NATION

PASSWORD

Carbon Output Index (CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

New Hayesalia wrote:I would like to argue that this index is fundamentally flawed. This takes only the base numbers, and does not calculate on a per capita basis. This makes it far more difficult for large nations like mine. Considering this, my nation is actually roughly as efficient as Ulvena or Aazeronia- btw, if cars are banned, why are efficent ones making a 'comeback?' How does your logistics structure even work without cars and trucks?

It's also ridiculous that the Index relates environmental quality to the rejection of capitalism.

(OOC: Remember, we're a little 'biased' toward the environment. We like to emphasize certain details more, just flow with it. :P)
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Syleru wrote:Anollasia has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes about 5600 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Tyresia, the main reason Radiatia is more polluting (to our disgust) is because of their grossly inflated population and their strict anti-environmental policies. Why you would WANT to be more polluted than them baffles us at SCOI.

Regarding population, we have a RP population of 150 million. Would that affect my rating?

Yes. This is because pollution ramps up with increasing population. A nation with 100 million and 2 cars per person would pollute less than a nation with 1 billion and 0.4 cars per person, assuming they have the same statistics in other categories.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Syleru wrote:
Tuthina wrote:Regarding population, we have a RP population of 150 million. Would that affect my rating?

Yes. This is because pollution ramps up with increasing population. A nation with 100 million and 2 cars per person would pollute less than a nation with 1 billion and 0.4 cars per person, assuming they have the same statistics in other categories.

Then is it possible for you to re-evaluate the Carbon Output Index of Tuthina with this population? Thank you. :)
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Syleru wrote:

Then is it possible for you to re-evaluate the Carbon Output Index of Tuthina with this population? Thank you. :)

(OOC: Sure thing, I'll post a new one in my next ratings submission.)
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Yellowapple has inconclusively (since we aren't that advanced yet, nor are we ponies) received the Carbon Neutrality grade and pollutes 0 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Urmanian has inconclusively (again, we don't study ponies, and 'depends' and 'private sectors do that' isn't really reliable information) received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 156 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Coventrinia has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 86 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Cill Airne has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 6900 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Vetalia has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes 6 370 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Viridi has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 54 800 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Mallaska has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes 450 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Vulgomoravia has received the Low Carbon Economy (We're assuming you're a luddite nation? Couldn't really make out your app...) and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

The Drone Empire has received the Undefined grade and pollutes an inconceivable amount of carbon annually. We-we... can't really describe it. But they would devastate our entire planet in a few hours... our best estimate is in the quintillion up to octillion tons...

Armetria has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes 2 600 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Sewer Dwelling Tentacles has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes about 0.1 thousand of metric tons of carbon annually, mostly from breathing, we're still trying to figure out how these tentacles gained sapience...

Greater Oronti has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes about 280 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

The Multiversal Species Alliance has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes about 70 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

The Vermin Confederation of Mossflower has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes about 145 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Falsea has received the has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes about 287 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Victorious Decepticons has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes about 5 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually. We'd hate to live in your universe, also, your grade came from all the missed carbon from your carbon capturing scheme.

Divitaen has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes about 1 500 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Towson has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes about 140 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Zeatly has received the Negative Carbon Emissions grade and pollutes about -10 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

REVISED:

Tuthina's output has increased from 39 000tmt to 48 000tmt due to new information. Her grade, however, is unchanged.

(OOC: That took a while.)
Last edited by Syleru on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Vulgomoravia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulgomoravia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Syleru wrote:Vulgomoravia has received the Low Carbon Economy (We're assuming you're a luddite nation? Couldn't really make out your app...) and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Luddite? Is that a stone?
We have no luddite, only rock.

Nonetheless, Glorious nation Vulgomoravia accepts this score of 14.500 and pledges in the future to strive for high score, for Glory of the People.
(Perhaps this assessment will convince Minister of Environment to allow quarantine of Sedvicja lake to be lifted and water frolicking to resume.)
Glorious Democratic People's Republic of Vulgomoravia!
From the Glorious People's Past!
God's Chosen Social Atheist Republic!
"Bratstvo I Ciganima."
This is the People's Post!
"Presumably Yugo lives again." - Amerikians

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Vulgomoravia wrote:
Syleru wrote:Vulgomoravia has received the Low Carbon Economy (We're assuming you're a luddite nation? Couldn't really make out your app...) and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Luddite? Is that a stone?
We have no luddite, only rock.

