NATION

PASSWORD

MAIN MILITARY WEAPON OF YOUR COUNTRY (MK. II) P2

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 am

Indeos wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Needs barrel spikes so it can be swung like a club.

You could try to go like 100mm gyrojet lever-actions, but I don't even know if demons could into gyrojets.

this is starting to get retarded, and they can't.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:55 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Indeos wrote:
You could try to go like 100mm gyrojet lever-actions, but I don't even know if demons could into gyrojets.

scimitar

bayonet

we are past the retarded bulwark.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:56 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Indeos wrote:

That was the point, and oh well. I figured they couldn't and a 100mm gyrojet would be pretty fucking stupid. You'd get like two shots with a tubular magazine.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Tur Galnos
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tur Galnos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 am

The Galnosian Infantry Corp uses a Steampunk-looking Rifle, obviously run off of gunpowder still as steam would make it hard to have a steady fire-rate and stopping power... It fires .45cal Rounds at roughly 58 Rounds per minute in the hands of a trained soldier. It makes soldiers generally able to face off against most thing that aren't heavily armored with some chance of survival and winning, given the bulk of the amount of soldiers in an area at a given time. While it gives up rate of fire for stopping power, it maintains strong accuracy and reliability.
Tur Galnos | Factbook | Zentari | DEFCON 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:10 am

Anemos Major wrote:(Image)

Modelyr 1899, Revision 7 Long Range Anti-Daemon Powder Actuated Rifle Cannon.

Following Oterro's classification system...

Weight: Heavier than your girly arms can handle.
Length: As long as my (removed at the request of the Armaments Department).
Effective Range: Not applicable, is always effective.
Action: Visceral
Caliber: Stick your ruddy head in front of it and count them.
Designed: In my head.
Produced: By my manly, hairy hands.
Feed: Large bullets and rivers of blood.

make a huot version
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 am

Weight: Heavier than Odin's left testicle
Length: Longer than a sermon on the benefits of communism in the third world
Effective Range: Yes
Action: Plenty of it
Calibre: Somewhere between a grape fruit and a potato
Designed: By a fearless bastard
Produced: Never again
Feed: The innocence of nuns and the tears of orphans
Last edited by Oterro on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Tur Galnos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tur Galnos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 am

Oterro wrote:(Image)

A dagger on the stock- so when you actually feel the need to fire you stab your pussy-ass in the chest/shoulder.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

Modelyr 1899, Revision 7 Long Range Anti-Daemon Powder Actuated Rifle Cannon.

Following Oterro's classification system...

Weight: Broke Atlas's shoulders and the scales.
Length: May 15th, 1902 - had to call off the expedition. Running dangerously low on supplies, and the end is nowhere in sight.
Effective Range: Still receiving complaints about ships sunken by the projectile.
Action: Visceral
Caliber: Stick your ruddy head in front of it and count them.
Designed: In my head.
Produced: By my manly, hairy hands.
Feed: Large bullets and rivers of blood.

Background, History and Design

It is said that the late 1800s were a time of relative peace in Anemos Major. It is a fact that has bemused historians for years; going from total and bitter conflict in the year 1898, to complete, absolute peace in the following year, seemed to be a political impossibility, especially considering the fact that several large, well known empires either surrendered or sued for immediate peace at great loss to themselves, their pride, and their sources of reliable manservants despite no apparent increase in Anemos Major's military might.

What historians do not understand is that all this was brought about by a single man's patriotic quest and his inadvertent creation of a weapon that cannot be described.

Lord Viceroy Second Marshal Imrantyr 'Bear Killer' Mordent was a man whose reputation, prisoners of war, many wives and facial hair preceded him. The renowned victor of various conflicts with the neighbours, his standing in Anemonian society was high, primarily because of his indisputable achievements and his marble pedestal. Having retired at the age of sixty five from frontline military service due to his desire to retire to a quieter, peaceful life away from the eyes of high society, he intended to retreat into the relative calm and quiet of a part-time career in Fyrkondierikan Bear Wrestling with his prisoners of war, many wives and facial hair. It wasn't to last; quickly growing tired of the cheap thrills of fighting animals twice his size, it dawned upon him that he required something that would marry his ability to wreak havoc with something modern and lasting that would leave his mark on Anemonian society like a pneumatic drill on a china vase.

In 1895, he participated in the valiant defence of the city of Symoirei against the Eight Armed Daemons of the Hellish Torments. Though slaying a multitude, he was forced to retreat in shame from the burning city (a traumatic event that haunted him, his prisoners of war, his many wives and facial hair for years to come). Knocked off his large, ornate and well crafted marble pedestal, the Lord Viceroy was dragged back to reality by the horrors of war. His combat record brought him to the attention of the Crown Ministerial Sub-Office of Paranormal Defence; called upon by the Crown to do his duty for the nation, the Lord Viceroy, seeing his one remaining chance to redeem himself, eagerly took the opportunity in both of his manly, bear like hands.

The one problem was that the Anemonians simply didn't understand the realm of the unknown. Disregarding hundreds of years of covert research into the world of the paranormal, the Lord Viceroy was determined to prove his critics wrong. Months were spent researching, producing and tweaking until he managed to conclusively prove that research, learning and mutual understanding were no match for fucktons(*) of high explosives and enough metal to bankrupt a small country.

