NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Mk. VI

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:Devika, designed by devotees of the goddess Lyria in 2418 PE and used, in one form or another, for over 200 years.

Will find and post FUTUREGUN when I'm not on my phone.

That's a pretty small firearm going by that scale. That'd make it just over five or six inches, wouldn't it?

*Bah dumph tsh*
Unreachable.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Also, OP has now been edited into best OP.

Karcha
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Karcha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:Police don't normally need assault rifles.

Unless your in some of the more war torn areas of the world, where even the Park Rangers make sure their FALs are topped off.

Police definitely need assault rifles, especially when you fall into a shithole such as the north Hollywood shootout. Shotguns won't save you. Neither will glocks.
Kronaz

Defcon 5

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Holy shit spree.
Unreachable.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Karcha wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:Police don't normally need assault rifles.

Unless your in some of the more war torn areas of the world, where even the Park Rangers make sure their FALs are topped off.

Police definitely need assault rifles, especially when you fall into a shithole such as the north Hollywood shootout. Shotguns won't save you. Neither will glocks.

Not for normal duty at least.

Glocks are meh to me. To much plastic and tacticool.

Every officer needs a Metric Pattern FAL (Paratrooper model) in the trunk of his squad car and 4 20-round magazines plus bandoleer to hold all four magazines.

Nothing says "Stand the fuck down" than an officer with 80 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO and an FAL.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Karcha wrote:

Not for normal duty at least.

Glocks are meh to me. To much plastic and tacticool.

Every officer needs a Metric Pattern FAL (Paratrooper model) in the trunk of his squad car and 4 20-round magazines plus bandoleer to hold all four magazines.

Nothing says "Stand the fuck down" than an officer with 80 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO and an FAL.

hehe, that'd be cool. and did I do it right? I think the overall length needs to be longer but dont know what to put it at.

KP-12
Name: Kulsprutepistol 1912 (KP-12)
Type: Submachine gun
Place or Origin: The Swedish Empire

Service History-
In Service: 1912-1922
Used By: The Swedish Empire
Wars: First World War, Swedish Civil War (1920-1923)
Production History-
Designer: Källen Skörer
Manufacturer: Källen Skörer

Unit Cost:
KP-12 - 1,000USD (6,719 Krona)
Designed: 1908-1911
Number Built: 4,400,200
Variants: KP-23 (1923), KP-30 (1930), KP-40 (1940), KP-56 (1956), KP-72 (1972), KP-91 (1991) KP-7 (2007)
Specifications-
Weight:
KP-12 - 4.18 Kilograms (9.2 Pounds)
Length:
KP-12 – 900 Millimeters (35.43 Inches)
Barrel Length:
KP-12 – 228 Millimeters (9 Inches)

Cartridge: 9x19mm Parabellum

Action: open bolt blowback

Rate of Fire: 500 round/min

Muzzle Velocity:
KP-12 – 380 m/s (1,247 ft/s)
Effective Range: 150-300 meters

Feed System: 50 round drum

Sights: Adjustable rear notch, Front hooded post
My IC name is The Swedish Empire
I am not Swedish, I am American

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Add a few inches on the barrel length, also have different magazines like 25-30 round boxed since early drums were normally unreliable.

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:Add a few inches on the barrel length, also have different magazines like 25-30 round boxed since early drums were normally unreliable.

alrgiht, I changed it to 11 inches. that is 2 more than the MP-18

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm

My police carry a .357 Sig. semiautomatic on their belts, and have a KSG shotgun and 7mm Cordian RFB rifle in their squadcars. It's enough for us.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Nua Corda wrote:My police carry a .357 Sig. semiautomatic on their belts, and have a KSG shotgun and 7mm Cordian RFB rifle in their squadcars. It's enough for us.

Overkill is best kill.

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 pm

IIRC,Bajireyn police officers carry 6.5x30mm handguns on their belts and typically keep a 7.62x45 AR or 9.5x55mm BR in their squadcar.
Right behind you...: UDL

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

My Police carry a KP-22 wich fires 9x19mm Parabellum and a Sköror (my nations Colt) .44 revolver. some carry an HG-44, which is a shotgun that fires 12 gauge 2¾ inch shells only.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm

The GWO's main firearm is the MI-8A2 Modular Assault Weapon. The physical appearance is intentionally based on the HK XM8.

The MI-8A2 in GWO-specified Carbine configuration:

The MI-8A2 features a completely modular, easy-to-use system. In minutes, a soldier can change the role, and even the caliber, of his weapon, provided he has the right kit.

The MI-8A2 was developed by a fusion team of developers from the military's development agencies, Emorden Firearms Manufacturing, Geist Solutions, the Grand University of Magna Polis, and Maverick Defense Industries. It followed the brief dual-issue of the MI-8A1 and the MI-8 rifles, which, while superficially similar, had limited parts commonality. The MI-8A2 essentially streamlines the deployment of both assault and battle rifles, allowing for one to easily transition between roles with almost 100% interchangeability between them.