Nonetheless, Glorious nation Vulgomoravia accepts this score of 14.500 and pledges in the future to strive for high score, for Glory of the People.
(Perhaps this assessment will convince Minister of Environment to allow quarantine of Sedvicja lake to be lifted and water frolicking to resume.)

A luddite is a term used in the mid 19th century-21st century describing a people or group of peoples generally against or not adapted to the modern conveniences of today's technology.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

OOC: OP will be updated tomorrow, night all.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The Mercenary Peoples
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mercenary Peoples » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Residential Output

This is the output of the residents within your nation, and covers topics like individual recycling, how efficient are they with lighting and do they buy disposable or reusable products in stores.

What is the population of your nation? 1.959 Billion
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) 50% hi rise monoliths 40% Underground bunkers 10% Misc.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling bins
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 2 cars one usually Diesel the other a Plug in Electric
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? LED lighting 4-6 hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Cold fusion reactors
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? We don't use traditional batteries only Micro-Fusion cells that are normally good for 5 years with hard use. Also each home has a micro Fusion incinerator that burn at 1.8 billion degrees C which completely consume any waste thrown in.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Needs
How much water do your people use on an average day? 5 gallons
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? No

Government/Corporate Output

This is the output directly or indirectly caused by the government and corporations. It covers direct carbon topics like power, carbon offsets, banning diesel vehicles and indirect ones like fuel taxes, carbon credits and making corporations liable for their outputs economically.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Cold Fusion
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Yes we collect, solidify, and compress gathered carbon for use in artificial diamonds and carbon nanotubes.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Public transit
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Lightly though not much is needed overall.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Recycle what can be otherwise it goes into the Fusion incinerators.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? 70%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Frequent Electric over Sterling motors for most commercial jets.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? We don't use credits
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? We use massive algae tower farms to absorb carbon at usually 250 times the rate of a normal tree that we also then use to make whatever petroleum based products we need without drilling.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Dead silent
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? No
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Fusion incinerators that burn at 1.8 billion degrees C which completely consume any waste thrown in this serves as the main means that non-recyclable waste is disposed of for the whole nation.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. None
How much mining is done by your nation? Very little
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Lightly though not much is needed overall.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 30%/40%/45% remaining is forest or untouched tundra.
Last edited by The Mercenary Peoples on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" All that is complex is not useful , all of that is useful is simple. "
~ Mikhail Kalashnikov Designer of the AK-47~
Co-Owner (25%)\Investor of The International Space Station: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=170518
We are a nation of Mercenaries based on giving as many freedoms to our people as possible and unyielding dedication to preserving the most basic human rights.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Syleru wrote:Yellowapple has inconclusively (since we aren't that advanced yet, nor are we ponies) received the Carbon Neutrality grade and pollutes 0 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

YellowApple, Inc. is surprised that - given that we actually harvest greenhouse gases out of the sky to build everything and outlaw the combustion of anything that produces greenhouse gases - we're rated at any number greater than negative. However, we do appreciate the analysis and rating.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Residential Output

This is the output of the residents within your nation, and covers topics like individual recycling, how efficient are they with lighting and do they buy disposable or reusable products in stores.

What is the population of your nation? We just hit 21.5 million.

Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Small houses or apartments. Skyscrapers are not common here. They're largely considered an eyesore. Cities tend to expand OUT, not UP.

Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Much of Nui-ta's trash gets recycled, and the government encourages people to make composts for their food waste. Things that can't be recycled, like broken furniture or cars, are usually scrapped down to the bone and shelled for parts/wood/etc. Very little actually ends up in a landfill.

Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long-lasting.

How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? Most people in Nui-ta do not own a car. Only the very rich do so, and it tends to be a hybrid car (part electric, part gasoline) (due to government regulations...). Cars are not a necessity here anyway, as the country is very pedestrian friendly and also has a large public transport system which, in all honesty, makes the use of a personal car pointless. Biofuels are a booming industry.

What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Electric lighting, although most stores only sell LED lights and florescent lights, as incandescent traditional bulbs are a waste of energy and LED's work better anyway. The country is close to the equator, so we don't have long nights and therefore don't need the lights on as much. Maybe 4-5 hours at most.

