NATION

PASSWORD

MMW MkV thread. It's been fun.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Corda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Semiautomatic.

.45 ACP caliber.

13+ magazine capacity.

Single action.

Manual safety.

Grip safety.
Tech Levels: MT, PMT WARNINGS: 1. I will ignore magic/supernatural abilities when in RP, unless it's agreed otherwise OOC 2. I'm a gun-nut. Expect debunking of any aspect of your posts regarding firearms.
I'm a gun-toting liberal. I support gay rights, abortion, social democracy, high taxes on the rich and the right to own an automatic grenade launcher. I'll tolerate your beliefs if you tolerate mine
[5] [4] [3] [2] [1] - Foreign Conflict

Stop by my storefronts below! And no, these are not more storefronts full of PMG or pics you've already seen

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:
Recoil operated revolver chambered in .30 Carbine with JHP loads.

So basically a semi-automatic Ruger Blackhawk with a bayonet.

A bayonet?

No.

EDIT: Because that would look goofy. And they're supposed to club people, damnit, not stab them!

Clubbing can cause serious internal injury and concussions, silly!

Besides, there's been revolvers with bayonets before. You dare say this is silly:

You're a silly milly! <:

New Corda wrote:Semiautomatic.

.45 ACP caliber.

13+ magazine capacity.

Single action.

Manual safety.

Grip safety.

Double stack .45s too wide.

If you can't stop them in 3 rounds, you fail as a marksman.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Alimeria II
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria II » Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Vigilancia wrote:So, let's do a little scenario here.

Let's say you're looking for a new weapon for police officers to use. Let's say the year is 1950-something. And, for good measure, why not let you decide whether it's a revolver or a semiautomatic? But of course, it would need to use a large enough round to be effective not only against criminals, but also against wild animals, because the country you're running here is a bit... rural in some areas.

In that hypothetical situation, what features would you request?
I would go with the Rifle Route. Preferable the Ishapore 2A1. Or maybe M1/M2 carbine.
Last edited by Alimeria II on Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like it if you called me Ali, but Alimeria works to a certain extent. (IE Roleplays)
Only Steampunk Country to use Bullpup rifles
Unilisia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Never had it. Bastards are too fast, and the men on their back don't approve of my chasing them.
Kill both, consume both.
Nation's Name: The Grand Monarchy of Alimeria (Pretty much the same except without Roman Numerals)
Tech Level: Steampunk

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Alimeria II wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:So, let's do a little scenario here.

Let's say you're looking for a new weapon for police officers to use. Let's say the year is 1950-something. And, for good measure, why not let you decide whether it's a revolver or a semiautomatic? But of course, it would need to use a large enough round to be effective not only against criminals, but also against wild animals, because the country you're running here is a bit... rural in some areas.

In that hypothetical situation, what features would you request?
I would go with the Rifle Route. Preferable the Ishapore 2A1. Or maybe M1 carbine/Garand.

M1918 with a bayonet is a better close quarters weapon than a Garand, due to full automatic fire and heft.

M1/M2 Carbine is second best, tho. <3
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:16 pm

.45 ACP caliber.

13+ magazine capacity.

Single action.

Manual safety.

Grip safety.

Now we're talking. Would probably look really weird as a 1950s weapon, but I bet I could pull it off with some thought.

Perhaps I'll base it off of the weird, boxy nature of the OTs-33 Pernach, but with more old, more .45 and more classy.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Vigilancia wrote:

.45 ACP caliber.

13+ magazine capacity.

Single action.

Manual safety.

Grip safety.

Now we're talking. Would probably look really weird as a 1950s weapon, but I bet I could pull it off with some thought.

Perhaps I'll base it off of the weird, boxy nature of the OTs-33 Pernach, but with more old, more .45 and more classy.

The 1911 is already rather thick.

Don't make it worse.

There's a reason double stack 1911s have not caught on, and it's not because no one couldn't figure out how to make them.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Galla- wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:

Don't make it worse.

There's a reason double stack 1911s have not caught on, and it's not because no one couldn't figure out how to make them.

I've used a CZ-97B, probably the most comfortable weapon I've ever held and fired, so I know it's possible. At least, it is with ten rounds.

Alimeria II
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria II » Sat May 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Galla- wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:

Don't make it worse.

I'm guessing that's also the Reason the Double-barreled 1911 isn't very practical?

Sometimes I will joke to my friends that I want it. But I do not, I want that scout I'll show pictures of every now and then.
I would like it if you called me Ali, but Alimeria works to a certain extent. (IE Roleplays)
Only Steampunk Country to use Bullpup rifles
Unilisia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Never had it. Bastards are too fast, and the men on their back don't approve of my chasing them.
Kill both, consume both.
Nation's Name: The Grand Monarchy of Alimeria (Pretty much the same except without Roman Numerals)
Tech Level: Steampunk

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Alimeria II wrote:
Galla- wrote:

Don't make it worse.