A GWO soldier usually will be carrying two kits for his MI-8A2- a 6.5mm Grendel Assault Rifle Kit and an 8mm Mauser Battle Rifle kit. Of course, these kits often can double as a designated marksman rifle, presuming the soldier has a proper optics, or a squad automatic weapon, or a shortened carbine, or any other role- and the user won't have to be trained on a new system, nor will they have to actually acquire a different system.

Now, while this would create a logistics nightmare if all calibers were issued to the GWO Armed Forces, keep in mind that only certain ones are used, and soldiers sometimes only carry one MI-8A2 kit. However, calibers of all sorts are available for purchase- the GWO government just uses a select few for logistics and combat efficiency purposes.

Of course, since the GWO is full of war profiteers, it isn't uncommon to see employees of weapons corporations following large GWO forces around seeking to sell non-issued ammunition and additional kits to soldiers. Though, most GWO soldiers carry no money or limited money with them while in a combat, so it is rare to see GWO soldiers without common issue rounds. Usually, these men have purchased such equipment simply because they have previous experience with what they're purchasing for their weapon.

Not shown is the rail system for the MI-8A2, simply because I made this picture forever ago and didn't feel like putting the damn things on.

The weapon above is the F.S.I.A.A.S. 12-gauge automatic assault shotgun, or G-AAS12 in civilian and foreign markets. The picture above does not show the magazine, or the vertical grip normally attached because I'm a lazy bastard. Featuring a V-bolt, the FSIAAS is capable of firing at 320 shells per minute with low recoil.

The GWO puts an immense stress on its capability of fighting in urban scenarios. Its strategies usually revolve around cities, and urban warfare is a specialty that is taught to all GWO troops. Due to the nature of urban warfighting, CQB is a common occurrence for the GWO military, and the best weapon for CQB? Shotguns. A selective-fire shotgun, like the FSIAAS, gives GWO troops a massive firepower boost, turning what was previously a nightmare into a fairly simple operation.

The FSIAAS, like many shotguns, can also fire fin-stabilized slugs to give it a further range than usual, as well as specialized ammunition such as FRAG-12 explosive shells, Hexolit-32 slugs, or, in rare cases, DU slugs. The GWO makes heavy use of these rather large slugs, which are very much capable of penetrating any modern body armor and subsequently shredding the insides of whoever is hit with it; in fact, the DU slugs are capable of ripping through APCs and even parts of tanks!

wow, I really should refine these introductions. I've added a little bit of information, but I'll eventually make a complete writeup.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Holy shit spree.

What?

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:My police carry a .357 Sig. semiautomatic on their belts, and have a KSG shotgun and 7mm Cordian RFB rifle in their squadcars. It's enough for us.

Overkill is best kill.

.357 Sig is a pretty popular police caliber, KSG allows cops to have beanbags in one tube and slugs in the other, and RFB allows accurate long-range takedown while being more compact and able to fit into a squad car.

Our police are very well funded, very prolific, and very competent. We simply do not give criminals the chance to commit crimes.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:17 pm

M-12 MCR

The M-12 MCR (Modular Combat Rifle) is the standard issue service rifle for all branches of the Transnapastaini military, law enforcement, and is also in service with all nations belonging to the directorate Defense Force. This rifle replaced the capable, but aging, BR-4 battle rifle, as well as the newer AR-19 assault rifle. While the AR-19 was adopted into service only 12 years before the acceptance of the M-12 by Directorate nations, it is being phased out and replaced with the M-12 MCR due to logistical concerns among Directorate nations.

All metal parts are cryo-treated during production, ensuring lasting durability under combat conditions. Further, the frame is made from high-tech, super-slick polymers. These super slick polymers help increase the durability of the polymer parts, and also assist somewhat with lubrication of the weapon. The surface areas of the weapon are textured for ease of griping by soldiers in the field.

The M-12 MCR is available in different configurations. The short carbine/PDW versions are often issued to rear-area support personal, vehicle crews, and paratroopers, if desired. The PDW and regular assault rifle come chambered in 6.8mm DSC. This round allows for superb stopping power and accuracy in close-medium range engagements. Due to the 6.8mm DSC's subpar performance at longer ranges, the DMR and LMG versions of the weapons systems are chambered in the more capable 7.62x51 (.308) DSC round. This allows operators to engage and pacify targets at greater range.

The universal rail system allows for a wide variety of attachments on all variants, and all variants include a built-in holographic sight, powered by lithium-ion batteries. The holo sight also contains an internal laser-range finder. The holo sight will provide a grenade targeting reticule when the grenade launcher is attached, the user is able to toggle between the standard holosgiht and the grenade ladder sight. Flip up iron sights are mounted on all versions of the weapons system. Utilizing the laser range finder, an under-barrel, air-burst grenade launcher is in development at this time.