What is most commonly used to heat a home? As Nui-ta is a very warm country, it is inapplicable to have a heating system in most people's houses. You'll want air conditioning instead...Much of Nui-ta is coastal, so even though it is warm, the coastal climate provides natural cooling and houses are simply built to have efficient ventilation. Inland, where the coastal climate doesn't reach, green air conditioners are in place. Most people carry around paper fans and the rainy season cools down the entire nation significantly. Even rich households have a switch rather than automatic hot water. The switch turns on a heater to make the water warm within 10 minutes, and when you're done with the hot water, you turn the switch off so that the heater doesn't keep running all day. These are uncommon though, as it's hot enough where people largely prefer lukewarm or cool water to boiling hot water.

How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Children are encouraged to bring in paper and plastic recyclables from their home to school for disposal, and are rewarded for doing so. Police cadets are put on duty to ticket people for littering. Recycling and trash bins are frequently available. In rural areas, strong, heated spices are rubbed unto plants as natural deterrents from insects and rabbits (ever seen a rabbit eat chili powder? Hilarious, doesn't kill the rabbit, and chili powder is eco friendly). Respect for the landscape is an inherent value of the people in Nui-ta.

Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Needs. Definitely needs.

How much water do your people use on an average day? A half a gallon on average per person a day for drinking, and 4-5 gallons a day for household chores and hygenic activities. This is an average household. We're by the ocean. Water is everywhere.

Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Oh yes. If you cut down a tree, it is expected that you plant other trees in its place somewhere else. There are actually some places in Nui-ta where the forests have overgrown...

This is the output directly or indirectly caused by the government and corporations. It covers direct carbon topics like power, carbon offsets, banning diesel vehicles and indirect ones like fuel taxes, carbon credits and making corporations liable for their outputs economically.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Wind and electricity.
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Carbon capture.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? As I said earlier, personal cars are largely pointless here. Public transit is huge here. Bicycles and such are common in rural areas.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? VERY strictly. Which is why Nui-ta is a largely agricultural nation...business doesn't like us.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Same way the people do. Recycle as much as possible.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Yes. About 10-15 percent of Nui-ta is dense forest or jungle. Much of this is government protected.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Gasoline is being phased out for airplanes in favor of electric power, but this is still in development.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No, actually. We'd like to but we aren't advanced enough yet.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? VERY. We used to be the head nation of the Humanitarian League Environmental Council, and still have talks within Noctur at least once a year for environmental nations.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Not necessary. We've got enough where the forests are actually starting to get out of control.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? Incinerated in closed spaces by the government. Very safe.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? In the cities, 2-3, due to the occasional contaminant. In rural areas, it is so clean that you can drink spring water right from the source and not die, so 1. Possibly 0.
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. There is a 2% tax on gasoline.
How much mining is done by your nation? There used to be a lot of mining done in the northeast, but this is going down. Many mines are shutting down completely.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Very strictly. Your company can be outlawed for being too wasteful.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 15% of Nui-ta is largely untouched. 30% of Nui-ta is urban/residentual. 5% is industrial. The remaining 50% is all agricultural and farming.
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Icesteam
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesteam » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? 14 542 000
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Depends on the area, mainly mid-rises and detached homes, skyscrapers apply only to the biggest cities.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) They throw it out in the cities, and compost it in the countryside.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? If they're durable and efficient, then yes.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 0.45 car per person; diesel
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Standard, good ol' lightbulb; from 17 to 23, 6 hours.
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Radiators or fireplaces.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient?
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 260 litres per capita
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? People love a nice tree in their backyard. Planting forests are also quite popular.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Nuclear
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No.
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? We've got an advanced public transit net and we encourage our citizens to use it.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? The rules are the waste can't threaten human health or cause extreme changes to the surrounding flora.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? It's either burnt or recycled by private companies.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Our national parks cover 35% of the nation's forests. All cut trees must be replanted.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? It's not popular; the cheapest fuel available is used.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No.
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No.
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? It's not active.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Yes, especially in the industrial Grzywogóry Mountains.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? It is disposed so it can't threat human health or cause extreme changes in the surrounding flora.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 3 to 6, depends on the area.
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No.
How much mining is done by your nation? It's extensive in the Grzywogóry region, but nonexistant in other parts of the country.
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Not very strict.
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 40%; 30%; 20%, the remaining 10% is wildlife.
Last edited by Icesteam on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-fascism is a common obligation for sensible citizens of modern countries. But why was the term stolen entirely by anarcho-socialists?