I'm guessing that's also the Reason the Double-barreled 1911 isn't very practical?

Sometimes I will joke to my friends that I want it. But I do not, I want that scout I'll show pictures of every now and then.

Double barrel 1911 is a joke.

Double stack 1911 is just awkward, unless you have gigantic hands.

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:

Don't make it worse.

I've used a CZ-97B, probably the most comfortable weapon I've ever held and fired, so I know it's possible. At least, it is with ten rounds.

I've never seen nor held one so I can't comment.

Double stack 1911s like Para Ord. are pointlessly awkward to hold, though.

Besides, this is the 1950s, use a revolver like a man.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm

I've seen a lot of useless shit in my time, but that revolver bayonet might just take the cake. Someone's been watching too much anime.

Only vimpy lettle girl give shit about size of pistol griip. Real man have hand like bear, care not about extra couple milimeters.

What happens if there's more off them?

If you think an M1911 is wide, you either have tiny hands or have never held one. As for why they havnt "caught on", a lot of folks like custom grips, or the feel of the single stack. It's also more expensive, and not many companies make them at an affordable price.
Tech Levels: MT, PMT WARNINGS: 1. I will ignore magic/supernatural abilities when in RP, unless it's agreed otherwise OOC 2. I'm a gun-nut. Expect debunking of any aspect of your posts regarding firearms.
I'm a gun-toting liberal. I support gay rights, abortion, social democracy, high taxes on the rich and the right to own an automatic grenade launcher. I'll tolerate your beliefs if you tolerate mine

Stop by my storefronts below! And no, these are not more storefronts full of PMG or pics you've already seen

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Galla- wrote:I've never seen nor held one so I can't comment.

My other nation does. .44 special, at that.

Anyway, .45 in 10-12 round magazines is doable if the 97B can be counted on. And, unless there's some horrible fact about them that I don't know, that's what I'm probably going to do. Also they look damn sexy, so I may toss in a dash of CZ97 into the melting pot as well.

New Corda wrote:I've seen a lot of useless shit in my time, but that revolver bayonet might just take the cake. Someone's been watching too much anime.

Only vimpy lettle girl give shit about size of pistol griip. Real man have hand like bear, care not about extra couple milimeters.

If you think an M1911 is wide, you either have tiny hands or have never held one. As for why they havnt "caught on", a lot of folks like custom grips, or the feel of the single stack. It's also more expensive, and not many companies make them at an affordable price.

Speaking of hands like bears, the main reason I need a big round is for killing bears.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 pm

New Corda wrote:I've seen a lot of useless shit in my time, but that revolver bayonet might just take the cake. Someone's been watching too much anime.

1) Revolver bayonet has a practical purpose and were issued in real life. When you've expended ammunition, you stab the guy. It's faster than even a speed loader.

2) I have v. feminine hands wanna fight about?

3) More of what? Police officers generally aren't mobbed by tens of people by themselves, and if 7 rounds isn't enough, you move onto smaller cartridges like the .357 NATO or .32 Tokarev for your double stack.

4) A 1911 single-stack is not wide, it's just right. Double-stacks, OTOH, are twice the thickness or thereabouts. At that point you should just use a 9mm NATO like Browning HP or something, because you're doing something wrong if you need to miss that many times.

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:I've never seen nor held one so I can't comment.

Anyway, .45 in 10-12 round magazines is doable if the 97B can be counted on. And, unless there's some horrible fact about them that I don't know, that's what I'm probably going to do. Also they look damn sexy, so I may toss in a dash of CZ97 into the melting pot as well.

Speaking of hands like bears, the main reason I need a big round is for killing bears.

There's nothing seriously flawed about double stack 1911s, they're just awkward.

Killing bears with a pistol cartridge, outside exceptional marksmanship, is v. improable.

At this point you should be packing a .308 or .30-06 bare BEAR minimum.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Galla- wrote:

1) Revolver bayonet has a practical purpose and were issued in real life. When you've expended ammunition, you stab the guy. It's faster than even a speed loader.

3) More of what? Police officers generally aren't mobbed by tens of people by themselves, and if 7 rounds isn't enough, you move onto smaller cartridges like the .357 NATO or .32 Tokarev for your double stack.

4) A 1911 single-stack is not wide, it's just right. Double-stacks, OTOH, are twice the thickness or thereabouts. At that point you should just use a 9mm NATO like Browning HP or something, because you're doing something wrong if you need to miss that many times.

Vigilancia wrote:

There's nothing seriously flawed about double stack 1911s, they're just awkward.

Killing bears with a pistol cartridge, outside exceptional marksmanship, is v. improable.

