NATION

PASSWORD

II Wiki: Announcement and Discussion Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Fri May 15, 2015 7:55 am

Tiandi wrote:Glad to see that Arumdaum is still the second most popular page. :)

Holy crap, I never realized my page was the most visited.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Arkiasis wrote:
Tiandi wrote:Glad to see that Arumdaum is still the second most popular page. :)

Sweet one of mine is in the top 200 and I have a bunch more in the top 400/600.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun May 17, 2015 7:26 am

Is there a list of categories with the most pages?
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun May 17, 2015 8:23 am

West Aurelia wrote:Is there a list of categories with the most pages?

More or less.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 am

Arkiasis wrote:

it's so much more than mine ;__;
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun May 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Maltropia wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:Is there a list of categories with the most pages?

More or less.

Thanks.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Kia Ora to the admins at IIWiki,

I have uploaded a new version of my flag [ link here ], but for some reason somehow the page didn't show the new version of my flag. I have noticed that the linked images (of that image) on some of the other articles I have also still show the old version. Some articles, however, displayed the new flag version

I have tried clearing my browser cache... but it's still showing the old flag version. Is there a way to clear the IIwiki cache from the IIWiki site (I might have missed that function somewhere)? and if not, how do I fix this problem? Thanks...
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue May 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Yohannes wrote:Kia Ora to the admins at IIWiki,

I have uploaded a new version of my flag [ link here ], but for some reason somehow the page didn't show the new version of my flag. I have noticed that the linked images (of that image) on some of the other articles I have also still show the old version. Some articles, however, displayed the new flag version

I have tried clearing my browser cache... but it's still showing the old flag version. Is there a way to clear the IIwiki cache from the IIWiki site (I might have missed that function somewhere)? and if not, how do I fix this problem? Thanks...

Have you tried F5?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 19, 2015 11:01 pm

What's F5? Sorry, I don't really know a lot about internet things bro :ugeek:

edit: OH WOW ITS WORKING OMG THANKS \\_____(^___^)_____//
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue May 19, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Aurea
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aurea » Wed May 20, 2015 12:35 am

Arkiasis wrote:

How can you tell?
.... Empire of Aurea ....
Head of State
His Imperial Majesty
Henrique II
Emperor of Aurea

(since 15 July 2022)
Head of Government
His Excellency
Frederico Teixeira Souza
President of the Council of Ministers of Aurea

(since 18 July 2023)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed May 20, 2015 1:29 am

Yohannes wrote:What's F5? Sorry, I don't really know a lot about internet things bro :ugeek:

edit: OH WOW ITS WORKING OMG THANKS \\_____(^___^)_____//

In the future, assuming you use one of the three main browsers (Firefox, Chrome, or IE), hitting "CTRL+F5" (Function 5, it's located above your number keys, not the number pad), should force a page-specific cache clear and should force your browser to retrieve the latest version from the server. As far as I have seen, this fixes the issue you had about the old flag being visible.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Celibrae
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Celibrae » Thu May 21, 2015 9:54 am

Is there a tool to replace all instances of the same word with another?
"Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu May 21, 2015 11:34 am

Celibrae wrote:Is there a tool to replace all instances of the same word with another?

A lot of word programmes have a Find and Replace tool that'll let you do that.
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Celibrae
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Celibrae » Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 am

Maltropia wrote:
Celibrae wrote:Is there a tool to replace all instances of the same word with another?

A lot of word programmes have a Find and Replace tool that'll let you do that.

I was wondering if there was an on-site function, but that will suffice.
"Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Vorstus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vorstus » Sat May 23, 2015 9:00 am

How exactly do I go about making one of these Nation Pages? I already have an account, but I cant seem to figure out how to begin... Help please?
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;

He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;

He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;

His truth is marching on.

-An excerpt from The Battle Hymn of the Republic, best known for being the last song played on civilian radio before communications failed during the Siege of El Mao, circa 5195.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat May 23, 2015 9:35 am

Vorstus wrote:How exactly do I go about making one of these Nation Pages? I already have an account, but I cant seem to figure out how to begin... Help please?

There's a link on the front page to the template to use. If it's not clear enough, you can also look at other articles for inspiration, or just pop into #IIwiki with any questions.
Last edited by Maltropia on Sat May 23, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat May 23, 2015 9:42 am

Maltropia wrote:look at.

:')
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat May 23, 2015 9:53 am

Arumdaum wrote:
Maltropia wrote:look at.

:')

;)

Still, half the suggestions were mine. :p

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Not sure if this is a problem with iiwiki or something to do with commons but I think me and a few others have noticed that some files from Wikimedia Commons aren't working...

http://iiwiki.com/wiki/L17

I think Geadland had a similar problem
Last edited by New Carloso on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Is there a template for a video game or a computer game?
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:38 pm

New Carloso wrote:Not sure if this is a problem with iiwiki or something to do with commons but I think me and a few others have noticed that some files from Wikimedia Commons aren't working...

Try copying the relevant portion of the URL from the image on Commons - not the file page, but the one where the brackets are replaced with a % and some digits and the whole thing.
Belay that, it didn't work when I tried previewing it with a few different URL compositions. Odd. It worked when I had trouble with this image, but even that one's gone now. I suspect it's the non-letter characters messing up the URL when IIwiki tries to leech off Commons, but I don't know why it's doing this all of a sudden.

Allied Connurist States wrote:Is there a template for a video game or a computer game?

How about Template:Infobox video game?

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Allied Connurist States wrote:Is there a template for a video game or a computer game?

Thank you, kind sir :P
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Vorstus wrote:How exactly do I go about making one of these Nation Pages? I already have an account, but I cant seem to figure out how to begin... Help please?

There's a link on the front page to the template to use. If it's not clear enough, you can also look at other articles for inspiration, or just pop into #IIwiki with any questions.

Oh, you don't suggest the most viewed article? How dare you.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Maltropia wrote:
New Carloso wrote:Not sure if this is a problem with iiwiki or something to do with commons but I think me and a few others have noticed that some files from Wikimedia Commons aren't working...

Try copying the relevant portion of the URL from the image on Commons - not the file page, but the one where the brackets are replaced with a % and some digits and the whole thing.
Belay that, it didn't work when I tried previewing it with a few different URL compositions. Odd. It worked when I had trouble with this image, but even that one's gone now. I suspect it's the non-letter characters messing up the URL when IIwiki tries to leech off Commons, but I don't know why it's doing this all of a sudden.

Yeah

Theres a file on my main page called C2-CG09Underway.jpg. For me, it appears alright but when I click on it it brings me to a page with "No file by this name exists, but you can upload it."
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

So, I don't know why, but reediting the page to force the image to regenerate (I just removed the 300px, saved, and then added the 300px back in) seems to fix the problem. This is probably due to the fact that thumbnails in Mediawiki are special and are not just the main file produced smaller but an actually smaller image saved slightly differently on the server. If you see the problem again, just force the thumbnail to regenerate by modifying it slightly. The cause may have something to do with the Wikimedia Commons syncing, but I'll have to investigate it a bit to figure it out.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information