The M-12D MCR features an integrated laser designation deice, as well as a CIMS interface chip. While original intended for every rifle to contain the LDD and CIMS chip, cost concerns as well as efficiency reports indicated that target designation was better left in the hands of officer and non-commissioned officers at the squad and platoon level. As such, select members of an infantry platoon, such as the commanding officer and platoon sergeant, are issued M-12D MCR's.

Original posts regarding the M-12 MCR can be found here and here

Manufacturer: Guardian Arms
Designed: 1990
Entered Service1992
In service with:
- Transnapastaini Army
- Transnapastaini Air Fleet
- Transnapastaini Navy
- Protectorate Forces
- Various law enforcement agencies
Caliber:
- M-12 Carbine and PDW: 6.8x45mm DSC
- M-12 DMR and LMG: 7.62x51 (.308) DSC
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Fire mode:
- M-12 Carbine and PDW: Safe, Semi-auto, 3-round burst
- M-12 DMR: Safe, Semi-auto
- M-12 LMG: Safe, fully automatic
Overall length:
- M-12 MCR, LMG and DMR: 38 in (838 mm)
- M-12 PDW: 28 in (710 mm)
Barrel length:
- M-12 Carbine: 14.5 in (370 mm)
- M-12 PDW: 9 in (229 mm)
- M-12 DMR and LMG: 20 in (508 mm)
Weight: 6.8 lbs (3 kg)
Rate of fire:
- Cyclic: 750 rounds per minute
- Sustained: 85 rounds per minute (up to 210 rounds)
Muzzle velocity:
- M-12 Carbine: 2,575 f/s (784 m/s)
- M-12 PDW: 2,260 f/s (689 m/s)
- M-12 DMR and LMG: 2,800 f/s (850 m/s)
Effective range:
- M-12 Carbne: 492 yd (450 m)
- M-12 PDW: 328 yd (250 m)
- M-12 DMR and LMG: 870 yd (800 m)
Magazine capacity: 10 or 30 rounds. 100-round C-mag.
Sighting system: Integrated unmagnified reflex sight. Back up flip up iron sights. Integrated sight includes laser designator (M-12D only) and grenade sight.
Accessory attachment: Directorate Military Standard DMS) rail system allows attachment of desired optics and other accessories.

M-12 MCR

M-12 MCR shown optional attachments

M-12 MCR Carbine/PDW

M-12 DMR with optional attachments

M-12 LMG with optional attachments

More Transnapastaini infantry weapons can be found here

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Holy shit spree.

What?

That's a damn good OP. I hate to be 'that guy,' but you know no one (aside from the regulars) is ever going to bother to read it.
Unreachable.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Would modular rifle chassis have any real impact on accuracy?
Unreachable.

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

What?

That's a damn good OP. I hate to be 'that guy,' but you know no one (aside from the regulars) is ever going to bother to read it.

that really was a good OP, very to the point and I liked how you just skipped the NATO round cause everyone should know what it is.

EDIT: My sniper rifle

CR-213 SWS
Name: Carolus Rex-2013 Sniper Weapons System (CR-213 SWS)
Type: Sniper Rifle
Place or Origin: The Swedish Empire

Service History-
In Service: 2013- 2026
Used By: The Swedish Empire
Wars: World War III (2025-2030), Narnian-Swedish War (2050-)
Production History-
Designer: Källen Skörer
Manufacturer: Källen Skörer Arms Company

Unit Cost: $2,000USD (13,419.32 kronas)
Designed: 2010-2012
Number Built: 2,542, 198
Variants: CR-234 SWS
Specifications-
Weight: 5 kilograms ( 11 pounds)
Length: 1118 millimeters (44 Inches)
Barrel Length: 410 millimeters (16 inches)

Cartridge: 7.62×51mm NATO
Action: gas operated, rotating bolt
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 640 m/s (2100ft/s)
Effective Range: 1000 meters
Feed System: 10 and 20 round magazines
Sights: telescopic scope
Last edited by Den Svenska Riket on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Would modular rifle chassis have any real impact on accuracy?

I believe that a chassis/stock like that is supposed to make shooting more comfortable and their stance with/on the weapon much more consistent. Getting the same posture behind the rifle for every shot greatly helps in accuracy. If you sighted in your scope with your eye directly behind the scope at proper eye relief, you'd be missing targets at the sight-in distance if you moved your eye just a fraction of an inch lower, regardless of the fact your eye relief is perfect. Whereas a red dot is "if the dot is on it, that's where it'll hit," a regular scope is "it only hits on the crosshair when firing the same way you fired it when sighting it in." A customizable-to-the-shooter stock helps this immensely.

