NATION

PASSWORD

[CALCULATOR] NS Weather

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

[CALCULATOR] NS Weather

Postby Unibot II » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm

[img]\image%20removed\[/img]
Sponsored by The United Defenders League; Created by Solm and Unibot.

Here's the idea: What if you could link an image to your factbooks, both in-game and on the forum and that image would magically change everyday without you doing anything and show a randomly generated weather forecast for your cities? Sound too good to be true? Well it's not!

For an example of the weather-reports at work, see my forum factbook.

Anyways, I'm sure you gents will figure it out!

CLICK HERE TO VISIT NS-WEATHER!
Last edited by Luna Amore on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image link as it now redirects to an unknown download
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 pm

This is really cool. :D

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Looks cool!

A couple questions--if I wanted to put in the name of the district (/state/province/sub-national entity) my city was in instead of the "country" field (from context it would obviously be in Zwangzug, but if I wanted to display "Sharag, Namiri" instead of "Sharag, Zwangzug") would that bork anything important? Can I generate new values for a city later (say the temperature changes month by month? /thatmuchofadork)? And do any knowledgeable people know whether mountains/rain forests would have more or less variability than average?

Thanks! :D
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:57 am

Zwangzug wrote:Looks cool!

A couple questions--if I wanted to put in the name of the district (/state/province/sub-national entity) my city was in instead of the "country" field (from context it would obviously be in Zwangzug, but if I wanted to display "Sharag, Namiri" instead of "Sharag, Zwangzug") would that bork anything important? Can I generate new values for a city later (say the temperature changes month by month? /thatmuchofadork)? And do any knowledgeable people know whether mountains/rain forests would have more or less variability than average?

Thanks! :D

Yeah sure, you can put in the district instead of the nation name if you'd like. In a big table of all the weathers computed, it'll say the district instead of the nation, but that'd be fine. And you can definitely generate new values for the city later. It'll just overwrite the current city's information. The weather is a daily forecast and will change every day, the formula is made to change regarding the seasons. The temperature field is more of an average temperature.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Luw
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luw » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 am

Nice job. If only they could implement this into the actual Nationstates simulation.
Peace through order |☆|

Alogachia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alogachia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 am

This is a really cool idea, and is something I've been struggling with myself for a long time.
Last edited by Alogachia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

Fatatatutti's temperature is 26 degrees Celsius every day, all year round. The joke is that the thermometers are painted on (which is only partly true), so I'd only need one graphic. :p If it changed from day to day, tourists might think they need to bring a sweater.

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Realy great stuff, I will use this for my embassy page, naturally I will advertise this stuff a bit with a link to the source :)

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

This is fantastic, Uni. :lol: Used it in my factbook.
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Could you change it so that only one of the city/nation fields are mandatory? I'm sure some nations (including San Leggera) are City-states or just want the weather to be an average for the whole country.

Great job, by the way.
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:34 pm

You should add a button to show the weather in Fahrenheit also :) Only to prevent confusion.
Edit: I mean Fahrenheit, sorry for the confusion but as a European I only use °c
Last edited by Kingdom of Phoenixia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solm
Senator

Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

San Leggera wrote:Could you change it so that only one of the city/nation fields are mandatory? I'm sure some nations (including San Leggera) are City-states or just want the weather to be an average for the whole country.

Great job, by the way.

Done. Nation name is no longer a mandatory field.

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Solm wrote:
San Leggera wrote:Could you change it so that only one of the city/nation fields are mandatory? I'm sure some nations (including San Leggera) are City-states or just want the weather to be an average for the whole country.

Great job, by the way.

Done. Nation name is no longer a mandatory field.

Thank you! :)
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Zonolia
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zonolia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Awesome creation, I'm gonna love using this!
Last edited by Zonolia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hell hath no fury like a mod scorned.
Kim Berloni-
President of Zonolia.
Population (Homeland+Colonies-As of 03/14/2014): 19,874,000,000
Current Year: 2014
Territories:
(Jikilo Brothers Incorporated)
S Islands Archipelago
Commonwealths:
Cubanonoa
The Island of Gu
Proud Progressive!
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

All Hail Emperor Palpatine, Savior of the Republic and Valiant Destroyer of the Anti-Establishment Jedi Order!

Solm
Senator

Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Kingdom of Phoenixia wrote:You should add a button to show the weather in Fahrenheit also :) Only to prevent confusion.
Edit: I mean Fahrenheit, sorry for the confusion but as a European I only use °c

Done, added Kelvin too, although I thought that was a bit weird, didn't see your edit to Fahrenheit :P . But we can keep kelvin if some people just really want to use Kelvin.

So, you can now specify a unit of temperature.

The Humanist Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Humanist Federation » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't think that's normal.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Solm wrote:
Kingdom of Phoenixia wrote:You should add a button to show the weather in Fahrenheit also :) Only to prevent confusion.

Done, added Kelvin too, although I thought that was a bit weird, didn't see your edit to Fahrenheit :P . But we can keep kelvin if some people just really want to use Kelvin.

So, you can now specify a unit of temperature.

Really? Great. :lol:
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Zonolia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zonolia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

The Humanist Federation wrote:(Image)

Yea...
Kim Berloni-
President of Zonolia.
Territories:
S Islands Archipelago
Commonwealths:
Cubanonoa
The Island of Gu
Proud Progressive!
Political Compass

All Hail Emperor Palpatine, Savior of the Republic and Valiant Destroyer of the Anti-Establishment Jedi Order!

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Maybe some of the FT Nations on Ice Planets will use Kelvin :P

The Setian Lands
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Setian Lands » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Image This makes a lot of sense for my nation RP wise. Great Job guys :)

The Humanist Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Humanist Federation » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Zonolia wrote:
The Humanist Federation wrote:(Image)

Yea...

Dress lightly and if you are walking your pets today, make sure that they don't combust.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 pm

SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Completly nitpicking here, so feel free to ignore me, but when you hover the mouse over temperature and you're on fahrenheit, it still says "an average temperature in Celsius". Does this affect the weather stats?
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Zonolia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zonolia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 pm

The Humanist Federation wrote:
Zonolia wrote:(Image)

Yea...

Dress lightly and if you are walking your pets today, make sure that they don't combust.

^This...and I just realized I changed the settings and it changed my picture on here xD
Kim Berloni-
President of Zonolia.
Territories:
S Islands Archipelago
Commonwealths:
Cubanonoa
The Island of Gu
Proud Progressive!
Political Compass

Solm
Senator

Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

The Humanist Federation wrote:-snip- 111/107 -snip

It's normal in certain areas near the equator of the world in the summer. But, the temperature bar isn't an exact temperature, it's more of a relative scale of one's nation's temperatures. 30 would mean a very, very hot nation.

Retro Lyra wrote:Completly nitpicking here, so feel free to ignore me, but when you hover the mouse over temperature and you're on fahrenheit, it still says "an average temperature in Celsius". Does this affect the weather stats?

Yeah, that still says since that average temperature scale is still based on celsius, if you click on fahrenheit it will convert such to fahrenheit for all future purposes.

Zonolia wrote:^This...and I just realized I changed the settings and it changed my picture on here xD

Haha, that's the whole point of this :P It generates dynamic images so you don't need to change anything once you put the image on the forums or wherever. It will update daily for you and the image will automatically be updated without you having to do anything.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information