Mercenary Peoples have received the Low Carbon Economy and produces 7 600 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Luziyca has received the Polluted Wasteland and produces 8 500 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually. And how dare you call environmentalism a 'leftist' ideology? Filthy capitalists.
Last edited by Syleru on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Icesteam
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesteam » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 am

Syleru wrote:Icesteam has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 194 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.[/b]

Dictator Dalemir Bramski finds this an minor milestone in the first ever National Environment Protection Plan of 2012 and is looking foward to see more improvements in the national environment.
Last edited by Icesteam on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-fascism is a common obligation for sensible citizens of modern countries. But why was the term stolen entirely by anarcho-socialists?

Skibereen
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Skibereen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 am

Skibereen wrote:Residential Output

What is the population of your nation?
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc)
Urban centers make extensive use of apartment blocks
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc)
organic wastes suitable for composting are usually used in Block Gardens, all other residential waste is processed at a neighborhood plasma arc facility for waste to energy conversion(SEE: Startech Plasma Arc)
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products?
this is relative question depending entirely on the product. To make a blanket claim would be erroneous at best, and an out right lie at worst. Skibereen is a society deeply rooted in historical customs and traditions this has been shown to promote a reuse mentality with most products.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car?
this figure includes cars, vans, SUVs, and commercial vehicles .578 per person, Diesel/Biodiesel is used almost exclusively.
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for?
electrical, time- not accounted for. An assumed average of 8 hours.
What is most commonly used to heat a home?
electricty
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? While "green" thinking is not a cultural movement in Skibereen, stewardship of the resources available to them is- public transpostation is the most popular form of travel, grey water collection and reuse in block and roof gardens is common as is its use in irragation. a strong anti-sprawl movement keeps urbanization dense living vast tracts of untouched land.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more?
Needs, a matter of cultural tradition.
How much water do your people use on an average day?
18 gallons
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests?
Yes...errr does not cutting them down in the first place count?

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc)
Nuclear
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture?
No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit?
Yes
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste?
"Strict" is a relative term-- it is regulated.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage?
Appropriate organic waste is general sent for composting, all other non-nuclear is sent to a Plasma Arc processing facility.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent?
Yes, 70%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use?
Domestic air travel is frequent, fuel is a bio-fuel manufactured from extracts of algae and jartopha plants.

Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations?
No
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon?
yes, all three
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks?
It is not
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts?
the tropical and alpine forests of Skibereen are a cultural and economic resources greatly protected.

How safely is hazardous material disposed of?
Exceedingly, all non-nuclear hazardous waste is processed via plasma arc

On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies?
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them.
there are no specific taxes for fuel, sales and distribution which apply to general coommerce apply to fuels.
How much mining is done by your nation?
A significant amount
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste?
"strict" is a relative concept, corporate polution is regulated. Corporate waste is regulated by the expense of waste.
How much land is devoted to
Forestry(%)28.8%
Cropland(%); 19.5%
grassland pasture and range(%)25.9%
how much land is devoted to urban/AND Rural residential use (%); 6.8%
special uses(%)13.1%
miscellaneous other uses(%)5.9%

bump for being missed.
argumentum ad logicam, seriously think about it.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison
First in line for the pie in the sky

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Apologies. Skibereen has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation and pollutes 6 500 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually. Your nation's population is grossly enlargened, we suggest adopting birth quotas to prevent further growth in your nation...
Last edited by Syleru on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 134,692,647
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Skyscrapers and apartment buildings
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long-lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 0.28 cars per person, most cars are petrol/electric hybrids
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Predominantly incandescent bulbs, which are mainly used in the home between 1800 and 2300 during the evening. They are also used at other times, but less frequently.
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Most houses have air conditioning and no central heating, as we are a tropical country. Some people will own an electric heater for cold snaps, but the focus is more on cooling the home than heating it.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? People are generally energy-conserving where it is not inconvenient to be so. Public transport is commonly used, and notably hygiene complexes are favoured over personal bath and shower rooms.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Needs.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 75 litres per day
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? We are a city state; the main environmental activity is looking after national parks and public green spaces.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Nuclear power (around three-quarters)
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? The technology is currently impractical, so no.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Mass transit is subsidised and owning a car is relatively highly taxed.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Corporations are required to process any toxic or harmful waste they produce above certain limits, and factories must adhere to pollution standards.
How does your government dispose of its waste/garbage? Predominantly recycling, landfill and export.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Phing Phong is mostly urbanised, and all remaining forests within National Park areas are preserved. This equates to around 10% of total area.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Only to travel abroad, most people fly less than once a year, but more than once every four years. Planes run on kerosene.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? Carbon credits and trading are not used.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No environmental manipulation techniques are used.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Inactive.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? No.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Hazardous materials are processes, and if still relatively hazardous, stored.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 3
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. Petrol and diesel are taxed at a variable rate. Cars must meet emissions standards, and mass transit is subsidised.
How much mining is done by your nation? No mining, though we use offshore oil rigs and gas wells.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Quite strictly.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? We do not make use of national zoning, so are unable to provide these figures.

Note

There are no questions on eating habits and diet, which have a major impact on emissions. We request that Phing Phong's compulsory vegetarianism, and consequent reduced emissions compared with an equivalent non-vegetarian country, is taken into account. This policy is for religious reasons, however, and was not adopted as an environmental measure - it predates environmentalism as a modern movement.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Syleru wrote:Hippostania has received the
Great Nepal has received the[b] Polluted Wasteland
grade and pollutes 11 050 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Government has taken this extremely seriously and expresses it extreme disappointment that Greater Nepal failed to usurp title of most polluting nation from Tyresia. We are looking to start dumping waste directly into international seas rather than distant island to correct this.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information