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

YellowApple wrote:
Syleru wrote:Yellowapple has inconclusively (since we aren't that advanced yet, nor are we ponies) received the Carbon Neutrality grade and pollutes 0 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

YellowApple, Inc. is surprised that - given that we actually harvest greenhouse gases out of the sky to build everything and outlaw the combustion of anything that produces greenhouse gases - we're rated at any number greater than negative. However, we do appreciate the analysis and rating.

It's impossible to harvest every greenhouse gas out of the sky. Waste to energy also still pollutes carbon. Your population is also massive, and produce about 0.3t of carbon dioxide each year, so that's 0.3 x 3 000 000 000 = 900 000 000. Divide that by 1000 is still 900 000tmt annually. You also don't have trees in your little paradise so we can't use forests to offset.
Last edited by Syleru on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Carnelian Island
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Carnelian Island » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 pm

b]What is the population of your nation?[/b]: 237,424,36
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) Grass/Thatch Huts
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Compost
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Yes
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 0
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Candle light/hemp fuel based oils
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Hemp fuel based oils
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? Use candles only at night for only a few hours, use natural light more when possible
How much water do your people use on an average day? 120 liters per day per capita
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Yes

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Solar
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? No
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Tightly regulated
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? All natural composting and decomposition
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? Yes, 90%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? N/A
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No, N/A
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Not engaged
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Yes
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? N/A
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them.:
Oil Tax (For pure petroleum based oils)
Carbon Tax (For powered homes if any)
How much mining is done by your nation? Modest amount
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Tightly regulated
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)?
0% commercial
85% residential
15% Industrial/Agriculture
Chinese-American, Socialist, Bisexual, Secularist, Atheist
Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Nui-ta has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Icestream has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 194 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Carnelian Island has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 4 750 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

OP updated. Low Carbon Economy is now from 1 to 20 000 and Post-Industrial Nation is now 20 000 to 200 000, Forgotten Collective and Nui-Ta have been promoted to Low Carbon Economy. Congratulations.
Last edited by Syleru on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Syleru wrote:Nui-ta has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Icestream has received the Post-Industrial Nation grade and pollutes 194 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

Carnelian Island has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 4 750 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

OP updated. Low Carbon Economy is now from 1 to 20 000 and Post-Industrial Nation is now 20 000 to 200 000, Forgotten Collective and Nui-Ta have been promoted to Low Carbon Economy. Congratulations.

OOC: I see we are not on the Op.

This is upsetting, but I assume it is due to our carbon output, which exceeds your lowest rating, correct?

Perhaps there needs to be a new low..
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Skibereen
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Skibereen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation?
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc)
Urban centers make extensive use of apartment blocks
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc)
organic wastes suitable for composting are usually used in Block Gardens, all other residential waste is processed at a neighborhood plasma arc facility for waste to energy conversion(SEE: Startech Plasma Arc)
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products?
this is relative question depending entirely on the product. To make a blanket claim would be erroneous at best, and an out right lie at worst. Skibereen is a society deeply rooted in historical customs and traditions this has been shown to promote a reuse mentality with most products.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car?
this figure includes cars, vans, SUVs, and commercial vehicles .578 per person, Diesel/Biodiesel is used almost exclusively.
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for?
electrical, time- not accounted for. An assumed average of 8 hours.
What is most commonly used to heat a home?
electricty
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? While "green" thinking is not a cultural movement in Skibereen, stewardship of the resources available to them is- public transpostation is the most popular form of travel, grey water collection and reuse in block and roof gardens is common as is its use in irragation. a strong anti-sprawl movement keeps urbanization dense living vast tracts of untouched land.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more?
Needs, a matter of cultural tradition.
How much water do your people use on an average day?
18 gallons
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests?
Yes...errr does not cutting them down in the first place count?