Well, they're probably going to have a 7.62x54 rifle in the squadcar, too, if they're out looking for bears. But if you have to suddenly shoot a bear or a wolf to keep it from mauling you, or even a charging moose or something of that sort, something with more bite is always going to be preferable.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:

Well, they're probably going to have a 7.62x54 rifle in the squadcar, too, if they're out looking for bears. But if you have to suddenly shoot a bear or a wolf to keep it from mauling you, or even a charging moose or something of that sort, something with more bite is always going to be preferable.

Rly I'd think anything short of .44 Magnum would just piss a bear or moose off.

.45 ACP definitely too small for that purpose, but should be good enough for smallish wolves tbh. Even 10mm Auto, bless it, would be hard pressed to deter a moose, but it'd drop a wolf or coyote pretty quick. What kind of bear are you talking about? Grizzly, or a black/brown bear? 10mm Auto might be good enough to give the latter a proper kick in the nuts, but it'd be good as spitting at a Griz.

Rly at this point you want to look into revolver cartridges like the .30 Carbine and .44 Magnum if you're regularly going to be assailed by bears and moose. Only way I could see it working with smaller semi-autos is that if one guy carries an SVT-40 or something.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm

because the webley & scott gunsmiths clearly had access to anime back in the '20s

mind pointing out how a revolver bayonet is useless
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Galla- wrote:Rly I'd think anything short of .44 Magnum would just piss a bear or moose off.

.45 ACP definitely too small for that purpose, but should be good enough for smallish wolves tbh. Even 10mm Auto, bless it, would be hard pressed to deter a moose, but it'd drop a wolf or coyote pretty quick. What kind of bear are you talking about? Grizzly, or a black/brown bear? 10mm Auto might be good enough to give the latter a proper kick in the nuts, but it'd be good as spitting at a Griz.

Rly at this point you want to look into revolver cartridges like the .30 Carbine and .44 Magnum if you're regularly going to be assailed by bears and moose. Only way I could see it working with smaller semi-autos is that if one guy carries an SVT-40 or something.

Maybe I'll make a new round. Something like a 1950s .460 Rowland. How does that sound?

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:Rly I'd think anything short of .44 Magnum would just piss a bear or moose off.

Maybe I'll make a new round. Something like a 1950s .460 Rowland. How does that sound?

At this point you should make a 1950s 10mm Auto.

It'll be equally effective and doesn't require dumb amounts of modification, notably the lack of requiring a giant muzzle brake.

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm referring to Galla-'s weird obsession with sticking bayonets on everything.

At that range, a combat knife is a thousand times better. It's more versatile, it's more maneuverable, you can slash with it rather than simply stabbing. A long ass bayonet on a pistol is going to play havoc with your balance, make holstering a pain in the ass (literally, if you miss the holster by a couple inches), and restrict mobility. Now, I dont buy into all the bayonet-fapping that goes on ITT, but any advantage a bayonet holds over a knife is a result of the longer reach given by the rifle. Which means putting them on pistols is stupid, because a knife is so much better in that situation.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Galla- wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:

It'll be equally effective and doesn't require dumb amounts of modification, notably the lack of requiring a giant muzzle brake.

Remember, I'd be designing a weapon for it, so it would need neither. Any ideas for diameter/length? Or even the name?

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Vigilancia wrote:
Galla- wrote:

Remember, I'd be designing a weapon for it, so it would need neither. Any ideas for diameter/length? Or even the name?

10x25mm NPS (New Police Special)?

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 10:33 pm

New Corda wrote:I'm referring to Galla-'s weird obsession with sticking bayonets on everything.

At that range, a combat knife is a thousand times better. It's more versatile, it's more maneuverable, you can slash with it rather than simply stabbing. A long ass bayonet on a pistol is going to play havoc with your balance, make holstering a pain in the ass (literally, if you miss the holster by a couple inches), and restrict mobility. Now, I dont buy into all the bayonet-fapping that goes on ITT, but any advantage a bayonet holds over a knife is a result of the longer reach given by the rifle. Which means putting them on pistols is stupid, because a knife is so much better in that situation.

1) Bayonet is removable hurpdurp. It would be mounted adjacent to the pistol on the holster.

2) Yeah, slashing is great, except you have to get in his face now, where a knife wielding attacker puts you on equal footing. At least with a bayonet you don't have to grapple with him, coming out with multiple stab injuries and probably dying. Knife fights are filthy affairs that lead to no one winning, just someone losing less badly.

A pistol-bayonet is not a significantly longer range than a knife, granted, but at least you don't have to drop or holster your pistol to remove said knife, and engage in grappling.

3) Not literally.

4) Mobility would be restricted no more than a normal handgun. If you think 8" on the end of a gun restricts your movement significantly at all, maybe you should consider not taking entire rooms to turn around. Besides, Pritchard bayonet was designed for use in trenches as an alternative to the knife, and it's effective enough to be bought by officers in real life.