The Modelyr 1899 was never designed to be a rifle. It is an artillery piece with provisions for infantry use, assuming that the infantry have muscles as thick as the main mast of a ship of the line and bones as hard as cast iron coated with depleted uranium and adamantium. After several complaints concerning the fact that firing the rifle constituted an act of self-mutilation, later revisions added a bipod to the weapon. Tests confirmed that the bipod served as an interesting cosmetic addition to the weapon without serving much of a practical purpose.

Testing was dismal. The first use of the weapon involved the projectile missing its intended target and creating a sizeable freshwater lake via the armour belt of a battleship; such minor problems in testing were eventually solved by adding sights. After the third round of testing ended after the unfortunate deaths of its members during the testing procedure, the Modelyr 1899 was declared fit for service, and was employed in battle.

Both sides took many casualties at the hands of the weapon. Eventually, the Anemonians won.

(* as defined by the 1900 Imperial Registry of Measurements, Ministry of Trade)
Last edited by Anemos Major on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 am

Tur Galnos wrote:

A dagger on the stock- so when you actually feel the need to fire you stab your pussy-ass in the chest/shoulder.

You actually put the stock to your shoulder?

olol

Tur Galnos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tur Galnos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am

Oterro wrote:
Tur Galnos wrote:

You actually put the stock to your shoulder?

olol

Most people do that when they do not want their gun flying all over the place. :o

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 am

Effective Range: Still receiving complaints about ships sunken by the projectile.

I knew I liked your humour.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:

I knew I liked your humour.

It's all very forced, which is embarrassing. I'm feeling kind of sickly at the moment, can't think straight, and feel rather sick, which means my capacity to think and write is gone.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 am

not doing a write up, gg anemos :/

Transylvanistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Transylvanistan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 am

The AK-74M, might be replaced.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:13 am

not doing a write up, gg anemos :/

I feel delirious atm, no idea why.

Going to try dispelling it with some kendo drills.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Altamirus wrote:Rock on brother! :clap: Wannabe SCAdain right here.

... >:-/

Kendo is not very pre-17th century European, as far as I know. It's a Japanese martial art.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 am

Anemos Major wrote:

Kendo is not very pre-17th century European, as far as I know. It's a Japanese martial art.

They copied us though.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am

Oterro wrote:They copied us though.

Sure, Oterro. Sure.

Altamirus wrote:I know, but we are still both into pre gunpowder era fighting.

Kinda. I do it for the discipline of mind.

Amastol
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Amastol » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:41 am

Anemos Major wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:Hmm... I only design small arms.

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to run a joint venture with somebody to expand my range of products a little?

I don't want this to be an operation where I'm reliant on another party; I'd rather have relative parity, or an opportunity for somebody to use my rather limited reputation to showcase their products.

As for you, you already sell small arms, and thus it wouldn't benefit you in any way.
Nothing wrong with specializing if you're happy with it, you could always expand into Infantry equipment and light automatic cannons for vehicle use and stay in roughly the same ballpark.

...But then you would be competing with me and Id have to rip out your liver with a fork.

j/k

maybe.

Yeah, j/k.
Last edited by Amastol on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argus Industrial Manufacturing inc.
MT: The Crowned Republic of Amastol- A small manufacturing based monarchy.
FT: Anchrish Republic- A struggling band of nomadic refugees seeking their place in the sun, though not literally.

Interstellar Britannia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Britannia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 am

Anemos Major wrote:

Kendo is a martial art in the same way as boxing.

Unsuitable to actual combat, but it teaches the basics and prepares oneself physically and mentally.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Interstellar Britannia wrote:Kendo is a martial art in the same way as boxing.

Unsuitable to actual combat, but it teaches the basics and prepares oneself physically and mentally.

Hence art, as opposed to 'practice'.

I think I'll try my hand at a Shipbucket style pre-dreadnought.

Selliconas
Secretary

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Selliconas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Wasata
It looks a little like this, the blade is 100% but it also features leaves near the top handle and the wood looks like bamboo.

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Interstellar Britannia wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

Boxing is actually very effective on the street, against untrained and unarmed opponents.
In hand to hand combat on the battlefield though, it is inferior to more sophisticated and effective martial arts like Sambo or MCMAP.
Last edited by Bafuria on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Interstellar Britannia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Britannia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Bafuria wrote:
Interstellar Britannia wrote:

Boxing is actually very effective on the street, against untrained and unarmed opponents.
In hand to hand combat on the battlefield though, it is inferior to more sophisticated and effective martial arts like Sambo or MCMAP.

It's more boxing does not utilise the feet, granted it is effective when your opponent agrees to a gentlemanly fight of just fisticuffs, otherwise you will require knowledge into wrestling and other forms of fighting in order to complement your punches.

Kendo is the same, it teaches footwork and strikes, but I know many a kendo practionair that couldn't cut a piece of paper with a sword because they cannot keep the edge facing straight downwards.

HaiKowe
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby HaiKowe » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:17 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information