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc)
Nuclear, Biomass-to-Energy, Waste-to-Energy, Coal
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture?
No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit?
Yes
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste?
"Strict" is a relative term-- it is regulated.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage?
Appropriate organic waste is general sent for composting, all other non-nuclear is sent to a Plasma Arc processing facility.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent?
Yes, 70%
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use?
Domestic air travel is frequent, fuel is a bio-fuel manufactured from extracts of algae and jartopha plants.

Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations?
No
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon?
yes, all three
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks?
It is not
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts?
the tropical and alpine forests of Skibereen are a cultural and economic resources greatly protected.

How safely is hazardous material disposed of?
Exceedingly, all non-nuclear hazardous waste is processed via plasma arc

On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies?
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them.
there are no specific taxes for fuel, sales and distribution which apply to general coommerce apply to fuels.
How much mining is done by your nation?
A significant amount
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste?
"strict" is a relative concept, corporate polution is regulated. Corporate waste is regulated by the expense of waste.
How much land is devoted to
Forestry(%)28.8%
Cropland(%); 19.5%
grassland pasture and range(%)25.9%
how much land is devoted to urban/AND Rural residential use (%); 6.8%
special uses(%)13.1%
miscellaneous other uses(%)5.9%
argumentum ad logicam, seriously think about it.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison
First in line for the pie in the sky

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:40 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Syleru wrote:Nui-ta has received the Low Carbon Economy grade and pollutes 14 500 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.

This is upsetting, but I assume it is due to our carbon output, which exceeds your lowest rating, correct?

(OOC: Apologies. I skipped over the black font. We'll make a new category for you ^^.)
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Demirysis
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Demirysis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? Approximately 4.92 Billion
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) The average home in the UFD is a three story, twenty room suburban home.
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) People recycle recyclables and trash trash.
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Demirilyns strive for quality - most tangibles tend to last a while, but become obsolete if technology.
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? Most families have four cars. The most common fuel is Algae Biodiesel, for economic purposes.
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Lightly lights? It gets dark very early in the UFD - about 4:30 in the Summer, and 2:00 in the winter. Considering that 19% of the population is nocturnal as well, there's always a lot of light on.
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Heating in the home? Oh no no no - we are an extremely hot desert country. The average temperature per year is 140F/60C, and it often well exceeds that. We use air conditioning most often.
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient? We're not that bothered with energy conserving, considering we mostly use solar and geothermal energy.
Do your people emphasize needs or wants more? Wants
How much water do your people use on an average day? We estimate an average Demirilyn will use close to 430 liters per day.
Do your people actively help environmental causes like planting forests? Absolutely not. We can't plant forests here - they'd never grow: as mentioned, we're an extremely hot desert.

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) Solar (although it gets dark early, the sunlight we do get from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm is extremely intense), Geothermal, and Coal are the biggest.
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? No
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Nooooo. Noooo. Big noooo.
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? We don't - that's Socialism. Socialism is illegal here.
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Put it in the trash can?
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent? There are no forests to begin with - we're a desert country.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? People don't really leave the country much, and the prefer road trips to planes. Most air travel is used by tourists or businesspeople.
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? No; N/A
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? No
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? We're not. Our environment is about as hostile as it can be, and we do just fine.
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? We can't. Desert everywhere.
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? We send it elsewhere on the planet - you'll have to ask whatever liberal hellhole that gets it.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? 1. We do take very good care of those.
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. No fuel taxes. Actually, there are no tax taxes. Only the business tax, which is very low.
How much mining is done by your nation? Loads!
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? We don't!
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? A lot/A lot/Not much
Last edited by Demirysis on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Syleru wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

(OOC: Apologies. I skipped over the black font. We'll make a new category for you ^^.)

OOC: Yaaay! :hug:

Thanks. Your good at this, keeping up with it and whatnot.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Syleru wrote:

(OOC: Your very welcome! :hug:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see the OP! Thanks for the support too!)
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Syleru wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

(OOC: Your very welcome! :hug:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see the OP! Thanks for the support too!)