5) No, it is better than a knife, just not significantly. A fight between a man with a pistol-bayonet and a knife would still be questionable, but less so, since you essentially have a knife twice the length with twice the reach of the other guy with an 8" shank.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm

New Corda wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:

10x25mm NPS (New Police Special)?

Pssshhaw, too similar.

0,41 инфорсер (.41 Enforcer)?

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Ularn wrote:
Former Wellboneland wrote:Quick, need a lolhueg shotgun.

What everyone else posted with the tanks, but fired out of a rail gun! :twisted:

Anyone want to speculate on what cannister rounds travelling at 5km/s would do to a battlefield? Because honestly, I don't really know myself!

Already being tested for Pragian armored divisions, more fear factor but has no accuracy, A canister shell has been deemed impossible to fire at high speeds.

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Galla- wrote:
New Corda wrote:I'm referring to Galla-'s weird obsession with sticking bayonets on everything.

1) Bayonet is removable hurpdurp. It would be mounted adjacent to the pistol on the holster.
Great, so now I can stab you to death while you dink around trying to draw and fix your bayonet on your pistol.
2) Yeah, slashing is great, except you have to get in his face now, where a knife wielding attacker puts you on equal footing. At least with a bayonet you don't have to grapple with him, coming out with multiple stab injuries and probably dying. Knife fights are filthy affairs that lead to no one winning, just someone losing less badly.
a bayonet just makes you more susceptible to graplleing, and unable to defend against it. Observe: you have dull bayonet. I have sharp knife. I can grab your bayonet with impunity, then stab or slash you depending on which I prefer, and you can't grab my knife, because it's sharp on the sides.
A pistol-bayonet is not a significantly longer range than a knife, granted, but at least you don't have to drop or holster your pistol to remove said knife, and engage in grappling.
as stated, graplleing gives me the advantage. And it would certainly be quicker then removing the bayonet, affixing it to the pistol, then trying to fence with me.
3) Not literally.
honestly I would not be supprised.
4) Mobility would be restricted no more than a normal handgun. If you think 8" on the end of a gun restricts your movement significantly at all, maybe you should consider not taking entire rooms to turn around. Besides, Pritchard bayonet was designed for use in trenches as an alternative to the knife, and it's effective enough to be bought by officers in real life.
Go get an 8 inch stick. Tape it to a pistol. Try drawing and using it effectively. Then get back to me. And of course, we all know WWI was famous for being well thought out and inteligently fought.
5) No, it is better than a knife, just not significantly. A fight between a man with a pistol-bayonet and a knife would still be questionable, but less so, since you essentially have a knife twice the length with twice the reach of the other guy with an 8" shank.
It's more awkward to hold. It's only good for poking. I can grab it more easily, then cut yo ass at my leisure. Its not essentially a knife, as stated, only good for one thing. More like a short, awkward to hold fencing sword really. It might involve more prancing about on your part, but I'd get you in the end. All I'd need to do it grab your pistol/bayonet or get too close for you to stab me properly.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 11:04 pm

New Corda wrote:
Galla- wrote:
Great, so now I can stab you to death while you dink around trying to draw and fix your bayonet on your pistol.
a bayonet just makes you more susceptible to graplleing, and unable to defend against it. Observe: you have dull bayonet. I have sharp knife. I can grab your bayonet with impunity, then stab or slash you depending on which I prefer, and you can't grab my knife, because it's sharp on the sides.
as stated, graplleing gives me the advantage. And it would certainly be quicker then removing the bayonet, affixing it to the pistol, then trying to fence with me.
3) Not literally.
honestly I would not be supprised.
Go get an 8 inch stick. Tape it to a pistol. Try drawing and using it effectively. Then get back to me. And of course, we all know WWI was famous for being well thought out and inteligently fought.
It's more awkward to hold. It's only good for poking. I can grab it more easily, then cut yo ass at my leisure. Its not essentially a knife, as stated, only good for one thing. More like a short, awkward to hold fencing sword really. It might involve more prancing about on your part, but I'd get you in the end. All I'd need to do it grab your pistol/bayonet or get too close for you to stab me properly.

1) You're making the rather audacious assumption that the bayonet isn't already affixed with the weapon drawn, since that's pretty much what you're supposed to do with any firearm that can mount a bayonet.
2) You grab my bayonet, I pull the trigger. Your fingers are now gone and I can stab you with impunity.
3) Assuming bayonet isn't already affixed, and assuming I'm not trying to stab you.
4) Yeah, I guess you don't look when you're sheathing knives then.
5) Assuming bayonet is affixed while pistol is in holster. You don't affix the bayonet until you draw the pistol hurp.
6) You can grab it easily, get your fingers shot off, and get stabbed.

You can't shoot with a knife, tbh.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information