CRAPPAKISTAN
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

CRAPPAKISTAN WEAPONRY

Postby CRAPPAKISTAN » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Crappakistan is the BEST nation in the universe!
Under the Divine Leadership of our Dear, Loving Leader, Great Commander Rheal 1 Crappakistan has a great mission for our world: to enslave all non Crappakistanis.
All non Crappakistanis are blind apes; they know not the great benefits of being led by our Dear, Loving Leader, Great Commander Rheal 1.
Our great Armies, under the infallible guidance of Great Commander Rheal 1 will bring other peoples under one banner: freedom!

CRAPPAKISTAN possesses the most terrifying weapons known to mankind.
We have laser weapons, WMDs, the best CBRN weapons ever produced!
We have 5000+ Gen 6 fighters: each have a 5:1 superiority ratio to the F-22 and 8:1 to the Super Flanker.
We have mind control weapons and anti-carrier missiles.
Only one of our vastly Mighty Armoured tank is necessary to accomplish the duties of one NATO Armoured Regiment!
Our troops are supermen: one of our corporals can do the work of a Platoon and is a better tactician than a NATO Colonel!
Our troops are dedicated to die for CRAPPAKISTAN's Great Leader and are itching to enslave the world!
We have the best tanks, the best equipment and our people love their Commander the Great Commander Rheal 1 and all wish to die for him!
Last edited by CRAPPAKISTAN on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Would modular rifle chassis have any real impact on accuracy?

I believe that a chassis/stock like that is supposed to make shooting more comfortable and their stance with/on the weapon much more consistent. Getting the same posture behind the rifle for every shot greatly helps in accuracy. If you sighted in your scope with your eye directly behind the scope at proper eye relief, you'd be missing targets at the sight-in distance if you moved your eye just a fraction of an inch lower, regardless of the fact your eye relief is perfect. Whereas a red dot is "if the dot is on it, that's where it'll hit," a regular scope is "it only hits on the crosshair when firing the same way you fired it when sighting it in." A customizable-to-the-shooter stock helps this immensely.

I really wanted to know whether or not they'd have an impact on the system rather than the shooter. As in can I expect a single chassis to have consistent accuracy and mount a .308 long action or a .300WM long action.
Last edited by Nirvash Type TheEND on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unreachable.

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm

CRAPPAKISTAN wrote:Crappakistan is the BEST nation in the universe!
Under the Divine Leadership of our Dear, Loving Leader, Great Commander Rheal 1 Crappakistan has a great mission for our world: to enslave all non Crappakistanis.
All non Crappakistanis are blind apes; they know not the great benefits of being led by our Dear, Loving Leader, Great Commander Rheal 1.
Our great Armies, under the infallible guidance of Great Commander Rheal 1 will bring other peoples under one banner: freedom!

We have Gen 6 fighters: we have a 5:1 superiority ratio the the F-22 and 8:1 to the Super Flanker.
Only one of our vastly Mighty Armoured tank is necessary to accomplish the duties of one Armoured Regiment!
Our troops are supermen: one of our corporals is a better tactician than a NATO Colonel!
Our troops are dedicated to die for CRAPPAKISTAN's Great Leader and are itching to enslave the world!
We have the best tanks, the best equipment and our people love their Commander the Great Commander Rheal 1 and all wish to die for him!

This is for small arms only

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:19 pm

CRAPPAKISTAN wrote:Crappakistan is the BEST nation in the universe!

We have 5000+ Gen 6 fighters: each have a 5:1 superiority ratio to the F-22 and 8:1 to the Super Flanker.
Only one of our vastly Mighty Armoured tank is necessary to accomplish the duties of one NATO Armoured Regiment!
Our troops are supermen: one of our corporals can do the work of a Platoon and is a better tactician than a NATO Colonel!

Please be trolling....
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

I really wanted to know whether or not they'd have an impact on the system rather than the shooter.

I'm assuming you'd be introducing a lighter trigger pull, as well. Around 3lbs should do it. Not sure what the Ruger 10/22's is, but I checked my girlfriend's shooting last night by having her dry-fire with a coin balanced on the barrel. Didn't even waver. Made me proud...

Anyway, as for the rifle, I imagine it free-floats the barrel (haven't seen one of those M21 EBR Low-Drag, Tactical-Operator-Tactician-Operations models in-person) which will also improve accuracy as it lets the barrel harmonics do their thing, be more consistent, and stuff.

I imagine it would make the rifle slightly more accurate than what it is due to the trigger job and free-floated barrel, but the main advantage of it is making the shooter even more consistent, as well. You can adjust the length of pull, cheek weld, eye relief, et cetera, so each shot is taken with the same form. This makes everything much more consistent.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information