OOC: Your welcome hon, and I love it! ^_^

Alright, I'll stop OOC'ing up your nice thread now. Thank you very, very much. :D
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Demirysis has received the Environmentally Apathetic Nation grade and pollutes 760 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually.
Last edited by Syleru on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

Asasia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Asasia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? Approximatley 500 Million
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) 56 % (308,000,000) Citizens of Asasia Live in Suburbs(1,2, Or 3 Storie Houses), 38% (209,000,000) Live in Urban Cities(Apartments, High Rises,etc), 6% (330,000,000) Live in Townships/Farms/Isolated Property (Varies)
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling Plants, What can't be Recycled is put in a Landfill
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long Lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 2; Electricity
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Fluorescent Lighting; 11 Hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electricity
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient?People tend to care very much for the Enviroment; Very Strict Recycling Programs, Encouraged to Carpool, Government has banned Fossil Fuels for most Things, (Except Military Equipment and other Government Vehicles and Machines), Encouraged to Conserve Power, People who plant Trees atleast Once every 5 Months get 600 A Per Tree.
How much water do your people use on an average day? 45 US Gallons

Largest producer of energy? (Solar, Coal and etc) 84% Solar 15% Nuclear 1% Oil
Does your nation utilize carbon capture and storing or direct air capture? Carbon Capture
Does your government encourage carpooling, bicycling or public transit? Carpooling, Public Transit
How strictly does your government regulate industrial pollution/waste? Regulations are High
How does your government dispose of it's waste/garbage? Recycles Everything that can be Recycled, Stuff that can't be Recycled is put in a Landfill. Or in Special Cases, Burned.
Does your government preserve forests; If so, what percent?Yes, 69 % Of Forest is Preserved.
How frequently is air travel used; what fuel do most of your planes use? Air Travel In Asasia Is Rapidly Growing, So Moderate; Kerosene Based Jet Fuel
Does your government utilize carbon credits; do they apply to corporations? Very Strictly, Corporations are allowed to Use Credits
Does your nation use ocean fertilization, bio-charcoal or enhanced weathering to mitigate carbon? Yes, We use Ocean Fertilization and Bio-Charcoal
Internationally, how active is your nation in environmental talks? Very Active
Has your government made reforestation or afforestation attempts? Yes, But not Often
How safely is hazardous material disposed of? We Aim to Dispose of Hazerdous Materials Safely as we can.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least polluted, 10 is toxic,) how polluted are your nation's water supplies? The Government is Trying very hard to Shoot Down these Numbers, But it is right now at 3
Have any fuel taxes or similar laws been enacted; if so, state all of them. Yes; Have A Moderate Fuel Tax for Public Transportation Units that Use Fossil Fuels
How much mining is done by your nation? Heavy Mining
How strictly does your government regulate corporate pollution/waste? Medium Regulations
How much land is devoted to commercial use (%); how much land is devoted to urban/residential use (%); how much for industrial use(%)? 17% Devoted to Comercial, 24% Devoted To Housing, 14% Devoted to Industries
Last edited by Asasia on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asasia Homepage
Nationstates Tracker
Benomia wrote:
The Cosmos wrote:That's nice. You country will be nothing left but a deserted wasteland inhabited by a homosexual walrus.

You say that like it's a bad thing

I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

I am a Marxist-Leninist Communist

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Asasia wrote:Residential Output

What is the population of your nation? Approximatley 500 Million
Where do most people live in your nation? (Skyscrapers, hi-rises and etc) 56 % (308,000,000) Citizens of Asasia Live in Suburbs(1,2, Or 3 Storie Houses), 38% (209,000,000) Live in Urban Cities(Apartments, High Rises,etc), 6% (330,000,000) Live in Townships/Farms/Isolated Property (Varies)
Where do most people put their trash? (Compost, recycling, garbage bags and etc) Recycling Plants, What can't be Recycled is put in a Landfill
Do most people use disposable or long-lasting products? Long Lasting
How many cars per person; what is the most common fuel source for a car? 2; Electricity
What type of lighting does an average person use; and how long a day do they use it for? Fluorescent Lighting; 11 Hours
What is most commonly used to heat a home? Electricity
How efficient (energy-conserving) are your people with everyday tasks; what are some things your people do that is efficient?People tend to care very much for the Enviroment; Very Strict Recycling Programs, Encouraged to Carpool, Government has banned Fossil Fuels for most Things, (Except Military Equipment and other Government Vehicles and Machines), Encouraged to Conserve Power, People who plant Trees atleast Once every 5 Months get 600 A Per Tree.

Please complete the entire application for the most accurate and satisfactory output score. Thank you.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information